PDA

View Full Version : OPEN END CHROME TRAILER HUB CENTERS

Never Enuff
08-15-2012, 02:00 PM
I have 4 open end chrome trailer hub centers. They have been used for one season. They are in good shape however I have not polished them since taking them off. The fit a 4.5x5x15" rim. Will sell for $40. + shipping.
Jay

Ratickle
08-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Got a pic?

Never Enuff
08-16-2012, 11:58 AM
I'll try to post one later today. Thanks for the inquire.
Jay

rschap1
08-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Sure...now ya tell me.

A couple weeks ago I could have used these.
When I got my boat Eagle did a "real fine" job" on the center caps.
Black plastic cheapos that have hole sawed openings in them.
Then there were kinda sorta sprayed with "chrome paint" about 3/4 of the way around.
If you parked just right it wasn't too bad, but....

I pulled the cheapo chrome directional wheels and their cracking / peeling clear coat off, soaked the greasy center covers in kerosene long enough to clean them up, dried, scotch brited, and painted with a silver metallic (and I mean HEAVY metallic-lots of flake in this stuff) wheel and rim paint. Greased up the Shur-Lube spindles, all looked good and re-assembled. They look good now. Only issue was my helper. My son just tossed my 4 ways on top of my plastic oil change drip pan and cracked it. Guess when I found that out...???

:(

Never Enuff
08-16-2012, 07:50 PM
The nice thing about the plastic cheapy is that they don't rust. The down side is you can't find them in chrome anymore. The metal ones usually last 4-5 years depending on whether you are in salt or not. The ones I have, have been used for 1 year in fresh water. You might try some Plasti-Dip and spray your centers. I think that stuff will help preserve them for awhile. As cheap as mine are, you can always buy them for spares---LOL
Jay

Never Enuff
08-26-2012, 10:36 PM

Here are the pictures. It appears I have 5 of the caps---same price, just one extra----