PDA

View Full Version : Chitty weekend...literally

Buoy
04-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Spent over $500 this weekend on feces...
So, Friday I had to have the septic tank pumped. $375
It seems the aerator pump is not working, no power to it.
I think it is related to the electrical issue I was working on in this thread http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/bar/19864-paging-macgyver-electrical-question.html
I still need to fix the electrical issue because I "presume" the pump is on the same circuit.
The guy that built the house was brilliant on some aspects, and other things he has left me thinking WTF.

But, last night on my 3 am stumble to the bathroom to pee, I took a bad tumble. Pretty sure I broke my wrist and a rib, so I'm not exactly in a position to troubleshoot today...
Been in pain all day, and didn't get back to sleep last night.

My 12 yr daughter was out here last week (read that as "puberty age girl"), and apparently she flushed something that should not be flushed...

When I flushed after the morning "business", a mess showed up in the tub.

Had to call out a Rooter guy, on a Sunday, $140, to clear the line. I actually thought that was reasonable for a Sunday and threw the guy a couple bucks for a tip. What pizzes me off is I could do this myself just not physically capable at this time.
Had to get the line cleared today, need to do laundry because the wife is traveling to Portland on Tues-Fri, and I'm holding down the fort alone.
Trailer Park Boys marathon, and Banquet pot-pies this week.

Ratickle
04-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Tell her to say Hi to all my friends and relatives in Portland....:)

When is the Doc checking you out? Rib no big deal, just hurt for a couple of months, (unless you collapsed a lung).

Wrist, needs to be set if F'd up.....

Ratickle
04-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Why would the septic tank need a aerator? I've never heard of that before. Is it something to do with the desert?

Bobcat
04-22-2012, 07:34 PM
S h i t, that's cheap on a weekday (pun intended) I am also unfamiliar with the aerator on a septic system.

fund razor
04-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Holy Crap!

Buoy
04-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Rib is sore.
I have a brace on the wrist, but hurts like hell!

The aerator keeps the chit moving, and promotes bacteria to eat the waste before sending to the leach field. Supposed to be some great system, normally only needs pumped every 5 yrs.
I've never had a septic before, so this is all new to me.
I'm learning a couple $hundred$ at a time...

Ratickle
04-22-2012, 08:49 PM
We get ours pumped every 4 years, easy to remember that way. Pump the schit every summer before the national elections and you figure out which schit to vote for (who's gonna take all your good schit with new taxes).....

No aerator though. And I know no one who has one.

Bobcat
04-22-2012, 09:48 PM
I don't think Alec has Gayboat cleaned out that often....and you know he's gotta be backed up.

fund razor
04-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Rib is sore.
I have a brace on the wrist, but hurts like hell!

The aerator keeps the chit moving, and promotes bacteria to eat the waste before sending to the leach field. Supposed to be some great system, normally only needs pumped every 5 yrs.
I've never had a septic before, so this is all new to me.
I'm learning a couple $hundred$ at a time... Is your septic tank at a higher elevation than your tub?

Buoy
04-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Is your septic tank at a higher elevation than your tub?

no.

The backup was due to my daughters newly achieved "puberty", and lack of knowledge on handling such issues.

The wrist is killing me tonite. I was hoping it was just a sprain, but I guess I'll have to visit the "educated" Apu tomorrow. I phucking hate doctors!
Great, I'll have a cast for the next few weeks...

Buoy
04-23-2012, 03:39 PM
3 hrs at the ER this morning.
Broke both bones in my arm right at the wrist, and broke a rib (I think they said #9)
Oh joy!

Ratickle
04-23-2012, 03:56 PM
That really sucks. Question, good arm or not as good arm? I'm actually afraid to ask.....

Buoy
04-23-2012, 04:04 PM
The "not so good" arm.
Kinda funny when you think I was scheduled for physical therapy this morning at the East end of the hospital, but instead I was in the ER at the West end of the hospital...

Bobcat
04-23-2012, 04:19 PM
I was in the wrong place...

But it must have been the right time...

Buoy
04-23-2012, 04:32 PM
I was in the wrong place...

But it must have been the right time...

HaHa!

The ER docs/people were pretty cool and joking around with me a bit. They were really pushing the percocet, but I don't think the pain is that bad. Just annoying.
I've always tried to stay from any drugs, illegal or Rx. I'm afraid I'd like them too much.

Bobcat
04-23-2012, 04:44 PM
When I dislocated my shoulder they gave me percocet's. I broke them in half and only took a half one right before bed.

Davidmnc
04-23-2012, 09:29 PM
HaHa!

The ER docs/people were pretty cool and joking around with me a bit. They were really pushing the percocet, but I don't think the pain is that bad. Just annoying.
I've always tried to stay from any drugs, illegal or Rx. I'm afraid I'd like them too much.

I'm the same way.

Donskihp
04-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Man that must have been one heck of a tumble, for that damage. Did you hit something going down? I vote we all go together and get Buoy a potapoti to put next to his bed!

Buoy
04-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Man that must have been one heck of a tumble, for that damage. Did you hit something going down? I vote we all go together and get Buoy a potapoti to put next to his bed!

Just lost my balance and went down. Landed on my wrist.
9 mos ago I had a stroke, so I'm a little wobbly on my right side.
My PT girls called wanting to know where the hell I was today. I think I'm their favorite patient because I really bust my azz - always doing more than they ask. I just want to get back to normal.
This is just a setback.

Ratickle
05-18-2012, 11:49 AM
So how are you doing????

Buoy
05-18-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm doing OK. Still have about 4 more weeks with my arm in a cast, then it'll be a brace on my wrist for ? long.
I see the Doc in two weeks for pictures to make sure things are healing correctly.

Thanks for asking.

poncho
05-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Same thing happened to me except for the broken bones and flushing of something that shouldn't be! Septic tank got full plus a blockage in the main line. Took the pump out folks two days to come. Its fixed now.

Buoy
05-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Same thing happened to me except for the broken bones and flushing of something that shouldn't be! Septic tank got full plus a blockage in the main line. Took the pump out folks two days to come. Its fixed now.

I was willing to pay the Sunday fee to have a working chitter.

Daughter will be out here next Tuesday and spending the summer, Step-mom is gonna have a talk with her about "flushables". I would do it, but I think it would embarrass her. 13 is an awkward age no matter who you are.
I still need to get my buddy out here to check out the pump, right now I'm just filling the tank. It's 1500 gal, so I have a little time, but need to get it working properly.

Bobcat
05-18-2012, 05:38 PM
13 is an awkward age no matter who you are.

So's 49 !:sifone: