PDA

View Full Version : RIP Jim Marshall

Buoy
04-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Marshall (http://marshallfridge.com/?kid=7QXT)

It is with profound sorrow that we announce the passing of our beloved founder and leader for the past 50 years, Jim Marshall. While mourning the Guv’nor though, we also salute a legendary man who led a full and truly remarkable life.

Jim’s ascent into the history books as ‘the Father of Loud’ and the man responsible for ‘the Sound of Rock’ is a true rags-to-riches tale. Cruelly robbed of his youth by tubercular bones, Jim rose to become one of the four forefathers responsible for creating the tools that allowed rock guitar as we know and love it today to be born. The ground breaking quartet also includes the late, great trio of Leo Fender, Les Paul and Seth Lover – together with Jim, they truly are the cornerstones of all things rock.

In addition to the creation of the amps chosen by countless guitar heroes and game changing bands, Jim was also an incredibly humble and generous man who, over the past several decades, has quietly donated many millions of pounds to worthy causes.

While the entire Marshall Amplification family mourns Jim’s passing and will miss him tremendously, we all feel richer for having known him and are happy in the knowledge that he is now in a much better place which has just got a whole lot louder!

Rest in Peace & thank you Jim.

I used to have a Marshall half-stack when I was playing in bar bands.
I traded it for a micro-stack that I have in the game room with my Fender Strat.

And, I'm already on the waiting list for the mini-fridge...

Bobcat
04-05-2012, 05:41 PM
RIP .... Marshall stacks were front and center at every convention center (ARENA ROCK!!!!!)

as Vikings fan you scared the sh*t out of me( different Jim Marshall_

fund razor
04-05-2012, 06:06 PM
The king of the double 4x10, with slanted top. Goes to 11. Rip.

fund razor
04-05-2012, 06:14 PM
When i was in a metal band, we'd split the marshall stacks for the two guitar players and put one of the half stacks next to me on either side of my kit. Even on huge stages, the guitar players and i would be locked in. :)

Bobcat
04-05-2012, 06:27 PM
When I was trying to be a bass player /lead singer our drummer and lead (only)guitarist would fight over who was being too loud....

Buoy
04-05-2012, 06:49 PM
When I was trying to be a bass player /lead singer our drummer and lead (only)guitarist would fight over who was being too loud....

That's strange... haha.
Every band I was in either the guitar player(s) or bass player were walking to the amp after each song to turn theirs up just a little. I'm as guilty as the next guy.

Bobcat
04-05-2012, 10:25 PM
That and my inability to sing anything other than Sinatra ruined my dreams of being a rock star....I had the hair for it though.

Buoy
04-05-2012, 10:32 PM

I still have my Westone Dynasty, which was my first "real" guitar after the Sears guitar I bought from an old man on the East Side (Oak st.) for $28 when I was 12.

Bobcat
04-10-2012, 06:23 PM
In Honor of Jim Marshall’s Passing, Try The Marshall Fridge [VIDEO]
doc profile pic By: Doc Watson | 5 days ago

As news of guitar amplifier creator Jim Marshall’s passing came today, I found this product that bears his name. The Marshall Fridge is a mini refrigerator with 4.4 cubic feet of space. Nothing special about that, but the exterior looks exactly like the legendary Marshall amp that helped create the sound of rock n’ roll we’ve known for decades.

Check out Marshall Fridge | The coolest icon in music just got cooler. (http://marshallfridge.com/) It does have authentic Marshall signature logos and control knobs that go to 11! Does it make sense to say rest in peace to the Father of Loud?

rschap1
04-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Mini stack I had seen before...the fridge:)that was new:):)