PDA

View Full Version : south haven

CruiserJohn
02-27-2012, 12:58 PM
for those of you who have been to south haven.. whats the best marina to transient at? we are planning a weekend trip w the kids to blueberry fest. thanks for your help

teamsynergy
02-27-2012, 02:10 PM
The South Side Municipal
269-637-3171

redhotsommer
02-27-2012, 02:16 PM
And make SURE you get your reservations EARLY...they open up in April. Harbor Fest and Blueberry Fest fill up FAST.

CruiserJohn
02-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks guys! Will have to check out harbor fest.

redhotsommer
02-27-2012, 05:15 PM
We ALL go to Harbor Fest. In fact, I think its fairly safe to say that we generally have a pretty good time, as well.

Ratickle
02-27-2012, 05:23 PM
We ALL go to Harbor Fest. In fact, I think its fairly safe to say that we generally are told have a pretty good time, (we have a hard time remembering everything), as well.

Fixed it for you....

ICDEDPPL
02-27-2012, 08:03 PM
I love NEW HAVEN!

When is Blueberry fest?

redhotsommer
02-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Harbor Fest is June.
Blueberry Fest is August.

http://blueberryfestival.com/

CruiserJohn
02-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Dan we are going to reserve slips for Blueberry fest. If you want one, let us know, that goes for any of you.

ICDEDPPL
02-28-2012, 04:24 PM
You sure like to plan ahead Cruiser John.
You going there by boat?
Is Ryan towing you there with his new Excursion?

I`m finalizing my recipes for the Blueberry bake off now!

CruiserJohn
02-28-2012, 04:33 PM
yes i do like to plan ahead! we have our whole summer planned out! i will post a calendar on the back of the boat when to not come into the cabin! lol we planned on having your truck pull both of our boats... it should be able to handle it right?

ICDEDPPL
02-28-2012, 09:04 PM
oh yeah a boat caravan, I like it!, I`ll might have to get a TORNADO for my intake.. you know for the extra horsepower

Ratickle
02-29-2012, 08:49 PM
You don't need that. Just put colored LED's underneath and drive at night.

Incredible performance boost....

ICDEDPPL
02-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Good call, also some stickers for more POWER!

redhotsommer
02-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Stickers make me faster...I don't know what your problem is.

MILD THUNDER
03-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Stickers make me faster...I don't know what your problem is.

I know my dually felt peppier after adding some racing stickers on the back window, and a "Chief Engines" decal on the tailgate.

Ratickle
03-02-2012, 11:03 AM
This usually adds a lot of pep......

redhotsommer
04-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Yo Hosers!!!

Marcy is taking a break from signing all you lazy asses up, so you are on your own for this year. RESERVATIONS OPEN NEXT MONDAY!!!!!! Be ready to dial the phone....269-637-3171. Dates for Harborfest are June 14-17. Here's the site: Home Page (http://www.southhavenharborfest.com/index.htm).

We will most likely be heading up on Friday morning.

Ratickle
04-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Here's another link to the towns website.....

South Haven Visitors Bureau (http://www.southhaven.org/)

redhotsommer
04-12-2012, 11:31 AM

redhotsommer
04-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Sign up online NOW if ya want: Michigan DNR :: Your Reservation system for outdoor fun (http://www.midnrreservations.com/Default.aspx)

ICDEDPPL
04-13-2012, 12:01 AM
so whats harbor fest>

redhotsommer
04-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Harbor Fest, as far as the city of South Haven is concerned, is an annual festival including a craft show, live music, pancake breakfasts, dragon boat racing, and general harbortown goodness.

In OUR case, it has proven to be sooooo much more. The bad influence Michigan crew has been hitting up the fest for year now, but I think its been about 5 years since we've been showing up in increasing numbers and badly influencing the marina. The south side marina is basically festival-central...the dragon boat races start there, the music, food and craft show are right there...and the bars are about 1/2 mile walk away (even BZ does it). We usually roll into town Thursday night or Friday, head to the beach on Friday for some cocktails, then back to the marina to clean up and hit the town. Captain Lou's is usually the bar of choice where we all end up. It is usually awesome. Saturday we recover from our hangovers, fire up the boats, and run north to Saugatuck for lunch and some more alcohol. We then run back to SH and repeat Friday night's performance, but with increased vigor.

Over the years, we've been hit by HUGE thunderstorms, encountered big waves (busted windshields for BZ and Big Den), given a (now-defunct) late night taco joint the best night its ever had ("I want ONE HUNDRED TACOS." -Jeff Parello), eaten delicious late night hot dogs (Brian Bobb- "How much is it? Hot Dog Guy "$4." BB, handing him a $20 "Here, keep the change." AndyB "HEY...that was MY money!"), rang the bell at Captain Lou's signifying buying the whole joint a shot, fallen asleep on random car hoods (Brian Bobb), dropping trou and running down the street after a pedal-taxi (Brian Miller), gotten yelled at for standing on the roof of Mild Thunder's dually, had the police called to the marina a couple times for stereo-related reasons, watched Fast Eddie's former girlfriend swim in the muddy waters and then puke over the side of Little D's Scarab, and other fun stuff. Oh yeah...and BZ may/may not have kissed a dude.

You should probably definately come.

OBNOXUS
04-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Oh yeah,,,,,and the festival,,,,,, 20 feet from the boats,,,, we have NEVER been to !!!!!!!

MILD THUNDER
04-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Oh yeah,,,,,and the festival,,,,,, 20 feet from the boats,,,, we have NEVER been to !!!!!!!

Speak for yourself buddy! 2010 I believe Ryan and I went to the fest for elephant ears!

MILD THUNDER
04-13-2012, 02:31 PM
:03:

MILD THUNDER
04-13-2012, 03:02 PM
While not during the harbor fest, but a random south haven weekend......

Magic Medicine and I were walking after the bars had closed, heading back to the boats. We hitched a ride on one of those pedal taxi's, or whatever you call those Chariot style units, with some random people. Next thing we knew, we were being hauled down the lonely deserted streets of South haven. I recall thinking "this is really a long ride, and not the way back to the boats". Next thing we knew we were sitting in the back yard of someones beach house. After Magic Medicine and I looked at each other, thinking this is weird, a few minutes go by. Then, I realize we are sitting in a circle of about 6-8 people, that the guy who was the chariot operator(whom i didnt even know joined this party), is now playing the UKULELE, and singing some sort of Third eye blind song, and everyone else is enjoying a few puff's of the peace pipe. When the chariot guy finished his ukulele performance ,everyone was applauding him, while Andy and I just looked at him, like "did that just happen?" I then realized, I do not know these people, I do not know where I am, and how I got there, but finding my way back is probably a good idea. Im not up for rape situations! I ended up having to walk like 2-3 miles hoping i was heading the right way at 3am. I found the harbor, and oddly enough, Magic Medicine showed up about 15 minutes later. Why we didnt leave together, I don't know. looking back on that, I should have commandeered the pedal Chariot that was parked outside in the driveway, and rode that unit back to the harbor.

B.Z.
04-13-2012, 06:23 PM
South Haven...the town while you are there you can't see to remember being there.....HEY LOOK EVERYBODY BUTCHY MADE IT.....

teamsynergy
04-14-2012, 06:28 AM
Must be something in the air there...

ICDEDPPL
04-14-2012, 10:06 AM
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/attachments/chicago-powerboat-club/73328d1334317887-south-haven-southhaven.jpg

Wow Mike not many people know how they are going to look as they age, you know exactly what you`ll look like!

redhotsommer
04-14-2012, 11:22 AM
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/attachments/chicago-powerboat-club/73328d1334317887-south-haven-southhaven.jpg

Wow Mike not many people know how they are going to look as they age, you know exactly what you`ll look like!

I know. I look just like my mom.

OBNOXUS
04-14-2012, 02:19 PM
the weather Mike speaks of !!!

Magic Medicine
04-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Looks like slips are booked up already.

redhotsommer
04-14-2012, 08:08 PM
On the DNR site, they said contact the marina if you can't register online. I think the marina reserves a few slips itself...I'd make the call on Monday.

teamsynergy
04-14-2012, 08:54 PM
That site reminded me of calculus.... Had to start plugging in a sorts on different numbers outside of the norm to get it to work. They think I have a 852' wellcraft scarab with a 2' draft lol

Btw, uncle mike, thanks for letting me borrow your credit card number.... I owe you...sort of...

Magic Medicine
04-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Got a slip, smaller slips are sold out. I told them I had a 38' hmm that has a nice ring too it.

Game on !!!

B.Z.
04-17-2012, 08:49 AM
O.K. anybody get a count of how many boats will be running on Saturday????

redhotsommer
04-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Math is hard.

ICDEDPPL
04-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Todd knows Calculus..

teamsynergy
04-17-2012, 10:04 AM
y=-x^2+b^2

Y =Andy :kiss:

Starts like this.... but ends like this lol...

paulb32
04-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Ok bitches Im in too. This web thing is crap. After talking to 3 people whom didn't know the system yet and couldn't hlep with South anyway, and making back up res for the North side (8 blocks walk by the way), I found slips on the web. I just pretended my 36 ft Baja was a Fountain and put 42 ft in, wala! 4 slips available (3 now). A "Type 4" is a actual slip, versus "Broadside" is against a wall. So I'm in a 45 ft slip Fri and Sat nights.

ICDEDPPL
04-17-2012, 03:59 PM
LOLS AT SONIC TODD!

Kool-Aid Man
04-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Speak for yourself buddy! 2010 I believe Ryan and I went to the fest for elephant ears!

wheelchair........

Kool-Aid Man
04-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Mikey

To bad to did have a picture of me spread eagle on the hood of that passed out when you and Michelle found me

OBNOXUS
04-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Ok bitches Im in too. This web thing is crap..

Dont worry,,,,,I hear this internet thing is just a fad,,,,,It wont last !!!!

redhotsommer
04-17-2012, 09:27 PM
It was kinda rough on us carrying your ass back to the condo. The conversation was priceless, though.

Me: "Hey look....there's people laying on the hood of that car."
Michelle: "That's not people...its a PERSON."
Me: "Holy CRAP! It's BBobb! Brian, do you know where you are?"
BBobb: "Not a clue, man."
Me: "Do you know whose car this is?"
BBobb: "Nope."
Me: "Do you know how to get back to your condo?"
BBobb: "Nope."
Michelle: "We should get him back..."
Me: "Carry him? You gotta be crazy!"

Exhilaration
04-18-2012, 01:17 AM
73385 I've never had any fun there,,,,, but I heard some people did!!!

teamsynergy
04-18-2012, 07:37 AM

Looks like a party!!!

OBNOXUS
04-18-2012, 10:21 PM
we ARE all smiling !!!!!

B.Z.
04-19-2012, 06:08 PM
we ARE all smiling !!!!!

I think the girls are drunk..has to be the only reason

paulb32
04-19-2012, 09:30 PM

Well actually it's really what happened NEXT that the story books wrote... So I hear....

redhotsommer
04-20-2012, 07:00 AM
Well actually it's really what happened NEXT that the story books wrote... So I hear....

Yup. NEXT....we went out to dinner at the Idler. It was very nice.

paulb32
05-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Can't make the trip now. Going to be in Vegas for trade show prior sun through this sat. I have a 45ft slip on south side reserved if someone wants it. We'll figure out how to do the swap, have to do it on line I think.

redhotsommer
05-12-2012, 11:51 AM
I just called your workplace and had them remove you from the scheduled tradeshow...but you might want to call them and make sure you still have a job.
Anyways...you are good to go for South Haven.

Ratickle
05-12-2012, 12:55 PM
I just called your workplace and had them remove you from the scheduled tradeshow...but you might want to call them and make sure you still have a job.

SOunds like he's good to go either way. Either job with no show requirements, or no job.....:sifone:

paulb32
05-12-2012, 03:29 PM

I fly out of vegas like 6:45 am and land about 11am sat here. You guys would just be waking up about then I suppose, except you mike. maybe you'd sleep til 7 on a late day. I'd like to drive out but we don't have a sitter for Allie and dog. We'll see when time gets closer.
Either way I can provide a slip to someone for sure.

ICDEDPPL
05-12-2012, 10:14 PM
I like having two slips, you know incase I don`t like my neighbors.

teamsynergy
05-13-2012, 07:18 AM
Dan, the chances of you not liking your neighbors are 1 in 10....

MILD THUNDER
05-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Dan, the chances of you not liking your neighbors are 1 in 10....

Now, the chances of his neighbors not liking him, are 9-10.

OBNOXUS
05-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Can't make the trip now. Going to be in Vegas for trade show prior sun through this sat. I have a 45ft slip on south side reserved if someone wants it. We'll figure out how to do the swap, have to do it on line I think.

Ill just take your boat over for ya Paul.

I have expierience with 36 Outlaws !!!! LOL

Cig Flat Deck
06-12-2012, 06:55 AM
For any of you kids going to South Haven this weekend keep in mind the water level is down. Watch when you are at the launch it is a little shorter now. I went off the end in two different ramps but no damage. Just a heads up.

teamsynergy
06-12-2012, 06:59 AM
For any of you kids going to South Haven this weekend keep in mind the water level is down. Watch when you are at the launch it is a little shorter now. I went off the end in two different ramps but no damage. Just a heads up.

Are you going to make it this weekend?

redhotsommer
06-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Thanks Ryan. Hope to see you AND Joe up there...

Cig Flat Deck
06-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Yep sure am!!!! The boat is already up there and i will be there Thursday through sunday

teamsynergy
06-12-2012, 12:07 PM
**All upcoming South Haven Participants**
I will be arriving on Friday afternoon to put the boat in and will be staying all weekend. Amy, Lex, and Karen will be getting back home Friday evening. As it stands now, They all will be coming up to South Haven on Saturday AM. Here's the twist, Amy and her mom most likely wont be staying unless her mom feels up to it. I don't blame her if she doesn't. However, Alexis will be there with me all weekend. Its her birthday on monday, June 18th and I am going to put a little surprise party together for her and would like to invite our boating friends to celebrate her turning 13. It wont be a huge party just a little surprise for her and hopefully and surprise party for her winning nationals too in Maryland. I plan on bringing cupcakes and other sugar filled sweets... let me know if you are interested in coming... I will most likely have it in the little office area at the marina... still working out the details...

For those of you who dont know, Amy and Lex flew to Maryland on this past Saturday so Lex could compete in the National History Day national competition. Amy also had her mom fly out from Vancouver, BC. Just prior to flying out, her mom started seeing double and wasn't feeling well, however, she went anyway. During her flight to Maryland, her conditions worsened and paramedics had to be called to the landing gate at the airport. Long story short, my mother in law suffered from a mild stroke. She had a blood clot move through her body and rest upon her brain stem causing the double vision and other issues. She has now since been discharged but is unable to fly home. So, my wife and daughter will be driving instead of flying home on friday along with my mother in law. On the flip side, my daughter believes she aced her presentation but we wont know how she did till thursday...

SC288
06-12-2012, 04:28 PM

Ryan....how is the water depth from the launch going out of the harbor? Anything to be careful of?

Does anyone have a map or directions on how in the hell to get to the launch ramp....the last time I was there was around 4 years ago and I don't remember much of that weekend....LOL :p I remember going through downtown South Haven and then a left and a right and so on....

Cig Flat Deck
06-12-2012, 07:47 PM
The river was all good otherwise I didn't hit anything. Give me a call and i will get you to the launch.

Ratickle
06-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Wow Todd, what an event to go through. Good luck on everything, best wishes and prayers....

teamsynergy
06-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Wow Todd, what an event to go through. Good luck on everything, best wishes and prayers....

Thanks... its has been an interesting last few days...

teamsynergy
06-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Ryan....how is the water depth from the launch going out of the harbor? Anything to be careful of?

Does anyone have a map or directions on how in the hell to get to the launch ramp....the last time I was there was around 4 years ago and I don't remember much of that weekend....LOL :p I remember going through downtown South Haven and then a left and a right and so on....

Mike,
When are you rolling in? If you can time it right, you can follow me in...

OBNOXUS
06-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Todd, we will be there early,,,,,call me on your way in Ill give you a hand.

Hope she is doing well

teamsynergy
06-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Todd, we will be there early,,,,,call me on your way in Ill give you a hand.

Hope she is doing well

She is having up's and down's at this point. Amy and her mom won't be staying unless something drastically changes. Send me your number, I don't think I have it.

redhotsommer
06-13-2012, 10:34 AM
That launch ramp is gonna see quite a parade on Friday! :)

Ratickle
06-13-2012, 10:35 AM
That launch ramp is gonna see quite a parade on Friday! :)

What time does it start????

Ratickle
06-13-2012, 10:36 AM

I assume you are launching at Black River Park?????

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/ptrose/Misc%20and%20Personal%20Boats/BlackRiverPark.jpg

http://www.south-haven.com/pages/marinas/Black_River_Park_Marina_map.pdf

Municipal Marinas (http://www.south-haven.com/pages/marinas/marinas.html)

Ratickle
06-13-2012, 11:03 AM
There is one situation I hope you guys take care of this year....

When you go to the Harborfest photo gallery, there is not one single picture of a Bad Influence Offshore member. It is so disappointing:(.....

Photo Album (http://www.southhavenharborfest.com/Photo_Album.html)

OBNOXUS
06-13-2012, 11:08 AM
we talked of putting together a rowing team last year,,,,,, ran into two hurdles.

1) One of our members has to much,,,,how should we say,,,,BALLAST !!!

2) We didnt think they would take kindly to us running what im sure would have been a rather large, rather loud and very overcompensating motor on the back of the boat !!!!!

MILD THUNDER
06-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Got the boat out yesterday for a test run. All went well. Did find that I will need to add some jet, as the engines were lean. Hatches are getting painted hopefully as i type.

However, as most of you know work for me has been lackluster the past several months. I anticipated not having work the latter part of this week, but instead its turned around, and 12 hour days. I dont know if I will be able to finish up the little odds and ends on the boat by the weekend.

If in fact I have work friday, I just cant turn that down. So, Ill be playin it by year.

Todd, best wishes for Amys mom.

SC288
06-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the Map Ratickle!!!

teamsynergy
06-14-2012, 12:07 AM
Got the boat out yesterday for a test run. All went well. Did find that I will need to add some jet, as the engines were lean. Hatches are getting painted hopefully as i type.

However, as most of you know work for me has been lackluster the past several months. I anticipated not having work the latter part of this week, but instead its turned around, and 12 hour days. I dont know if I will be able to finish up the little odds and ends on the boat by the weekend.

If in fact I have work friday, I just cant turn that down. So, Ill be playin it by year.

Todd, best wishes for Amys mom.

Thanks Joe... It has been a very long week. I am sooooo looking forward to friday night. I am bringing a special blend for the group to enjoy... and for me too lol Hope you can make it!

teamsynergy
06-14-2012, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the Map Ratickle!!!

Med Mike.... what time you rollin' out friday?

ICDEDPPL
06-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Joe Fountain you should play it by ear.. the year may take too long..

redhotsommer
06-14-2012, 07:11 AM
The red hot sommer will be rolling by 11am Chitown time tomorrow. I will be filling up with fuel at the Wal-Mart in SH. Then I will be filling myself up with alcoholic libations as soon as the lines are tied to the dock.

B.Z.
06-14-2012, 09:37 PM

great....Hey did anybody see there is a boat parade at 6 pm Friday?????

redhotsommer
06-15-2012, 09:06 AM
We are doing well so far...1 guy there...1 trip to the emergency room. Poor Ryan. Trailer punched him in the face.

Ratickle
06-16-2012, 12:11 AM
Hate it when that happens. One almost took the end of my finger way back when.......