PDA

View Full Version : Bud's Gun Shop

fund razor
01-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Anybody have any personal experience? They have what looks like good inventory and good prices, and ship to your local FFL. But some reviews say they are the best, and some say they suck. I know we have some shooters here, anybody been down this road? The way that the internet is manipulated to suit agendas makes me wonder whether they are controlling their own spin, or whether some competitor or ex best friend is trying to throw them under the Great Busload of Horsechit. They have a couple of things that I am interested in. Thanks.

C35
01-29-2012, 09:31 AM
if you want it now your best bet is a local shop. if you want a deal and are willing to take less service, theyre ok. they sell a bunch on gunbroker and have good feedback. if you don't know what youre buying or dont like what ya bought theyre not gonna do much for you. alot of these online guys advertise stuff and get it when they get orders.. keeps inventory low and the gun costs you less.

what are you looking for?

theres a place called cdnn-- they do alot of closeouts and sell a bunch of police tradeins. good people but they have they have and not whats new and hot. sometimes maybe- hit and miss

fund razor
01-29-2012, 12:26 PM
I have a good local shop. but limited inventory and I can't always be there when the truck comes. I have been looking for something roughly the shape of a 1911, with an ambidextrous safety but in 22LR for range. Looking at Sig Sauer Mosquito and ran across Buds. They have them at Gander Mountain near my house (a second local resource for me). I just ran across this place and wondered if anybody had used them. Thanks.

Ratickle
01-29-2012, 09:16 PM
That changeover option to the 1911 in 22LR looks interestig. Is that something anyone on here has used for target practice? And if so, once it's dialed in, does the gun shoot the same with either caliber?

C35
01-30-2012, 10:11 AM
colts dont shoot that hot to begin with. the 22 isnt gonna be nearly as accurate as something like a $300 ruger. ruger is now makin a 22 with the colt 45 grip.

Ratickle
01-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Friend up here shoots a 1911 Kimber in competition. He says nothing else is worth a crap of the 1911's without major modifications.....

Wrinkleface
01-30-2012, 11:11 PM
John, I live about a mile from Guns Galore here in Fenton! they have been around for years!! have talked w/ alot of people that deal there!!! pretty good feedback in general!! good luck!

fund razor
01-31-2012, 07:22 AM
Thanks Tracy. I have two local shops. One family owned (kinda small) and one Gander Mountain, (kinda limited brands and models and always busy). Guns Galore would be a place I could check out on a long lunch.

C35
01-31-2012, 10:06 AM
gander is usually ridiculous on price

fund razor
01-31-2012, 10:57 AM
gander is usually ridiculous on price That too.

endeavor1
02-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Friend up here shoots a 1911 Kimber in competition. He says nothing else is worth a crap of the 1911's without major modifications.....

Best gun i ever owned IMO was a kimber comp .45. Sure would like another :hurray:

Ratickle
02-06-2012, 04:28 PM
You still shoot???

endeavor1
02-07-2012, 10:24 AM
You still shoot???

Seldom if ever. I used to shoot pistols activley and some sporting clays. Now its just random and to knock the rust from the barrels.

Ratickle
02-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Same here. I keep saying I've got to start practicing again. There's nothing like blowing the crap out of something to relax you.....

endeavor1
02-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Same here. I keep saying I've got to start practicing again. There's nothing like blowing the crap out of something to relax you.....

Exactly. I like taking my AR15 to my fathers farm and shooting. You should try frog hunting. Use a large caliber weapon and let the fun begin!!!! :biggrinjester:

Ratickle
02-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Are any of you guys watching this one????

http://auction.notjustguns.com/items.cfm?auction=2453

fund razor
12-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Bud's Gun Shop Update:
I did not buy a .22 from them, but did end up using Bud's for a recent Christmas-to-me present. I can say this: they didn't screw around.
It is the busy season, and the time from order to processing was a couple of hours, and within 4 hours I had an email saying the order was in shipping.
Total time elapsed from order to delivery at my friendly local FFL, 72 hours.

Great price, no shipping/handling fee, no tax. They even had my FFL shop on a pull-down menu.

I would buy from there again. In fact, it's just too easy. I see my collection growing. :)

Ratickle
12-06-2012, 10:42 PM
We'll have to review that one of these days....

fund razor
12-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Well, that post was two weeks ago. It is a completely different gun market than it was two weeks ago.
It was interesting to watch. Some guns had gotten scarce after the election. Ammo started going out of stock too.
By 12/3, you couldn't get cheap ammo for certain rifles.
By 12/20... you couldn't get ANY ammo for certain rifles.

We shall see what happens when the reaction settles and Christmas is over. When 12/21 is behind us, and people are broke from Christmas and moving all their cash into ammo it should settle down. It was amazing to watch. Most of the big gun and ammo stores online are either closed, out of stock, temporarily suspended, or rationing. Some say that they will restock, some say they are backordered way into 2013, and some say they will no longer be stocking it. HUGE online gun shop CDNN:
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
DUE TO A SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN SALES VOLUME, WE HAVE BEEN FORCED TO TEMPORARILY SUSPEND ONLINE ORDERS. ORDERS ALREADY PLACED MAY TAKE 5-8 DAYS TO PROCESS. MAGAZINE QUANTITIES ARE VERY LIMITED & PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME!

Unfortunately there will be some orders that cannot be fulfilled due to inventory shortages. We Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are doing our best to fill all orders that we can.

fund razor
12-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Midway USA was allowing one box of certain ammo per order earlier this week. They are probably done now, too.

Ratickle
12-22-2012, 08:07 AM
Amazing what the government can do to a market, business, or a civil right, in just a couple of days.....

Bobcat
12-22-2012, 09:10 AM
4,000 people a day are joining the NRA after the liberal media's assault on firearms.

Bobcat
12-22-2012, 10:10 AM
I just checked that again, it is 8,000 a day.

Ratickle
12-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Hopefully hysteria will end, and some common sense will take over to help protect our kids while they are in school. The shooter in Clackamas Oregon shot himself when another shopper pulled his Glock and was looking for an open shot. I think these types of scum just want to kill themselves, but they want to be remembered.

If we can't protect our kids in school from an armed 20 year old kid, then how do we protect them from terroists like the ones who took down the World Trade Centers, or domestic ones like the ones in Oklahoma? It is not all that difficult in my mind.