PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami of trash Headed to California.

Bobcat
10-24-2011, 06:03 PM
http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AmTXy4_Ah5PBj_QHAT6T5IWbvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTQ1NHYwN2U0BGEDMTExMDI0IG5ld3Mg YmxvZyB0c3VuYW1pIGRlYnJpcyB0BGNwb3MDMQRnA2lkLTcyMjMyOARpbnRsA3VzBGl0YwMwBHB rZ3QDMQRwa2d2AzE3BHBvcwMyBHNlYwN0ZC1mZWF0BHNsawN0aXRsZQR0ZXN0AzcwMQR3b2UDMT I3NzIwODU-/SIG=13nda7nbg/EXP=1319580092/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/20-million-tons-debris-japan-tsunami-moving-toward-143640503.html

Buoy
10-24-2011, 06:28 PM
CA already is full of trash...

Although, I'm thinking there has got to be a money making salvage deal in this somewhere.:)

clayinaustin
10-24-2011, 07:31 PM
There's got to be more than a few "project boats" in that mess! :D

Tony
10-24-2011, 07:41 PM
CA already is full of trash...

Although, I'm thinking there has got to be a money making salvage deal in this somewhere.:)

By the time you buy all the state/federal/local permits and go through all the liscencing/ training/ waiting periods that the state will invent in order to be a salver of said floating Japaneese junk, then pay all the new taxes invented on revenue earned of of said junk you would probably have more financial success investing in Enron.

old377guy
10-24-2011, 08:00 PM
By the time you buy all the state/federal/local permits and go through all the liscencing/ training/ waiting periods that the state will invent in order to be a salver of said floating Japaneese junk, then pay all the new taxes invented on revenue earned of of said junk you would probably have more financial success investing in Enron.

Well said sir

Buoy
10-24-2011, 08:27 PM

Drag the Cig out here, And I'll buy the Forrest Gump "Jenny", and we'll start scooping it up while it's still in International waters.
Gives us a chance to pick through it before it gets to shore:sifone:

Ratickle
10-24-2011, 08:32 PM
I think we should start a list of what we are looking for so we only bring back the "Good" stuff....

Ratickle
10-24-2011, 08:32 PM
What do we have? Only two more years to plan????

Ratickle
10-24-2011, 08:33 PM
We could probably save a month by going out of Washington instead of California.....

Buoy
10-24-2011, 08:50 PM
I think we should start a list of what we are looking for so we only bring back the "Good" stuff....

It's kind of like a cross between "American Pickers" and Forrest Gump's box of chocolates...
"you never know what you're gonna get...

We could probably save a month by going out of Washington instead of California.....

Get ahold of that old377 guy:iagree:

Tony
10-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Drag the Cig out here, And I'll buy the Forrest Gump "Jenny", and we'll start scooping it up while it's still in International waters.
Gives us a chance to pick through it before it gets to shore:sifone:

I checked and theres a $900 HIN search and a $200 background check required to obtain a launch ramp permit for the state of California. On top of it all, there's a 6 month waiting period because I'm an english speaking American citizen.

Buoy
10-24-2011, 10:07 PM
I checked and theres a $900 HIN search and a $200 background check required to obtain a launch ramp permit for the state of California. On top of it all, there's a 6 month waiting period because I'm an english speaking American citizen.

HaxURLFn6jU

rschap1
10-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Convince our federal regime that it is a "green" project to save our oceans and our planet..

You won't be able to spend all the stimuli that will flow into your clean up project.
Then say you can squeeze some power and energy out of the trash...it would be like winning the POWERBALL's big cousin.

When you can't even grab as much as a dirty q-tip from the saltwater, and it gives up less than a single btu of energy...just close up the corporation and sail off into the sunset with taxpayer's $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Anyone else need a business plan?
1ST one is free, after that I am going to have to take a cut for me:)

fund razor
10-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Garbage has been coming into California from Asia for many years. The difference is that the garbage is usually packed into a shipping container and unloaded in Long Beach. :)

rschap1
10-26-2011, 07:22 AM
:)

cars, tvs, motorcycles, toasters, well...
just about anything

:)