PDA

View Full Version : 3rd annual barn party Nov 5th

Magic Medicine
10-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Nikki and I are proud to host the 3rd annual farewell to summer party, get ready for winter party. Come one come all. Those of you who have come in the past know the details. Time, Friday the 4th after work till the last guy is standing Saturday night. Plenty of room to sleep, for people not wanting to drive home. Everyone is welcome weather ur a sledder a boater or neither. We had a blast in the past. Bring a dish byob! Couples welcome. The guys and I will be working on sleds sat afternoon.

Hope to see everyone soon.

Nikki and Andy

Ratickle
10-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Do you have pictures from previous parties? Or are your barn parties more like Vegas?????:sifone:

Magic Medicine
10-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Do you have pictures from previous parties? Or are your barn parties more like Vegas?????:sifone:

Not what ur thinking. U perv :party::cheers2:

Ratickle
10-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Not what ur thinking. U perv :party::cheers2:

Just curious what to wear, (like a disguise), if we can make it......:rolleyes:

Magic Medicine
10-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Just curious what to wear, (like a disguise), if we can make it......:rolleyes:

Wear some clothes and you'll be fine. Come on down it a great time:cheers2:

Payton
10-17-2011, 06:46 AM
Sounds like fun Andy!

teamsynergy
10-17-2011, 07:31 AM
By that time, I should have a handful of customer sleds to work on... I will bring those down and use the cheap labor that will be around lol...

redhotsommer
10-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Got it on the calendar!

Magic Medicine
10-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Sounds like fun Andy!

Mark,

Are you guys going to come?

Magic Medicine
10-17-2011, 09:53 AM
By that time, I should have a handful of customer sleds to work on... I will bring those down and use the cheap labor that will be around lol...

You can't afford the labor rate at S&S performance!:03:

MILD THUNDER
10-17-2011, 10:27 AM

Somehow last winter I came for beers and good times, and ended up working on BZ's sled and andy's boat trailer. I dont know how that happened! lol :confused:

BTW, please tell me BZ will be bringing the portable Fireplace again this year for me!

Magic Medicine
10-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Somehow last winter I came for beers and good times, and ended up working on BZ's sled and andy's boat trailer. I dont know how that happened! lol :confused:

BTW, please tell me BZ will be bringing the portable Fireplace again this year for me!

The fireplace is already on site, plus I have 2 new ones. One is similiar to the fireplace and needs assembled, and I have a small industrial space heater. As far as the boat trailer goes, its still broke, Ill fix in next spring. Needs a caliper and master cylinder AGAIN. BZ sleds just needs a LOF and skags changed, as far as my stuff goes, I need to change gear oil in Nikkis and fix
JJ's "should" be pretty simple!!!

BTW, I am pretty sure you still had a good tiime:cheers2::03: Ya ole sailor you!

teamsynergy
10-17-2011, 11:07 AM
You can't afford the labor rate at S&S performance!:03:

True... well, I guess it will just be me then... anyone up for some grass drags? lol

MILD THUNDER
10-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Grass Drags! Yeaaaa. I dont have anything to drag, but watching is fun.

Andy, lets just convert that brake system to elec over hydraulic. Money well spent if your gonna keep it for a while. Surge sucks.

Magic Medicine
10-17-2011, 12:38 PM
True... well, I guess it will just be me then... anyone up for some grass drags? lol

bring your wallet, your not going to beat any of mine!:D:eek:

Magic Medicine
10-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Grass Drags! Yeaaaa. I dont have anything to drag, but watching is fun.

Andy, lets just convert that brake system to elec over hydraulic. Money well spent if your gonna keep it for a while. Surge sucks.

I know you know me though???? Who knows if I get clearance from the tower the little show would be gone tomorrow!:driving:

teamsynergy
10-17-2011, 12:54 PM
bring your wallet, your not going to beat any of mine!:D:eek:

Any of yours??? You have one left and I wouldnt mind a match up on grass vs. snow lol...

Besides... you have 3-4 mph on the top end than I do.. but... lets see who can do the 1/8 mile fastest :)

Twin Whackas
10-17-2011, 12:58 PM
I will be down at Marco Island from 10/30 to 11/7. Everyone have fun.

Magic Medicine
10-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Any of yours??? You have one left and I wouldnt mind a match up on grass vs. snow lol...

Uh that would be 3 and nikkis sled will dominate you on the grass with the
big studs and 1" track!:party:

Magic Medicine
10-17-2011, 01:21 PM
I will be down at Marco Island from 10/30 to 11/7. Everyone have fun.

Have fun!!!:cheers2:

Magic Medicine
10-17-2011, 01:51 PM

Besides... you have 3-4 mph on the top end than I do.. but... lets see who can do the 1/8 mile fastest :)

When ever your ready, I beat you every time last winter holeshot all the way to the big end. Like I said 1" track with big studs are going to help me even more when theres no snow to slow me down. Bring some $$$$ cuz we all know I gunna be REAL fast come December!:lurk5:

teamsynergy
10-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Ha! You remember it how it wasn't, I'll remember it how it really was... Top end, yes, you win... out of the hole... not everytime... traction is key...

Agreed you will be the fastest this winter... as long as your "new" toy get delivered while theres snow on the ground and as long as it stays out of the shop lol...

Magic Medicine
10-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Ha! You remember it how it wasn't, I'll remember it how it really was... Top end, yes, you win... out of the hole... not everytime... traction is key...

Agreed you will be the fastest this winter... as long as your "new" toy get delivered while theres snow on the ground and as long as it stays out of the shop lol...

If its not here before X-mas they can keep it and I'll regroup. You seem to forget my back up sled is a 2010 800R. Now that the Apex is sold I can buy anything I want.

As far as the racing goes, thats not how I remember it. I'll race ya again and beat with Nikki's SLED, I imagine no one is going to want to race me on the new one anyway!:eek::USA:

teamsynergy
10-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Done... we'll line it up anytime... you beat me... good for you... I beat you... well... good for me?? lol

Magic Medicine
10-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Done... we'll line it up anytime... you beat me... good for you... I beat you... well... good for me?? lol

Let me do some clutching on Nikki's, well I don't really need that:03::D:bump:

ICDEDPPL
10-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Whose bringing the guns?

Magic Medicine
10-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Whose bringing the guns?

I have plenty of guns but none at the party. Call me for details on that, don't want to post online. Hope you and Erika come out

redhotsommer
10-17-2011, 03:14 PM
I'll race ya Andy. Only it will be a full day race. With all the times you have to stop and piss and smoke, I'll be about 20 miles in front of you, no matter HOW fast your sled is. ;)

Magic Medicine
10-17-2011, 03:52 PM
I'll race ya Andy. Only it will be a full day race. With all the times you have to stop and piss and smoke, I'll be about 20 miles in front of you, no matter HOW fast your sled is. ;)

No problem, first fuel stop I'll make sure you line up at the diesel pump.:huh:

Magic Medicine
10-17-2011, 04:01 PM

No problem, first fuel stop I'll make sure you line up at the diesel pump.:huh:

Almost forgot you have to stop and eat at least 3 squares a day, so I not thinking this challenge is THAT great, if it means beating the great runner/peddle biker, I will only smoke at meal stops and Ill piss my pants if I need too:banghead::beatdeadhorse5::puke:

ICDEDPPL
10-17-2011, 05:03 PM
I have plenty of guns but none at the party. Call me for details on that, don't want to post online. Hope you and Erika come out

I just wanted to see if you needed some firewood cut thats all :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFSgk5gm97g

redhotsommer
10-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Almost forgot you have to stop and eat at least 3 squares a day, so I not thinking this challenge is THAT great, if it means beating the great runner/peddle biker, I will only smoke at meal stops and Ill piss my pants if I need too:banghead::beatdeadhorse5::puke:

Watching you freeze to the seat after you piss yourself might just be worth it. :p

Ratickle
10-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Watching you freeze to the seat after you piss yourself might just be worth it. :p

Make sure to get vids of that......:D

Magic Medicine
10-17-2011, 07:26 PM

New sled has a heated seat. :p

Magic Medicine
10-17-2011, 07:38 PM
I just wanted to see if you needed some firewood cut thats all :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFSgk5gm97g

Nice vid. Where was your 4 wheeling YouTube vid taken.

ICDEDPPL
10-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Dads place in the U.P. near Iron Mountain.. Norway.
Its snowmobile trail heaven up there but I have no sled just ATV`s.
Man I could get so lost up there
:ack2:

Magic Medicine
10-17-2011, 09:05 PM

Been through that place numerous times. Looks like a great time.

MILD THUNDER
10-17-2011, 09:28 PM

Used to stay in a Town Called Pembine, Wi. Not far from Iron Mountain. A friend of mines Father used to be partners in the four seasons golf course up there. Awesome Resort. Beautiful area. Too bad the Feds took the place over after the Cicero/Betty scandals came about. :banghead:

B.Z.
10-17-2011, 09:55 PM
I am in I just to change the oil in my sled and drink beer...no order

MILD THUNDER
10-17-2011, 10:05 PM

oil changes are overrated. Going on 13k miles on the cop cars oil and filter. 226k miles and purrs like a kitten. Only had to add one quart since last oil change! Might change it this week though, if i have time. Now if only I can find out why it does a 6k rpm neutral drop when attempting to downshift at full throttle while passing someone, i'd be happy. Damn Ford Trannys are junk. :beatdeadhorse5:

Magic Medicine
10-18-2011, 08:23 AM

Dont forget we need to clean up the trailer!

Magic Medicine
10-18-2011, 08:25 AM
oil changes are overrated. Going on 13k miles on the cop cars oil and filter. 226k miles and purrs like a kitten. Only had to add one quart since last oil change! Might change it this week though, if i have time. Now if only I can find out why it does a 6k rpm neutral drop when attempting to downshift at full throttle while passing someone, i'd be happy. Damn Ford Trannys are junk. :beatdeadhorse5:

I hope your using synethetic oil with those oil change intervals. Just ask GM what happens when you follow the extended drain intervals on mineral oil!

MILD THUNDER
10-18-2011, 09:01 AM
I hope your using synethetic oil with those oil change intervals. Just ask GM what happens when you follow the extended drain intervals on mineral oil!

I dont know what kind of oil is in it. I think autozone brand. Thats the beauty of a beater.

My maintainance schedule on my beater car is better than Ryan's. his 1995 F150 now has 275k miles, and when the lifters start tapping/knocking, he adds a few quarts.

I remember years ago, my sisters friend bought a brand new Pontiac grand prix GTP in 98. She asked me to change her oil for her. So i brought it in the garage, and pulled the drain plug. Out came about a 3/4 of a quart of black sludge. I said wtf, when was the last time you had the oil changed???? She said she NEVER had it changed since new!! the car had like 23k miles on it at the time, and was like 3 years old. I suggested trading it in, but she kept it for a few more years after that. :eek:

ICDEDPPL
10-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Oil is overrated!:sifone:

paulb32
10-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Whose bringing the guns?
Just saw this on my trip the other day. Thought this would make you proud. In a Ferry terminal no less.

Got tons of shi$$ to post on facebook, but China govt blocks it, and youtube too, believe it or not. I'll post a ton this Friday my return.

paulb32
10-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Maybe at the party you boys can conger up something to give this a race ...
Yup actually lots of these mini dump trucks running around, and "road legal", or meaning they really don't care.....

paulb32
10-18-2011, 01:16 PM
OR how about moped races WITH the kids.... no helmets of course.... Nobody wears them....
Actually seen 3 (mom, older kid, baby) on 1, and even 3 yr olds standing in the trays up front.....
AND the driving here makes Chicago or NewYork look like Pansie A$$ woosies. There is a HIGH puker factor..

Magic Medicine
10-18-2011, 05:00 PM
I dont know what kind of oil is in it. I think autozone brand. Thats the beauty of a beater.

My maintainance schedule on my beater car is better than Ryan's. his 1995 F150 now has 275k miles, and when the lifters start tapping/knocking, he adds a few quarts.

I remember years ago, my sisters friend bought a brand new Pontiac grand prix GTP in 98. She asked me to change her oil for her. So i brought it in the garage, and pulled the drain plug. Out came about a 3/4 of a quart of black sludge. I said wtf, when was the last time you had the oil changed???? She said she NEVER had it changed since new!! the car had like 23k miles on it at the time, and was like 3 years old. I suggested trading it in, but she kept it for a few more years after that. :eek:

Oil is overrated!:sifone:

You can't fix stupid. As den would say thats job security!

Cig Flat Deck
10-18-2011, 06:05 PM
I have to say my method has worked for me. I buy older trucks, drive the crap out of them, run into thing on purpose, never change the oil, and joey uses them to test spary paint on. The best part they are never in the shop always good runners till the body falls off then they go to the junk yard and i buy another one.

Thats just how i roll baby

ICDEDPPL
10-18-2011, 07:37 PM
OR how about moped races WITH the kids.... no helmets of course.... Nobody wears them....
Actually seen 3 (mom, older kid, baby) on 1, and even 3 yr olds standing in the trays up front.....
AND the driving here makes Chicago or NewYork look like Pansie A$$ woosies. There is a HIGH puker factor..

Usa is too pussified in my opinion.. adults wearing bike helmets just going down the block with their kids makes me laugh.
I don`t own a bike helmet I don`t wear a lamebelt.. errr seatbelt.. and I`m still here.:sifone:

Magic Medicine
10-18-2011, 07:42 PM
I have to say my method has worked for me. I buy older trucks, drive the crap out of them, run into thing on purpose, never change the oil, and joey uses them to test spary paint on. The best part they are never in the shop always good runners till the body falls off then they go to the junk yard and i buy another one.

:rofl: You coming down or what:sifone:

MILD THUNDER
10-18-2011, 08:00 PM

Yes..no fancy 3k dollar injector jobs, 2k dollar egr cooler/oil cooler jobs, injection pumps leaving you stranded Otw to loto.....if the bills over 500.00 bucks junk it! I have less than 4g in the old Chevy dually. Several south haven trips, and other long Tows....8mpg towing with the ac on!

Magic Medicine
10-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Yes..no fancy 3k dollar injector jobs, 2k dollar egr cooler/oil cooler jobs, injection pumps leaving you stranded Otw to loto.....if the bills over 500.00 bucks junk it! I have less than 4g in the old Chevy dually. Several south haven trips, and other long Tows....8mpg towing with the ac on!

Don't hate. How many new Ford trucks have you bought? Mines paid for and running great with 180 k on it.

MILD THUNDER
10-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Don't hate. How many new Ford trucks have you bought? Mines paid for and running great with 180 k on it.

I bought two Brand New Superdutys in 2004. One was a 6.0 King Ranch 4x4, the other was a 5.4L Crew cab lariat 4x4. I bought a used 99 V10 Superduty in 2001. Liked the V10 engine. I only owned the 5.4 Truck for a year. 13mpg empty, 7-8mph towing a 25ft boat. Nice unit, but power was dismal. The 6.0 King Ranch was a nice truck, really liked it other than the few issues I had. Ball Joints all were shot at 60k miles, along with the front locking hubs, and some other thing. That was a 1500 dollar bill if i remember right. Truck went in for blowing coolant out the exhaust while towing. Went in to Westfield Ford the first time, replaced egr cooler. Still did it. Went to Currie ford the second time, replaced EGR cooler, still did it. Went to Ford dealer in indiana, replaced egr cooler and oil cooler. Still did it. Finally, it was out of warranty, problem still there. From day one I suggested that i thought it needed headgaskets, every single service writer came back and said it wasn't, and it was the EGR cooler. However the problem was still there. I could drive 1000 miles, and not use any coolant. Hook a sled trailer or boat to it, and in 300 miles I would go thru a gallon of coolant. Sounds to me like the headgaskets couldnt take the sustained boost pulling a load. Either way, I decided to sell it, and get something i can fix myself. Oh, and A/C crapped out at 40k miles.

Not hating on Fords in particular, cause they all break. Hell, I think our hemi powered Jeep Cherokee overland is a heap too. 45k dollar jeep with many trips to the dealer. The lifetime powertrain deal makes me sleep better at night though..However, as of lately, I'm just not feeling it to walk into a dealer and drop another 50-60k on a pickup truck. Unless they start getting 20mpg towing a boat, I'll stick to a old truck. Even when my 6.0 ran fine, I still could barely get 10mpg towing boat or sled trailer.

I did have a fuel pump crap out on the old dually. While it was a pain to drop the tank, total cost was 40 bucks in parts for a pump and some new fuel line hoses. Granted if i needed a truck for anything other than towing the boat, the 21 year old truck wouldnt be my first choice! Definitly not making any social statements with the red chevy, but I don't give a $hit about that anymore. Its got a/c, cruise, power windows and locks, and a am/fm cassette. What more can a guy want! It is the Silverado package! lol

ICDEDPPL
10-19-2011, 12:38 AM
Hell yeah Joe I say hell yeah!!!:smash:

MILD THUNDER
10-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Usa is too pussified in my opinion.. adults wearing bike helmets just going down the block with their kids makes me laugh.
I don`t own a bike helmet I don`t wear a lamebelt.. errr seatbelt.. and I`m still here.:sifone:

I remember the good old days of sitting on moms lap riding shotgun in the car, nobody thought twice about it. All of my parents friends smoked in the house when they came over
. We used to ride bikes without helmets, knee pads, elbow pads, and chest protectors. Believe it or not we actually were able to get twinkies and cupcakes out of the vending machines in school and drank soda pop!

Think about this. All the dogooders out there who love buying scented candles to sooth them and make the house smell so refreshing.....tests were done that the amount of pollutants in the air inside a church that burned candles all day, were 10x that of the air along a freeway. So next time your worried about your kid getting cancer from some guy smoking a cigarette at a football game, think twice about lighting up that Apple spice candle you bought at bed bath and beyond. Most scented candles are petroleum byproducts. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

redhotsommer
10-19-2011, 06:10 AM

Come for a ride with me sometime, I've got PLENTY of extra bikes. You'll wish you had a helmet. I generally laugh at those that ride my trails without one. You can usually tell a good rider vs. somebody that doesn't have a clue just by that simple a factor. Some of the crap I've seen you wouldn't believe...like a guy riding offroad with a 2 yr old on the handlebars (neither one with a helmet). I've seen enough experienced riders crash and break bones and enough broken helmets to know I'm wearing one. And NO, I don't think it should be a law (it is a law that anyone under 14 has to wear one...not that I ever did when I was a kid)...it should be left to common sense.

Magic Medicine
10-19-2011, 09:01 AM
I remember the good old days of sitting on moms lap riding shotgun in the car, nobody thought twice about it. All of my parents friends smoked in the house when they came over
. We used to ride bikes without helmets, knee pads, elbow pads, and chest protectors. Believe it or not we actually were able to get twinkies and cupcakes out of the vending machines in school and drank soda pop!

Think about this. All the dogooders out there who love buying scented candles to sooth them and make the house smell so refreshing.....tests were done that the amount of pollutants in the air inside a church that burned candles all day, were 10x that of the air along a freeway. So next time your worried about your kid getting cancer from some guy smoking a cigarette at a football game, think twice about lighting up that Apple spice candle you bought at bed bath and beyond. Most scented candles are petroleum byproducts. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Joe, as I appreciate the points you make, I grew up the same way. Parents smoked in house, car etc, I never wore a bike helmet and didn't start wearing my seat belt until just recently. No one can make a comment about a kids safety unless they have one of there own!!!! I dont smoke in the house ever or car when JJ is on board. I think all the parents will agree with me, on this. Something changes when you drive mom and the little bundle of joy home from the hospital. That being said, JJ wears a helmet on his bike and wears a life jacket anytime he is around water. I love my son but Nikki and I are not trying to raise a vegtable! On the other hand he also rides sleds and 4 wheelers. I think we can all agree that I am a CRAZY mother fer! So his motorized activities are what some would deem UNSAFE! I gues to each there own!

Magic Medicine
10-19-2011, 09:03 AM
I bought two Brand New Superdutys in 2004. One was a 6.0 King Ranch 4x4, the other was a 5.4L Crew cab lariat 4x4. I bought a used 99 V10 Superduty in 2001. Liked the V10 engine. I only owned the 5.4 Truck for a year. 13mpg empty, 7-8mph towing a 25ft boat. Nice unit, but power was dismal. The 6.0 King Ranch was a nice truck, really liked it other than the few issues I had. Ball Joints all were shot at 60k miles, along with the front locking hubs, and some other thing. That was a 1500 dollar bill if i remember right. Truck went in for blowing coolant out the exhaust while towing. Went in to Westfield Ford the first time, replaced egr cooler. Still did it. Went to Currie ford the second time, replaced EGR cooler, still did it. Went to Ford dealer in indiana, replaced egr cooler and oil cooler. Still did it. Finally, it was out of warranty, problem still there. From day one I suggested that i thought it needed headgaskets, every single service writer came back and said it wasn't, and it was the EGR cooler. However the problem was still there. I could drive 1000 miles, and not use any coolant. Hook a sled trailer or boat to it, and in 300 miles I would go thru a gallon of coolant. Sounds to me like the headgaskets couldnt take the sustained boost pulling a load. Either way, I decided to sell it, and get something i can fix myself. Oh, and A/C crapped out at 40k miles.

Not hating on Fords in particular, cause they all break. Hell, I think our hemi powered Jeep Cherokee overland is a heap too. 45k dollar jeep with many trips to the dealer. The lifetime powertrain deal makes me sleep better at night though..However, as of lately, I'm just not feeling it to walk into a dealer and drop another 50-60k on a pickup truck. Unless they start getting 20mpg towing a boat, I'll stick to a old truck. Even when my 6.0 ran fine, I still could barely get 10mpg towing boat or sled trailer.

I did have a fuel pump crap out on the old dually. While it was a pain to drop the tank, total cost was 40 bucks in parts for a pump and some new fuel line hoses. Granted if i needed a truck for anything other than towing the boat, the 21 year old truck wouldnt be my first choice! Definitly not making any social statements with the red chevy, but I don't give a $hit about that anymore. Its got a/c, cruise, power windows and locks, and a am/fm cassette. What more can a guy want! It is the Silverado package! lol

New trucks are STUPID expensive, but like my dad always told me ya have to pay to play. Hense why I drive a 04 truck with 180k!

ICDEDPPL
10-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Mike Fountain, thats why I said" going down the block" cause I knew you`d chime in.
Trail riding is a bit different than a flat sidewalk or a driveway doing circles no?

..and we don`t do helmets with the kids either but we do try to stress using two feet is best.. lol:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/videos/th_77aa4156.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/videos/?action=view&current=77aa4156.mp4)

MILD THUNDER
10-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Joe, as I appreciate the points you make, I grew up the same way. Parents smoked in house, car etc, I never wore a bike helmet and didn't start wearing my seat belt until just recently. No one can make a comment about a kids safety unless they have one of there own!!!! I dont smoke in the house ever or car when JJ is on board. I think all the parents will agree with me, on this. Something changes when you drive mom and the little bundle of joy home from the hospital. That being said, JJ wears a helmet on his bike and wears a life jacket anytime he is around water. I love my son but Nikki and I are not trying to raise a vegtable! On the other hand he also rides sleds and 4 wheelers. I think we can all agree that I am a CRAZY mother fer! So his motorized activities are what some would deem UNSAFE! I gues to each there own!

I'm not saying you shouldn't keep your kids safe. Hell, I freak out when my nephew who is 4 years old eats with a real fork and doesn't sit on the chair properly at the dinner table. I couldn't imagine letting him go for a ride on a 120mph outerlimits boat.

I was just saying today is different times. You probably don't see it as much as up this way, with all the soccer moms driving around texting and facebooking while their three year old is strapped in their baby seat while they feel 80mph in traffic is safe. But that's the same girl who will pump her kids full of organic cereals and vitamins, and freak out if little Joshua forgot to put his knee pads on while riding his big wheel. Safety sells. Too bad common sense wasnt available for purchase at Target.

redhotsommer
10-19-2011, 10:50 AM
How 'bout this for some common sense...let's go BOATING! I don't think I've ever seen them forecast 25 footers on the NEAR-SHORE forecast before! F'n water is only 30 feet deep!

LMZ743>745-192130-
CALUMET HARBOR TO GARY-GARY TO BURNS HARBOR-
BURNS HARBOR TO MICHIGAN CITY-
928 AM CDT WED OCT 19 2011

GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM CDT THIS AFTERNOON
STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM CDT THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH
THURSDAY AFTERNOON

REST OF TODAY
NORTHEAST GALES TO 40 KT INCREASING TO STORM FORCE
WINDS TO 50 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. RAIN. WAVES 7 TO 10 FT BUILDING
TO 14 TO 18 FT.

TONIGHT
NORTHEAST STORM FORCE WINDS TO 55 KT BECOMING NORTH. RAIN.
WAVES 20 TO 25 FT.

THURSDAY
NORTH STORM FORCE WINDS TO 50 KT BECOMING NORTHWEST
GALES TO 40 KT. RAIN IN THE MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF SHOWERS
IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES SUBSIDING TO 15 TO 20 FT.

THURSDAY NIGHT
NORTHWEST GALES TO 35 KT DIMINISHING TO 15 TO
25 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES SUBSIDING
TO 8 TO 12 FT.

MILD THUNDER
10-19-2011, 11:32 AM
YIKES! This is getting ridiculous with these wave heights!! Im gonna go hop on the Mountain bike and hit the lakeshore bike trail with my wetsuit!

OBNOXUS
10-19-2011, 05:28 PM
This I gotta see !!!

OBNOXUS
10-19-2011, 05:33 PM
wow

MILD THUNDER
10-19-2011, 06:58 PM
This I gotta see !!!

Cmon Den, me on a mountain bike? Thats a accident just waiting to happen. :p

OBNOXUS
10-19-2011, 07:07 PM
I picture the guy who almost got swept off the walkway a few weeks ago !!!!

MILD THUNDER
10-19-2011, 11:21 PM
I just got back from having to give a buddy a ride to Chesterton, Indiana. His semi truck broke down out there today. Anyhow, they put a ban on tractor trailers on the toll road, from the state line to south bend tonight. Even my car was blowing around quite a bit.

Before I went home, I decided to take a cruise over to 39th st. and the lakefront. Let me tell ya, I couldnt barely even get the car door open. I then walked towards the seawall thru the grassy area, 60mph sustained wind with rain pelting me in the face, stepped right into a puddle of mud a few inches deep, as i really couldnt see with the wind/rain. My new nike's liked that. Went and stood on top of some concrete structure about 100ft from the seawall. It really was something to see. The lake showed no mercy tonight thats for sure. If you fell in you wouldnt last but maybe a minute, topps.

ICDEDPPL
10-19-2011, 11:48 PM
I just got back from having to give a buddy a ride to Chesterton, Indiana. His semi truck broke down out there today. Anyhow, they put a ban on tractor trailers on the toll road, from the state line to south bend tonight. Even my car was blowing around quite a bit.

Before I went home, I decided to take a cruise over to 39th st. and the lakefront. Let me tell ya, I couldnt barely even get the car door open. I then walked towards the seawall thru the grassy area, 60mph sustained wind with rain pelting me in the face, stepped right into a puddle of mud a few inches deep, as i really couldnt see with the wind/rain. My new nike's liked that. Went and stood on top of some concrete structure about 100ft from the seawall. It really was something to see. The lake showed no mercy tonight thats for sure. If you fell in you wouldnt last but maybe a minute, topps.

PICS DAMMIT!!!!

redhotsommer
10-20-2011, 05:25 AM
PICS DAMMIT!!!!

Yeah...some of us want to see your new Nikes!

Ratickle
10-20-2011, 03:38 PM
I guess it didn't get all that bad......:D

MM DD TIME(CDT) WVHTft SwHft SwP sec SwD WWH ft WWP sec WWD STEEPNESS APD sec
10 20 12:00 pm 16.7 10.8 10.0 N 12.5 6.7 N STEEP 7.7
10 20 11:00 am 18.4 0.0 - - 18.4 10.0 N STEEP 7.9
10 20 7:00 am 18.7 0.0 - - 18.7 10.0 N STEEP 7.9
10 20 6:00 am 19.0 0.0 - - 19.0 10.0 N STEEP 7.9
10 20 2:00 am 16.7 0.0 - - 16.7 9.1 N STEEP 7.6
10 20 1:00 am 15.4 0.0 - - 15.4 10.0 N STEEP 7.4
10 20 12:00 am 15.4 0.0 - - 15.4 10.0 N STEEP 7.3
10 19 10:00 pm 15.4 1.3 16.0 NNW 15.4 9.1 N STEEP 7.2
10 19 9:00 pm 15.7 0.0 - - 15.7 9.1 N STEEP 7.2
10 19 8:00 pm 13.1 0.0 - - 13.1 8.3 N STEEP 6.6
10 19 7:00 pm 12.8 0.0 - - 12.8 8.3 N STEEP 6.5
10 19 6:00 pm 12.1 0.0 - - 12.1 7.7 N VERY_STEEP 6.3
10 19 5:00 pm 10.8 0.7 12.1 NE 10.8 7.7 N STEEP 6.0
10 19 4:00 pm 10.8 0.3 12.1 NNW 10.8 7.1 N VERY_STEEP 5.9
10 19 3:00 pm 10.2 0.3 12.9 N 9.8 6.7 N VERY_STEEP 5.7

Magic Medicine
10-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Alright lets get this thing back on track, whos in?
Those who confirmed
Mike and Michele
BZ
Keith and Terri
Todd
Twin Whackas (out of town)

B.Z.
10-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Keith is bringing a date?????

OBNOXUS
10-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Keith is bringing a date?????

Only fair,,,,,you bring Jeff !!!!

MILD THUNDER
10-21-2011, 08:46 PM
I think Ryan will be my date. I may have a new job venture going this winter season, so only that will get into the way of me coming, should something arise.

redhotsommer
10-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Just got both Yamahas home tonight....
I'll most likely be running up to Coloma to grab the Ski-Donkey and bring it back to Andrew's on the day of the party.

All three started...no dead batteries this year. I missed them.

Magic Medicine
10-22-2011, 06:59 AM
I think Ryan will be my date. I may have a new job venture going this winter season, so only that will get into the way of me coming, should something arise.

What kind of job do you have cookin for the winter. I already picked up one job for the plow. My neighbors from the city want me to plow for them.

Magic Medicine
10-22-2011, 07:01 AM
Just got both Yamahas home tonight....
I'll most likely be running up to Coloma to grab the Ski-Donkey and bring it back to Andrew's on the day of the party.

All three started...no dead batteries this year. I missed them.

Waiting to get my new one is KILLING me. I hate Cat already and I haven't even gotten my sled yet. That said I want it hear BAD!!!!:cuss::cuss:

Magic Medicine
10-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Only fair,,,,,you bring Jeff !!!!

Den,

You guys going to swing out

OBNOXUS
10-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Den,

You guys going to swing out

Yup,,,,,I actually think we are going to be able to make it this year for a change !!!!!!

Magic Medicine
10-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Yup,,,,,I actually think we are going to be able to make it this year for a change !!!!!!

:cheers2:

Magic Medicine
10-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Curiuos as to what the folks who are planning to attend would think if we moved the party to the weekend of the 11/11????

Thoughts???

teamsynergy
10-27-2011, 06:57 PM
I could go for sure on the 11/12th...

Payton
10-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Better wear blaze orange. That's opening day.

Ratickle
10-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Somebody hunts in his barn??????:eek:

teamsynergy
10-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Somebody hunts in his barn??????:eek:

Hell yeah!!! We's be huntin' hilljacks!!!

Exhilaration
10-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Hey I could make that!

redhotsommer
10-28-2011, 09:58 AM
I think that might be better for me as well...

OBNOXUS
10-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Only bonus of the 5th is we get an extra hour of sleep !!!!!

B.Z.
10-28-2011, 05:15 PM
I can do either.....

Magic Medicine
10-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Let me talk to Nikki, it was her idea. She didn't want Leo and Terri to miss out

WETTE VETTE
10-28-2011, 09:05 PM
If you do the 11th I may just stop by for a cold one. Heading to Vegas the weekend of the 5th.:cheers2:

Exhilaration
10-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Aww, so sweet!

Magic Medicine
10-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Ok BZ can't do the 12th. What about the 19th????

teamsynergy
10-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Can't do the 19th...

Tony M
10-29-2011, 06:25 PM
I can do the 26th or the 33rd ? by then there will be S N O W !

Magic Medicine
10-29-2011, 08:34 PM
I can do the 26th or the 33rd ? by then there will be S N O W !

I wont have my new ride by then :cuss:

Tony M
10-30-2011, 04:19 AM
I wont have my new ride by then :cuss: WINE ! WINE ! How bout some Cheese ? :03: :willy_nilly: .

OBNOXUS
10-31-2011, 07:13 PM
19th is out for us!

Mrs. OB

Magic Medicine
10-31-2011, 09:33 PM
19th is it. No mo changes. If no one shows I get hammered in the garge by myself and cuss cat for not shipping my new sled.

Tony M
11-01-2011, 04:12 PM
19th is it. No mo changes. If no one shows I get hammered in the garge by myself and cuss cat for not shipping my new sled. So What's New About That ! :toetap05:.

OBNOXUS
11-02-2011, 09:41 PM
I see where we rate! :(

Mrs, OB

redhotsommer
11-03-2011, 10:30 AM
:D It's not you, Cheryl...it's Dennis. Lol.

OBNOXUS
11-03-2011, 10:38 PM
AWWW.....Thanks Mike!

Mrs. OB

Hammer01
11-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Any headcount yet Andy?

Magic Medicine
11-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Nope, BZ and I will be there working on his sled and trailer on saturday.

redhotsommer
11-16-2011, 10:30 AM
I'll be there. I have to run up to Coloma to grab my sled and then I'll be coming to Laporte. What time ya think?

Magic Medicine
11-16-2011, 02:12 PM
I'll be there. I have to run up to Coloma to grab my sled and then I'll be coming to Laporte. What time ya think?

Come as early as you want and stay as late as you want!!!