PDA

View Full Version : Dan GO Pro at your service

ICDEDPPL
10-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Actually gotta give Todd Sonic credit for all the footage this weekend.
Had a great time as always, sunburned in October you can`t beat that.
Me and the Todd stayed at Marina Shores and enjoyed probably the last boating day, boaters was pretty PACKED!

Rich fly by:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSGpTvXIqew

Ricer Fly by attempt (I`m good at those watch your rear view:sifone:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ5td6Ygm5s

BZEEE :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVz85BdVHWY

Outerlimits going at it / Crazy Paul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB6wb1YH5YQ

Mike Fountain crapping his pants: (sorry Mike:bump:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8P6MMfPMXo

Ratickle
10-09-2011, 10:13 PM
That's some really good stuff.......:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Hard to believe it's October in Illinois/Michigan......

MILD THUNDER
10-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Nice videos Dan Baja. Looks like alot of Tom Foolery going on out there.

I heard there may have been more than one broken drive out there this weekend???

paulb32
10-09-2011, 10:33 PM
I heard there may have been more than one broken drive out there this weekend???

Leo had minor carb problem, but the only other thing broken was Rich's pride when Gary flat left him in the mist. Rich was doin 93 when Gary hit it. You had to see that in person to appreciate what those big twin Teague motors can do. Oh and Mike's gas issue... :cheers2:

I'll try to dump some photos shortly.

paulb32
10-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Havn trouble uploading pics. Somthing about a toker ring error. I'll put them all on FB tonight>

Dan (and Todd), Nice Vids!

See you all in a few weeks, China calls.

Ratickle
10-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Havn trouble uploading pics. Somthing about a toker ring error.

???

MILD THUNDER
10-09-2011, 11:41 PM
only other thing broken was Rich's pride when Gary flat left him in the mist. Rich was doin 93 when Gary hit it. You had to see that in person to appreciate what those big twin Teague motors can do. :cheers2:

I think Gary probably felt like Rich when uncle Tom Tom walked past him in his Liberator Cat during the MC races this year. :eek:

redhotsommer
10-10-2011, 06:07 AM
I'll see if I can upload my GoPro vids this evening some time...I've got a good shot of running pretty fast past Andy, and a similar one of Gary walking away from me at 75 or so...

That was just an awesome day. Perfect water, perfect temps...finally got to show some of my mountain-bike friends what I do with myself on the weekends. By the way they said "We have GOT to get a fast boat," I'm guessing they enjoyed it.

Last year, my port side fuel gauge was reading 1/4 tank when I headed back from Michigan City. It went down to "E" just off Boater's Beach...and I made it all the way back to Hammond. This year...same scenario...only it was at 1/4 tank when we left New Buffalo. Hit "E" just after Michigan City, with the stbd tank showing 1/4 to 1/3. Well...a couple miles from Portage, I lost rpm and the port motor started sputtering. I shut it down, and we had to idle for about 45 minutes to get into the ditch. I was on the phone PLEADING with the gas dock at Marina Shores to stay open, which they did. I got there at 5:02, put a couple gallons of 89 octane in there, and made it home safely.

Joe...I ran 81.7 at 5600 rpm. Using ToddSonic's calculator, that's 11.12% slip.

MILD THUNDER
10-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Joe...I ran 81.7 at 5600 rpm. Using ToddSonic's calculator, that's 11.12% slip.

What props did you have on Mike fountain?

redhotsommer
10-10-2011, 07:08 AM
26 Hydros

ICDEDPPL
10-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Nice videos Dan Baja. Looks like alot of Tom Foolery going on out there.

We missed you and Ryan out there Joe!
New rule; no winterizing or pulling motors till after Oct. 15!
I did not hear of any other breakdowns.

paulb32
10-10-2011, 10:34 AM
???

Typo, meant "token ring". I'm also thinking ??????. Maybe files too large, I don't know. I'll try to get something up tonight.

Magic Medicine
10-10-2011, 04:43 PM
I think Gary probably felt like Rich when uncle Tom Tom walked past him in his Liberator Cat during the MC races this year. :eek:

:iamwithstupid: Uncle Tom's boat is STUPID fast:driving:

Magic Medicine
10-10-2011, 04:45 PM
What a great day boating. Nikki and I had a blast!!! Best one for me in a LONG time!

Cig Flat Deck
10-10-2011, 06:12 PM
We missed you and Ryan out there Joe!
New rule; no winterizing or pulling motors till after Oct. 15!
I did not hear of any other breakdowns.

Looks like you boys and girls had a great weekend. I blame joe for me not being there. He sold all my parts and props just so i can try to keep up next year. :driving:

MILD THUNDER
10-10-2011, 06:40 PM
What a great day boating. Nikki and I had a blast!!! Best one for me in a LONG time!

Good for you I say.

Twin Whackas
10-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Would have been cheaper if I had stayed here a broke something than it was for me in Vegas. I think Harrahs will be adding on to their hotel very soon with my losses. Videos are awesome. What great water for October.

MILD THUNDER
10-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Would have been cheaper if I had stayed here a broke something than it was for me in Vegas. I think Harrahs will be adding on to their hotel very soon with my losses. Videos are awesome. What great water for October.

Did ya at least hit up Toby Keith's bar for some meatloaf and mashed potatos? I used to stay at Harrah's quite often.

MILD THUNDER
10-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Looks like you boys and girls had a great weekend. I blame joe for me not being there. He sold all my parts and props just so i can try to keep up next year. :driving:

I am good at buying and selling, mainly when its your stuff!! :cheers2:

redhotsommer
10-10-2011, 08:47 PM

Hey Ryan...Sunday I mountain biked with a dude named Rick Wall. I've known him for a while, but hadn't seen him for a while until Sunday. We were talking about my boat, and he says..."Do you know a guy named Ryan that has a boat like that?" He said you a actually a cool guy to work with...something about leaving work to go to a bar.... Do you know anything about this?

Cig Flat Deck
10-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Oh yeah Rick is good times. He is also a Awesome painter. He doesn't lie

teamsynergy
10-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Is there something wrong with this????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01l8-yMjoYE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ratickle
10-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Yeah, you're supposed to spin it the other way. That's reverse......:sifone:

OBNOXUS
10-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Thats the sound of job security !!!

paulb32
10-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Thats the sound of job security !!! Hmm, sound like words from a true mechanic ...:cheers2:

paulb32
10-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Is there something wrong with this????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01l8-yMjoYE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Seems like more than the input shaft then. It would not turn that easy if only input shaft was broken. Lets see the vid of taking the cap off......
Could be the vertical plus something else in the top end.

teamsynergy
10-11-2011, 02:04 AM
The noise is strictly in the lower. Pulled the upper magnet.... zero metal. Lost the lower for sure. Taking both drives back for work. Doing some upgrades over the winter too.

MILD THUNDER
10-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Arneson conversion Todd.....gain 10mph!

teamsynergy
10-11-2011, 09:24 AM

You gonna float me the cash lol???

ICDEDPPL
10-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Todd it don`t sound that bad..

http://www.airsoftgunslinger.com/images/Rescue-Tape-Self-Sealing-Repair-Tape-RED.jpg

Magic Medicine
10-11-2011, 09:46 AM

That would be a great setup for the beach. He could start doing amputations to off set the cost

You gonna float me the cash lol???

If I had your MONEY, I'd burn mine:bump:

teamsynergy
10-11-2011, 10:06 AM

Whats the going rate for kidney's now days?

Ratickle
10-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Whats the going rate for kidney's now days?

Don't you need to keep both kidneys to help offset some of the possible liver damage????

redhotsommer
10-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Can we just bring back this past weekend? Here is a video that pretty much nails what my week has been like so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S2oymHHyV1M

MILD THUNDER
10-11-2011, 10:51 AM
That would be a great setup for the beach. He could start doing amputations to off set the cost

If I had your MONEY, I'd burn mine:bump:

Can't be much worse than mine. At least Arneson offers a shroud that goes above the prop. Mine are fully exposed with no cavitation plates. Mine scare me cuz most people just see it as a traditional stern drive, and don't notice the cleavers just hanging out in the open waiting to impale someone.

Seeing Todd at 100+ throwing a 30ft high 100ft long rooster is worth a kidney or two!

teamsynergy
10-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Seeing Todd at 100+ throwing a 30ft high 100ft long rooster is worth a kidney or two!

So you're offering to sell one of yours to help me out??? Dude you are the ****!

teamsynergy
10-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Can we just bring back this past weekend? Here is a video that pretty much nails what my week has been like so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S2oymHHyV1M

I'd say that buck HATES bikers... who ever said biking wasnt a contact sport needs to be punched in the face!!!

teamsynergy
10-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Don't you need to keep both kidneys to help offset some of the possible liver damage????

If I drank like Magic Medicine maybe lol...

Magic Medicine
10-11-2011, 01:08 PM
If I drank like Magic Medicine maybe lol...

:icon_bs: I don't drink during the week!

teamsynergy
10-11-2011, 01:14 PM
:icon_bs: I don't drink during the week!

But you make up for it on the weekends lol :cheers2:

MILD THUNDER
10-11-2011, 01:33 PM

Love the shirt!

Magic Medicine
10-11-2011, 04:54 PM

You ever heard the saying those who live in glass house shouldn't throw stones???

Magic Medicine
10-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Love the shirt!

:26: Nikki bought it for me;)

Ratickle
10-11-2011, 04:56 PM

That is an awesome pic........:party::party:

teamsynergy
10-11-2011, 05:46 PM
You ever heard the saying those who live in glass house shouldn't throw stones???

Don't be mad... we all love you most of the time!!! lol:kiss:

teamsynergy
10-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Well, heres the carnage from the broken drive. Turns out the veritcal shaft snapped.. bummer. Well, they are in the hands of AADS (All American Drive Service) for his X mod phase 4 work up... Check it out.. these things should be bullet proof after this...

http://www.allamericandriveservice.com/Hi-Performance.html

B.Z.
10-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Well, heres the carnage from the broken drive. Turns out the veritcal shaft snapped.. bummer. Well, they are in the hands of AADS (All American Drive Service) for his X mod phase 4 work up... Check it out.. these things should be bullet proof after this...

http://www.allamericandriveservice.com/Hi-Performance.html

Bravo's are NEVER bullet proof....LOL

Magic Medicine
10-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Don't be mad... we all love you most of the time!!! lol:kiss:

Hey I was going through a ruff period this summer if it makes everyone feel better about themselves to post pictures of me that make me look like a jag fire away.

teamsynergy
10-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Hey I was going through a ruff period this summer if it makes everyone feel better about themselves to post pictures of me that make me look like a jag fire away.

Because I care and I know... I didn't repost the hot dog pic. :leaving:

teamsynergy
10-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Bravo's are NEVER bullet proof....LOL

Well, while I agree, I will find out lol..

Ratickle
10-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Well, while I agree, I will find out lol..

Do they come with a lifetime warranty?

teamsynergy
10-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Do they come with a lifetime warranty?

He gives me a two year warranty... plus I send him all of my outdrive business from my shop so we barter a bit too...

MILD THUNDER
10-11-2011, 09:33 PM
He gives me a two year warranty... plus I send him all of my outdrive business from my shop so we barter a bit too...

Does he offer a vertical shaft upgrade?

ICDEDPPL
10-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Ouch, well I`m not sure that tape will fix that.
I like that you`re AADS drive tester, if mine stay together for another year I`ll know which one of his products to go with.:D
You gotta love the 2 year warranty otherwise this would have been one expensive year!

MILD THUNDER
10-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Ouch, well I`m not sure that tape will fix that.
I like that you`re AADS drive tester, if mine stay together for another year I`ll know which one of his products to go with.:D
You gotta love the 2 year warranty otherwise this would have been one expensive year!

I agree!

BTW, hope what I was explaining on the phone to you yesterday made sense. I was driving the semi when you called in downtown traffic, so my attention span was all over the place. :driving:

ICDEDPPL
10-12-2011, 12:37 AM
I agree!

BTW, hope what I was explaining on the phone to you yesterday made sense. I was driving the semi when you called in downtown traffic, so my attention span was all over the place. :driving:

You said I needed to check my Flux capacitor to make sure my muffler bearings were not being drained of their life force. I started looking for the turn signal fluid first thou.

MILD THUNDER
10-12-2011, 12:55 AM
You said I needed to check my Flux capacitor to make sure my muffler bearings were not being drained of their life force. I started looking for the turn signal fluid first thou.

Cool. I just wanted to be sure I was clear on all of that! Don't forget to grease the muffler bearings, a good synthetic grease is worth a few HP. Lmao

redhotsommer
10-12-2011, 05:58 AM

lmao.

teamsynergy
10-12-2011, 07:20 AM
Does he offer a vertical shaft upgrade?

Yeah, he makes his own vertical, prop and input shafts. Better than the merc chit....

Ratickle
10-12-2011, 07:34 AM
Yeah, he makes his own vertical, prop and input shafts. Better than the merc chit....

I've never heard of them. How long have you been using their stuff?

teamsynergy
10-12-2011, 07:41 AM
I've never heard of them. How long have you been using their stuff?

I have used him for four years now. It was either him or Mr Gadgets but the 2 year warranty sounded great! So far I am pleased... especially with the HP that we push and considering the first gear failure was the poor quality XR batch and 2 years later was an XZ... I am please. George has taken care of everything at no charge too.

B.Z.
10-12-2011, 09:51 AM

Still a BRAVO case/design....lol

MILD THUNDER
10-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Still a BRAVO case/design....lol

:iamwithstupid:

teamsynergy
10-12-2011, 10:02 AM
We'll see I guess... haters...

BTW, the arneson conversion is 23.5k each... got the official quote today.

MILD THUNDER
10-12-2011, 11:12 AM
We'll see I guess... haters...

BTW, the arneson conversion is 23.5k each... got the official quote today.

Ya, they are not cheap, and no way in hell could I personally afford them!But, i suppose for the right person, they could be a good choice.

Say a guy has a boat with 700HP engines, and he is going thru bravo's every season. He runs 90mph now. He also would like to do 100+, but to get there he would need to upgrade to 900hp per side. Take into consideration what the engine upgrades would cost, and the cost after a few years of replacing numerous bravo's (given he didnt have a strong warranty on his drives).

That guy will probably be at 50k between the engine upgrades, and drive rebuilds, or close to it. Or, bolt the ASD conversion on, probably gain 10mph minimum, keep the more reliable 700HP engines, and hit 100 mph without breaking drives every season.

Of course there is the safety factor of not having a drive let go at 100mph, whether its a snapped shaft, broken gear, or even worse, the gimbal ring snaps off. Priceless.

This can be you Todd..:cheers2:

bxjsIl3F3x8

600sci
10-12-2011, 11:14 AM
speedmaster or arneson is the way to go with big power !

MILD THUNDER
10-12-2011, 11:17 AM
This gets me horny. Before the Arnesons, Kris could snap TRS drives at will.

ziqrK4fYrQU

teamsynergy
10-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Ya, they are not cheap, and no way in hell could I personally afford them!But, i suppose for the right person, they could be a good choice.

Say a guy has a boat with 700HP engines, and he is going thru bravo's every season. He runs 90mph now. He also would like to do 100+, but to get there he would need to upgrade to 900hp per side. Take into consideration what the engine upgrades would cost, and the cost after a few years of replacing numerous bravo's (given he didnt have a strong warranty on his drives).

That guy will probably be at 50k between the engine upgrades, and drive rebuilds, or close to it. Or, bolt the ASD conversion on, probably gain 10mph minimum, keep the more reliable 700HP engines, and hit 100 mph without breaking drives every season.

Of course there is the safety factor of not having a drive let go at 100mph, whether its a snapped shaft, broken gear, or even worse, the gimbal ring snaps off. Priceless.

This can be you Todd..:cheers2:

bxjsIl3F3x8

Yeah, I would like to do them however, the cost factor is a big one. To be honest, my game plan is to get my drives done, pick up a stock spare, and move on. I've even thought about the new sonic 36' with outboards....

MILD THUNDER
10-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Its all good, Im sure you'll be fine. You got a great warranty. Your boat runs great, so in all reality, I wouldnt change a thing.

I do however, wish the back of my boat looked like this one.

Ratickle
10-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Its all good, Im sure you'll be fine. You got a great warranty. Your boat runs great, so in all reality, I wouldnt change a thing.

Somebody would probably cut their foot if you had that.....:sifone:

MILD THUNDER
10-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Somebody would probably cut their foot if you had that.....:sifone:

What else is new lol

Twin Whackas
10-12-2011, 01:06 PM

You don't wish the back of your boat looked like this??:cheers2:

MILD THUNDER
10-12-2011, 01:18 PM
That is nice. Not sure if they would fit under my swim platform. lol

Ratickle
10-12-2011, 01:31 PM
You don't wish the back of your boat looked like this??:cheers2:

I'm sure he doesn't. The slip on those props has got to be tremendous......:eek:

Payton
10-13-2011, 07:20 AM

Three years ago when I had to replace both drives and gimbles The cost was $22k. Insurance paid for that. It would've been cool to make the swap to Arnessons at that time.

ICDEDPPL
10-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Imco surface drive is another more economical choice @ $16K/side.
Still about $15K out of my price range thou:D

http://www.facebook.com/pages/IMCO/167918259909478

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/296287_273479976019972_167918259909478_921307_1854285911_n.jpg

teamsynergy
10-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Imco surface drive is another more economical choice @ $16K/side.
Still about $15K out of my price range thou:D

http://www.facebook.com/pages/IMCO/167918259909478

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/296287_273479976019972_167918259909478_921307_1854285911_n.jpg

thats sexy...

Ratickle
10-14-2011, 09:11 AM
thats sexy...

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Looks so good you should add a third engine just so you can have three......