PDA

View Full Version : Another end of the year get together....

teamsynergy
10-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Well, the indian summer has poked out its head and the forecast is looking great for the weekend. We are heading to portage Saturday AM and will be overnighting there till sunday. Winds are supposed to be 9mph from the south so the lake should be flat. Anyone else besides ICDEDPPL (he is ALWAYS THERE) interested in coming down? I would image a michigan city or new buffalo run could be arranged....

-Todd Sonic

B.Z.
10-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Not sure about the overnight deal but looking ot get out on Sat....

teamsynergy
10-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Sounds good... I think Magic Medicine is coming out too...

redhotsommer
10-04-2011, 12:49 PM
TTing with Big D right now...hoping to get Rich and JOEY on board as well.

Kool-Aid Man
10-04-2011, 02:12 PM

Thanks for thinking of me Mike!!

Magic Medicine
10-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Ill be out for the day on sat!

MILD THUNDER
10-04-2011, 03:43 PM

JOEY!!!!!?????? :eek::hurray:

I will be pontooning on Lake Shafer this weekend. The Fountain is in storage and dissassembled already. Hoping to make a little more noise in 2012!

MILD THUNDER
10-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Sounds good... I think Magic Medicine is coming out too...

Todd Sonic. I think you should put the small pulleys and bigger props on for this run. :toetap05:

Magic Medicine
10-04-2011, 03:51 PM

I will be pontooning on Lake Shafer this weekend. The Fountain is in storage and dissassembled already. Hoping to make a little more noise in 2012!

Should be a good weekend, for that. I am winterizing after burning some gas. I am in winter mode, bought a new sled yesterday and a plow for the truck today! Bring on winter!!!!!

MILD THUNDER
10-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Should be a good weekend, for that. I am winterizing after burning some gas. I am in winter mode, bought a new sled yesterday and a plow for the truck today! Bring on winter!!!!!

Ya old Sailor you!! Puttin a plow on that unit should be nice!

New sled too huh? Which one am I gonna be able to ride this winter and break? We need to give Todd Sonic something to do.

I'll give you a ring later tonight, I'd like to hear about these purchases you are making. :biggrinjester:

teamsynergy
10-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Todd Sonic. I think you should put the small pulleys and bigger props on for this run. :toetap05:

Already on my list of crap to do for the week prior to leaving lol...

OBNOXUS
10-04-2011, 04:49 PM

Time to see if IMCO SC's hold 1200 HP :(

Its not 100%,,,, but ready for a water test,,,,, the poeple that pulled the motors redid the dash AFTER the motors were out,,,,,then another guy took them apart,,,,,then another guy put them together,,,,,,then they were given to me to install and figure out what wiring was used and was not used but not removed in the boat,,,,,,,,so lets just say there are some,,,,,err,,,,issues

Ratickle
10-04-2011, 05:03 PM

Its not 100%,,,, but ready for a water test,,,,, the poeple that pulled the motors redid the dash AFTER the motors were out,,,,,then another guy took them apart,,,,,then another guy put them together,,,,,,then they were given to me to install and figure out what wiring was used and was not used but not removed in the boat,,,,,,,,so lets just say there are some,,,,,err,,,,issues

No problem......

paulb32
10-04-2011, 06:07 PM

You only need oil pressure and tach gauges, and a working kill teather. No wait, those motors will turn 5500+ so just oil pressure......:rofl:

Magic Medicine
10-04-2011, 06:09 PM

New sled too huh? Which one am I gonna be able to ride this winter and break? We need to give Todd Sonic something to do.

I'll give you a ring later tonight, I'd like to hear about these purchases you are making. :biggrinjester:

:eek: You've seen my driveway and you know me, shoveling is NOT an option!!!

paulb32
10-04-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm for something. Seems Sat is the day. Can't get the wife to stay sat night though.
Sun not sure yet. I'm thinking winterize quick too this weekend.

Magic Med, do tell about your purchases. Is one of them ORDERED?

Magic Medicine
10-04-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm for something. Seems Sat is the day. Can't get the wife to stay sat night though.

Waiting on the production line to produce it!!!!:USA:

teamsynergy
10-04-2011, 06:25 PM

I could have swore I had her convinced... there is a hotel right up the road... a nice hotel too..

Magic Medicine
10-04-2011, 06:32 PM

You'll be on the ski-doo and that still has warranty!:sifone:

paulb32
10-04-2011, 09:08 PM
I could have swore I had her convinced... there is a hotel right up the road... a nice hotel too..

She's a woman. Need i say more....:sifone:

ttuton
10-04-2011, 10:12 PM
I am gonna go out Sunday, have to work on Saturday :banghead:

MILD THUNDER
10-05-2011, 12:55 AM

Joey called me tonight and mentioned that scenerio....

Not sure how much was bastardized in that boat, but I do know most fountains had plugs located inside the gunwales, that connected to the engine side harnesses. Allows you to unplug and remove the dash without having to cut wires and what not. Had my dash out last winter and attempted to decipher what they had going on behind the dash wiring wise. After about 5 minutes, I decided to start from scratch. Was able to get it all straightened out. After installing in the boat, only issue I had was oil temp gauge was showing high oil temp on one engine, ground wire had popped off while installing. Fixed that and all has been well.

I may be able to come by the shop Thursday with my fountain test light and maybe we can work on dash and install a couple extra drive showers and bolt on some rubber hubbed 3 blade aluminium props for joeys initial run :sifone:

MILD THUNDER
10-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Good times. :(

OBNOXUS
10-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Now take that,,,,,unwire tie everything,,,,,criss cross all the wires,,,, leave in a heap,,,,,install a car alarm,,,yes I said car alarm and you get the idea !!!! LOL.

The cool one was when I fired the port motor and it pegged the oil temp guage the first time I revved it !!!

enough of a hint ???

Magic Medicine
10-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Now take that,,,,,unwire tie everything,,,,,criss cross all the wires,,,, leave in a heap,,,,,install a car alarm,,,yes I said car alarm and you get the idea !!!! LOL.

The cool one was when I fired the port motor and it pegged the oil temp guage the first time I revved it !!!

enough of a hint ???

Gotta love hacks, I see it all the time in my job. The best is aftermarket car alarms, you know the ones that are installed by 16 year olds at best buy. I won't even look at those if they come in. Den looks like you got a job ahead of you.

What ever happened with that sled you went and looked at??

redhotsommer
10-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Since Den's gonna be busy with Joey's boat for the rest of his life, I'd love to have Fountain Joe over to my place some time this winter to check out MY wiring issues. I got the Straight-Jacket-I'm-in-a-hurry treatment when he put my dash back in...and things are not quite right. However...its kinda nice that some of the gauges don't work, that way I don't have to look at them.

So....what time are you peoples thinking for Saturday? I am thinking East Chicago at 11. You Portage boys can run west and hook up with us if ya want....

teamsynergy
10-05-2011, 11:16 AM
I am going to be in the water friday I think... so I am game anytime saturday.

OBNOXUS
10-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Since Den's gonna be busy with Joey's boat for the rest of his life, I'd love to have Fountain Joe over to my place some time this winter to check out MY wiring issues. I got the Straight-Jacket-I'm-in-a-hurry treatment when he put my dash back in...and things are not quite right. However...its kinda nice that some of the gauges don't work, that way I don't have to look at them.

So....what time are you peoples thinking for Saturday? I am thinking East Chicago at 11. You Portage boys can run west and hook up with us if ya want....

I like that theory !!!! if they dont work we dont have to look at them !!!!

Joey is out after this week !!!

Party at your shop this winter !!!!

MILD THUNDER
10-05-2011, 12:39 PM

I can come take a look at your wiring issues. I may need some bellhousing machining done again at your shop this winter. I may be getting different bellhousings and they will need to be machined down for the rear raceplates like your dad did on my current ones.

SC288
10-05-2011, 12:41 PM
WetteVette and I will be representing out at the Caesar's Creek Shootout this Saturday in this....

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSC288#p/a/u/1/MUZmz2oH1jo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcMccIT_Ih8

MILD THUNDER
10-05-2011, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=OBNOXUS;563167]

QUOTE]

Joey said last night he was keeping it there all winter since you were gonna be re-doing the dash, bilge, cabin interior and wiring, and some glass and paint work??? Painting the drives too? You got your hands full buddy!! :eek:

OBNOXUS
10-05-2011, 04:53 PM
OK then,,,,party at the boat shop,,,,,just bring yours here Mike !!!

B.Z.
10-05-2011, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=OBNOXUS;563167]

QUOTE]

Joey said last night he was keeping it there all winter since you were gonna be re-doing the dash, bilge, cabin interior and wiring, and some glass and paint work??? Painting the drives too? You got your hands full buddy!! :eek:

Dang you are going to be busy Big D.......:beatdeadhorse5:

MILD THUNDER
10-05-2011, 07:13 PM
OK then,,,,party at the boat shop,,,,,just bring yours here Mike !!!

LOL, well then, Mike Fountain, can you bring the Bridgeport Machine to Den's shop for some machining while we are partying? Something tells me Den and I won't get to do much partying at this event. :cool:

BTW Den, I was talking to a vinyl guy about some vinyl work for me this winter. After talking shop for a while, turns out he's done work for you! He sent me some pics of a interior he did in a fellow Beaker boat, and looks good. I may just have to use him. Nice guy. Small world.

ICDEDPPL
10-05-2011, 07:45 PM
1. So anyone partying with us at Marina Shores Sat. night?
2. Should we sink a football again? I`m picking up a CZ 750 tomorrow

or another choice from one of the walls :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/GUNS/guns.jpg

Ratickle
10-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Second from top, on the right. 10-22 with a bull barrel and thumbhole? Or?

teamsynergy
10-05-2011, 07:57 PM
1. So anyone partying with us at Marina Shores Sat. night?
2. Should we sink a football again? I`m picking up a CZ 750 tomorrow

or another choice from one of the walls :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/GUNS/guns.jpg

I shall be there and WILL NOT pass out early lol...

ICDEDPPL
10-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Ra-tickle, right on, custom 10-22 so accurate its almost no fun:biggrinjester:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/GUNS/?action=view&current=michigan07043.mp4

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/GUNS/?action=view&current=michigan07049.mp4

redhotsommer
10-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Dan...I think you might have a gun problem on par with my bike problem.

Ratickle
10-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Ra-tickle, right on, custom 10-22 so accurate its almost no fun:biggrinjester:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/GUNS/?action=view&current=michigan07043.mp4

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/GUNS/?action=view&current=michigan07049.mp4

Looks good. What distance?

They have to be the best all-around plinker ever made.......

And the mods that can be done are incredible......

OBNOXUS
10-05-2011, 09:50 PM
BTW Den, I was talking to a vinyl guy about some vinyl work for me this winter..

Was his name Mike???

MILD THUNDER
10-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Was his name Mike???

Ya! Mike from coal city.

ttuton
10-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Ya he did the interior on my boat. It turned out awesome! I will have to figure out how to post pics. Otherwise I hope to be out on the lake either sat. or Sunday and you can see it in person.

MILD THUNDER
10-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Would this be your boat? :D

ttuton
10-06-2011, 01:54 AM
That's the one, I figured he would have pics of it.

OBNOXUS
10-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Yup,,,,Thats Mike llike Tom said.

He did Toms,,,, Mike K's,,,,,fixed my hatch,,,,,and is doing some changes and updates to the Outerlimits I came up with over the winter.

Great guy,,,,and he is a workaholic like me !!!!

redhotsommer
10-06-2011, 11:49 AM
So....we've got myself, BZ, Rich, Paul, Andy, Todd, Dan, and possibly Joey. Anybody else? Texted Little D last night w/o an answer, BZ talked to BBobb and he can only do Sunday. How 'bout Mike K?

OBNOXUS
10-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Lil D is working tomorrow so he is out,,,,Ill call Kvas

ttuton
10-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Kavos is racing this weekend in Jersey. Anyone gonna be out on Sunday?

paulb32
10-06-2011, 08:15 PM
I was shocked to see today that the sat wave forecast if 3-6's all day, even though wind out of the south and south west, but at 15-20 knots. It might get bumpy so will make for some good photos.

paulb32
10-06-2011, 08:19 PM
So....we've got myself, BZ, Rich, Paul, Andy, Todd, Dan, and possibly Joey. Anybody else? Texted Little D last night w/o an answer, BZ talked to BBobb and he can only do Sunday. How 'bout Mike K?

Course Dan will be workin all day Fri to dig his baja out of it's shut in tomb he preapred for winter ....:sifone:
I might have Tim & Sam with us, I've asked Leo but he's still got stuff to finish b4 sat to make it, that's all I know of. I hit little D also on Monday, no answer.
We're goin out of EC at 11.

redhotsommer
10-06-2011, 08:56 PM
3-6 is the offshore forecast. 1-2s close to shore.

teamsynergy
10-06-2011, 09:09 PM
big..small.... it don't matter lol... Mike, get that goPro mounted!

OBNOXUS
10-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Course Dan will be workin all day Fri to dig his baja out of it's shut in tomb he preapred for winter ....:sifone:
I might have Tim & Sam with us, I've asked Leo but he's still got stuff to finish b4 sat to make it, that's all I know of. I hit little D also on Monday, no answer.
We're goin out of EC at 11.

I thought Tim and Sam have a boat now?????

Mrs OB

ICDEDPPL
10-06-2011, 10:16 PM
lol thats so true, good thing I took the day off :cheers2:

OBNOXUS
10-07-2011, 10:28 AM
2-4's for tomorrow PERFECT !!!!!!!!

ICDEDPPL
10-07-2011, 10:57 AM
5mph south winds on Sunday

Calumet Harbor To Gary-Gary To Burns Harbor-
Burns Harbor To Michigan City-
Rest Of Today
South winds 10 to 15 kt increasing to 15 to 20 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
Tonight Through Saturday Night
South winds 10 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Waves 1 to 2 ft.

MILD THUNDER
10-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Marine forecast from the NOAA radio is saying 1-2 offshore or 1ft or less nearshore for saturday..south winds at 10 knots. Sounds like a good day to run WOT till something blows! Thats how I am gonna run the pontoon tomorrow. Spin that little whacka to 6000 and hold it. Im gonna see if i can hit 18mph, I'll bring the GPS. Here we were at wot and Ryan was really hanging on tight.

Exhilaration
10-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Going to try an make it!!

redhotsommer
10-07-2011, 02:43 PM
THAT'S what I want to hear! Go Leo!

B.Z.
10-07-2011, 03:05 PM
this will work.....

Near Coastal Forecasts

More Near Coastal Forecasts

Calumet Harbor IL to Gary IN - 09:35 AM CDT Fri Oct 07 2011
.REST OF TODAY...SOUTH WINDS 10 TO 15 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 20
KT. SUNNY. WAVES 1 TO 2 FT.
.TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT...SOUTH WINDS 10 TO 15 KT.
MOSTLY CLEAR. WAVES 1 TO 2 FT.

ICDEDPPL
10-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Welp Todd has been limping in on one drive from Chicago at 8mph for the last 2.5 hours.:(

He`ll have to endure being on a Baja Sat. I guess.

I`ll be at Portage around 11ish.

MILD THUNDER
10-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Welp Todd has been limping in on one drive from Chicago at 8mph for the last 2.5 hours.:(

He`ll have to endure being on a Baja Sat. I guess.

I`ll be at Portage around 11ish.

Fukin bravos. At least his are still under warranty?!? Damn.

teamsynergy
10-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Todd here... Yeah, this I the drive that was just re-done. Not sure what failed but I don't have forward or reverse. Not gonna dick with it but I think I lost the vertical shaft. I will be here all weekend but just not cruising on the sonic. Limping back sucked... But, at least I was able to limp lol

Ratickle
10-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Todd here... Yeah, this I the drive that was just re-done. Not sure what failed but I don't have forward or reverse. Not gonna dick with it but I think I lost the vertical shaft. I will be here all weekend but just not cruising on the sonic. Limping back sucked... But, at least I was able to limp lol

That does suck......

Two good things though, dual engine so no tow; End of the season instead of the beginning.....

redhotsommer
10-08-2011, 09:49 PM
What an AWESOME day! Leaving out of East Chicago we had Kool-Aid Man (38 Cig), Rich (42 Outerlimits), PaulB (36 Baja), Leo (35 Fountain), Little Dennis (33 Scarab), Bob Z (42 Fountain) and myself (35 Fountain). Hooked up with ICDEDPPL Dan (33 Baja) and the Polish Prince himself, Magic Medicine (32 Sunsation). On the way to New Buffalo, we pick up Gary (42 Outerlimits). We all pulled in together, right behind a 39 Profile with 850s and a 32 Skater with triple 300 whackas that belonged to an old acquaintance of mine that I hadn't seen in years. Perfect conditions on the lake...all was good until I ran out of gas on the port side just outside Portage. Had to idle in to Marina Shores...BARELY made it before the gas dock before it closed...then fired up and ran back to E. Chicago with no problem. Great day to end the summer for sure.

MILD THUNDER
10-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Sounds like a great day!!

Ratickle
10-08-2011, 11:41 PM
What an AWESOME day! Leaving out of East Chicago we had Kool-Aid Man (38 Cig), Rich (42 Outerlimits), PaulB (36 Baja), Leo (35 Fountain), Little Dennis (33 Scarab), Bob Z (42 Fountain) and myself (35 Fountain). Hooked up with ICDEDPPL Dan (33 Baja) and the Polish Prince himself, Magic Medicine (32 Sunsation). On the way to New Buffalo, we pick up Gary (42 Outerlimits). We all pulled in together, right behind a 39 Profile with 850s and a 32 Skater with triple 300 whackas that belonged to an old acquaintance of mine that I hadn't seen in years. Perfect conditions on the lake...all was good until I ran out of gas on the port side just outside Portage. Had to idle in to Marina Shores...BARELY made it before the gas dock before it closed...then fired up and ran back to E. Chicago with no problem. Great day to end the summer for sure.

Sweet....

Get some pics?????

OBNOXUS
10-09-2011, 07:26 AM
we have some great video of everyone we will load soon.