PDA

View Full Version : Fall run pics.

ICDEDPPL
09-18-2011, 08:38 PM
I know Todd has some good ones :bump:

I had a great time! Running to South Buffalo was awesome, perfect chop.

Heres Fontain Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIh5KUTY61Y

A little bit of everyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGkPBbymxuo

Andy see what happens when you pass out:sifone:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/Boat/6bad5444.jpg

Marina shores

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/Boat/745c2324.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/Boat/67023b24.jpg

Some weiner

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/Boat/b818ee8c.jpg

thats my boy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/Boat/39c2ee17.jpg

After using up some fuel leaving the family at the dock and having some nice chop I was pretty excited to check my GPS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/Boat/21ccfb0b.jpg

MILD THUNDER
09-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Nice pics. Awesome day on the water. Marina shores was great. Thanks to mike reeves for driving to wette vettes house to pick up a msd box for me, since mine decided to take a crap. Obviously thanks to Craig for supplying the box too. Todd came thru this morning with his truck to help pull my 2wd dually up the rain soaked ramp. The Indiana guys really rock! Im content to put mine away now, ran its fastest speed ever, 83.6 mph, prob coulda Squeeked another mph or two with some trim, but still made me smile!

I think I can speak for Ryan also, I think you'll be seeing us on A dock at marina shores again next summer!

MILD THUNDER
09-18-2011, 11:16 PM
I like that video of us running when I come from behind and Chase down the red Fontane towards the end!

Ratickle
09-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Nice stuff.......:03::driving::03:

Payton
09-19-2011, 07:26 AM
Cool pics and videos! The one shot if you'd panned a little more to the right mu boat would've been in the shot, sadly still on the lift. About the time you shot the videos I was watching a 1year old nephew tear into his first birthday cake. I guess that's important too, but he would never know if it's a few weeks late.

Good thing Andy doesn't sleep with his moth open.

Payton
09-19-2011, 07:29 AM
I think I can speak for Ryan also, I think you'll be seeing us on A dock at marina shores again next summer!

Joe, that would be awesome! We need a little more noise around there.

teamsynergy
09-19-2011, 07:55 AM
I will concur that this weekend was fun!!! Actually I am looking to repeat this weekend at the end of the month if anyone is game... besides the cold at night... it was a great time! And yes, Andy is lucky he sleeps with his mouth shut and that we did not have a permanent marker... oh, this brings back college days...

teamsynergy
09-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Here are some various pics... I have more, but those will stay off the web lol :cheers2: :eek:

SC288
09-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Nice pics. Awesome day on the water. Marina shores was great. Thanks to mike reeves for driving to wette vettes house to pick up a msd box for me, since mine decided to take a crap. Obviously thanks to Craig for supplying the box too. Todd came thru this morning with his truck to help pull my 2wd dually up the rain soaked ramp. The Indiana guys really rock! Im content to put mine away now, ran its fastest speed ever, 83.6 mph, prob coulda Squeeked another mph or two with some trim, but still made me smile!

No problem Joe....thanks Ryan for stopping to check on us and thanks for everyone calling to check on us....what I learned from Saturday is that I should of left my F***ing stock valve covers on as they had the baffles in them. I don't think I ever was able to get the oil hot enough over the Summer to boil off the moisture in it as I always had my daughter with us. Oh well gotta figure out how to mount some puke tanks neatly over the winter.

teamsynergy
09-19-2011, 09:20 AM
No problem Joe....thanks Ryan for stopping to check on us and thanks for everyone calling to check on us....what I learned from Saturday is that I should of left my F***ing stock valve covers on as they had the baffles in them. I don't think I ever was able to get the oil hot enough over the Summer to boil off the moisture in it as I always had my daughter with us. Oh well gotta figure out how to mount some puke tanks neatly over the winter.

Mike,
Do you have room to pull the new covers off and put the old ones back on? Or would that be too much of a PITA? I know you mentioned that you would have to remove the manifolds I think....

MILD THUNDER
09-19-2011, 09:43 AM

Hey Mike, can you add the tall breathers like these? They have steps inside to kinda act like baffles. I do believe you have the polished angle cut valve covers if I remember correctly.

http://teaguecustommarine.com/index.php/tall-valve-cover-breather.html

SC288
09-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Mike,
Do you have room to pull the new covers off and put the old ones back on? Or would that be too much of a PITA? I know you mentioned that you would have to remove the manifolds I think....

Yeah the Gils would have to come off to get at two of the nuts for the valve covers. CP Performance has a rubber grommet that has foam in it....but I am not sure if that would work or not. Also I did a search on OSO and it looks like people have had luck with the 4" tall breathers....they have a step design to them. Any other ideas? Strip Poker on OSO is running these?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/188625-valve-cover-breather-recommendations.html

http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/tank_acc.html

The only problem would be trying to route braided line or black hose neatly to make it work. We couuld use the existing breathers and run the hose to the can. I do not have room in the rear of the engine to mount these though...I would have to mount them on the extreme port or starboard side.

Magic Medicine
09-19-2011, 09:47 AM
evidently Todd likes playing with wieners

teamsynergy
09-19-2011, 09:48 AM
evidently Todd likes playing with wieners

Obviously Andy likes falling asleep early...:cheers2:

BTW, I was just trying to be a good friend and make sure you didn't go nighty night on an empty stomach!!! :rofl:

SC288
09-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Hey Mike, can you add the tall breathers like these? They have steps inside to kinda act like baffles. I do believe you have the polished angle cut valve covers if I remember correctly.

http://teaguecustommarine.com/index.php/tall-valve-cover-breather.html

I was going to give them a call....after looking on OSO it looks like alot of people have luck with these. My only question is how to they attach to the valve cover? I see that you are supposed to run a bead of silicone around them but not sure how they attach. And yes I do have the polished Teague valve covers.

MILD THUNDER
09-19-2011, 10:36 AM
The only problem would be trying to route braided line or black hose neatly to make it work. We couuld use the existing breathers and run the hose to the can. I do not have room in the rear of the engine to mount these though...I would have to mount them on the extreme port or starboard side.

Problem with the stock style push in breathers in my experiance, is they still leak around the grommet itself. Those valve covers you have are sweet. I'd try the tall breathers. If you ran a puke tank, I would weld fittings in the covers, and AN lines to the tank. No leaks. :cheers2:

MILD THUNDER
09-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Coming off plane here...

Lq0odD9kjR0

Ratickle
09-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Do you have pics of your current breathers? Ben raised mine to eliminate the blowby. They are the round ones.

redhotsommer
09-19-2011, 10:49 AM
We had a great time as well. I was a little disappointed that I only got 80.1 mph with the 30s on...but I was only able to turn them 4900, so I wasn't even in the powerband. My slip calced out to almost 14%...I think 28s are going to be the ticket for me. Another reason I might have been slow was that I was running a high FPG factor on Saturday...(FPG= Fat Polish Guy).

Seriously, though, it was good to have Andy and BZ aboard...seemed like they enjoyed the ride.

As for Portage...it was nice, but that ramp and my trailer DO NOT get along. I have to power on every time, and since there are signs everywhere warning against powering on, in addition to a guy that comes out and yells at you when you do it, things did not go smoothly for me. I tried to float it on, and wound up with the beak sitting directly on the metal pulley for the strap. Gouged a little gelcoat, took off a little decal...AND it didn't work. I still had to power on, but it didn't go far enough up, so the boat is sitting too far back on the trailer right now...I'm going to have to go to E.Chicago and run it one more time to get it on the trailer correctly before winter. Oh...and I had to use 4WD to get out as well, Joe. First thing I said to Michelle was..."Joe is NOT going to be able to pull out at this ramp!"

MILD THUNDER
09-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Ryan and I anxiously waiting for the rest of the group to come run with us, looking for a red boat off in the horizon. The young performance marine tee shirts might have attributed to my new speed record. :driving:

WETTE VETTE
09-19-2011, 10:51 AM
I was going to give them a call....after looking on OSO it looks like alot of people have luck with these. My only question is how to they attach to the valve cover? I see that you are supposed to run a bead of silicone around them but not sure how they attach. And yes I do have the polished Teague valve covers.

It all comes down to whether you want to take the Gills / valve covers off. If you take them off the options are plentiful. If not then there are less options and some type of tank will be the easiest. I go back to when we were getting the covers ready and debating whether to put a baffle under the breather hole. Dam I wish I would have made you put a baffle under there! Oh well now you've got a winter project!

Craig

MILD THUNDER
09-19-2011, 11:02 AM
We had a great time as well. I was a little disappointed that I only got 80.1 mph with the 30s on...but I was only able to turn them 4900, so I wasn't even in the powerband. My slip calced out to almost 14%...I think 28s are going to be the ticket for me. Another reason I might have been slow was that I was running a high FPG factor on Saturday...(FPG= Fat Polish Guy).

Seriously, though, it was good to have Andy and BZ aboard...seemed like they enjoyed the ride.

As for Portage...it was nice, but that ramp and my trailer DO NOT get along. I have to power on every time, and since there are signs everywhere warning against powering on, in addition to a guy that comes out and yells at you when you do it, things did not go smoothly for me. I tried to float it on, and wound up with the beak sitting directly on the metal pulley for the strap. Gouged a little gelcoat, took off a little decal...AND it didn't work. I still had to power on, but it didn't go far enough up, so the boat is sitting too far back on the trailer right now...I'm going to have to go to E.Chicago and run it one more time to get it on the trailer correctly before winter. Oh...and I had to use 4WD to get out as well, Joe. First thing I said to Michelle was..."Joe is NOT going to be able to pull out at this ramp!"

ya, you would have loved the stuff going on when we were pulling out. I was loading mine up by myself, had it pretty good on the trailer position wise, but needed someone to hold the stern straight, so I walked over to assist ryan. He was having a really hard time getting it up on the trailer. Tried powering on, but the little nerd who works there started yelling. So, finally he gets it cranked up to a acceptable position, and begins to pull out. Some guy in a fishing boat pulls up, and ends up falling out of his boat, into the water at the end of the ramp. Keith runs over to help the guy, and he's trying to pull himself up onto the dock, with keiths help, but no luck. He ended up having to swim to the ramp and walk out. He was in his bibs and fishing attire, totally soaked. So ryan then pulls out, no problem. I attempt to pull out, and sure enough, the tires starting slipping. Had Ryan and Dan's Wife jumping on the rear bumper while i was smokin the duallies, no luck. Then ryan was on the diamond plate running board jumping up and down, then the running board snapped and gave way. Todd got his truck, we hooked my tow chain (knew it would come in handy) and he yanked me out. Having a video camera at the ramp would have been great. :eek:

Magic Medicine
09-19-2011, 11:10 AM
ya, you would have loved the stuff going on when we were pulling out. I was loading mine up by myself, had it pretty good on the trailer position wise, but needed someone to hold the stern straight, so I walked over to assist ryan. He was having a really hard time getting it up on the trailer. Tried powering on, but the little nerd who works there started yelling. So, finally he gets it cranked up to a acceptable position, and begins to pull out. Some guy in a fishing boat pulls up, and ends up falling out of his boat, into the water at the end of the ramp. Keith runs over to help the guy, and he's trying to pull himself up onto the dock, with keiths help, but no luck. He ended up having to swim to the ramp and walk out. He was in his bibs and fishing attire, totally soaked. So ryan then pulls out, no problem. I attempt to pull out, and sure enough, the tires starting slipping. Had Ryan and Dan's Wife jumping on the rear bumper while i was smokin the duallies, no luck. Then ryan was on the diamond plate running board jumping up and down, then the running board snapped and gave way. Todd got his truck, we hooked my tow chain (knew it would come in handy) and he yanked me out. Having a video camera at the ramp would have been great. :eek:

:sifone::sifone:

SC288
09-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Here is a pic....they are just the standard Moroso Breathers running up to the flame arrestor.

teamsynergy
09-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Stop highjacking!!!! lol

MILD THUNDER
09-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Stop highjacking!!!! lol

LOL here's a easy fix

Ratickle
09-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Here is a pic....they are just the standard Moroso Breathers running up to the flame arrestor.

Here's what we did.

SC288
09-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Looks nice. I just don't want to take the headers off to fix the problem if I dont have to. I may just have to run a puke tank.

ICDEDPPL
09-19-2011, 01:39 PM
the careful with a puke tank around Sunsation Andy..you may not like what you find in there .lol

Cig Flat Deck
09-19-2011, 03:00 PM
It was great to get back out on the water and run with everyone. Even though i was screwing around with things. Thanks Dan for the pictures maybe one day you guys can slow down so i can get some running videos. I will get back to portage next year but i will just launch in east chicago or hammond.

MILD THUNDER
09-19-2011, 03:36 PM
It was great to get back out on the water and run with everyone. Even though i was screwing around with things. Thanks Dan for the pictures maybe one day you guys can slow down so i can get some running videos. I will get back to portage next year but i will just launch in east chicago or hammond.

Your boat sure got some attention at the dock. Looked good as always. I would have took some pics of you but my pos phones camera took a crap. I took one of mikey and it came out crazy looking.

I imagine it had to sound good with you, mike, and me all idling Down the ditch, 4000+ HP thru dry pipes had to sound good.

Twin Whackas
09-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Sounds like it was a great time out there. If the big lake cooperates, I want to get out and run one more time if possible. Marina Shores looks like some really nice docks, etc.

teamsynergy
09-19-2011, 04:15 PM
As it stands now... I will be heading there friday afternoon or saturday morning this weekend. I am not ready to hang it up yet so anyone who has the same thoughts... c'mon down. Marina shores is a pretty nice place... pool was warm and slips are very nice...

I plan on at least being out till october 'cause thats how we'z do it!

B.Z.
09-19-2011, 05:59 PM
I am out of town till Sat. but if Sunday holds up I am in....

teamsynergy
09-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Out of town till when of saturday? How about you put in Saturday afternoon and dock it up with us??

ICDEDPPL
09-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Am I going to have some led lighting to fit in.. all you fu$#kers have your engine bay lit up like Christmas looking all pimp..
I looked at underwater lighting so I can be cool too but holy $hitballs thats $$$$!
I`ll pass lol

paulb32
09-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Am I going to have some led lighting to fit in.. all you fu$#kers have your engine bay lit up like Christmas looking all pimp..
I looked at underwater lighting so I can be cool too but holy $hitballs thats $$$$!
I`ll pass lol

DanBaja, Thats cuz those boys got some chit to show off, not some breathed on 502's...:willy_nilly:
And are ya nervous about drillin a few 2" holes in the transom below the water line? Yeah me too. They do make ones that bolt on trim tabs, but you know you'll get laughed at for those. Course the $300 to $600 ea isn't easy to take neither.

paulb32
09-19-2011, 10:51 PM
the careful with a puke tank around Sunsation Andy..you may not like what you find in there .lol

Um you mean something like ....:puke:
(gotta watch it a minute).

And just for the hell of it, like this one too...:boobflash:

paulb32
09-19-2011, 10:58 PM
As it stands now... I will be heading there friday afternoon or saturday morning this weekend. I am not ready to hang it up yet so anyone who has the same thoughts... c'mon down. Marina shores is a pretty nice place... pool was warm and slips are very nice...

I plan on at least being out till october 'cause thats how we'z do it!

Well not next sat for us. We are holding the Benefit event for our neighbor that was killed in a cycle accident, see www.glentandersonmemorialbenefit.com. Lisa, I and a team put all this together for the family. BZ said he would come to it ...:cheers2:
Sunday's a chance, but a low one. I hear you'll have Lex, gotta get her and Allie together plus Danno's kids.
The next weekend will be free for us to do so. I'm not quite ready yet, and have my ski boat for some local river runnin too.

paulb32
09-19-2011, 11:01 PM

Joe & Ryan, those race hatches look great! Course maybe they kept Andy IN the boat to pass out.....
I saw a boat same graphics as yours Joe on Craigslist this weekend, but just 502's.

MILD THUNDER
09-19-2011, 11:20 PM
Joe & Ryan, those race hatches look great! Course maybe they kept Andy IN the boat to pass out.....
I saw a boat same graphics as yours Joe on Craigslist this weekend, but just 502's.

Thanks Paul..that 38 on Craigslist is owned by a guy named Mike. Looks very simliar to mine. His is newer and stepped bottom. I used to store my boat next to him downtown years back. I think his runs low 70's with the 502's and bravos. He kept it pretty nice.

teamsynergy
09-20-2011, 06:47 AM
I`ll pass lol

Dan, I have extra strips like mine if your interested... I'll give you the AK discount...lol

MILD THUNDER
09-20-2011, 08:32 AM
Dan, I will find the website I got mine from and email it to you. Purple cockpit and bilge lights would look nice....

redhotsommer
09-20-2011, 09:01 AM
I think mine were like $40 each? As I recall, Joe's were even cheaper...AND he's got the color changers...mine are just red.

MILD THUNDER
09-20-2011, 09:13 AM
I wanna say mine were like 50 bucks for the bilge. That was a basic four tube kit, with the two extra add on tubes. I have six tubes total in the bilge, with the color changing controller. Same kit i got for Ryan. Real easy plug and play wiring too.

teamsynergy
09-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Mine can do white or red, come in a sealed aluminum extrusion and a clear lens. They have roughly 6' of cord and a separate power supply. Mine are $50.00 for a set of two and power supply. I think the strips are 3-4' long... I have 4 in my bilge.

ICDEDPPL
09-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Yeah thats reasonable, the underwater lights are like $300 per light.

MILD THUNDER
09-20-2011, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE=redhotsommer;561441]We had a great time as well. I was a little disappointed that I only got 80.1 mph with the 30s on...but I was only able to turn them 4900, so I wasn't even in the powerband. My slip calced out to almost 14%...I think 28s are going to be the ticket for me. QUOTE]

Mike, your prop slip is ok. Its around 11%. When calculating slip for a bravo, you need to enter about 1" less of pitch in the calculator. Bravo's dont measure true to their stamping. So for stock 30p bravo's, you would want to enter "29.2", or "29" if the calculator doesnt allow for decimals.

At 11%, i'd say your doing good. I dont think 5 blades would do all that much for you, maybe even hurt you. Even though you have 2" shorties, your drives were dragging thru the sand before, with the boxes. Your not throwing any rooster tails, I don't think your close to piercing the surface right now. I'd like to see you set your drives parallel to the bottom, take a level, and measure how far below the bottom the propshafts sit right now with the shorties. Mark Kingma just got his cutting edge props. Might be worth hooking up with him and doing a test run with them. The pitch might not be what you need, but you can at least see if the boat likes them! That is of course if Mark even likes you enough to let you give them a test run. :D

Also, what prop netted the best speed so far this year? I know you tried a bravo 4 blade, hydromotive cleaver, and hydromotive round ear. If your original hydromotive "cleaver" props gave you the best speed, I would definitly try the cutting edge props, and I would also try "just for grins" turning the props outwards. Cleavers lift the stern. If the boat likes stern lift, turning the props "out" will lift the stern also. "IN" lifts the bow. Most think its the other way around. Just ask bblades. My props turn "IN". I tried out and it didnt work for me. Go watch the video Dan put up of us running on saturday, and you be the judge on whether or not Im carrying the bow while passing Dan in the video. ;)

redhotsommer
09-20-2011, 10:31 AM
My problem is that all of the props I ran resulted in almost the same speeds! The 30s were 80.1, Brian's 26 Hydro Quad IV Xs were 82, and my 26 Hydro Quad IVs were 82.5. I honestly think the boat should be faster than that. I am light on fuel now, so maybe it's worth another shot with the 30s with a light load (no FPGs). I was running my tabs at like 2 pins this weekend, and the drives were out at 4.5 (normal with the shorties)...if I had trimmed it to the moon and raised the tabs, I probably could have gotten a couple more mph....I was playing it safe with passengers aboard.

I just want to hit 85 once...after that, I could care less! :) I cruise at 60-65 and I'm happy.

redhotsommer
09-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Oh...and I know Brian wanted me to run his 26s as the IV Xs provide more bow lift. Honestly...the boat felt very loose with those props...it's usally rock solid at 80 mph. They were the only ones I didn't really like.

teamsynergy
09-20-2011, 10:41 AM
My problem is that all of the props I ran resulted in almost the same speeds! The 30s were 80.1, Brian's 26 Hydro Quad IV Xs were 82, and my 26 Hydro Quad IVs were 82.5. I honestly think the boat should be faster than that. I am light on fuel now, so maybe it's worth another shot with the 30s with a light load (no FPGs). I was running my tabs at like 2 pins this weekend, and the drives were out at 4.5 (normal with the shorties)...if I had trimmed it to the moon and raised the tabs, I probably could have gotten a couple more mph....I was playing it safe with passengers aboard.

I just want to hit 85 once...after that, I could care less! :) I cruise at 60-65 and I'm happy.

Mike, IMO, either the 28's or 30's will work. Unfortunatly, you will have to send them out for labbing to achieve the RPM and speed you desire. With the cooler weather and lake conditions, we ran a solid 91 saturday. My plan going forward is to send them to Brett this winter and have them labbed. Currently I am running merc bravo 1 4 blades, 32's and they are the merc labbed versions. My slip is roughly 17-19% so I think once we lab them, I could see 95-96. But we'll see. I really dont want to mess with 34's as they are crap.

MILD THUNDER
09-20-2011, 11:05 AM
So its sounding like the boat likes the standard hydromotive cleaver, like your original props. The "loose" feeling you felt when running brians props, was probably due to the fact they are 16" diameter, where your props are 15.5", and stock bravos are 15.25". Bigger the Diameter, the more stern lift you will get. 5 blade props made my boat feel loose too, to much stern lift, didnt like them at wot.

Ok, here's another question, which props feel more stable at wot? The cleavers or the bravos? This is pretty much a conversation you would probably want to have with Brett, but I think at the end, your best prop would be having the 30's sent to brett for tweaking. He may do things like cut them down to 15" or less, add some cupping, thin the blades, etc.

Magic Medicine
09-20-2011, 11:25 AM
How many RPM's are you wanting to spin? if your at 4900 now where do you want to be? I'd think you'd like to spin at 5400????

paulb32
09-20-2011, 01:54 PM

Gotta get your boat next to Leo's. He says with his 500's he's 83 all day, and has hit 86. I don't know any further details, but I'd think match his setup is another baseline. HP for HP you should be faster, or at least the same. Seems Joe is on the mark-need more bow lift, not stern lift. 4.5 on the drives is "some" trim already and the boat appears pretty flat. Reggie ran em on the back 3 ft only, you can do it too....:bump:

OBNOXUS
09-20-2011, 02:07 PM
CMon Mike,,,,,trim it out,,,,remember Cumberland !!!!!!

redhotsommer
09-20-2011, 02:50 PM
You have a point, Paul. I should be faster than Leo as our hulls are the same and I've got a couple hundred more horses and shorties.

Andy...my peak hp was around 5200.

Dennis...that was fun and easy to do because it was not my boat! :)

WETTE VETTE
09-20-2011, 03:57 PM
More bowlift can be done with props or adding some spacers to the drives to gain some additional leverage. Didn't you do motors and shorties at the same time? In many cases when several different props are tried and the top end is the same the explanation is in the set up. SC288 went through the same deal this spring, but in his case he needed shorties and that got him past what seemed to be a wall at 80.

teamsynergy
09-20-2011, 04:16 PM
I think labbed 30's will do the trick... When all else fails, call BBlades.

Also, I just ran your numbers again and if you can maintain no more than 12% slip, run labbed 30's, and get 5400 out of them.... You should be 87mph.

MILD THUNDER
09-20-2011, 08:58 PM
You have a point, Paul. I should be faster than Leo as our hulls are the same and I've got a couple hundred more horses and shorties.

See if Leo can measure with a straightedge where his propshafts are. Then measure yours. Yours should be 2 inches or so above his, because of the boxes. If yours were as deep or deeper than his, I can see that being a problem.

Your drives were DEEP before! :D

ICDEDPPL
09-20-2011, 09:03 PM
Mike I overheard on the dock some ideas.. if you need more speed you should add a 3rd motor or possibly look into a 39 Apake

MILD THUNDER
09-20-2011, 09:56 PM
CMon Mike,,,,,trim it out,,,,remember Cumberland !!!!!!

:iagree:

This weekend, at 82-83mph, my tabs were up, drives at 5.5-6 on the Fountain indicators. Like PaulB said, Runnin on the last 3FT just like my uncle Reggie did...:biggrinjester:

Try another run this weekend. But this time, practice what you preach Dude!!

"Tabs UP, Drives OUT, Throttles DOWN"

Ratickle
09-20-2011, 10:05 PM
See if Leo can measure with a straightedge where his propshafts are. Then measure yours. Yours should be 2 inches or so above his, because of the boxes. If yours were as deep or deeper than his, I can see that being a problem.

Is that the before picture????

MILD THUNDER
09-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Is that the before picture????

Yes sir.

paulb32
09-20-2011, 10:23 PM

Also, I just ran your numbers again and if you can maintain no more than 12% slip, run labbed 30's, and get 5400 out of them.... You should be 87mph.

I think u called it. Mid 80's should be easy, upper 80's top.

paulb32
09-20-2011, 10:28 PM

Not only that, no trim. Drives are level despite the air. Stand on those trum buttons dude. Like the wife says, GET IT UP!:cheers2:

MILD THUNDER
09-20-2011, 10:39 PM

Only problem is see is getting 500RPM out of them. Isnt he only turning 4900 with the stock 30's?

I still think it would be easier to just put some blowers on them motors already. Wouldnt you agree Todd? :D I know some guys who can handle building the race hatches! Red Boat with red race hatches would look very nice.

insanity
09-21-2011, 05:14 AM
All good looking boats, but I especially like that flat deck. That's a good looking boat.

Marina shores

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/Boat/745c2324.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/Boat/67023b24.jpg

Ratickle
09-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Not only that, no trim. Drives are level despite the air. Stand on those trum buttons dude. Like the wife says, GET IT UP!:cheers2:

The Imco design doesn't seem to need as much up trim as the Bravo's set deep.

I was talking with Wil Smith yesterday, he suggested before I mess too much with props etc., check the bottom with a straightedge and make sure it is correct. You may want to do the same if you already haven't. I'm not sure if FountanEs came with hook, some rocker, or flat.

I know I've seent he exact same model and year hulls with totally different bottom characteristics. I have to believe from the thickness of the glass, and how long they were left to cure in the mold between layers.

By the way, I already know my bottom has a hook.

teamsynergy
09-21-2011, 07:54 AM
I was talking with Wil Smith yesterday

Tell him that he has big ears and his acting could use some work will ya???

Ratickle
09-21-2011, 08:11 AM
Tell him that he has big ears and his acting could use some work will ya???

Too funny.....

This Wil Smith

http://www.phantomboats.com/raceinfo.html

teamsynergy
09-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Here is a video of us running back...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goBbEcXPxrM

redhotsommer
09-21-2011, 08:55 AM
My hull has already been blueprinted.

Magic Medicine
09-21-2011, 08:58 AM

Well labbing should be you where u need to be rpm wise

Magic Medicine
09-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Mike I overheard on the dock some ideas.. if you need more speed you should add a 3rd motor or possibly look into a 39 Apake

:iamwithstupid:

Ratickle
09-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Here is a video of us running back...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goBbEcXPxrM

That is some sweet TopSpeed water......:03::03:

Was it as good as it looks??????

Magic Medicine
09-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Mikey

Loose the FPF, and run it with 100lbs of beer booze etc, trim to the moon and I think you will be suprised. I bet you lost 5 mph last weekend, all factors considered?

Ratickle
09-21-2011, 09:07 AM
My hull has already been blueprinted.

Nice, I have to get mine done this winter.....

I'd go with the straightedge on the bottom and the drive to get every possible measurement.

On a step hull, do you check with the straight-edge from the step to the back transom bottom? Or straight along the bottom after the back step?

You also have standoff boxes, correct? So the water has risen farther than a normal setback?

teamsynergy
09-21-2011, 09:31 AM
That is some sweet TopSpeed water......:03::03:

Was it as good as it looks??????

It was even better than it looked...:cheers2:

OBNOXUS
09-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Lil Sailor Jerry in the tank !!!!????

teamsynergy
09-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Some new videos... Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T15nwyE2cw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Qy_sZy-Og&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tL0JtdPvlY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL (my favorite)

Ratickle
09-21-2011, 02:10 PM
I liked the high speed pass too......:03:

Twin Whackas
09-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Looks like it was too rough for Whackas. I like 1' or less.
Will leave the rough water boating to you big V bottom guys.

redhotsommer
09-21-2011, 04:07 PM

Take some Immodium and get your a$$ out there...somebody has to be faster than Todd!

Cig Flat Deck
09-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Thanks Insanity i agree with ya. Since im so fast and nobody got video of me running i will slow it down and show a video at the dock.

MILD THUNDER
09-21-2011, 04:52 PM

Saturday I thought a bit more chop woulda been better. I think it was 1ft or less? :confused:

Payton
09-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Mike, my boat is done for the season. You are welcome to try my 29" CEPs. I was not able to get a top speed out of them. I had 2 rookies on the boat and the wind had just shifted out of the North. We had at least 3s. The guys with me thought the looked like 5s. lol
Greg at CEP told me to have the tabs all the way up and trim up a lot higher than I ever had my Mirage+s. Monday I had to drag the starboard a little tab to run level. And didn't even trim up to level with the bottom. I was already hitting 50 mph at a little under 3500rpm. I think I am going to be very happy with these props.

If you want to try them. come out for that combine ride Micheal wants and take them back with you.