PDA

View Full Version : Installing A/C

ICDEDPPL
09-04-2011, 01:04 PM
I`m tired of lugging my portable unit, that bastard is heavy and doesnt control the temp well, in teh middle of the night its like a meat freezer in there lol..
anyone with a 33 Outlaw do this?

I have two V berth storage compartments, the front one would work to install it in, everything else should not be complicated .. just not sure how to bring in water and drain it. Possibly T it in with the sink?

teamsynergy
09-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Dan, just some info... my a/c pump is in the engine compartment. Water is brought in through a through-hull pickup mounted below my port engine with a shutoff valve. simply run the water hose from the a/c pump/strainer to the unit and drill a separate water dump hole in the side of the hole... this should be cake...

paulb32
09-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Yup the water line is the easy part. Next weekend I'll snap a few photos and send ya.
Basically, main unit under the end of the bed, dump out the bow low to starbord. Elec pump and fitting with valve in the engine compartment. Ac control/t-stat close to cabinet sink. Vents ouput rear of couches, ducts run through couch storage. Then just connect power to unit, and wire pump to control unit. Then need drain for condensate tray under unit. I think mine dumps into bilge, but havnt traced it down.

But my ducts don't quite blow into the front bed area. I'd love to relocate them so they do, maybe just put them front of couch corners under speakers instead.
I hear getting the hose and electric run front to rear is a pita though after built.
And don't get a fitting that's a scoop, only need a basic hole with a ball valve. The scoop will catch water when your running, a no no.

ICDEDPPL
09-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Awesome!
Paul next time were out I`d love to check out how they ran stuff in your boat.

Magic Medicine
09-06-2011, 10:02 AM
I`m tired of lugging my portable unit, that bastard is heavy and doesnt control the temp well, in teh middle of the night its like a meat freezer in there lol..
anyone with a 33 Outlaw do this?

I have two V berth storage compartments, the front one would work to install it in, everything else should not be complicated .. just not sure how to bring in water and drain it. Possibly T it in with the sink?

Looks like our conversation at the beach got you thinking???

paulb32
09-06-2011, 11:57 PM
Just one more thing to winterize. Its easy though with the right equipment. Don't forget to pump your head :sifone: before you winterize too...