PDA

View Full Version : finally got up on plane this evening.

Payton
07-14-2011, 11:04 PM
Well Phil at Phill's Prop Shop in Lansing took a look at my Mirage+ 27s and said someone did a crap labbing job on them and the cup had been removed. He said put my 25s back on and give him some top end speed /rpm numbers. Then he could add cup to the 27s accordingly. This evening the water was kind of crappy, 1-2' chop with a lot of 3-4 thrown in. But, I tried. I had to be very light on the thottles to keep the 25s hooked up as I got on plane. Then I couldn't believe the midrange acceleration I had. I really couldn't keep an eye on anything but the water above 50 mph. I know I got to 5000rpm way to fast.
Looks like those new carb spacers are going to work out pretty good.

redhotsommer
07-14-2011, 11:11 PM
Cool Mark! Congrats...that had to be pretty frustrating!

Ratickle
07-15-2011, 04:35 AM
Cool Mark! Congrats...that had to be pretty frustrating!

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

What were the numbers?

Payton
07-15-2011, 04:51 AM
No good numbers yet. I saw 5000rpm my Northstar GPS seems to have to be at a speed for maybe 10 seconds for it to read out and that was up to 60 before I had to chop the throttles because I launched pretty good off a wave. It was a fun ride.

MILD THUNDER
07-15-2011, 06:12 AM
ha, awesome mark! I hear you on the cupping issue. I had that problem before too. I wouldn't be surprised if you need some 29p wheels when its all dialed in! I'll call you tonight or tomorrow morning.

Magic Medicine
07-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Congrats Mark, sorry I missed your call. I plan on being out at the beach this weekend
you gonna be around???

Payton
07-16-2011, 07:39 AM
I hope so. Maybe tomorrow.
I was on the lake yesterday, fishing with a couple of guys that want to hunt on some of our ground. he had a 36' cruiser setup for charter fishing. It was fun . We caught 11 Coho, the biggest was 11.5 lbs. The biggest he has seen this season. The water was was very good for boating and we could see a little of the air show practice.