PDA

View Full Version : MADISON RACERS PACK IS OUT!!!

TYPHOON
06-16-2011, 09:54 PM
Martin sent out the racers packet today and it looks very impressive. Aprox $40,000 in purse money. If anyone is interested call Martin for your copy. Maybe someone could post it on here. I dont know how. Call Martin before you do please.:party:
MD

imco offshore
06-16-2011, 10:39 PM
Randy ,i got a letter from OSS saying they were NOT going because no other classes were invited,,,so will you 3 or 4 devide the 40,000

600sci
06-17-2011, 01:17 AM
Randy ,i got a letter from OSS saying they were NOT going because no other classes were invited,,,so will you 3 or 4 devide the 40,000

lol:smash::rolleyes::rofl:

Ryan Beckley
06-20-2011, 07:11 PM
George the letter you got was about Detroit. The packet Randy is talking about is for Madison, Indiana which is a P1 race NOT OSS.

imco offshore
06-21-2011, 03:47 PM
George the letter you got was about Detroit. The packet Randy is talking about is for Madison, Indiana which is a P1 race NOT OSS.

ok my bad ,,sorry ,,so what classes are invited to Madison ? or what classes "CAN" run in Madison... it seems like your putting the" sweet feed " in the stall , after you ran off the horses,, $ 40,000 ?

TYPHOON
06-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Just got back from a OPA race and saw some deleted post. Not sure what was said. George the race is a P1 race with the teams that race his style boats in the P1 rule book. Yes there is aprox $40,000 in purse money to be paid out at the event. Not sure what you mean about horse feed and running off the horses. Its the same deal he told us all over a year ago. Martin now has it together and can start his P1-USA series. Be a part of it or dont. No one is run off and the race will happen like he said it will. If you want to race call him. If not please dont bash his program, just dont respond. The sport is looking for positive people.

SVL66
06-21-2011, 07:46 PM
its not 40,000

its 20,000 for SVS and Evolution class
and 20,000 for the Superstocks

and .....the way i read it, thats not engraved in stone. The word "potential" leads me to that assumption

TYPHOON
06-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Agreed. And after talking with Martin the $40,000 purse is just for the first race. With more comitted race teams the purse will rise even higher. So what comes first? The purse or the racers?
Correct me if Im wrong. has any Org offered so much with such little commitment? What will it take to make believers out of some of you? Has Martin EVER not delivered on what he has said he will do? Has any manufacture lately built a new race hull with a plan? Does any Org have a plan on a true world wide/ USA regional scale to put on a true world event?
The money is there, the sites are there,the rules are there,the TV is there, the sponsores are there,the potential of making history is there. The question is do you want to be there as a racer? We have the golden oppertunity to make it right.
There is nothing wrong with club racing. I have been doing it for years, I WANT MORE FOR ALL OF US !!!!!!
MD

Bilgerat
06-21-2011, 10:35 PM
When you say Martin....You mean Marting Sanborn....Right?

Dunbar 104
06-21-2011, 11:00 PM
So you have the torque sensors now, Or just round 3 of fake racing usa.

ccracing
06-22-2011, 12:56 AM
Blah blah blah!!!!! Same stuff different day !!!!

TYPHOON
06-22-2011, 07:33 PM
CCRACING, I dont know you but you seem to have the pulse on SVL racing. Whats your idea of fair SVL racing?
Spec motors?
Spec ECM's?
Payed at the race site?
TV?
Where and what is your ideal place to race? What are the pro's of where you think the class should race. Im not trying to be funny, just want to here your version of good racing.
I race OPA,SBI,OSS and P1 so I have a little bit of knolage as to what each brings to the plate. Listening to people that have never raced in other org's and bash them is something I find interesting. There is so much bad info out there that some get swayed into believing everything they here. I hope you are more open minded than that.
MD

TYPHOON
06-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Mark, Im sorry you feel that way. There is still OSS with sealed motors and ECM's

XtremeRacing
06-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Is the Detroit race still a go, I heard there was an issue with the sponsor? That is a great race it would suck if that was true.

TYPHOON
06-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Latest info I got was it is full steam ahead. Something like 100 years of history there racing on that weekend. If there are any issues I am sure we would have heard.

XtremeRacing
06-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Cool thanks

Dunbar 104
06-22-2011, 09:44 PM
So is Madison an exhibition, or a real race? I got money riding on the pass for the win in the tech lane.

Racerguymiami
06-22-2011, 11:38 PM
its not 40,000

its 20,000 for SVS and Evolution class
and 20,000 for the Superstocks

and .....the way i read it, thats not engraved in stone. The word "potential" leads me to that assumption

I believe about twenty teams just dragged their boats and equipment across the country to Florida for $0. Actually negative $0 taking into account the expenses. Why? Loyalty to their ORG and they did it to RACE!

There are several SVL's out there and most owners are all over these threads.

So I ask, who's racing this year and where. Who is not racing this year and why not?

Randy, the answer to your question regarding manufactures building boats with a plan. Every other day I'm on the phone with another builder discussing progress with our projects. Among other things unfortunately , we're discussing P-4 and not SVL. I'm not 100% sure of his reasons but I have a house full of kids. I leave the house to go racing to get away from the squabbling.

I find it hard to believe that 10-12 grown men with spec class raceboats cannot stop beating on thier chests long enough to discuss and agree on how, when and where they will all race together.

Racerguymiami
06-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Any SVL owners attending any of these races?

July 1 – 3
Sarasota, Fl
27th Annual Suncoast Super Boat Grand Prix Festival
Aug 5-7 Michigan City, IN
3rd Annual Super Boat Great Lakes Grand Prix
Sept 8-10 New York, NY
21st Annual New York Super Boat Grand Prix – Tribute to 911

Sept 30 – Oct 2
Clearwater, Florida 3rd Annual Clearwater Super Boat National Championship
Nov 6-13 Key West, Florida 31st Annual Key West World Championship

Racerguymiami
06-22-2011, 11:43 PM

Morehead City, NC August 19 - 21

Hoosier Classic Lake Monroe, IN September 16th - 18th

Racerguymiami
06-22-2011, 11:45 PM

ST CLAIR MICHIGAN-JULY-29TH-31ST

PORT HURON MICHIGAN-AUGUST 5TH-7TH

SAYVILLE LONG ISLAND NY-AUGUST 26TH-28TH

**NEW YORK NEW YORK-SEPTEMBER 8TH-10TH**

SOLOMON ISLANDS MARYLAND-SEPTEMBER 23RD-25TH

ORANGE BEACH ALABAMA-OCTOBER 7TH-9TH

Racerguymiami
06-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Or these?

Madison, IN July 1-3
Detroit, MI July 8-10
Morehead City, NC Aug 19-21
Houston, TX Sept 2-4
San Diego, CA Sept 16-18

XtremeRacing
06-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Not sure about some of the other race to early to tell, but u will see 5-6 svl in sarasota. We r talking and will take it one race at a time.

Steve Miklos
06-23-2011, 07:36 AM

July 1 – 3
Sarasota, Fl
27th Annual Suncoast Super Boat Grand Prix Festival
Aug 5-7 Michigan City, IN
3rd Annual Super Boat Great Lakes Grand Prix
Sept 8-10 New York, NY
21st Annual New York Super Boat Grand Prix – Tribute to 911

Sept 30 – Oct 2
Clearwater, Florida 3rd Annual Clearwater Super Boat National Championship
Nov 6-13 Key West, Florida 31st Annual Key West World Championship

We (svl 51) will be in Sarasota, Clearwater and Key West
Steve

XtremeRacing
06-23-2011, 07:59 AM
We (svl 107) will be in Sarasota, Mich, NY, Clearwater, and KW

Frank

Wil Ros
06-23-2011, 01:02 PM
We (svl 51) will be in Sarasota, Clearwater and Key West
Steve

We will be at these races!

Wil

XtremeRacing
06-23-2011, 02:58 PM
We will be at these races!

Wil

Ok boys look out looks like Wil, and Larry are back in the game .....

600sci
06-23-2011, 06:17 PM
i heard maybe of a new TEAM aswell...nothing 100% yet ...but rumors are flying !

Mark & Jenny's boat ??? anybody know ???? :huh:

imco offshore
06-23-2011, 06:27 PM
i heard maybe of a new TEAM aswell...nothing 100% yet ...but rumors are flying !

Mark & Jenny's boat ??? anybody know ???? :huh:

YOUR GONA BE SUPRISED !!:biggrinjester:

SVL 10 IMCO WILL BE AT,,, Sarasota ,,,,Clearwater,,,,,( i wana do n.y ? ),, and Key West

600sci
06-23-2011, 06:35 PM
YOUR GONA BE SUPRISED !!:biggrinjester:

SVL 10 IMCO WILL BE AT,,, Sarasota ,,,,Clearwater,,,,,( i wana do n.y ? ),, and Key West

I know all about it , Kurt told me a looong time ago ..just not which boat !

But hey ..i love theyr effort ! U know if they do make SRQ..u gonna loose , RIGHT !!!! :D

atleast i am getting people involved..cant say anybody does that as much as i do !?

4 people over 3 years and they are all still involved and race, i say im proud of myself and them !...LOL

imco offshore
06-23-2011, 06:44 PM
your right , i will loose,,,damn ,,,i,v lost before ,,but like a cockroach ,,i keep comming back,,,,i have a new driver ,so i need to take time to get use to him,,
tested today ,,went from 55mph to the revlimiter in about 9 sec , i guess something wrong ,,,?

Racerguymiami
06-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Planning on:

Mich City
Morehead City
New York?
Clearwater
OB
Key West

600sci
06-23-2011, 06:48 PM
your right , i will loose,,,damn ,,,i,v lost before ,,but like a cockroach ,,i keep comming back,,,,i have a new driver ,so i need to take time to get use to him,,
tested today ,,went from 55mph to the revlimiter in about 9 sec , i guess something wrong ,,,?

George, i still will never figure out why u take little things like this so damn serious..You and miklos are the 2 best teams out there and Wil...but i do think Mark Niemann is an awsome driver and they should have a HUGE chance... !
I'm just happy for everybody and for the same reason u come back, i do to !
gonna show Will in sarasota my transom..atleast thast the plan in that class !
Can i ...IDK..but shure will try !!

SEE YA THERE !!!!!! :hurray::party:

imco offshore
06-23-2011, 06:53 PM
ALL THE TEAMS AND BOATS COMMING TO SARASOTA ARE THE PREMIER SVL.S OF TODAY ,,, FOR SURE,,,,, it,s all good have fun ,,

XtremeRacing
06-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Well atleast when we get our ass kick it will be by the beast lol !

TYPHOON
06-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Does Sarasota have an aprox $20K purse to be paid to the racers in SVL. Does Sarasorta have free rooms from Thur.-Mon for each team? Will there be TV? The answerer is NO to all the above. If you live in FL. its the best event in town hands down. Just compairing what you get with both org's.
Wild Card FL
Imco FL
Micklos FL
Kool Hand FL
Racer Guy FL
I get it guys. I dont live in FL so others that dont live there chose to follow the money and trying to grow the sport. We cant spend thousands to race with no return. Spending over $5k per event is out of my reach. I need a return.
The best would be a north/south division and race in KW in November but we try that every year and no one shows due to the cost. I GET IT !!!!

600sci
06-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Does Sarasota have an aprox $20K purse to be paid to the racers in SVL. Does Sarasorta have free rooms from Thur.-Mon for each team? Will there be TV? The answerer is NO to all the above. If you live in FL. its the best event in town hands down. Just compairing what you get with both org's.
Wild Card FL
Imco FL
Micklos FL
Kool Hand FL
Racer Guy FL
I get it guys. I dont live in FL so others that dont live there chose to follow the money and trying to grow the sport. We cant spend thousands to race with no return. Spending over $5k per event is out of my reach. I need a return.
The best would be a north/south division and race in KW in November but we try that every year and no one shows due to the cost. I GET IT !!!!

TV..YES, free rooms...if u did your preperations on some local sponsors ..yes, about the purse..IDK !!!! but super boat parade..hot chicks..party's..awsome people, sunshine..gulf of mexico..palm trees..and I BE THERE !!!! NOW WTF do u need more ??? :D:hurray::

Dunbar 104
06-23-2011, 08:41 PM
So Randy are saying cheating is ok as long as every one gets a check?

I meant racing with a cheater, is ok as long as everyone gets an Obama style check.

XtremeRacing
06-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Wild Card FL
Imco FL
Micklos FL
Kool Hand FL
Racer Guy FL

Good luck in Madison should be a great race... we have all chased the rainbow i'm done with that i'm back to basics RACING. APBA (4yrs) SBI (9 yrs) and OPA ( ?) have had TV and by no means is it the awnser and we both know that. Not really sure what you think is any different then when Geico, OSS, APBA, SBI and numberous other had all the awnsers and were going to change the sport NOT. I remember this same conversation not to long ago when we all talked about OSS.I think its all in the past and there is no magic its just racing.

P1 failed in Europe so dont really know what is so different, and i'm not being negative just honest I really truly dont know what is any different this time around. When you talked about OSS it was all about the money and look at it now so I guess its not about the money or all those teams would still be there. I for one dont have the awnser not even close but doing more of the same time after time isnt going to work.

I wish everyone from the bottom of my heard safe racing where ever u race it doesnt really matter we r all just racers and I'm sure one time or another we will all cross paths.

600sci
06-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Good luck in Madison should be a great race... we have all chased the rainbow i'm done with that i'm back to basics RACING. APBA (4yrs) SBI (9 yrs) and OPA ( ?) have had TV and by no means is it the awnser and we both know that. Not really sure what you think is any different then when Geico, OSS, APBA, SBI and numberous other had all the awnsers and were going to change the sport NOT. I remember this same conversation not to long ago when we all talked about OSS.I think its all in the past and there is no magic its just racing.

P1 failed in Europe so dont really know what is so different, and i'm not being negative just honest I really truly dont know what is any different this time around. When you talked about OSS it was all about the money and look at it now so I guess its not about the money or all those teams would still be there. I for one dont have the awnser not even close but doing more of the same time after time isnt going to work.

I wish everyone from the bottom of my heard safe racing where ever u race it doesnt really matter we r all just racers and I'm sure one time or another we will all croos paths.

WELL SAID FRANK !

Steve Miklos
06-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Wild Card FL
Imco FL
Micklos FL
Kool Hand FL
Racer Guy FL

I race offshore boats.
Why would I race in a tiny lake when Sarasota has a race?
I have raced everywhere so it is not about travel, it is about event quality.
Call it what you want but it is not offshore racing.

To me racing a offshore boat in a tiny lake like that to get a check is like being a prostitute. Your doing what you like but not where you like so you get paid top to do it. Close your eyes and shower repeatedly before cashing the check. It will all be better in the future!

In the end the business make no sense at all so please do not tell me you are "building something". You guys are simply taking Asif's money until it dries up.

load. "Aint no rest for wicked" by Cage the elephant turn it up and fade to black

Steve

ccracing
06-24-2011, 12:24 AM
gonna be a blast in sarasota boys!!! boat ran great, me and george are gelling, so looks like good times ahead!!!! everybody travel safe wherever they go and have fun and be safe!!!!! remember the key is get home to your families and real jobs that aloow us to be big spoiled kids!!!! peace out.

XtremeRacing
06-24-2011, 07:26 AM
gonna be a blast in sarasota boys!!! boat ran great, me and george are gelling, so looks like good times ahead!!!! everybody travel safe wherever they go and have fun and be safe!!!!! remember the key is get home to your families and real jobs that aloow us to be big spoiled kids!!!! peace out.

Looking forward to it should be fun, looks like there will be some rookies out there banging around lol. But like u said the important thing is to have some fun with some good friends and all get home safe. Its not about winning or loosing it all about having fun doing what we love to do....:USA:

SVL66
06-24-2011, 07:35 AM
ALL THE TEAMS AND BOATS COMMING TO SARASOTA ARE THE PREMIER SVL.S OF TODAY ,,, FOR SURE,,,,, it,s all good have fun ,,

Get over yourself George..lets see if you can hold on to your partner and finish a rough water race. I sure hope your new old man seat works. There's no crying in boat racing! Good luck and be safe. And dont let the Cubans lap you.

TYPHOON
06-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Mark, No I do not like cheating and dont know who does. Dare Devil, Martin gave the committed race teams free lodging from Thur-Mon. Steve, not sure why you think stadium style racing wont work? Smaller boats with more turns and heat racing sounds like fun exciting racing to me. I have been to my fair share of ocean races that are flat as a lilly pond. And honestly Im tiered of racing for 50 miles and no one changing position. I have dreamed of the day that offshore racing would be at ocean events only and there would be thousands of fans watching and the sponsors would pay enough to have professional teams. Like Frank said and I agree go race where ever you want and have fun at this point. Lets respect each others desions and stop saying why it wont work.
MD

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Detroit stands out as one of my favorites last year. Had rooms paid for at the Westin. We ran the boat { I forget the exact number } 4 or 5 times in two days. We were part of a bigger show with the Hydro's. We watched their main event from the VIP viewing area..Very Cool weekend.

600sci
06-24-2011, 01:31 PM
all this talk about where to race, lets just race ....some day the dream is from all of us to have 1 sanction ONLY and all race together and get paid....we been thru all this same here and there and this and that so many times...LETS JUST RACE AND HAVE FUN !!!!

Remember back in the days///PARTYS where why most went racing and hot chicks...DAMN...we are all getting older !!! LOL:banghead::ack2:

BE SAFE..all of us !:USA:

Wil Ros
06-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Maybe a good place to start is Key West in Nov.

Let's try to get all the SVls to Key West !!!!

We all say things on these boards that we will not say face to face.

Wil

XtremeRacing
06-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Wil,

Count us in for KW ...

TYPHOON
06-24-2011, 05:09 PM
If I can I will be there. Hands down the best race of the year for me. Time and money is all it takes (and a great wife to let you do it)
MD:USA:

imco offshore
06-24-2011, 07:07 PM
darn Bruce ,,i hope you stay 30 for ever ,,, i didn,t i aged,,,couldn,t stop it lol,,,however ,,I NEVER STOPED RACING BECAUSE "" MY HANDS GOT TIRED "" ????? JUST MY BACK !! ,, IMCO didn,t get faster ,by setting in a warehouse ,,,hopeing it would,
Bruce ,,please have a great day ,,

Their is a lot more to fear ,,,Than Hell it,s self...

Bilgerat
07-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Is this happening now? Are there any photos? or another place to view them?

jonesn'
07-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Is this happening now? Are there any photos? or another place to view them?

Looks like Typhoon, Simmons, Pirate so far for svl...found this on the Madison Regatta facebook fan page. Simmons has both boats and Global Warmer also there.

http://m.facebook.com/?w2m&_rdr#!/media/set/?set=a.236320746397937.74748.209532792410066&refid=17

SVL66
07-04-2011, 09:10 AM
:sifone:

Sean Stinson
07-04-2011, 10:21 AM

You know he has been doing that a lot lately...lifting trophys

SVL66
07-04-2011, 10:25 AM
I thought so too. His arms are getting pretty big.

Ratickle
07-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Nice........

Thanks Bruce.....

Bilgerat
07-04-2011, 12:33 PM
That looks like Typhoon, Pirate, Then Simmons ??

600sci
07-04-2011, 12:47 PM
That looks like Typhoon, Pirate, Then Simmons ??

thats what it looks like !

Ratickle
07-04-2011, 03:46 PM

Looks like Jim ran strong in the last heat according to the article......

http://thunderthebridge.blogspot.com/2011/07/sunday-at-madison-regatta.html