PDA

View Full Version : Converting the Pantera

rchevelle71
06-11-2011, 11:21 PM
To seat 5

Got a killer deal on some original Pantera bolsters, so the 3-man is gonna be the new back seat, and the fronts will be standup. THis is just a mockup, the interior is stripped, still gotta cut down the armrests on the 3-man to match the shorter center one, and re-angle tehm to match the rear of the front seat.

600sci
06-12-2011, 02:04 AM
i would of kept it sitdown..since the low freeboard ...BUT IF U LIKE IT !!!! :USA:

Bobcat
06-12-2011, 08:58 AM
I like it, keep the pics coming !

rchevelle71
06-12-2011, 09:10 AM
i would of kept it sitdown..since the low freeboard ...BUT IF U LIKE IT !!!! :USA:

Sitdown was nice, but this is the second 24 Pantera sitdown that I personally know of that beople have come away with lower back issues, me included.

600sci
06-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Sitdown was nice, but this is the second 24 Pantera sitdown that I personally know of that beople have come away with lower back issues, me included.

its all about the seat...mine is like a couch !

rchevelle71
06-12-2011, 09:51 AM
its all about the seat...mine is like a couch !

Your seat is nice, but probably cost more than my boat:D

600sci
06-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Your seat is nice, but probably cost more than my boat:D

no, hell no..it was actually cheap !! kind of build it myslef ( with help of a friend ) and got it covered at PPI !

Think about the saftey Rick...with that freeboard no way i would stick stand ups in there..sell them and for that u can get a new front seat made !

rchevelle71
06-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Got the armrest shortened, ready to go into the backseat. Not professional by any means, but it will do 'til I get the whole interior recoverd.

F1-00 Racing
06-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Rick,

I havent seen him in years, but I think Joe Iglio had stand ups in his 24 that he raced as "Friendship 1". Dont hold me to that, it just looked that way in all the photos I ever saw of it racing.

Looks good cya in a few days

TC

rchevelle71
06-13-2011, 07:21 AM
Rick,

I havent seen him in years, but I think Joe Iglio had stand ups in his 24 that he raced as "Friendship 1". Dont hold me to that, it just looked that way in all the photos I ever saw of it racing.

Looks good cya in a few days

TC

Trent,

A lot of 24's had standups, I think that is where the old saying " looks like a boner in sweatpants" came from:sifone: These are kinda short bolsters, and I have angled footrests, so I wont be truly standing straight up, kinda like in your fountain. All good for SIB??

Rick

F1-00 Racing
06-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Gotcha.. everything is in line for sib, welded the sanford and son trailer so the boat should make it:eek::sifone:(still aggravated that the new one is sitting in Indiana but there is no way to get it to me :rolleyes:) we'll be coming in early(depending on the boss-lady) Thurs morn from Sarasota

Buoy
06-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Trent,

A lot of 24's had standups, I think that is where the old saying " looks like a boner in sweatpants" came from:sifone: These are kinda short bolsters, and I have angled footrests, so I wont be truly standing straight up, kinda like in your fountain. All good for SIB??

Rick

HAHA, "sticking out like a boner in sweat pants"... I still crack up everytime I think of that line.
I would prefer to have stand-ups, but with the freeboard as low as it is in these 24's I'll stick with sit-down.

rchevelle71
06-13-2011, 09:51 PM
HAHA, "sticking out like a boner in sweat pants"... I still crack up everytime I think of that line.
I would prefer to have stand-ups, but with the freeboard as low as it is in these 24's I'll stick with sit-down.

I hear ya, but when the going gets rough, I end up staning anyway, might as wll have the proper seat to do so.

rchevelle71
06-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Gotcha.. everything is in line for sib, welded the sanford and son trailer so the boat should make it:eek::sifone:(still aggravated that the new one is sitting in Indiana but there is no way to get it to me :rolleyes:) we'll be coming in early(depending on the boss-lady) Thurs morn from Sarasota

I'll give ya a call sometime this week, is the formula ready to go?

F1-00 Racing
06-13-2011, 10:47 PM
as long as the pos trailer holds up.....

fund razor
06-14-2011, 06:36 AM
I have the same bolsters (no piping). I like them. Happy medium. Good for stand-up or sit-down. I think you'll like them.

fund razor
07-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Saw that you were going to the keys next week. How did the seats turn out?

rchevelle71
07-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Got them in and functional, but still not finished with trimwork.

OneBadInjun
07-10-2011, 03:33 PM
5 man stand-up with a single outboard...Can't say that I've seen that before...ever. And how, exactly, do you(or anyone) stand up in that back bolster? Am I missing something here?

rchevelle71
07-10-2011, 08:10 PM
5 man stand-up with a single outboard...Can't say that I've seen that before...ever. And how, exactly, do you(or anyone) stand up in that back bolster? Am I missing something here?

2 man standup in front, the old 3-man sitdown is now the back seat.

Buoy
07-10-2011, 10:01 PM

I see where rchevelle is going with this, and I kind of like it.

I think the worst thing I've seen is a few years ago I think it was Formula putting out the boats with 6 stand ups, 3 on each side. Looked ridiculous, and almost like a rollercoaster train - not a performance boat.

rchevelle71
07-11-2011, 08:42 AM
I see where rchevelle is going with this, and I kind of like it.

I think the worst thing I've seen is a few years ago I think it was Formula putting out the boats with 6 stand ups, 3 on each side. Looked ridiculous, and almost like a rollercoaster train - not a performance boat.

Seats are mounted, still kinda tight in the back(and in the front for that matter), but it is a tiny cockpit. I need to move the helm up, I knew it was gonna be kinda low, but it is at my knees:ack2: The only way to gain more room in the back is to move one of the bulkheads back, and change the hatch config. That will be a project for another time. I have thursday and Friday off from work to get a few things done before heading to the keys saturday, but it will NOT be 100% before then. Still missing a few pieces such as Trim panels for along the gunwales, and the seat bottoms for the back seat. Those I needed to fabricate. I cut the wood yesterday, and had some white vinyl in the garage, but it really didnt match, and want to do it right, I will be ordering some samples today to try to match.

mdkeywest
07-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Seats are mounted, still kinda tight in the back(and in the front for that matter), but it is a tiny cockpit. I need to move the helm up, I knew it was gonna be kinda low, but it is at my knees:ack2: The only way to gain more room in the back is to move one of the bulkheads back, and change the hatch config. That will be a project for another time. I have thursday and Friday off from work to get a few things done before heading to the keys saturday, but it will NOT be 100% before then. Still missing a few pieces such as Trim panels for along the gunwales, and the seat bottoms for the back seat. Those I needed to fabricate. I cut the wood yesterday, and had some white vinyl in the garage, but it really didnt match, and want to do it right, I will be ordering some samples today to try to match.

Hey ! Rick , It,ll look great and will function i,m sure . Everything you did on that pantera over the years has turn out quite well .
Dont let anyone get you to second guess youreself .

Wish you were comin down a little further , Like key west ,id love to see see all youre hard work in person . :seeya:

rchevelle71
07-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Hey ! Rick , It,ll look great and will function i,m sure . Everything you did on that pantera over the years has turn out quite well .
Dont let anyone get you to second guess youreself .

Wish you were comin down a little further , Like key west ,id love to see see all youre hard work in person . :seeya:

Mike,

Thanks for the compliments, nothing is perfect, but I do all of my own work. One of these days I'll get it down to Key West, for me Key west is not really a boat friendly town, I dont have gobs of $$ to pull up in the fancy marinas and get a slip, plus I dont like leaving it in the water overnight(bottom is paint rather than gel). We took Tim's 28 down one year, and couldnt even find a place that would let us dock for lunch. I would rather do the crawl, see ya at Ricks:biggrinjester:

Rick

600sci
07-11-2011, 04:33 PM
oh...come on Rick..ya know u suck..LOLOLOLOL:boobflash::sifone:

Ratickle
07-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the compliments, nothing is perfect, but I do all of my own work. One of these days I'll get it down to Key West, for me Key west is not really a boat friendly town, I dont have gobs of $$ to pull up in the fancy marinas and get a slip, plus I dont like leaving it in the water overnight(bottom is paint rather than gel). We took Tim's 28 down one year, and couldnt even find a place that would let us dock for lunch. I would rather do the crawl, see ya at Ricks:biggrinjester:

Rick

If you change your mind, get hold of Bobcat and he should know all the best places to hide your baby down there for semi-reasonable.....

rchevelle71
07-12-2011, 07:57 AM
If you change your mind, get hold of Bobcat and he should know all the best places to hide your baby down there for semi-reasonable.....

Yup,

Like I said one of these days I'll get it down there, problem is I usually only get that far south in November for the races, and at that point boating would take up too much of my drinking time:cheers2: We'll be on the Holiday isle sandbar this saturday for sure though, running down from Homestead:sifone: