PDA

View Full Version : Nice little test run esterday on Lake Michigan

teamsynergy
05-22-2011, 07:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ThJdKDXOQI

I hadn't got my AFR#'s yet after the rebuilds so I threw the Innovate LM-2 on and gotem'. On the wat back, a nasty little storm wa approaching so we hammered down... BTW, the water is freaking cold.... did some speed testing... props turning in - 92...93MPH, turning out, 88....89MPH. I was too lazy to take it back to the trailer so I hopped in and swapped them... .OMG....These are with my merc labbed 32's. Gonna be giving Brett a call...

Enjoy the video and the whine....

Ratickle
05-22-2011, 10:50 AM
You went in the lake??????:eek:

It'll be summer before you can pizz standing up again........:(

Looks like a nice run, congrats.....

Bobcat
05-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Shrinkage !

PARADOX
05-22-2011, 01:05 PM
LMAO I know the Mich. conditions. Cold until August, storm comes in from nowhere.
I think it was 1982-83 ish ?, New years, got to 65 Deg.+ ... I took my little 16' Hustler out of hybornation and went skiing in 32.1 deg. water. 2.5 minutes, my knees were purple, and I never been so cold in my life. But I water skied on New Years day in Chicago. :)

Ratickle
05-22-2011, 03:59 PM
LMAO I know the Mich. conditions. Cold until August, storm comes in from nowhere.
I think it was 1982-83 ish ?, New years, got to 65 Deg.+ ... I took my little 16' Hustler out of hybornation and went skiing in 32.1 deg. water. 2.5 minutes, my knees were purple, and I never been so cold in my life. But I water skied on New Years day in Chicago. :)

Amazing what you do when you're young and foolish......

teamsynergy
05-22-2011, 05:42 PM
You went in the lake??????:eek:

It'll be summer before you can pizz standing up again........:(

Looks like a nice run, congrats.....

Yeah, I made sure I got as shallow as possible lol... I have been fighting kidney stones since 5/13. Had one surgically removed on 5/18, still have one 8mm left in there. The 5mm one had gotten stuck in tube between the kidney and bladder... Could pee anymore... so they went up the... well... the... hole... scoped it and pulled out the 5mm. Tried to get the 8mm but 6 of the 8 passages were empty in the kidney, it must be hiding in the two they cant get to. When they were done... they put a stent going from my kidney to my bladder to make sure the tube wouldn't swell shut. Doc told me I would be up and moving in a day... yeah.... I was moving but felt like someone beat the **** out of my kidney... razor blades when pissing, plus OMG kidney pain. not to meantion the two little threads handing out of my you know... nicknamed them ripcords... apparently that is what they used to pull the stent out... oh... the last week and a half has been hell so 44 degree water ain't ****! lol

Bobcat
05-22-2011, 06:32 PM
I'll never complain again!:eek:

Ratickle
05-22-2011, 06:33 PM
8mm is friggin huge.......:eek::eek:

fund razor
05-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Dam. No wonder the cold water wasn't an issue. :o

Hurts me to read it. :(

"Get well" soon. :)

teamsynergy
05-22-2011, 06:56 PM
I took a pic of the stent after they removed it... lol - Note the two strings... the curls are to keep it LOCKED in the kidney and bladder... WTF!!?? also, the variety of pills... vocodin, percecet, valium, xanax, cypro, flowmax, tordol, ibuprofen, and zorfran. I had two trips to the ER after the surgery, the pain was so intense, couldn't walk and thought I was dying. Now I have had my share of pain.. like when I used to race jet-ski's, came around a corner and got t-boned at 60... snapped the tip of my fibula off. Finished the race and won... was only off 3 weeks and was back at it... I had a title to protect lol... Enjoy the pics... FYI, I decided not to post the 3" hole in the side of my leg from the racing... firgure the ripcord pic was enough lol...

Here is a pic from 2001 - sponsor photoshoot....

Bobcat
05-22-2011, 11:04 PM
I thank you for the whole website for not posting those photo's !:sifone:

PlumCrazy
05-23-2011, 10:01 AM
How much power are those engines making?

rschap1
05-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Expressions on the wife and daughter look ALOT like every time I was in my old Powerquest with my wife and young son.
She/they always said they loved the boat and had fun...but even when getting onto plane, there were always screams of terror:(
Pontoon came after selling the PQ...within months I was hearing how they missed the fast boat though.
Dam_'d if I do, Dam_'d if I don't...

Hopefully when things warm up, you'll be seeing BIG smiles next to you!!

teamsynergy
05-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Expressions on the wife and daughter look ALOT like every time I was in my old Powerquest with my wife and young son.
She/they always said they loved the boat and had fun...but even when getting onto plane, there were always screams of terror:(
Pontoon came after selling the PQ...within months I was hearing how they missed the fast boat though.
Dam_'d if I do, Dam_'d if I don't...

Hopefully when things warm up, you'll be seeing BIG smiles next to you!!

Actually it was the bits of rain that they didn't like. Both of them love the speed... It's just the liquid needles hurt at 90 lol

teamsynergy
05-23-2011, 01:01 PM
How much power are those engines making?

I never dynoed them when I was done but we calculated low 700 each...

PlumCrazy
05-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Nice! How does the hull handle at those speeds?

Magic Medicine
05-23-2011, 04:00 PM

I riden on the boat running mid 80's in decent water and the boat handles great. The boat rides like a smaller straight bottom top gun. Really nice running hull in my opinion!

Twin Whackas
05-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Good numbers Todd. If this dang weather ever warms up we all need to meet up and do some boating.
I did my shake down run on Pine Lake and ran good, so should be good to go.
I'll have my new props this week and going to run them to see if they need to go to BBlades or not.

MacGyver
05-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Nice run. Only thing I would have liked to see was you wearing your lanyards :toetap05:

teamsynergy
05-23-2011, 05:01 PM

Straight and smooth.... :cheers2:

redhotsommer
05-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Just picked up a set of Bravo 30s to try from Airmarine. Getting my drives from Den tonight. Talked to Dave Saturday, he was finishing up the wiring harness on the second motor and making braided stainless oil lines for them. Supposed to be dropping them in as I type. Testing this weekend up in Holland.

I'm starting to get excited.

B.Z.
05-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Man are you sure that was Lake Michigan it looked WAY to flat for the big pond!!!

Wrinkleface
05-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Cool!!

teamsynergy
05-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Man are you sure that was Lake Michigan it looked WAY to flat for the big pond!!!

Yeah, take it when we can get it lol... lake was like glass....

teamsynergy
05-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Nice run. Only thing I would have liked to see was you wearing your lanyards :toetap05:

Actually... They are always clipped to my board shorts on the side of my pocket... even that day. I am very strict with that... but thats for the comment...

teamsynergy
05-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Good numbers Todd. If this dang weather ever warms up we all need to meet up and do some boating.
I did my shake down run on Pine Lake and ran good, so should be good to go.
I'll have my new props this week and going to run them to see if they need to go to BBlades or not.

Sweet! I hope the weather clears for the weekend... I want to make a run to a couple ports.... Andy, Da Mike's, BZ... you guys game to do some runnin'?? I can bring the DSLR and get some decent pics if the lake is decent...

Twin Whackas
05-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Todd,
Where did you launch out of?

B.Z.
05-23-2011, 10:05 PM
I am in but it's not up to me......it's all up to mother nature!!!

teamsynergy
05-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Todd,
Where did you launch out of?

We went from SJ... Had a customers boat up there that I had to finish up some stuff on so it was a perfect place...

dykstra
05-24-2011, 08:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ThJdKDXOQI

I hadn't got my AFR#'s yet after the rebuilds so I threw the Innovate LM-2 on and gotem'. On the wat back, a nasty little storm wa approaching so we hammered down... BTW, the water is freaking cold.... did some speed testing... props turning in - 92...93MPH, turning out, 88....89MPH. I was too lazy to take it back to the trailer so I hopped in and swapped them... .OMG....These are with my merc labbed 32's. Gonna be giving Brett a call...

Enjoy the video and the whine....

I love that video!!! We are expecting our daughter on July 21st. I can only imagine she will be holding onto my wife like your kid! Great video and love the blower whine!!:sifone:

teamsynergy
05-24-2011, 10:29 AM
I love that video!!! We are expecting our daughter on July 21st. I can only imagine she will be holding onto my wife like your kid! Great video and love the blower whine!!:sifone:

LOL... normally my daughter is facing forward and ALWAYS with my wife. On a side note, she loves to go fast... just like her dad lol

Bradz
05-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Wow! You were hauling with that boat. Great sound in the video too. Bring it up to the NIOC Poker Run on Lake Michigan July 15th-16th.

teamsynergy
05-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Wow! You were hauling with that boat. Great sound in the video too. Bring it up to the NIOC Poker Run on Lake Michigan July 15th-16th.

Brad,
Thanks for the info... Looks like a cool time, we'll see what pans out for time and if I can swing it... we'll be there.

Cig Flat Deck
05-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Looks and sounds sweet. Everyone should have blowers. Just waiting for that ride

Twin Whackas
05-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Looks and sounds sweet. Everyone should have blowers. Just waiting for that ride

Everyone should have 2 stroke whackas. They keep the mosquito population down. :cheers2: