PDA

View Full Version : I am PI$$ED off...

MILD THUNDER
03-04-2011, 06:51 PM
I sent my dash and throttles to Kevin Guenther from the old Team Marine. Apparently team marine itself is no longer in business, but Kevin now owns a powdercoating business, same place where "team Marine" was based out of. Read so much good stuff about his work, and several friends have used him with no issues.

Sent him my stuff a week before christmas. Figured with the holidays and what not, everyone shuts down, so mid- january i contact him for a status update. He said he was really busy, but would make it a priority to get my stuff done by the end of that work week, and ship it out. That was the last i heard from him. Must have left him a dozen voicemails since then, and about 15 emails. I can deal with someone not getting back to me for a few days. I understand business can be hectic. But almost 7 weeks!!!!! Not a return call, email, nothing. Nada.

My last several messages were stating that if they are not done, then just send them back to me, and i'll get them done locally. Not looking forward to a drive up to Lacrosse Wisconsin, but looks like a road trip is in order next week.

redhotsommer
03-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Dude that SUCKS. He did mine in like two weeks. I feel bad for recommending him now... :(

MILD THUNDER
03-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Dude that SUCKS. He did mine in like two weeks. I feel bad for recommending him now... :(

Don't feel bad at all Mike. I know several other people who dealt with him, including Ryan, and everyone had good service and results. The only thing that changed, from what i have read is that when "Team Marine" was still in business, there was another owner involved. That guy passed away a couple years ago. After he passed, Team Marine was no longer in business. Kevin however started "Premier Powdercoating".

Funny part is, when we were exchanging emails about color options and stuff before I shipped the items, the responses via email were no longer than a couple hours. Somehow now i cant get a response in 7 weeks now that he has my stuff. :mad:

SC288
03-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Sorry to hear that Joe. I have been there before with different parts and pieces of my boats over the years....it seems like if a person could run a full service marina that offered various services like upholstery, covers etc. that was honest on leadtimes they could do very very well! We have a local upholstery guy that does awesome work but he takes on about 10 times to much work and in the end pisses all of his customers off because he never get's the job done when he said he would.

WETTE VETTE
03-04-2011, 10:54 PM
For that reason I try to do business within a couple hour drive. If I get uneasy I'll take a ride and show up unannounced on a Tuesday morning. Hopefully it all works out for ya.

ICDEDPPL
03-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Thats unacceptable at this point it would seem like he stole your stuff.
Don`t these people know theres this thing called the internet and one pissed off customer can result in lots of lost future business?

OBNOXUS
03-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Ouch,,,,, that sucks

MILD THUNDER
03-05-2011, 02:34 AM
Thats unacceptable at this point it would seem like he stole your stuff.
Don`t these people know theres this thing called the internet and one pissed off customer can result in lots of lost future business?

Exactly. His website appears to be up and running fine. High level of customer service it says.......

http://www.premierpowdercoating.net/Premier_Powdercoating/Welcome.html

Magic Medicine
03-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Joey,

Let me know if you need me to make a ride with you!

Magic Medicine
03-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Sorry to hear that Joe. I have been there before with different parts and pieces of my boats over the years....it seems like if a person could run a full service marina that offered various services like upholstery, covers etc. that was honest on leadtimes they could do very very well! We have a local upholstery guy that does awesome work but he takes on about 10 times to much work and in the end pisses all of his customers off because he never get's the job done when he said he would.

Agreed, Palmer:cuss:

OBNOXUS
03-05-2011, 09:06 AM
I just sent him an email,,,lets fill his inbox with emails to send Joe back his parts

ICDEDPPL
03-05-2011, 10:29 AM
I just sent him an email,,,lets fill his inbox with emails to send Joe back his parts

Done!

You`re very patient Joe I would have been up there with my FAL making swiss cheese out of that shop by now.

I had to make my way into some secure offices downtown one time to get my web site files a certain web hosting co. was holding hostage. The look on those pricks faces was priceless and boy did I get them files back quick.

BTW, I use Lo-Ko Coatings in Oak Lawn for powdercoating, never had any issues, they do great work too.

J-Bonz
03-05-2011, 01:30 PM

If I lived closer, I would have checked in on it for ya...
Jr.

MILD THUNDER
03-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Interesting day. Ended up locating a used black dash panel, and a set of throttles at a good price from a Marina in michigan who had them laying around. Worked out a deal on them, figuring at least i can get them going, until something comes about with my original stuff. Hang up the phone with the marina in michigan, and not an hour later i get a email from the powdercoater, that my stuff is almost finished. Dash panels are done, waiting on primer for the throttles, then they will be shipped. Almost 2 months with no response, and the day i make arrangments for replacements, he gets back to me.

SOOO, looks like i will have a spare dash panel and spare set of throttles now!

Magic Medicine
03-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Interesting day. Ended up locating a used black dash panel, and a set of throttles at a good price from a Marina in michigan who had them laying around. Worked out a deal on them, figuring at least i can get them going, until something comes about with my original stuff. Hang up the phone with the marina in michigan, and not an hour later i get a email from the powdercoater, that my stuff is almost finished. Dash panels are done, waiting on primer for the throttles, then they will be shipped. Almost 2 months with no response, and the day i make arrangments for replacements, he gets back to me.

SOOO, looks like i will have a spare dash panel and spare set of throttles now!

Can't you canel the order

Spudsbud
03-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Post his email here..... I was just thinking of sending him some business after the referrals here.
I'll look elsewhere now & let him know why. All my buddies as well..........

specialk
03-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Post his email here..... I was just thinking of sending him some business after the referrals here.
I'll look elsewhere now & let him know why. All my buddies as well..........

Better let joe get his stuff back first...

MILD THUNDER
03-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Better let joe get his stuff back first...

:iagree:

600sci
03-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Guys, i think you need to read his post again? He wants to send him an e-mail to tell him to go F*** himself and take his bussines else where. Thats how i read it!

MILD THUNDER
03-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Guys, i think you need to read his post again? He wants to send him an e-mail to tell him to go F*** himself and take his bussines else where. Thats how i read it!

I see what he meant, but what we were saying was that he still has my panels and throttles. So might be a good idea to not tell him to f" off at least until my stuff gets returned to me! :p

Kool-Aid Man
03-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Ever get your dash back?

MILD THUNDER
05-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Update. Still no dash, no throttles. This guy is a real piece of work. Talked to a local sheriff Leutenient up in his county. Funny how I can't get a email or response from him via phone, but the sheriff called him, and was able to reach him on the first try. He tells the Sheriff that he had some issues getting them completed and looking good, and that he was going to send them out the next day. That was 2 weeks ago.

He will have a visitor next week. I am not gonna be in a real good mood after driving 600+ miles to get my $hit. I am really hoping he isn't around, and there is some lackey around the shop to give me my stuff. If i have to see this guys face, I will definitly snap in a half a second.

I would rather have a guy tell me, "Joe, I sold your stuff because i needed money for my Crack Cocaine addiction", then give me the BS runaround and dodge my calls. I'd have more respect for the crack addict.

teamsynergy
05-07-2011, 12:42 AM
No $hit!... That sucks Joe... strap a go pro on so we can see his reaction...

Magic Medicine
05-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Where he this guys shop at? Let's /uck with him.

Tony M
05-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Where he this guys shop at? Let's /uck with him. Man! It's Even Hard For Me To Understand ! :biggrinjester:.

600sci
05-07-2011, 01:59 PM
WOW, just send somebody there to get your stuff...and also some credit !

redhotsommer
05-07-2011, 06:52 PM
That is F'n ridiculous.

10x
05-07-2011, 08:28 PM
I see what he meant, but what we were saying was that he still has my panels and throttles. So might be a good idea to not tell him to f" off at least until my stuff gets returned to me! :p

Yup, good thinkin !!. :cool:

MILICEVICGM
05-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Joe,
Take your stuff to GORILLA POWDER COATING in Crestwood ( 708-388 2898. Greg is a boat owner and does excellent job. At the same time check out his Magnum.

G.

MILD THUNDER
05-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Well, as of todays response, panels and throttles are powdercoated. Engraving machine is "broken", so, I will need to get that done elsewere. Supposed to be shipped out today.

Emailed Fred@livorsi, and they won't engrave the panels, because they say that their machine has been known to screw up, and ruin the powdercoating. Then they would have to redo the powdercoating.

I dont understand how something so simple has become such a royal P.I.T.A!

Does anyone know of any place locally that can engrave these things for me!

teamsynergy
05-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Well at least that is sorta good news... only took how long??

MILD THUNDER
05-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Well at least that is sorta good news... only took how long??

Only 5 months :(. I will be happy once the panels and throttles are back in my possession though.

teamsynergy
05-12-2011, 06:50 PM
good point.. he'll probably ship them Canada post... they still deliver by horse right? I say another 2 months.. kidding... hope you get them soon.

MILD THUNDER
05-18-2011, 07:10 AM
Panels and throttles came yesterday. He didn't charge me for the powdercoat work. They look good, not 100%, but good. Either way, glad to have them back.

Magic Medicine
05-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Panels and throttles came yesterday. He didn't charge me for the powdercoat work. They look good, not 100%, but good. Either way, glad to have them back.

Well thats good I guess? At least you have them

ICDEDPPL
05-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Sue him for stress pain and suffering:26:

rschap1
05-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Good Luck with the engraving and the rest of it
Congrats on the recovery!!

Donskihp
05-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Glad to here you got the parts back! Hopefully enough people have read this thread to stay away from that company, and with a little word of mouth that guy will loose a lot of work.

MILD THUNDER
05-19-2011, 06:04 AM
Thanks guys!