PDA

View Full Version : Carrera SS7M Questions

paston1
01-12-2011, 09:54 AM
I have posted a few times about the boat we acquired. We are in the process of putting the 1979 Carrera SS7m back together and would like input from what other owners have to say about whats good and bad.

What we have now:
1979 Carrera SS7M
502 MPI
TRS with nose cone
Bennet Tabs
Stand Up Bolsters (original and ratty)
Rear Bench ( which had to be modified to clear the MPI)
Paint is rough (been repainted many moons ago)

I would like to go back to a carb set up, to keep the originality of the boat. And go to a 2 forward - 2 rear bolster set up.

I might poker run the boat a little but nothing real serious. Any Ideas are appreciated

Bobcat
01-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Make sure you take lots of pics and post them as you go Please !

htrdlncn
01-13-2011, 01:08 AM
What did you want to know?

paston1
01-13-2011, 02:10 PM
I guess I am just looking for input more or less. Pics of other Carrera's. Pro's and Con's of setups, what guys would or wouldnt do with this boat.

htrdlncn
01-16-2011, 12:21 PM
There have been endless combos run in the Carrera 24s,
I have seen everything from twin straight 6cyl Mercruisers , single and twin outboards,to single monster bigblock to even a couple with twin smallblocks, Overall the most balanced package is a single big block. There isnt much you cant do with it depending on your driving skill, the 24 raced and won many offshore titles back in the late 79s early 80s
and is still very competitive today in the P series racing.
I have some pictures on my page as well
www.damncarrera.com
please keep us updated on progress and feel free to ask anything you need to know.

h2oMag
01-16-2011, 01:33 PM
I have posted a few times about the boat we acquired. We are in the process of putting the 1979 Carrera SS7m back together and would like input from what other owners have to say about whats good and bad.

What we have now:
1979 Carrera SS7M
502 MPI
TRS with nose cone
Bennet Tabs
Stand Up Bolsters (original and ratty)
Rear Bench ( which had to be modified to clear the MPI)
Paint is rough (been repainted many moons ago)

I would like to go back to a carb set up, to keep the originality of the boat. And go to a 2 forward - 2 rear bolster set up.

I might poker run the boat a little but nothing real serious. Any Ideas are appreciated

Gibby's old boat ????? :cheers2:

MOBILEMERCMAN
01-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Is that what a 32 Hustler was stretched from?.. Sure looks like it.

htrdlncn
01-16-2011, 07:37 PM
the 24 was a 24x7
Carrera sold the molds to Scorpion which made the 24ss
then the molds disappeared.
Been a couple threads on people searching for them but noone has found them.
Last sighting was in houston area some 15-20 years ago.

paston1
01-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Yep. It is Gib's old boat. Still looks like that. Most likely going to keep the paint scheme. It needs a new interior which I am in the process of doing. Gib had the engine swapped to the MPI 502. I believe wew are going to go back to a carb setup just to keep with the correctness of the period.