Sarasota
Gold Cup
St Clair
Clearwater
Key West

with one or 2 more if possible

SVL66
11-21-2010, 06:41 PM
too early for that Pete. However, All great sites for sure.

Pete B
11-21-2010, 07:00 PM
wishful thinking, I know there are a lot of internal issues to take care of, as well as no one wants their feelings hurt.

imco offshore
11-21-2010, 08:24 PM
bruce is right ,way to early to tell ,,,but the dates will be a big consideration too Pete ..most can.t have to many to close together,,WORK PLAYS A ROLL..

capthump1
11-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Don't forget P1 is supposed to take flight next season. Aren't they putting a schedule together for SVL?

Mike A.
11-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Don't forget P1 is supposed to take flight next season. Aren't they putting a schedule together for SVL?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :_boobies:

MANITIE
11-23-2010, 03:35 PM
I think Smitty mention that in order for the teams to recieve prise money they would have to committ to at least 5 OPA race sites....I could be wrong but I thought I read that somewhere....

Ratickle
11-23-2010, 03:37 PM
I think Smitty mention that in order for the teams to recieve prise money they would have to committ to at least 5 OPA race sites....I could be wrong but I thought I read that somewhere....

Yes he did....

Pete B
11-23-2010, 03:43 PM

That phrase " Show me the Money" is going to come into play here before long!

Wahoo 214
11-23-2010, 05:50 PM

I would guess it will go more like " show me the boats and you will get paid after 5 events". Afterall the Orgs are investing in the class.

MANITIE
11-23-2010, 06:14 PM

Pete, I think you would have to argree in this case...
OPA is taking on a big task here in getting the SVL class back on track,
I would think if OPA is going to take control of the rules and carry them out like the SVL racers want...I would think the class would run the 5 race requirment that is being asked....

imco offshore
11-23-2010, 06:43 PM
i believe he will do what he says,,,after all he .is still putting time to salvage us ,,were in good shape here ,,and the future looks bright..

Pete B
11-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Just my opinion , but havent they already made rules for SVL?? and if they have I would say they did so without a commitment of 5 races. so the next thing would be show the money, as the 2011 season gets closer all the organizations will try and up the next one.
SVL is a hot commodity when compared to other classes, ie not everyone can drop half a million to race SC.

Just curious what have they invested in this class??? did they buy data loggers?? Hire qualified inspectors to do before and after tear down inspections???

Lets be realistic here, they have come to the table with a offer and that's about it. Talk
is about all, and you all should know talk is very cheap, just look at the last 7 or 8 years! just sayin.

XtremeRacing
11-23-2010, 07:01 PM
The SBI races will be open to any boats that want to race what ever races they want to race same as always. The SVL class has to get strong and stable again, it will take time but they are a tight group of racers. With the SVL reg. in KW we hope to see a few more. SVL had some great races day after day and put on a hell of a show. Look forward to a lot more of that this yr.

The revised SBI rules will be out soon and the schedule is set, it will be time to rock and roll soon.

Cocoa Beach would be a hell of a place to bust it open, I know George and Steve are ready.

Pete B
11-23-2010, 07:08 PM
The SBI races will be open to any boats that want to race what ever races they want to race same as always. The SVL class has to get strong and stable again, it will take time but they are a tight group of racers. With the SVL reg. in KW we hope to see a few more. SVL had some great races day after day and put on a hell of a show. Look forward to a lot more of that this yr.

The revised SBI rules will be out soon and the schedule is set, it will be time to rock and roll soon.

Cocoa Beach would be a hell of a place to bust it open, I know George and Steve are ready.

Thats the point of my previous post, there are a lot of great race sites some are just better venues than others for various reasons!

MANITIE
11-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Just my opinion , but havent they already made rules for SVL?? and if they have I would say they did so without a commitment of 5 races. so the next thing would be show the money, as the 2011 season gets closer all the organizations will try and up the next one.
SVL is a hot commodity when compared to other classes, ie not everyone can drop half a million to race SC.

Just curious what have they invested in this class??? did they buy data loggers?? Hire qualified inspectors to do before and after tear down inspections???

Lets be realistic here, they have come to the table with a offer and that's about it. Talk
is about all, and you all should know talk is very cheap, just look at the last 7 or 8 years! just sayin.

I agree talk is talk...
But I think all year there was no rules set in stone in 2010...
It sounds like the orgs are going to put out the rules and enforce them...
Don't know about tech and how that will all play out....I quess will just have to wait and see what there going to do.....
But in the end..I'm sure if the SVL teams don't like what they see...they won't show....

Pete B
11-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Rules are one thing enforcing them is another, the best rules in the world arent worth a $hit if they are not enforced.

Ron P
11-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Pete, that was the problem. The rules were written but the class wanted to allow non conforming boats to race in order to increase boat count. Great, but now they want rules that will allow ALL SVL boats to race against each other on a fair and level playing field without the need to go back to Mercury every time a seal needs to be broken.

Give Smitty and JC a few more weeks to come out with a new set of rules that takes into account all the different versions of engines and hulls. I think we all want the same thing - parity and close racing between a group of evenly matched race boats, both new and old....while still based on the equipment that is already in place.

Ratickle
11-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Give Smitty and JC a few more weeks to come out with a new set of rules that takes into account all the different versions of engines and hulls. I think we all want the same thing - parity and close racing between a group of evenly matched race boats, both new and old....while still based on the equipment that is already in place.

It would also be nice if the rules were such that SV, Cat Lite and SVL all had the same propulsion options.

Ron P
11-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Why? Cat Lite runs a crashbox and #6 drive.

Ratickle
11-24-2010, 03:40 AM
Why? Cat Lite runs a crashbox and #6 drive.

Because the engine tech rules, expenses, build requirements, and rules would all be the same and the classes could work together to improve policement and developement.

Pete B
11-24-2010, 08:19 AM
[QUOTE]The rules were written but the class wanted to allow non conforming boats to race/QUOTE]

besides the fountain what other boats??? and as far as illegal, it is the motor compartment that made it illegal. and that is where enforcement is most needed in all classes. If builder a gets a mile or 2 an hour on a new hull he is working his A$$ off to find it. Not the engine builder, he looks to the rules to where it would benefit him, knowing tech will not find it.

imco offshore
11-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Pete your right ,,Gino and Polli are wrong ,,THE CLASS HAD RULES, we all ran by for 6 years ,( UNTILL THE FOUNTAIN :beatdeadhorse5: ) EACH OWNER KNEW THE RULES and we all ran by them ,,( untill the fountain ) the class all got along ( UNTILL THE FOUNTAIN ) some rules were a gentelmens agreement which all worked fine with the class (UNTILL THE FOUNTAIN ) the problem was,, a soft spoken ," i,ll " give you the world,," he " gave you the world,,promis of granduer ,,we got lost ,,i did not know ,, give me a pass ,,i,ll race with you the rest of the year,,I,ll get you a race site,,,
Cheating Fountain got caught by the public in K.W. and their was no way to sweep it under the rug ,, Sorry
just when I thought I was out ,,,,,they drag me back in,, ( my best dago accent)

Pete B
11-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Rules are one thing, enforcement is the other.

I did not start this thread to hash out what the Fountain or any other team did to enhance their chances of winning, But as Organizations vet teams to race their series because they have rules is simply silly. We all know boat count is as important to the race producer as it is to True Competitors! The sport in whole has always been marred by poor sportsmanship, poor winners, as well as poor loser's.

The group as a whole including the Fountain and any other intrested parties need to sit down, have a mediator, and find solutions to the various issues and move forward with rules, race sites. IMO a outside source for engine inspections, not someone that has been in the mix for ever, and races.

The growth of the sport has been non existent for so long due to the names of the organisations changing, but those affliated have not!

earthwerks
11-24-2010, 11:02 AM
My new SVL will fit with in the rules of the organization that I am racing in and i could give a flying f#@$ what any of the other teams think!

SVL66
11-24-2010, 12:07 PM
My new SVL will fit with in the rules of the organization that I am racing in and i could give a flying f#@$ what any of the other teams think!

Good luck with that:eek:

Ron P
11-24-2010, 12:15 PM
George, you are correct, the class HAD rules. But during 2010 the rules were relaxed to allow Time Bandit and Sun Print to run as a legal SVL during 2010 so you could have a bigger boat count in the class. Not saying it was a bad move, just trying to answer Pete's question. Plus we asked the class for a 2010 rule book many times and it was never delivered. Lets just say everyone made mistakes in 2010 and leave it at that.

For the class to grow and prosper, a clear set of defined rules are needed.

Paul to answer your question, CL is staying with the Mercury only rebuild and sealing package. They don't mind spending the extra money and seem to like the program that they've been racing under all along.

Ron P
11-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Because the engine tech rules, expenses, build requirements, and rules would all be the same and the classes could work together to improve policement and developement.

That was the plan when the Merc 525 sealed engine program was originally introduced.

Steve Miklos
11-24-2010, 12:24 PM
That was the plan when the Merc 525 sealed engine program was originally introduced.

In reality the Mercury sealed engine program failed. There were no checks and balances and the system failed. THE LLC had a sealed engine program that allowed multiple vendors to compete no just for the wins but also for marketshare.

Onsite support from the Certification company (CRE/Innovation) Mercury and GM kept everybody honest. This gave the racers not only engine choices but for the first time ever Mercury gave the racers a little compensation back to compete against GM contingency program.

If you read my post's I have been telling anyone who would listen since mid season 2004 there were seals available and hot ECM's being used.

Steve

imco offshore
11-24-2010, 12:47 PM
George, you are correct, the class HAD rules. But during 2010 the rules were relaxed to allow Time Bandit and Sun Print to run as a legal SVL during 2010 so you could have a bigger boat count in the class. Not saying it was a bad move, just trying to answer Pete's question. Plus we asked the class for a 2010 rule book many times and it was never delivered. Lets just say everyone made mistakes in 2010 and leave it at that.

For the class to grow and prosper, a clear set of defined rules are needed.

Paul to answer your question, CL is staying with the Mercury only rebuild and sealing package. They don't mind spending the extra money and seem to like the program that they've been racing under all along.

if your talking about the VORTEC it really never was out,,I was the last to move over to Merc ,,but Bob and Steve were always still eligable to race,,so we did not relax anything,, either way ,,what s your point here,?

Ron P
11-24-2010, 01:28 PM
My point is, rules for SVL (at least in OPA) were never clearly defined in 2010. That is what Smitty is working on now.

imco offshore
11-24-2010, 01:43 PM
great ,,i,m sure we will be ok ,,,looking foward to 2011 ,,I HAVE A DREAM ,,

Pete B
11-24-2010, 01:52 PM
My point is, rules for SVL (at least in OPA) were never clearly defined in 2010. That is what Smitty is working on now.

Unless all the SVL teams commit to running OPA, what is the point?
The SVL's as a group, and anyone intrested in running with them in OPA, SBI, ABC, ETC need to be the same! This would be the best avenue for all racing and those thinking of racing. why not base it like the Stock Outboards,
their class is recognised around the world.

2TR
11-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Unless all the SVL teams commit to running OPA, what is the point?

Well how will the SVL's know if the OPA is something they want to move forward on with out some rules to look at first?

If the SVL's don't like the rules they don't have to run with the OPA. They can race SBI or OSS.

Choice is a beautiful thing. :sifone:

imco offshore
11-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Pete thanks ,but I don,t think were ready for world wide recognition..we need to regroup right here,,we have 8 svl,s that race svl,,, 4 could race svl,,,," ? " want to race svl..so we are listening to what is offered..

Whoz Your Daddy
11-24-2010, 02:19 PM
I sure hope this gets worked out for 2011. SVL is one of my favorite classes to watch besides 5 and would be the next step up in boats for us when the time is right. I hope every one can move forword from this point and get back to racing and having fun doing it.
Just my 2 cents I will shut up now

Mike O

2TR
11-24-2010, 02:21 PM
we have 8 svl,s that race svl,,, 4 could race svl,,,," ? " want to race svl..so we are listening to what is offered..

:huh:

XtremeRacing
11-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Not sure why we always try and group the SVL together as a seperate Org. ? Each team has its own goals and program no different then an other class. Not sure why demands are put on this class and none of the others pro series classes? They need to race where and when they want, last yr proved that the all for one doesn't work. You have 10 different teams with 10 different ideas they need to do what is best for them and not feel preasured to do what another team wants to do. They need to be taken out from under the spot light and go back to being race teams.

Pete B
11-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Not sure why we always try and group the SVL together as a seperate Org. ? Each team has its own goals and program no different then an other class. Not sure why demands are put on this class and none of the others pro series classes? They need to race where and when they want, last yr proved that the all for one doesn't work. You have 10 different teams with 10 different ideas they need to do what is best for them and not feel preasured to do what another team wants to do. They need to be taken out from under the spot light and go back to being race teams.

because we want to see racing not everyone gets a checkered flag cause they showed up.. and SVL has the most boats in spec class racing.

SVL66
11-24-2010, 03:37 PM
jesus christ....im gettin so sick and tired about all this SVL BS. Makes me want to dump my boat and take up needle point.

who the hell are we? its embarassing. Offshore doesn't revolve around this class. sure its fun to watch and more fun to race. But I gotta be honest here. Its all BS. Let it get sorted out off the forums. Nothing is getting accomplished here.

please please please ....everyone. Take a breather. think pleasant thoughts. lets not dwell on this. In time, either everything will be great or it will suck....period.

happy turkey day

XtremeRacing
11-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Pete in a perfect world that sounds great, but the reality is you will see SVL possible racing 3 different Org. this yr. It would be impossible to get them or any class to agree to race a fixed schedule. Its a matter of Location, rules , cost , and enforcement of the rules. What we want doesnt really matter it what each team is comfortable with, and hopefully the rest will work itself out. I'm sure you will see them race together at some of the bigger race sites like Sarasota, Cocoa Beach, Mich City and KW and it will also depend on over lapping schedules.

XtremeRacing
11-24-2010, 03:42 PM
jesus christ....im gettin so sick and tired about all this SVL BS. Makes me want to dump my boat and take up needle point.

who the hell are we? its embarassing. Offshore doesn't revolve around this class. sure its fun to watch and more fun to race. But I gotta be honest here. Its all BS. Let it get sorted out off the forums. Nothing is getting accomplished here.

please please please ....everyone. Take a breather. think pleasant thoughts. lets not dwell on this. In time, either everything will be great or it will suck....period.

happy turkey day

:iagree:

Wazzup Racing
11-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Man oh man. It is only November. I have a set of rules, I will be intouch with each member of the class next week to see if it works for them. If so, my plan is to make it real easy for SBI. If everyone agrees, I'll send it to JC. Then he can do what he wants. I see no need for change. The class was fine for years. When was the last time a SVL had a rule infraction? The introduction of new equipment sent things all out of whack. Mistakes made. Move on and don't make the same mistake twice. Happy Turkey Day to all, Smitty

rchevelle71
11-24-2010, 04:44 PM

:eek::eek:

Ron P
11-24-2010, 05:46 PM
I gotta ask.... What's the latest with P1 and SVL?

I gotta ask.... What's the latest with OSS and SBI. Will they join up again in 2011?

XtremeRacing
11-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Ron ,

Not sure about P1 but any info. about SBI/OSS might be best for you to call John.

Pete B
11-26-2010, 06:37 PM
well I gotta ask where are all the schedules???

sbracing
11-26-2010, 06:44 PM
well I gotta ask where are all the schedules???

Keep your shorts on. I'm sure all the dedicated, highly paid people who do all the work to put races on so we can have fun are tirelessly working to get the schedules arranged.

Rich

Pete B
11-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Keep your shorts on. I'm sure all the dedicated, highly paid people who do all the work to put races on so we can have fun are tirelessly working to get the schedules arranged.

Rich

LOL