PDA

View Full Version : My Hero Passed Away Yesterday

purrfection
10-26-2010, 06:32 PM
This may not be the correct place to post this, if not please move it to it's correct location. I just learned my hero, Ms. Gloria from New Orleans, passed away yesterday. Ms. Gloria took her first boat ride at the age of 83, being rescued from her home after Hurricane Katrina. She, her daughter, and son-in-law, life time residents of New Orleans, bought our second home on the canal and we became close friends. A lot of people, who lost everything they owned, were very bitter. Not Ms. Gloria. She would tell us about nothing but the good times. The one thing that I will always remember about Ms. Gloria is the time she asked me to take her for a boat ride. Not knowing what to expect from a 84 year old lady, I stayed at around 50 mph in the river. When we got to the lake, she kept urging me to go faster. She was sitting in the front with me. I looked over and she was holding onto the grab bar so hard her knuckles were white. I asked if she was alright, and she turned with the biggest smile you could imagine and asked "is this the fastest this thing will run?" We were going around 90 at the time. That smile and her positive attitude will live with me forever. God Bless You Ms. Gloria!

Pete B
10-26-2010, 06:34 PM
RIP

Bobcat
10-26-2010, 07:04 PM
RIP Ms. Gloria, wonderful story.

BBB725
10-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Age is just a number to some people, sounds like she was a great lady

Ratickle
10-26-2010, 07:31 PM
It is remarkable to hear your story and remember the people and things which cause all of us pleasure in our lives, and make memories we will cherish forever.

I'm sure an attitude like that also positively affected others in her life. Nice to know you enjoyed the friendship, and took the time to nurture it.

May she rest in peace. Our condolences for your loss.

Paul and Terri

FastDonzi
10-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Nice Story :USA: RIP Gloria.......We all need more people like her in our lives....

Davidmnc
10-26-2010, 08:44 PM
RIP

dykstra
10-26-2010, 09:11 PM
RIP