PDA

View Full Version : Anyone gonna be out and about in the keys this weekend??

rchevelle71
09-16-2010, 02:05 PM
We are heading down to Key Largo Saturday morning to run the Pantera with some of the outboard guys from Screamandfly, probably launch at Caribean club, and run to the Holiday Isle sandbar with lunch at Hog heaven if anyone wants to run along with us, or meet up for a :cheers2:

Rick

Bobcat
09-16-2010, 02:19 PM
If I go farther North than Marathon I'll melt. ( or my engines will !):biggrinjester:

Ratickle
09-16-2010, 02:21 PM
We are heading down to Key Largo Saturday morning to run the Pantera with some of the outboard guys from Screamandfly, probably launch at Caribean club, and run to the Holiday Isle sandbar with lunch at Hog heaven if anyone wants to run along with us, or meet up for a :cheers2:

Rick

Hog Heaven. A wonderful place.......

Bobcat
09-16-2010, 02:40 PM
I might drive up (truck) and meet you for a Beer. The poker run (Peterson's Harley )is coming down this weekend.

rchevelle71
09-16-2010, 02:58 PM
If I go farther North than Marathon I'll melt. ( or my engines will !):biggrinjester:

Don't you mean freeze, that is WAY up in the great white North:rofl:

give me a call at 954-254-0414 if your gonna head up to see where we are at, I am going with a bunch of regulars, so it's their call what the day holds, but the plan for now is to hang on the sandbar for a bit, then have lunch at hog followed by some running:cheers2:

rchevelle71
09-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Hog Heaven. A wonderful place.......

Sure is, Been there a time or 2?:sifone:

Bobcat
09-16-2010, 03:17 PM

give me a call at 954-254-0414 if your gonna head up to see where we are at, I am going with a bunch of regulars, so it's their call what the day holds, but the plan for now is to hang on the sandbar for a bit, then have lunch at hog followed by some running:cheers2:

Will do.:sifone:

BUIZILLA
09-16-2010, 05:08 PM
wasn't poker run last weekend?

Bobcat
09-16-2010, 06:29 PM
No, it is Saturday, everyone is leaving from here tomorrow and staying at Key Largo for the night.

Premier Perf
09-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Are you going for the whole weekend ? Where you staying at ?

Ratickle
09-16-2010, 09:09 PM

We'll be in the great white north of Atlantic City.

Shold be some interesting water based on the forecasts.

rchevelle71
09-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Are you going for the whole weekend ? Where you staying at ?

Just a day trip, unless I pass out in the boat:puke:

rchevelle71
09-16-2010, 09:17 PM
We'll be in the great white north of Atlantic City.

Shold be some interesting water based on the forecasts.

have fun in AC, I miss racing, but pleasure boating is just as fun some times.

BBB725
09-16-2010, 11:29 PM

We don't let him north of the 7 mile bridge, I posted a sign on the south end that reads "This is the Alaskan bridge to nowhere please turn around and head back home" :biggrinjester:

Premier Perf
09-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Just a day trip, unless I pass out in the boat:puke:

WOW all that driving for a one day trip

dd24skater
09-17-2010, 05:11 AM
We don't let him north of the 7 mile bridge, I posted a sign on the south end that reads "This is the Alaskan bridge to nowhere please turn around and head back home" :biggrinjester:

That is very funny!

BBB725
09-17-2010, 08:04 AM
That is very funny!

Actually it's kept Bobcat out of Marathon for a couple years now;)

rchevelle71
09-17-2010, 08:16 AM

LMAO:willy_nilly:

rchevelle71
09-17-2010, 08:17 AM
WOW all that driving for a one day trip

Yup,

would like to take more time down there, but the wife won't leave the dog at home with neighbors, she gave me permission to stay overnight without her, but plans didnt work out, it's not a bad ride down, but the ride home can be a little ruff:banghead:

rchevelle71
09-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Actually it's kept Bobcat out of Marathon for a couple years now;)

:huh:Why would anyone want to go to marathon, isnt that just a place to stop and pee halfway between Key Largo, and Key West??:rofl:

Just kidding, I like marathon, just not much going on there since they dont have the races:mad:

Bobcat
09-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Hey now,I was in Kissimmee last month, of course I sweated like a felon and didn't poop for the three days, but I made it there, which is a step in the right direction.

Bobcat
09-17-2010, 03:39 PM
:huh:Why would anyone want to go to marathon, isnt that just a place to stop and pee halfway between Key Largo, and Key West??:rofl:

Just kidding, I like marathon, just not much going on there since they dont have the races:mad:

You could stop and see Pat D. and her mysterious Iguana:D

BBB725
09-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Hey now,I was in Kissimmee last month, of course I sweated like a felon and didn't poop for the three days, but I made it there, which is a step in the right direction.

Damn, that sign must have fallen down:D

rchevelle71
09-17-2010, 09:50 PM

Compared to Kissimmee, marathon is a NICE place:cheers2:

rchevelle71
09-17-2010, 09:54 PM
You could stop and see Pat D. and her mysterious Iguana:D

Like I said, I miss the races, first and only race I ever got to drive was in Marathon, and that is where I met Pat and crew, not sure if my driving was that bad, but I never got invited back, at least not in the drivers seat, somebody said something about head wrench and cooler boy:driving:

rchevelle71
09-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Damn, that sign must have fallen down:D

Probably closed his eyes crossing the bridge:willy_nilly:

rchevelle71
09-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Anyway,

Boat is hooked to the truck, cooler is in the garage, beer, iced tea, and beef jerky is in the fridge(next to the cooler in the garage), GPS and camera batteries charging, look for Pics when I recover on Sunday:driving:

p.s. I think I may have found a few MPH in the boat, maybe I will finally break 60 tomorrow:D

Bobcat
09-18-2010, 08:41 AM
60 !!! Id be happy to get on plane !!!:driving:

Wrinkleface
09-18-2010, 10:12 AM

It didn't work 4 the Miami show!!!:lurk5:

Premier Perf
09-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Hope you have a good ride and have fun in my neck of the woods :cheers2:

rchevelle71
09-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Well, we made it..........

Boat ran good, but still have some setup to do, motor is too deep, and gotta get a better bowlifting prop, even the mirage plus isnt gettin' it done. Was kinda ruff, so we had to wait for the little boats, I was third to the sandbar, only beat by the guys that knew where they were going, a big concept with twins, and an Avanti with quads. The Skater coulda beat me, but he chose to go back and get the guys in the STV, critchfield, and Action. Called Bobcat on the way down, we were both running too late to meet up at The hog, when I got back on the boat one time, I checked my phone messages, and there was a message, couldnt be sure what they said since it cut in and out, but it went something like this........... "Hey, this is Brownie(I think that is what he said) from OSO, I am at the hog, where the hell are you", sorry whoever that was, not sure if it was you Brownie or not, but would have liked to have met up, but when you are in strange territory, you go where the guides go:driving: I got some video, but it is foggy, must have go salt on the lens at some point, I am waiting for the guy from the concept to e-mail me video of my boat running. Here are a few pics for now:cheers2:

MiamiOffshore
09-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Awesome Rick! Once again thank for the invite and wish I could have been there....(I ended up waking up yesterday at 2:00 pm) frikin stomach virus was not fun!
I'm glad she ran better.

rchevelle71
09-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Awesome Rick! Once again thank for the invite and wish I could have been there....(I ended up waking up yesterday at 2:00 pm) frikin stomach virus was not fun!
I'm glad she ran better.

There is always next time:cheers2:

rchevelle71
09-19-2010, 07:29 PM
A few more pics

BUIZILLA
09-19-2010, 08:50 PM
I made it to Hog Heaven on the Harley and no boats... :lurk5:

Bobcat
09-20-2010, 07:12 AM
Rick called and said he wasn't going to make it, so I stayed home and watched college football all day !

rchevelle71
09-20-2010, 08:18 AM
I made it to Hog Heaven on the Harley and no boats... :lurk5:

Sorry,

We were running late, so called off lunch at the hog, and went to Publix on the way down and picked up lunch to eat on the boats. Bobcat and I had Solid plans to meet, so when that happened I called him, and let him know what was up, Nobody else spoke up previous to Saturday, or else you would have gotten the call also. If it were up to me, I would have been at the ramp early, but had to meet some guys that knew the way, I had the plot on my GPS previously, but it must have gotten deleted, so rather than risk tering up the bottom, and my boat, I waited for them. Next time:cool:

rchevelle71
09-22-2010, 08:32 AM
A few more pics from Caribean Club:sifone:

mdkeywest
09-22-2010, 09:46 AM
You did a really nice job on that boat rick .
I remmember when you were just talking about it and then following the progress on " speedwake " .Looks very nice .

rchevelle71
09-22-2010, 10:45 AM
You did a really nice job on that boat rick .
I remmember when you were just talking about it and then following the progress on " speedwake " .Looks very nice .

Thanks, but where ya been hiding, it has been "Done", or at least useable for 3 years

mdkeywest
09-22-2010, 11:04 AM
be back in the spring . cant wait :sifone:

rchevelle71
09-22-2010, 12:37 PM
be back in the spring . cant wait :sifone:

With What??

mdkeywest
09-22-2010, 01:35 PM
back home ,( key west ) been gone doin a lake house for a while .Gotta small job to do in st pete area in the late fall , then come back pack up etc .

I miss the 85 degrees at 6 am .

BBB725
09-22-2010, 01:37 PM

Me too!:sifone:

rchevelle71
09-22-2010, 01:41 PM
back home ,( key west ) been gone doin a lake house for a while .Gotta small job to do in st pete area in the late fall , then come back pack up etc .

OH, back in key West, thought you meant back in a boat

mdkeywest
09-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Just being on a team period , would be great . I learned more outside the boat than I ever did inside . Plus I always liked the people , The ridiculous spats and so on . We as deck hands , I think had the most fun ,and were privy to first hand info ,which We mostly kept between ourselves ,and laughed about .Some of it had to land on forums ,( which do not incur the damage some may think ) :sifone:

rchevelle71
09-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Just being on a team period , would be great . I learned more outside the boat than I ever did inside . Plus I always liked the people , The ridiculous spats and so on . We as deck hands , I think had the most fun ,and were privy to first hand info ,which We mostly kept between ourselves ,and laughed about .Some of it had to land on forums ,( which do not incur the damage some may think ) :sifone:

Plus we got to stay out late on Saturday night with no fear of dropping the stick Sunday morning. The most stress I ever had on a race team was that one time in marathon when Scotty let me drive. As far as the BS on the forums, I only recall one time where something came up, Ah, nevermind, thats all in the past:sifone:

mdkeywest
09-23-2010, 12:16 AM
Yeah Rick ,that was long time ago .
Not only that , And I mean no excuses , That was not always me .
I do take responsibility tho as it was my screen name . ( boat freaks good example :huh:)
Big Boyz move on ,as we did .
I look forward to runnin, the keys with ya shortly . If you can get to the hog from youre house I should certainly make a showing from Stock island .

Pat D. still likes me ,so I,m good .( big haggin smile)

mdkeywest
09-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Plus we got to stay out late on Saturday night with no fear of dropping the stick Sunday morning. , :

Thats funny !:hurray:

The first time I got the stick treatment ,They pulled the " I,m a little tea cup " thing . My daughter and grandson went for the door LOL Fun Tho .
I Think from what I read lately We are heading back that way, ( FUN ) ,and mostly " serious offshore " racing again .

Getting back to more teams less classes I feel we are closer than some may think .

I,m a southern boy at heart ,Sooooooo, my heart is there as far as regional events .
At the end of the year tho ,I make no apologies ,It,s KEY WEST !!!:sifone:

rchevelle71
09-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Yeah Rick ,that was long time ago .
Not only that , And I mean no excuses , That was not always me .
I do take responsibility tho as it was my screen name . ( boat freaks good example :huh:)
Big Boyz move on ,as we did .
I look forward to runnin, the keys with ya shortly . If you can get to the hog from youre house I should certainly make a showing from Stock island .

Pat D. still likes me ,so I,m good .( big haggin smile)

Whatcha got fer a ride now, even if yer boatless, come to the dock, I'll pick ya up(remember this doesnt ride like a Phantom, or Exttreme)?? Pat likes everybody, it's John ya gotta watch out for:dupe:

As far as that mess, What happens in key West, shoulda stayed in Key West, there was another(not safety related) episode a few years later that I was in charge of keeping under my hat for the weekend, and that was the last time I was in key West(at least for racing). Hope to make it back this year, but $$ is tight, and the bartab in Key West for a week will put gas in my boat for a year:biggrinjester:

rchevelle71
09-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Thats funny !:hurray:

The first time I got the stick treatment ,They pulled the " I,m a little tea cup " thing . My daughter and grandson went for the door LOL Fun Tho .
I Think from what I read lately We are heading back that way, ( FUN ) ,and mostly " serious offshore " racing again .

Getting back to more teams less classes I feel we are closer than some may think .

I,m a southern boy at heart ,Sooooooo, my heart is there as far as regional events .
At the end of the year tho ,I make no apologies ,It,s KEY WEST !!!:sifone:

hear ya, havent been to a race all year, not even Miami, MIGHT make Clearwater, just because we had such a good time last year, may make a daytrip outta Key West.