PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic City OPA - Rollcall

Ratickle
09-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Who's all gonna be there? Looking into Airfare now, thinking of spending a couple extra days and winning (losing) some money.

Never been there, only Vegas. How does it compare????

Whoz Your Daddy
09-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Gonna be a great race with big water and tuff competition. As to compare to Vegas AC has a long way to go b4 it can hang with Vegas. Try Spirt air right into AC and get a Rental car.

SVL Magnet
09-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Who's all gonna be there? Looking into Airfare now, thinking of spending a couple extra days and winning (losing) some money.

Never been there, only Vegas. How does it compare????

Go to Moorehead City, it has historically been a fantastic race venue,,
same weekend....

Ratickle
09-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Yep, it's unfortunate there are three events that weekend.

OPA, Atlantic City Race

NPBA & HORBA, Don Aronow run around Long Island

SBI, Moorehead City Race

I sure wish events like these would not overlap on the same weekends.

imco offshore
09-06-2010, 11:29 AM
this is one of the reasons ,that makes racers choose sides ,,and then get emotionally bias,, I hope it works out for all ,,,

SVL Magnet
09-06-2010, 03:18 PM
this is one of the reasons ,that makes racers choose sides ,,and then get emotionally bias,, I hope it works out for all ,,,

It is to bad that OPA, SBI , POPRA and OSS are often at the same time,,,,,
(Sept 18 and October 3 events )

The local sponsor @ Moorehead ( jacks bar) tried to get some of the SVL team to come to Moorehead and he told me that the the Fountain team were going to Atlantic City instead.

Does'nt boats have to attend a certain amount of SBI races( 3 ) to compete in K West this year?

F1-00 Racing
09-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Does'nt boats have to attend a certain amount of SBI races( 3 ) to compete in K West this year?

For the last couple of years, maybe 5 or so, in order to be eligible to run in KW it has been stated that you must run in ANY organized sanctioned race with ANY association twice(2) during that season or have competed in KW the year before, however I know a few years back in order to be the "national champion" of SBI you must run in a certain percentage(60%-75% I cant remember) of races(with SBI) and show up @ the national championship race which I believe is Clearwater oh and have the most points of course.

Disclaimer: what is stated above is how it was up to last year(2009) I havent really paid attention to the SBI rulebook this season, I am sure someone can either confirm or deny my above statements in reference to 2010

Scotty B
09-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Miss GEICO will be in AC, as you can see in the pic its been a while since I raced in AC, great venue

Lucididee
09-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Miss GEICO will be in AC, as you can see in the pic its been a while since I raced in AC, great venue

Pull that boat up here and race it ... I know you will have fun in her

I'm sure they'll even let you race it in 6 since it been a while and then you can go after Boomer

Lucididee
09-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Yep, it's unfortunate there are three events that weekend.

OPA, Atlantic City Race

NPBA & HORBA, Don Aronow run around Long Island

SBI, Moorehead City Race

I sure wish events like these would not overlap on the same weekends.

It's very hard to not have venues overlap. There are only so many weekends in the summer. And also keep in mind that the town do dictate as well when these events can occur. The organizer may want it to be a specific weekend, but there can be something else going on in town the deems it to be had on a different weekend.

For example, OPA AC race was slated for Sept 10-12 which is the same as SBI NYC race. The race could not be had in AC and got moved to the following weekend, thus the conflict with Moorehead.

OPA Nationals used to be in Cambridge, MD usually the same weekend as Moorehead. But that got moved to Solomons Islands and could only be had on Oct. 1-3

The Don Aronow run around Long Island is going to have more pleasure boaters and poker runners than racers.

As a racer you need to choose which body you want to run with and just stay with it.

And in my case, my brother planned my nieces Baptism around my schedule in August (being I am to be April's Godmother), then the AC race got moved. Now I cannot be at the AC race, which is only an 1hr away, to volunteer/work as I did all season and now not be there to watch me team race (You know who your are)

When OSS had there Worlds in Destin I believe it was the week before SBI KW. At least OPA worked hard to have it Oct 13-17th to NOT interfere with SBI and give the racers time in between to race both.

Ratickle, so which one are you coming to, AC, Moorehead or Run Around LI? Or did you just post to complain?

Lucididee
09-08-2010, 01:03 PM
.............. Disclaimer: what is stated above is how it was up to last year(2009) I havent really paid attention to the SBI rulebook this season, ..............

:cheers2:

Lucididee
09-08-2010, 01:09 PM
It is to bad that OPA, SBI , POPRA and OSS are often at the same time,,,,,
(Sept 18 and October 3 events )

The local sponsor @ Moorehead ( jacks bar) tried to get some of the SVL team to come to Moorehead and he told me that the the Fountain team were going to Atlantic City instead.

Does'ntt boats have to attend a certain amount of SBI races( 3 ) to compete in K West this year?

It's the end of the summer, they will always overlap at one point. The only other solution is to just have one sanctioning body with division. And that will NEVER happen.

But the answer to you question, F1 is correct, and there is more:
Eligibility –
All teams are welcome to race in the 2010 Key West World Championship. A team qualifies by having raced in the 2009 Key West World Championship, by racing in any two (2) races with other powerboat organizations during the 2010 season, or at the discretion of the SBIP President.

http://superboat.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/2010GeneralRules6-23-10.pdf

mdkeywest
09-08-2010, 03:00 PM
LOL Wow somebody got you ( lucicicdesciedseses) in an uproar . Go get 'em mr . :party:

( been there ,it is frustrating :ack2:)

Lucididee
09-08-2010, 05:11 PM
LOL Wow somebody got you ( lucicicdesciedseses) in an uproar . Go get 'em mr . :party:

( been there ,it is frustrating :ack2:)

Not really, many know me to be a lot worse.

Just making a statement that I'M BACK!

Plus, how many times can ya beat a dead horse? It's the same things I hear every year for the past 15+ years

mdkeywest
09-08-2010, 06:44 PM
:driving:

Lucididee
09-08-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm one of the lucky one's I'll be at the SBI race in NY this weekend and down to AC for OPA next weekend. I think I'll try to have fun at both races venues ;)

T2x
09-09-2010, 07:51 AM
Plus, how many times can ya beat a dead horse?

Until everybody finally understands......................

that it's dead.

sbracing
09-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Today's (alleged) racers "know" that courses should be much shorter, with limited speeds and the actual "race" is only a small part of a weekend get together whose primary purpose is to chest thump and get drunk. If you look at it that way, todays' "races" are more like Poker Runs....than Poker Runs.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, however, I disagree with your view that we are there to chest thump and get drunk, as I do neither.

Rich Smith
Cotnertrailers.com 611

Whoz Your Daddy
09-09-2010, 11:38 AM
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, however, I disagree with your view that we are there to chest thump and get drunk, as I do neither.

Rich Smith
Cotnertrailers.com 611

I Chest Thump "ALOT":03:

Ratickle
09-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Ratickle, so which one are you coming to, AC, Moorehead or Run Around LI? Or did you just post to complain?

I'd never post just to complain.

I will know by tomorrow, but should get to see you in Atlantic City Dee. Will Frank be there also?

Wahoo 214
09-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I like a good chest thumping just like any other straight guy, but I don't drink.

Ratickle
09-09-2010, 12:56 PM
I like a good chest thumping just like any other straight guy, but I don't drink.

Are you going Dean?

Wahoo 214
09-09-2010, 01:18 PM
No Paul. I think we are done. I got the boat up for sale. I would like to build a C5-6 boat to race with my daughter and than son later.

Between Football, Cross Country, Motocross, Basketball and work, the SV is just too much. I have even considered parting it out.

Slandrew
09-09-2010, 09:52 PM
No Paul. I think we are done. I got the boat up for sale. I would like to build a C5-6 boat to race with my daughter and than son later.

Between Football, Cross Country, Motocross, Basketball and work, the SV is just too much. I have even considered parting it out.Sad thats a great boat:(

Ratickle
09-09-2010, 10:20 PM

Between Football, Cross Country, Motocross, Basketball and work, the SV is just too much. I have even considered parting it out.

Maybe an SVL??????:)

It would make a great Class 4 boat, wouldn't it?????

Ratickle
09-09-2010, 10:21 PM
I'd never post just to complain.

I will know by tomorrow, but should get to see you in Atlantic City Dee. Will Frank be there also?

Quoting myself, lame.....

Yep, we'll be there. Get in Friday night, leaving Monday afternoon....

Staying at the Trump Marina....

Wahoo 214
09-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Maybe an SVL??????:)

It would make a great Class 4 boat, wouldn't it?????

I think I'll pass on that.

Ratickle
09-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Be there tomorrow evening.