PDA

View Full Version : THE CROCKETT ROCKET AT THE SHOOT OUT

Tyler Crockett
08-27-2010, 03:04 AM
If we run over 90 this is not our class 5 engine we borrowed it from Boomers Class 6 boat !!!!!!!!!!!!!

boatme
08-27-2010, 06:00 AM
Go man GOOOO

MattBMiller
08-27-2010, 06:24 AM
See you down there!

rschap1
08-27-2010, 09:16 AM
If we run over 90

Ratickle
08-27-2010, 11:27 AM
If we run over 90 this is not our class 5 engine we borrowed it from Boomers Class 6 boat !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought you were putting one of the Geico engines in.......

High Priority
08-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Keep us updated Tyler, and thanks again for all your help getting that pistion for me.

Whoz Your Daddy
08-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Good luck Tyler

hey Warren See ya in AC?

2TR
08-28-2010, 08:04 AM
I thought you were putting one of the Geico engines in.......

I cant picture Tyler putting something that small in any of his boats.

Ratickle
08-28-2010, 01:57 PM
87 for George and Tyler.

Man they were chinewalking........

Ratickle
08-28-2010, 02:02 PM

At 87 it is your Class 5 engine??????:sifone:

MANITIE
08-28-2010, 04:03 PM
At 87 it is your Class 5 engine??????:sifone:

He brakes out over 87mph in our Class 5 races....

Ratickle
08-28-2010, 04:50 PM

He can't more than once. If you break out by more than 1 mile per hour in an OPA Class Race, you are automatically moved up to the next class. Class 5 is 75 max....

Tyler Crockett
08-28-2010, 05:55 PM
87 for George and Tyler.

Man they were chinewalking........

Did you see our next run they got us at 90mph and our certified Big Frank GPS sais 91.3..... Wait until tomorrow we will step it up...

Tyler Crockett
08-28-2010, 05:59 PM

And I take short cuts to get around the coarse :_boobies:

Ratickle
08-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Did you see our next run they got us at 90mph and our certified Big Frank GPS sais 91.3..... Wait until tomorrow we will step it up...

Cool Tyler, the little bit of added chop certainly helped your setup....

Good luck, stay safe.....

We'll be watching......

Ratickle
08-28-2010, 06:00 PM
And I take short cuts to get around the coarse :_boobies:

Not this year, that was last year when it was legal (and totally unexpected by all!!!)

Ratickle
08-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Tyler and George out on the course.

89, 1 less than their best yesterday.....

I thought the water would favor them more today. Maybe it's just a little too rough????

Tyler Crockett
08-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Tyler and George out on the course.

89, 1 less than their best yesterday.....

I thought the water would favor them more today. Maybe it's just a little too rough????

I had 91.3 on my GPS for both runs yesterday and the Radar said 89. So that means I have not been breaking out at all these races.........

Tyler Crockett
08-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Travis drove the boat on the second run and he stuck his hand up to wave at everybody just when the chine walking was at its worst going thru the finish line.

Bilgerat
08-30-2010, 06:00 PM
I saw that hand go up, and was thinking "he's scrubbin speed"

Slandrew
08-31-2010, 07:07 AM
I had 91.3 on my GPS for both runs yesterday and the Radar said 89. So that means I have not been breaking out at all these races.........:driving:Could it be that fat guy with the over gold?:03:

Ratickle
08-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Travis drove the boat on the second run and he stuck his hand up to wave at everybody just when the chine walking was at its worst going thru the finish line.

I saw that hand go up, and was thinking "he's scrubbin speed"

He must have really big hands.....:)

Ratickle
08-31-2010, 12:34 PM
I had 91.3 on my GPS for both runs yesterday and the Radar said 89. So that means I have not been breaking out at all these races.........

You better inform Frank.....:26:

Slandrew
09-02-2010, 07:52 AM
:lurk5:Hey don't start nothing I'll have to give Tyler that trophy back from 2007 race:boxing_smiley:

Tyler Crockett
09-03-2010, 08:05 AM
:lurk5:Hey don't start nothing I'll have to give Tyler that trophy back from 2007 race:boxing_smiley:

You can keep that trophy We have the Trophy for the Worlds Fastest Class 5 Boat :boobflash:

George Eisenhart
09-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Im no engine expert but I believe we should pull the small block and go to the A class motor from the Grumpy Old Men boat or possibly the old camaro pro street motor from Tylers drag race days. I understand David Scott was using drag race motors.If we can turn 7000 we could do 100 m.p.h. Grumpy G

Tyler Crockett
09-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Im no engine expert but I believe we should pull the small block and go to the A class motor from the Grumpy Old Men boat or possibly the old camaro pro street motor from Tylers drag race days. I understand David Scott was using drag race motors.If we can turn 7000 we could do 100 m.p.h. Grumpy G

The only boats that can run against us next year have to be Class 6 boats because all the other Class 5 boats are to big with the 26' length limit. And if PFE shows up we want to run before him before he litters the water with all the balsa core :willy_nilly:

Ratickle
09-05-2010, 09:00 AM
The only boats that can run against us next year have to be Class 6 boats because all the other Class 5 boats are to big with the 26' length limit. And if PFE shows up we want to run before him before he litters the water with all the balsa core :willy_nilly:

Class 5 changed the length?:confused:

MANITIE
09-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Class 5 changed the length?:confused:

Class 6 is 26' and under...and I think the Hp is to be up to 500hp...from what I read some were...
I think Tyler moved to Class 5 becuase of the HP he was running...

Ratickle
09-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Class 6 is 26' and under...and I think the Hp is to be up to 500hp...from what I read some were...

Tylers boat was originally built for class 6 I know. He's moving back down????

MANITIE
09-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Tylers boat was originally built for class 6 I know. He's moving back down????

I think he got scared this year....and now that Boomer is moving to a SVL next year....he may have a better shot at winning in Class 6

Ratickle
09-05-2010, 12:26 PM
I think he got scared this year....and now that Boomer is moving to a SVL next year....he may have a better shot at winning in Class 6

Maybe he just wants to beat Rick's record for breakouts in Class 6 now that he holds the Class 5 record???????:26:

MANITIE
09-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Maybe he just wants to beat Rick's record for breakouts in Class 6 now that he holds the Class 5 record???????:26:

There most be something in the water up there.....

Did you get my email that we have a newbee that wants to come on SOS....

Tyler Crockett
09-05-2010, 10:29 PM

I didn't move anywhere I was forced there by the rest of class 6 but I don't care cause I am a threat in what ever class I am in because 6,5,SV I am heading to the front row !!!!

Ratickle
09-06-2010, 08:57 AM
I didn't move anywhere I was forced there by the rest of class 6 but I don't care cause I am a threat in what ever class I am in because 6,5,SV I am heading to the front row !!!!

But you're staying in Class 5 with the Rocket, correct?

Ratickle
09-06-2010, 08:58 AM
There most be something in the water up there.....

Did you get my email that we have a newbee that wants to come on SOS....

I think it's the downstream current vs the upstream current that makes it really tough to stay on the number everyone tests and dials in their boats at.

Yep, I'll give him a shout.

MANITIE
09-06-2010, 09:10 AM

When you can finish a race without braking out....
Then you become a threat....till then your just a very fast pace boat...

Now I will give you that you are running on the edge in SV and running up front....and given the boys a run for there money....

I hope you bring the little rocket to Orange Beach...with the big water...you may not even see 65 in that thing....

Wish I could have made it to the shootout....

Tyler Crockett
09-06-2010, 10:46 AM
When you can finish a race without braking out....
Then you become a threat....till then your just a very fast pace boat...

Now I will give you that you are running on the edge in SV and running up front....and given the boys a run for there money....

I hope you bring the little rocket to Orange Beach...with the big water...you may not even see 65 in that thing....

Wish I could have made it to the shootout....

I had the Rocket at every race in 2007 and when we raced in Point Pleasant that year their were 4-5 foot waves and I had 3/4 of a lap lead on the whole Class this boat can run in the rough water. I will bring it to Alabama to run against you in the rough water as soon as you find a 73 year old driver for your boat that will run with you :sifone:

MANITIE
09-06-2010, 11:05 AM
I had the Rocket at every race in 2007 and when we raced in Point Pleasant that year their were 4-5 foot waves and I had 3/4 of a lap lead on the whole Class this boat can run in the rough water. I will bring it to Alabama to run against you in the rough water as soon as you find a 73 year old driver for your boat that will run with you :sifone:

I found a old throttleman.....a real old one....

He's been ejected or went over in every boat he's raced in...except the one he is in now....so I'm sure he has aged much more going threw all that...
and then throw in all his motorcross accidents....he should have more gray hairs then George....

Bring her to Alabama....I will put up my $1000 from OPA to you if you can beat us and not brake out....if we win you pay nothing...

The challenge has been put up....

Let it be said...
Let it be written...
Let it be done....

Ratickle
09-06-2010, 11:20 AM

How old is real old??????:sifone:

MANITIE
09-06-2010, 11:26 AM
How old is real old??????:sifone:

I was caculating his age + 9 years for every ejection and flipped upsidedown...

I was going to also add a year for every motorcross crash....but then he would be as old as Smitty....

Bilgerat
09-06-2010, 03:02 PM

He's been ejected or went over in every boat he's raced in...except the one he is in now....so I'm sure he has aged much more going threw all that...
and then throw in all his motorcross accidents....he should have more gray hairs then George....

Bring her to Alabama....I will put up my $1000 from OPA to you if you can beat us and not brake out....if we win you pay nothing...

The challenge has been put up....

Let it be said...
Let it be written...
Let it be done....

is it good to be ejected or flip everyboat you've been in ?? I must have missed that prerequisite. And Gino I would be carefull, I haven't seen an Activator on a racecourse yet that hadn't done at least part of it Backwards. You will spin, the only question is when. Hold On.

MANITIE
09-06-2010, 04:38 PM
is it good to be ejected or flip everyboat you've been in ?? I must have missed that prerequisite. And Gino I would be carefull, I haven't seen an Activator on a racecourse yet that hadn't done at least part of it Backwards. You will spin, the only question is when. Hold On.

I know....I think I'm the lucky one so far..I think everyone I know that raced a 27 OR 30Activator has been ejected...

In Patchoque Jim paid me a little visit going into turn 4...for a minute I thought Jim was just trying to get fresh with me and give me a kiss with our helmets on....it was just him almost getting pitched out...

Mark K...is a great throttlemen....we ran great togehter in the Activator in F1...and it was like we know what each other was going to do....every boat he races he races and puts it right on the edge...which to be as succesful as he has been is what you have to do...

There are a lot of guys that have been ejected and cannot get back into it....
He has little fear...or lets say he now has a nack of were the edge is and dose not go over it anymore...either way...he knows what the Activator likes and dose not like....and thats were we need to run it up front....