PDA

View Full Version : Dry Exhaust

ar15meister
05-26-2010, 02:28 PM
What advantages are there?

How do you convert?

I am running GIL manifolds/ wet exhaust.

I want my boat to be louder. I took off my mufflers last year but it had little effect.

old377guy
05-26-2010, 03:02 PM
pro's - no reversion, great (to most people) sound
con's - cost, some rigging for dumps, bad (to some people) sound

DAREDEVIL
05-26-2010, 03:06 PM
pro's - no reversion, great (to most people) sound
con's - cost, some rigging for dumps, bad (to some people) sound

Just stick some new tails on there..have the dump on the back of the tailpipe !!

2 tailpipes ~ 1500 bucks !!!!!

for an extra 2500 stick some nice SM manifolds on it and feel the sound !:cheers2:

ar15meister
05-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Just stick some new tails on there..have the dump on the back of the tailpipe !!

2 tailpipes ~ 1500 bucks !!!!!

for an extra 2500 stick some nice SM manifolds on it and feel the sound !:cheers2:

SM manifolds??

Griswald
05-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Stainless Marine

htrdlncn
05-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Sometimes even just the air / fuel mixture can make it louder or quieter depending on if its rich or lean.
If you want max noise level then long tube headers would be the way to go,
you may be able to sell your current system and put that towards a good used set with dry tails.
Cant imagine how to get louder than that. :)

:cheers2:

VetteLT193
05-27-2010, 01:15 PM
you can also have your current gil risers converted to dry. Gil will probably do it... they will cut the end off where the water dumps in, lengthen the tubes to fit your boat, weld it all back up and add a dump either outside the hull or inside that you have to attach hoses to in order to dump outside.

Mike A.
05-27-2010, 01:57 PM
If you want max noise level then long tube headers would be the way to go, can't imagine how to get louder than that. :)

Tractor exhaust.:sifone:

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-27-2010, 02:28 PM
What advantages are there?

Little.. On a pleasure boat with Gils making them dry and louder will most likely do nothing but, get you tickets for noise.

endeavor1
05-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Little.. On a pleasure boat with Gils making them dry and louder will most likely do nothing but, get you tickets for noise.

I thought it added at least an inch to your pecker while running wide open..... :sifone:

DAREDEVIL
05-27-2010, 06:34 PM
I thought it added at least an inch to your pecker while running wide open..... :sifone:

:rolleyes:...thionking of it , that kind of is the idea,,,NO ????:sifone::driving:

RLJ676
05-27-2010, 09:07 PM
you can also have your current gil risers converted to dry. Gil will probably do it... they will cut the end off where the water dumps in, lengthen the tubes to fit your boat, weld it all back up and add a dump either outside the hull or inside that you have to attach hoses to in order to dump outside.

This is what my boat has. Dumps some water out the hoses and a little bit out the exhaust. It is pretty damn loud.:USA:

TomZ
05-28-2010, 09:59 AM
I lengthened the internal stainless tubes on my risers and they dump into my tips. I have a small block with a lot of cam and needed this to combat reversion (it works). Very loud! But again it's a small block so how loud can it be? ;)

baja27
05-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Last year I had three quarter pipes and switched to full lenght tails with water dumping at the end. Nice sound, not as loud as true dry exhaust just right. Oh ,also I have SM manifolds. The best sound is Stelings(sp) headers big tube sounds like a prostock car , nice and crisp!!!!

Ratickle
05-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Tractor exhaust.:sifone:

That should do it.......

Sean Stinson
05-29-2010, 06:14 AM
Sometimes even just the air / fuel mixture can make it louder or quieter depending on if its rich or lean.
If you want max noise level then long tube headers would be the way to go,
you may be able to sell your current system and put that towards a good used set with dry tails.
Cant imagine how to get louder than that. :)

Dry Megaphone tailpipes will make her loud trust me I speak from experience!!!!