PDA

View Full Version : Something Good Happening in our Industry.

Edward R. Cozzi
05-22-2010, 01:20 PM
I am encouraged by the action I'm getting for surveys.

January.......7 surveys
February......9 surveys
March........16 surveys
April...........22 surveys

May...so far 12 with another 4 scheduled. Some are for insurance and/or financing, but most are pre-purchase on medium size boats.

You guys in sales just hang in there.

lucky strike
05-22-2010, 02:08 PM
It's looking' better every month, thats a good thing.
Now if I could only sell my Sutphen you could add another.

Ratickle
05-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Thanks Ed. Nice to know......

How is that comparing to last year at this time, if you don't mind.

Racerguymiami
05-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Add another one Ed. Just sea trialed a 50 Cranchi up at Lighthouse Point that looks like it's gonna go. I'll call you on Monday with the details.

Edward R. Cozzi
05-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Thanks Ed. Nice to know......

How is that comparing to last year at this time, if you don't mind.

January 2009.......7
February 2009......6
March 2009.........10
April 2009............10
May 2009.............9

My website is making a BIG difference. I have not raised my rates since 2006! Still $15.00 a foot for a local to me survey.

Edward R. Cozzi
05-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Add another one Ed. Just sea trialed a 50 Cranchi up at Lighthouse Point that looks like it's gonna go. I'll call you on Monday with the details.

Great! Let's make it happen.

Top Banana
05-22-2010, 10:19 PM
I am encouraged by the action I'm getting for surveys.

January.......7 surveys
February......9 surveys
March........16 surveys
April...........22 surveys

May...so far 12 with another 4 scheduled. Some are for insurance and/or financing, but most are pre-purchase on medium size boats.

You guys in sales just hang in there.

Does this mean you are buying the lobster dinner next time you come to Rhode Island??

Edward R. Cozzi
05-22-2010, 11:34 PM
I would have been happy to pick-up the check the last time, but YOU were too slick for me!

YoungPerformance
05-23-2010, 12:09 PM
That is great to hear Ed. I am having my best year ever. It is more rebuilds/upgrades than new, turn key power, but I'm not complaining. I still have enough work for several months. If I could just get the parts, I would be in good shape. This is the worst I have seen it for getting parts. Most stuff that is usually readily available and on the shelf is taking weeks to get.
Eddie

old377guy
05-23-2010, 04:40 PM
always great to hear some good news.

CRC
05-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Donzi has reported an increase in sales. Mainly larger boats and some orders outside the USA.

HPBoats83
05-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah it's always good to hear positive outlooks and experiences people have instead of the doom and gloom stories.

Edward R. Cozzi
05-24-2010, 09:04 AM
Donzi has reported an increase in sales. Mainly larger boats and some orders outside the USA.

I'm not surprised about the overseas sales with the exchange rate being in their favor like it is.

TGC-32
05-24-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm not surprised about the overseas sales with the exchange rate being in their favor like it is.

Actually, it is the other way around right now. Foreign (at least European) boats are getting less expensive for US buyers, while US products are getting MORE expensive for European purchasers. We sell English (Fairline), French (Prestige) and Italian (Euromarine/Jaguar) production yachts. The exchange rates are actually in favor of the US buyers purchasing foreign built boats. For example, the Pound Sterling has dropped over 10% in the past four months, from $1.65 to $1.45. The Euro is on a similar track.

With all of the volatility in our domestic markets, its hard to believe that the dollar is actually GAINING against the Pound and Euro, but I guess it just shows that as bad as we might think we have it here, it is WORSE over there!!! In any event, I agree that things are slowly starting to look better. Here's hoping it continues.

Tom
Total Marine