PDA

View Full Version : New look for my Bertram 38

Bertram38
05-19-2010, 12:19 PM
So, how does it look.:cheers2: Give it to me straight, LOL
Kurt

GregP
05-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Looks good. A real classic boat. Would love to see more of it.

-Greg

Bertram38
05-19-2010, 12:24 PM
The way it was when Phil lewis owned it.:sifone:
NNIII:driving:

That is Phil and his twin Brother back in the day.

Bertram38
05-19-2010, 12:25 PM
I see now I am still missing the boot stripe.
Maybe after the Jacksonville poker run.:driving:

Bobcat
05-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Very nice !

bulletbob
05-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Gorgeous!! Looks like it's ready for the races. Wouldn't change a thing.

Gladhe8er
05-19-2010, 01:59 PM
I don't think you could have made it look any better. Good work!

old377guy
05-19-2010, 03:17 PM
love it!

GENERAL LEE
05-19-2010, 03:40 PM
That looks SO good. Fantastic http://smiliesftw.com/x/bowdownflip.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

NNRT
05-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Very Nice Kurt - My twin - Peter - (on the right in the photo) hand built that trailer- the steel was given to us by a friend - all we had to do is to buy the hitch, and the axels and tires - Peter is quite talented with mechanical things - trailer still looks good - 34 years later- and the boat looks great - add the white Chine stripe - then its complete - One day - would love to go for a ride - if down your way - you did a great job ! Phil

McGary911
05-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Drool. Love the classics.

Enough of the tease.....got anymore pics?

Bertram38
05-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Sure love them Classics, I am very happy with the outcome.
Thanks Phil for the good words.
See you all in Jacksonville poker run.:driving: Who hoo.
Kurt

lucky strike
05-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Kurt

AWESOME ! I watched Phil build that boat & the trailer is a work of art.

Great job Kurt.

DAREDEVIL
05-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Kurt

I love it, but u wanted a straight answer...mmmhhhhh 2 thing's i don't like ....first...its not mine...second the race number should be a tat bigger and farther forward with a red outline as well ,,then the number 38 ..its confusing !!!!!!!!

SORRY:sifone:

NNRT
05-20-2010, 05:33 AM
AWESOME ! I watched Phil build that boat & the trailer is a work of art.

Great job Kurt.

Thanks Steve - I am sure Peter appreciates your words - I will tell him - he hangs around Bridge Marine and Forsbergs now - just to keep busy -

Phil

Magic Medicine
05-20-2010, 08:07 AM
awesome!!!!

Bertram38
05-20-2010, 08:20 AM
I love it, but u wanted a straight answer...mmmhhhhh 2 thing's i don't like ....first...its not mine...second the race number should be a tat bigger and farther forward with a red outline as well ,,then the number 38 ..its confusing !!!!!!!!

SORRY:sifone:

Can do, I thought that also, plus the entire theme will be stretched out and taller.
Vinyl is being made today with updated thoughts.
Thanks
Kurt

dykstra
05-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Way cool!!

Steve Miklos
05-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Gorgeous!
Steve

Bodyshot1
05-20-2010, 04:15 PM
killer job!

BlackJack58
05-20-2010, 04:25 PM
That is an awesome classic. I wouldn't change a thing - congratulations on a super job!

wannabe
05-21-2010, 07:47 AM
Kurt, I would make the changes suggested with the 30 black numbers on white backgound. The 38 should be smaller and in a font more similar to the "competition". Glad this project has come together for you.

Roger

redhotsommer
05-21-2010, 07:51 AM
Wow. I love it. Great job!

Bertram38
05-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Kurt, I would make the changes suggested with the 30 black numbers on white backgound. The 38 should be smaller and in a font more similar to the "competition". Glad this project has come together for you.

Roger

Hey Roger, how is it hangin.

Thanks for the tips. Looks like the black with white background is it.
I still have time. Monday she will make the vinyl for me.
Kurt

CBarrie
05-21-2010, 09:30 AM
A boat from my day..love those Bertram's..great ride. Craig

DAREDEVIL
05-21-2010, 09:33 AM

Roger

Now that i think of it...yes..sounds cool !
But remember to place the 30 almost all the wau up front...it actually sais in the rulebooks..also from back in the day...3-5 feet from the bow,,or something like that ?!

DAREDEVIL
05-21-2010, 09:34 AM

Welcome to SOS. :cheers2:

FastDonzi
05-21-2010, 11:05 AM

Criag should probably get Icon status as well...

Dude! Sweet!
05-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Nice!

Offshore Ginger
05-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Kurt , very awsome ride and one of my all time favorites & Welcome to SOS !:seeya:

DAREDEVIL
05-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Criag should probably get Icon status as well...

:iagree::USA:

UNRECONSTRUCTED
05-22-2010, 12:58 AM
Stunning classic. I love it just as it is personally.

Edward R. Cozzi
05-22-2010, 06:36 PM
That boat still brings back great old memories when I see one. The late, great Howard Quam and Keith Hazell taught me the art of throttling in the 38 Competition. Best of Luck with her.

Top Banana
05-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Kurt ....Fantastic.

Black number on white background......red outline of white background....bootstripe added and racing number back from the bow...3 feet....great suggestions!!

AND....don't you have a set of "special" decals from Miami that could go on there also??

DAREDEVIL
05-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Kurt ....Fantastic.

Black number on white background......red outline of white background....bootstripe added and racing number back from the bow...3 feet....great suggestions!!

AND....don't you have a set of "special" decals from Miami that could go on there also??

Thats kind of what i thought ...but i did not know how to say it really...if i think about it ,,,thats it..LOL :cheers2:

Offshore Ginger
05-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Kurt , your Bert is kinda of an old farts boat ,almost like some of us on this forum but truely.................is a very awsome piece and still stands the test of time..........Rock solid and built like a brick $hit house and like i posted before ... these boats are one of my all time favorites along with the Barron .

Edward R. Cozzi
05-24-2010, 11:19 AM
You haven't lived until that baby starts chine-walking at about 80. Then you realize that it's not going to get worse and you can enjoy it.

Bertram38
05-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Kurt ....Fantastic.

Yes I have them, they will be installed on the deck when that gets done, maybe by the summers end I will have the deck ready for Vinyl. Just alot of work has been going on with her. But end result seems to be awesome.
thanks for the tips all. #30 will be in black with white circle closer to the front. Who hoo.
Kurt:willy_nilly:

Bertram38
05-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Yes I have them, they will be installed on the deck when that gets done, maybe by the summers end I will have the deck ready for Vinyl. Just alot of work has been going on with her. But end result seems to be awesome.
thanks for the tips all. #30 will be in black with white circle closer to the front. Who hoo.
Kurt:willy_nilly:

HORBA is that the one:toetap05:

mARINER191
03-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Gotta love that classic 38! A great restoration. Any photos of the equally trick NNRT 36' Bertram with teak deck?
Mark
www.propslip.com

NNRT
03-07-2011, 06:09 AM
Gotta love that classic 38! A great restoration. Any photos of the equally trick NNRT 36' Bertram with teak deck?
Mark
www.propslip.com

Here are a few -

Phil

ApachePete
03-07-2011, 01:01 PM
I had no idea that Phil's brother is so much better looking. :rolleyes:

Bobcat
03-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Love that teak deck.

NNRT
03-07-2011, 06:39 PM
I had no idea that Phil's brother is so much better looking. :rolleyes:

Haha Peter ! Yes, Peter is my twin, but we don't look much alike - He has all the Talent too - Am sure you remembered him - he use to take Still Photos for me - until we had a problem in Ft. Meyers in 1986 - The Governer let go on our Jet Ranger - we were in sight of the Airport in fact had called in for Refuel and permission to land - however in seconds the engine started to over speed and was not controlable - so my Pilot made the decision to land where we were - in a Sub-division - at the time we just watched for wires and all was calm - only when I started to walk to a near by house to use a phone, did I realize what could have happened. From that time on - he either flew in a separate Helicopter or not at all with me.

Anyway - good to hear form you Peter - you and your team were always a Class Act - and I never had a problem remembering your name - same as my twin brother Peter !

Be well Peter !

Phil

ApachePete
03-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Haha Peter ! Yes, Peter is my twin, but we don't look much alike - He has all the Talent too - Am sure you remembered him - he use to take Still Photos for me - until we had a problem in Ft. Meyers in 1986 - The Governer let go on our Jet Ranger - we were in sight of the Airport in fact had called in for Refuel and permission to land - however in seconds the engine started to over speed and was not controlable - so my Pilot made the decision to land where we were - in a Sub-division - at the time we just watched for wires and all was calm - only when I started to walk to a near by house to use a phone, did I realize what could have happened. From that time on - he either flew in a separate Helicopter or not at all with me.

Anyway - good to hear form you Peter - you and your team were always a Class Act - and I never had a problem remembering your name - same as my twin brother Peter !

Be well Peter !

Phil

Nice to hear from you, Phil.

For a real Class Act, look no further than to NNRT.

NNRT
03-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Awe Shucks ! - Thank you Peter - we all had fun while it lasted -
I appreciate your friendship ! Our efforts were a Team effort - Great Pilots, um... narration - let me see um..... oh yes - it was good too even if I had to edit with the audio turned off at times !

and most of all - we had clients like You Peter who believed in us - and were there for us ! Thank you !

Phil

T2x
03-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Phil:

Funny....you didn't worry about me going down in flames with you...:D

Tell them about the exploding battery trick when we put down on the beach in Mantoloking........or running on fumes in the fog across the Chesapeake Bay....... or dipping a strut in the water off Atlantic City....or flying up between the World Trade Center towers...... or skimming over (and between) the trees in the Everglades.....or playing chicken with "Brand X's" helicopter over Fort Myers and Key West (and always winning)...;)

You also missed a few when I was flying with Mac Gowan and ESPN.... The pilot who I had to smack (literally) when he hysterically panicked after his buddy crashed in front of us at Corpus....or the other guy who was crying because I wanted him to fly somewhere near the race course (perish the thought!)... You would not believe the schmucks I had to give "on the job training" to after the NNRT days were over.

As I constantly repeat....you can't make this stuff up.

T2x

NNRT
03-09-2011, 05:28 AM
you are right Richie - your memory is excellent too - looking back, maybe I would not do it again !

Bertram38
03-09-2011, 10:41 AM
I see I have to Chime in here, hello Phil.
I just had a great weekend with B38 on Lake George, Fl.
She is runnin real good, Real proud of my B38. Going on 7 years now since I have purchased her.
I plan on going to Jacksonville again in June I belive, please come on down if you can for a ride.
Would be a pleasure.:cheers2::hurray:
Kurt

MOBILEMERCMAN
03-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Love that teak deck.

Me too.

DonziMiami
03-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Beautiful classic!!

NNRT
03-10-2011, 06:03 AM
Hi Kurt - Hope to get down there - thanks for the Invitation - Thanks to all for their comments -

Phil

Bertram38
03-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Just did a complete maintenance on B38, all looks good, even checked oil filters for any weird debree, all clean. Not a trace of any precious metals in either filter. 65 hours and still runnin strong. I was going to update a few things this year, but nope, money does not grow on trees.
But the older I get, it sure cripples me up to work in that damn engine room.
Takes about two days of cramps and extreem pain before I get back to normal. Advils are my savior.
Phil, I have me a girlfriend now, so my deck hardware will be interesting from now on.:_boobies::cheers2:
Kurt

AugiePensa
03-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Kurt, BEAUTIFUL! Best Wishes. Augie