PDA

View Full Version : $45K - 2 years

YankeY
05-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Now ready to sell the boat.

DAREDEVIL
05-15-2010, 07:59 PM
and I still have nothing. Just found out it's going to take $2500-$3000 each to modify my motors to get them in the boat. I can't take this chit any longer - the boat is for sale when it is done.

WOW..that is 50 K for 2 engines in 2 years..u could of bought them for that money ready incl install. ??!!:eek::ack2:

Tension
05-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Is this another " I've been changing my mind for two years now and want to bitch and blame someone else" story, or another " I'm going to drag someone through the mud , in twenty or thirty no-information post's? :willy_nilly:

YankeY
05-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Is this another " I've been changing my mind for two years now and want to bitch and blame someone else" story, or another " I'm going to drag someone through the mud , in twenty or thirty no-information post's? :willy_nilly:

Sorry - would never wanto to phucking bother you. Change my f'ing mind - I couldn't change it enough.

Offshore Ginger
05-15-2010, 08:50 PM
and I still have nothing. Just found out it's going to take $2500-$3000 each to modify my motors to get them in the boat. I can't take this chit any longer - the boat is for sale when it is done. Hey guy , just what are you looking for in a motor and what HP ? I have to say that it all depends on you and the reliability of the motors you are building, pump gas or............. and might i mention that if you would have went with Sterling the price would have been much more ...........but such a great motor !!! Sorry i just read your last post and thought i would run this thru , Dam ......bro i have said the same thing time and time again and always come back with a smaller boat !

YankeY
05-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Hey guy , just what are you looking for in a motor and what HP ? I have to say that it all depends on you and the reliability of the motors you are building, pump gas or............. and might i mention that if you would have went with Sterling the price would have been much more ...........but such a great motor !!! Sorry i just read your last post and thought i would run this thru , Dam ......bro i have said the same thing time and time again and always come back with a smaller boat !

I was just looking for something reliable - that started and ran when you turned the key. I just made some bad choices in my quest for that.

Looking for a 25-27' center console at this moment.

LotoSteve
05-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I was just looking for something reliable - that started and ran when you turned the key. I just made some bad choices in my quest for that.

Looking for a 25-27' center console at this moment.

Someone doesn't like the truth being posted. My post keep disappearing.

Buoy
05-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Sorry to hear this bud.
What happened?
I know you were turning some good numbers on motor #1. Did she go south quick? or did #2 turn into a nightmare?:confused:

This is why I like to stick with a little single screw hotrod. Hell, and at the moment, I can't even afford that (I sound like DD now):leaving:

Offshore Ginger
05-15-2010, 09:18 PM

Looking for a 25-27' center console at this moment. Hey , i think we all have been there and done that and with that in mind do not throw your self under the bus. Take care my friend .

endeavor1
05-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Hey , i think we all have been there and done that and with that in mind do not throw your self under the bus. Take care my friend .

:iagree: Sometimes I wonder if my BT is "the boat". I find myself looking at smaller boats with smaller power all the time. I hope it works out for you though.

YankeY
05-16-2010, 12:58 AM

Please explain all the changes that were made - since you know so ****ing much. Where was my first "I've been changing my mind for a year" post ?

Where are the other 19 to 29 other posts dragging anyone through the mud? This is the only post made on this topic.

POWERPLAY33
05-16-2010, 01:18 AM
That sucks ya got problems. We all have them. best of luck to ya...

fund razor
05-16-2010, 06:15 AM
Did something happen Yankey?

fund razor
05-16-2010, 06:41 AM
You seem to beg an answer.
I'll answer this because I don't know you or Dean.

To quote Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001):
"slandering people anonymously, that's what the internet is for."

If you have a personal experience or legal judgement to share. Please do share.
If you have rumors and innuendo, suggestions, implications, results of random internet searches, want to ruin his business because you are mad at him, or just want to share stuff that you "heard" please refrain.

If you have been the victim of a crime, hang up and dial 911.

fund razor
05-16-2010, 06:45 AM
Please explain all the changes that were made - since you know so ****ing much. Where was my first "I've been changing my mind for a year" post -douche?

Where are the other 19 to 29 other posts dragging anyone through the mud? This is the only post made on this topic.

Many members have become sensitized to the recent round of personal attacks posing as righteous attempts to save the industry from a terrible person. Perhaps Tension is one of them and is referring to that, rather than something that you personally did.

Sick Sting
05-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Whats the deal here im very interetest as the engine builder mentioned has peaked my intrest 2 of my friends have there motors there. Its been 1.5 years for one and about 1 year for another and a lot of dough

Tension
05-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Yankey, we're at 16+ post's and ???? See post #13. You're rants to me are childish, and if you have someone to blame-spill it! So far, some don't like gellner, you've made some poor decisions, have an unreliable boat, and have paid 45k for broken motors? Now members are questioning an engine builders operation. 2 years is a huge time to put up with bs from anyone! I'm not the problem here, but, for lack of information, speculation could be rampant.....

DAREDEVIL
05-16-2010, 09:23 AM
I can only say..Dean is known to take very very long , but he also builds great engines !!:eek:

Chris
05-16-2010, 09:50 AM

Here's how the rules around here work-

If you have an issue that you'd like to discuss, you're free to do so. If you're a third party that has also had an issue on the same topic with one of the other parties, you're welcome to add your experiences. Any and all of what's posted must be facual and on topic. There cannot be any baseless allegations, name calling or reference to other people's business of any kind. Generic words of wisdom are acceptable from third parties- in moderation.

The rules are based on those of common decency- or if you prefer, your average barfight. The two parties are welcome to go at it if they so choose. But when you step into the parking lot, it's the two of you. We're not going to let all your pals pile on and stomp the $hit out of a guy for their own entertainment.

Buoy
05-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Here's how the rules around here work-

If you have an issue that you'd like to discuss, you're free to do so. If you're a third party that has also had an issue on the same topic with one of the other parties, you're welcome to add your experiences. Any and all of what's posted must be facual and on topic. There cannot be any baseless allegations, name calling or reference to other people's business of any kind. Generic words of wisdom are acceptable from third parties- in moderation.

The rules are based on those of common decency- or if you prefer, your average barfight. The two parties are welcome to go at it if they so choose. But when you step into the parking lot, it's the two of you. We're not going to let all your pals pile on and stomp the $hit out of a guy for their own entertainment.

Now, that's a great post!
I think that makes it pretty clear.:smash::)

fund razor
05-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Dam... 45k and two years.
I just realized I am only a little bit behind that. :o :D

LotoSteve
05-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Dam... 45k and two years.
I just realized I am only a little bit behind that. :o :D

A good guy like Yankey gets phucked for 2 years and 45k and you think its funny :rolleyes::mad:

I sure hope he or his wife post what happened. Its enough to make you sick.

Buoy
05-16-2010, 01:59 PM
A good guy like Yankey gets phucked for 2 years and 45k and you think its funny :rolleyes::mad:

I sure hope he or his wife post what happened. Its enough to make you sick.

Yankey is a good guy. Hope to see him again next time he's out here.

Not sure what the story is on his motors yet, last I talked to him one was on the dyno making some very nice numbers.

I think Fund was kinda laughing at himself, because he's been in much the same scenario for the past year and half - 2 years.

fund razor
05-16-2010, 03:07 PM
I think Fund was kinda laughing at himself, because he's been in much the same scenario for the past year and half - 2 years.

Exactly. Thank you.
I do not know Yankey's story because he didn't post it.

I do know my own though, and when I realized that I had spent 30k and 18 months I had to sheepishly laugh at myself. They have these smilies to help convey these complex emotions. :o

Without knowing the details and what happened, I can tell you from experience that it is not difficult to spend that kind of time and money on a project. I am not glad to hear that circumstances for Yankey did not allow him to absorb this investment.

To be honest though.... I would prefer to stay out of it, because I have no idea what is being insinuated by these guys about Dean.

My comment was was just a comment. :leaving:

customtouch
05-16-2010, 03:26 PM
I have no dog in this fight and I don't know what the story is here because the original post is gone. I will say this though, I dealt with Yankey while modifying & painting his H2x. He was patient, easy going, open to suggestions of upgrades, and always held up his end of the deal. He was the type of customer you wish they all were like. Again, I don't know the story here and (there is always two), but it seems to me like it would take a lot to piss him off enough to come on a public forum and complain about someone.

Sorry for your problems Yankee and I wish you the best in settling what ever dispute you are having with your motors.

Sick Sting
05-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Will some one post a summary
-Mike

fund razor
05-17-2010, 06:46 AM
IMO...People should either commit to an explanation, or refrain from dropping veiled hints.

Sunsation96
05-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Will someone clear this up? This is like starting a thread and saying I am mad at someone but not telling who that is or a reason why

Mrhorsepower1
05-17-2010, 02:33 PM
WOW..that is 50 K for 2 engines in 2 years..u could of bought them for that money ready incl install. ??!!:eek::ack2:

NO....The engines were NOT $45,00.00. thank you.

Mrhorsepower1
05-17-2010, 02:43 PM
The engines are perfect, within 3 HP of each other, They will fit in the boat and it will NOT cost $3,000.00 to get them installed. The " PROJECT" is moving forward and have been in communication with Yankey, all is well . There was some " jumping to conclusions" going on with all this before things were looked at with the rigging in the boat. ...Lay this BS too rest already.

stecz20
05-17-2010, 03:06 PM
The engines are perfect, within 3 HP of each other, They will fit in the boat and it will NOT cost $3,000.00 to get them installed. The " PROJECT" is moving forward and have been in communication with Yankey, all is well . There was some " jumping to conclusions" going on with all this before things were looked at with the rigging in the boat. ...Lay this BS too rest already.

gellner you need hlep.. someone beating on you???:smash::smash:

fund razor
05-17-2010, 03:19 PM
No slam at Yankey, but it would be good if people took a deep breath and thought about what they are posting before they post it. The amount of bullchit, rumor, innuendo and suggestion out there on so many topics is insane. I couldn't be more sick of people who have nothing better to do than get involved in this crap.

And then people start dragging others into it.
Anybody who doesn't jump on the bandwagon of hate and knows the person involved is fair game.

If Dean had not refuted this, it would be assumed to be true. That's the way of the internet these days... one person makes an innuendo and you are guilty if you don't immediately jump in.
And if you try to stay out, the losers and low lifes keep dragging you in anyway. Posting comments about how often you do or do not pee.

For the life of me, I don't understand why people even post anything on the internet at all with all of this Jerry Springer style "justice" running rampant out there.

I think that we all owe it to ourselves to make sure that we run into at least one internet bully/keyboard commando in real life this year and smack them hard upside the head. Repeat until they "get it."

Buoy
05-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Fund, you realize my keyboard can beat up your keyboard don't you?:)

fund razor
05-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Fund, you realize my keyboard can beat up your keyboard don't you?:)

Yeah, I read it on the internet. It must be true.

fund razor
05-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Again, not aimed at Yankey, but on the subject: I think that we will see more and more legal action over some of the nonsense that people post on the internet thinking that they are immune to the ramifications of their actions. There is more and more case law every day.

And I think we will see more killings and beatings too.

Internet bullying: not just for seventh graders anymore.

Tension
05-17-2010, 05:44 PM
See post #3. And then, the answer at post #30! What's with this chit? People need to be Banned for this crap!! Or at least given a time out! :mad:

fund razor
05-17-2010, 05:49 PM
See post #3. And then, the answer at post #30! What's with this chit? People need to be Banned for this crap!! Or at least given a time out! :mad:

Remember, it is still "he said vs. he said."

We don't know if anybody has been ripped off. We have two guys views.

My point is that I am tired of people bypassing the prosecutor and using internet forums instead. Somebody a crook? Don't start here. Finish here.

I will wait and see what happens. I would puke to have to wade into another one of these. Best of luck to all involved. I am not.

LotoSteve
05-17-2010, 06:20 PM

Read between the lines. The situation is trying to get worked out behind the scenes. And although this thread was started out of anger and frustration, the end result is applying pressure to the right place.

Mrhorsepower1
05-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Yankey is a great guy and further more we have become good friends . Yes these major projects can get frustrating, I know first had when I raced NHRA Pro Stock. Like I have told Yankey I want to see the ENTIRE boat go together properly just like he did with the engines. All will come together and it will be reliable and run like a raped ape!....We didn't win multiple World Championships for nothing! :) :sifone:

Mrhorsepower1
05-17-2010, 06:41 PM
gellner you need hlep.. someone beating on you???:smash::smash:

No....just come work for me Stecz.

LotoSteve
05-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Yankey is a great guy and further more we have become good friends . Yes these major projects can get frustrating, I know first had when I raced NHRA Pro Stock. Like I have told Yankey I want to see the ENTIRE boat go together properly just like he did with the engines. All will come together and it will be reliable and run like a raped ape!....We didn't win multiple World Championships for nothing! :) :sifone:

When?

Big Time
05-18-2010, 11:22 AM
When?

I think he had two boats that were running his engines that won worlds in 2009. Cleveland Construction and Rum Runner...but I could be wrong.

fund razor
05-18-2010, 11:31 AM
I think he had two boats that were running his engines that won worlds in 2009. Cleveland Construction and Rum Runner...but I could be wrong.

He may have meant "when will Yankey's boat be done?"
But I could be wrong.

TIKI
05-18-2010, 12:05 PM
What boat are these going in?

LotoSteve
05-18-2010, 12:08 PM
What boat are these going in?

Yankey's Bullet

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2089/201/98/1072224134/n1072224134_30210241_9753.jpg

fund razor
05-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Pretty boat.

Big Time
05-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Yankey's Bullet

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2089/201/98/1072224134/n1072224134_30210241_9753.jpg

That thing is beautiful!!

Mrhorsepower1
05-18-2010, 01:29 PM
When?

Last year was the latest . Team Cleveland Construction Racing and Rum Runners Racing both brought home World Championships in Key West.

Mrhorsepower1
05-18-2010, 01:30 PM
We have also won multiple races and championships over the years in A , B, Super Vee and Modified classes. :sifone:

LotoSteve
05-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Last year was the latest . Team Cleveland Construction Racing and Rum Runners Racing both brought home World Championships in Key West.

I meant "when", as in, when will you be done with Yankey's motors? Another week, month, 6 months, a year?

drpete3
05-18-2010, 02:12 PM
gotta say I love Yankees boat. really Nice rig there

bulletbob
05-18-2010, 03:33 PM
When are you and the boat coming to South Carolina YankeY? Good luck getting it finished.

stormrider
05-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Yankee is Steve???

Sunsation96
05-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Yankey's Bullet

I can't even put that into words:drool5::drool5::drool5::willy_nilly::drool5::drool5:

LotoSteve
05-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Yankee is Steve???

No. I restored it, then sold it to Yankey.

Mrhorsepower1
05-18-2010, 05:00 PM
I meant "when", as in, when will you be done with Yankey's motors? Another week, month, 6 months, a year?

They have been done bro.

Mrhorsepower1
05-18-2010, 05:01 PM

Who built the engines in it Steve originally?

LotoSteve
05-18-2010, 05:50 PM
They have been done bro.

Really? Maybe you should let Yankey know. After 2 years and 45k, he just might want to know that.

Coolers mounted? Oil lines connected? Hoses hooked up? Starters work? Motor mounts in?

How many motors have been in and out AFTER Yankey paid up front, or is he your only customer?

fund razor
05-18-2010, 07:39 PM

From that pic... you did a dam good job. :cheers2:

Sick Sting
05-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Dean no ball bustin here what so ever and dont take this the wrong way but Post some pics man love to see it set up. Plus throw some of Airtime Arti's motor on here to love to see that also i loved it when i finished the build on my velocity with my blower sister motor that Precision did for me.
-Mike

pkspx
05-18-2010, 08:59 PM
both engines already at the boat. Yankee, I'm picking up my new hatch friday, cant wait to see those things !!

Dyno Pull on number 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2j5u26B9DA

Idle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZu5zROB0Lg

LotoSteve
05-18-2010, 09:15 PM
From that pic... you did a dam good job. :cheers2:

Thanks. Yankey owns the best looking Bullet in the world. Of course I may be a little bias. :)

LotoSteve
05-18-2010, 09:16 PM
both engines already at the boat. Yankee, I'm picking up my new hatch friday, cant wait to see those things !!

Dyno Pull on number 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2j5u26B9DA

Idle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZu5zROB0Lg

Are you saying you have Yankey's motors in your shop and if so, are they complete?

pkspx
05-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Are you saying you have Yankey's motors in your shop and if so, are they complete?

nope just a friend. the guy putting them in the boat has them already at his shop. you can click on the vids to see the dyno pulls, they sound amazing.

Sick Sting
05-18-2010, 09:45 PM
PK artis engine done on the dyno?
-Mike

pkspx
05-18-2010, 10:28 PM
PK artis engine done on the dyno?
-Mike

both engines already dynoed and delivered to the shop where the boat is. i believe one is already in the boat.

phragle
05-19-2010, 12:40 AM
nope just a friend. the guy putting them in the boat has them already at his shop. you can click on the vids to see the dyno pulls, they sound amazing.

PK, Where the ph:cuss:ck is my floaty keychain?? I have been patiently waiting a year and a half :smash:. Motors may take some time to build and tune, but a year and a half for a friggin floaty keychain??

Mrhorsepower1
05-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Thanks. Yankey owns the best looking Bullet in the world. Of course I may be a little bias. :)

Steve, you sold him a nice boat with engines that were ready to grenade bro!....junk.

LotoSteve
05-19-2010, 09:34 AM
I have been instructed not to say anymore on the subject because its between Gellner and Yankey, and I dont disagree with that policy.

I doubt Yankey will post anymore either. He is sick and tired of the whole situation.

stecz20
05-19-2010, 09:40 AM
The boat is gorgeous......

Sick Sting
05-19-2010, 10:01 AM
PK Arti's is a blower motor it not Yankee its the 572 Blower from Mass didnt know if you happen to see it at the shop.

fund razor
05-19-2010, 10:05 AM
I have been instructed not to say anymore on the subject because its between Gellner and Yankey, and I dont disagree with that policy.

I doubt Yankey will post anymore either. He is sick and tired of the whole situation.

That is probably for the best. I hope that it all comes together.

Few boats impress me all that much. THAT boat I would like to see in person. :USA:

Chris
05-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Steve sent me closeups of the Cig logo on the side a year or so ago. The paintwork on it is absolutely beautiful.

Mrhorsepower1
05-19-2010, 01:19 PM
It's BAD AZZ!:cool:

Sick Sting
05-19-2010, 08:11 PM
So Artis Engine?????? Or is it like i didnt even post this???

Mrhorsepower1
05-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Hey Mike! How have you been brother?! .... Going to paint right now then dyno.

Sick Sting
05-21-2010, 09:31 AM
:smash: IM good but you sold my cranks on me. Hey i need the oil pan from artis engine. Also im doing a small block build on a 22 soon. want to do it. Will be in fall and no BS just build me some power deal?
-Mike

Mrhorsepower1
05-22-2010, 07:32 AM
No problem Mike...What ever you need just call...you know I will try to save you money. Thanks again for all your business over the years! It is greatly appreciated bro!

Dean

Sick Sting
05-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Dean base pan brother im getting into a new single in the next few so lets get this thing going.
-Mike

LotoSteve
05-26-2010, 09:04 PM

You know, I said I would stop posting about this but I just heard Yankey still hasn't gotten everything he should have. Why??? Can you justify how a man can spend 45k at a machine shop and not get everything he was told he would get? Jeeez, just make it right and move on. Why the drama?

Chris
05-26-2010, 10:44 PM
You know, I said I would stop posting about this but I just heard Yankey still hasn't gotten everything he should have. Why??? Can you justify how a man can spend 45k at a machine shop and not get everything he was told he would get? Jeeez, just make it right and move on. Why the drama?

I tried to do this privately with you Steve- to extend you some respect.

Apparently that didn't work.

This is Yankey's issue. It's his private business and is absolutely no business of yours in any fashion. If he has an unresolved issue and wants to bring it here, that's up to him. Clearly he does not- and clearly he has his own reasons.

I have spoken to Dean. As in all issues like this, there are two sides to the story. At this point these two gentlemen are choosing to resolve this between themselves. And that's the way grown ups do these things. I don't know Yankey but he seems like a good guy. I do know Dean and I know he's a good guy with a loyal following.

If Yankey wants this thread reopened, he can PM me. Otherwise...