PDA

View Full Version : Life is good being a fresh water wrench.

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-29-2010, 11:41 AM
I have spent 20 years wrenching on salt and brackish water boats. Since I have moved to Texas 4 years ago I have become spoiled. I don't miss working on salt exposed things at all. I can now assume {and be correct} that things will come right apart. No need to heat, spray, cut, torch, or cuss any more over seized parts...

Those little screws on gimble rings. No problem. Stainless bolts seized in aluminum? Not here. :sifone:

sonicss31
04-29-2010, 03:58 PM
All that is good but you still miss the Chesapeake.

htrdlncn
04-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Same here, after most my life in Miami/the Keys I was used to stuff needing to be changed/replaced almost every season, now stuff looks as good after 5 years as the day I install it.
:)

Wardey
04-29-2010, 05:57 PM
My father-in-law has a 1980 something boat that has only seen freshwater and is garage kept.....boat looks brand new !!!! Salt and Sun are rough on a boat.

Bobcat
04-29-2010, 05:59 PM
The Sun alone in S.Fla. will kill boat covers,and boats !

customtouch
05-05-2010, 01:57 PM
I have spent 20 years wrenching on salt and brackish water boats. Since I have moved to Texas 4 years ago I have become spoiled. I don't miss working on salt exposed things at all. I can now assume {and be correct} that things will come right apart. No need to heat, spray, cut, torch, or cuss any more over seized parts...

Those little screws on gimble rings. No problem. Stainless bolts seized in aluminum? Not here. :sifone:

Nice of you to "share" Jim.............NOW GET BACK IN THE BILGE!!!!!!:D

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-05-2010, 02:55 PM
I spend my share of time in the bilge. Thank You.:smash:

I will be in one with in the hour.

Wrinkleface
05-05-2010, 04:20 PM
I spend my share of time in the bilge. Thank You.:smash:

I will be in one with in the hour.

take a margarita in w/ ya!!!:cheers2:

OneBadInjun
05-05-2010, 08:36 PM

Those little screws on gimble rings. No problem. Stainless bolts seized in aluminum? Not here. :sifone:yeah, but think of all the extra labor $$$ your missing out on? lol :sifone:

TMS1155
05-05-2010, 08:39 PM

Kinda takes the fun out of it!

imco offshore
05-05-2010, 08:44 PM
YEA WELL LETS SEE YA HEAD DOWN THE BAY AND OUT THE CUT INTO THE OCEAN FOR A HOUR OF OFFSHORE ,OOOPSSS YOU CAN,T DO THAT ,,IS THAT LAKE TOOO ROUGH FOR YA,,,,LOLOL:bump::cheers2:

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-05-2010, 10:41 PM
I am getting old. I like to cruise around, take a swim and relax. The best part is when I am finished all I do is wipe off the water line and cover her up. No soap or flushing needed.

DAREDEVIL
05-05-2010, 10:43 PM
I am getting old. I like to cruise around, take a swim and relax. The best part is when I am finished all I do is wipe off the water line and cover her up. No soap or flushing needed.

Well, i guess if your getting old.....this will be your last season of racing ?? :rolleyes:

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Two different things Scott. I pleasure boat to relax. I race because I love competition.

DAREDEVIL
05-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Two different things Scott. I pleasure boat to relax. I race because I love competition.

I know,,,just messing with an old man ..lololol:eek::sifone: