PDA

View Full Version : I'm loving Arizona!

Buoy
04-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Last week they passed a law that you don't need a permit for concealed carry.

This week, the Gov. passed a law that allows police to do there job, and start investigating, and arresting illegals. Obama is starting a committee to see if this is legal for Arizona to do.

Love it!
Finally I'm living in a state that is growing some stones and upholding some laws that are already in place.
This should also promote people to SPEAK ENGLISH, otherwise, you could be thought to not be a citizen, and here illegally.
There is going to be all kinds of opposition to this law, but I can't see anything wrong with it aside that some gov't people won't get the easy vote.

.38Special
04-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Sounds good to me! And oddly enough your leader is a woman:eek:

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Al Sharpton is on his way there to protest. Critics say it is racial profiling. So what, something needs to be done and congrats to the Gov.

Buoy
04-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Al Sharpton is on his way there to protest. Critics say it is racial profiling. So what, something needs to be done and congrats to the Gov.

Yeah, and Al Sharpton will have a trail following him to protest.

Texas has already been a state ready to succeed, I say AZ should align with TX, and we'll just take New Mexico with us.

I'm very impressed that Jan Brewer had what it takes to do the right thing and sign the law.

t500hps
04-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Congrats to AZ, hopefully other states see the light!!!!

Lee
04-25-2010, 09:38 PM
I lived in Yuma, AZ for several years. I don't feel your love for the desert. I'll take the 4 seasons anytime. On the other hand kudos for the effort to control the immigration PROBLEM.

Buoy
04-25-2010, 09:48 PM
I lived in Yuma, AZ for several years. I don't feel your love for the desert. I'll take the 4 seasons anytime. On the other hand kudos for the effort to control the immigration PROBLEM.

I've been here a year now, and haven't really had a problem with the heat.
I have to admit, at times it starts to get boring that the weather is beautiful everyday, and you actually look forward to a cool rainy day just to justify making chicken soup for dinner and making the house smell good.

But, I certainly like the direction the Gov't out here is going.
No need for a CCW permit, and let's start investigating illegals... All good in my book.
It's estimated at 460,000 illegals in AZ. I guess that has something to do with why the taxes are so high out here. Even groceries are taxed.

BUIZILLA
04-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Obama is just jealous a woman had more balls than he did, to take control of an out of control Federal situation..

TCEd
04-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Yeah, and Al Sharpton will have a trail following him to protest.

Texas has already been a state ready to succeed, I say AZ should align with TX, and we'll just take New Mexico with us.

I'm very impressed that Jan Brewer had what it takes to do the right thing and sign the law.

Don't let the door hit you in the as* !

Buoy
04-25-2010, 11:46 PM

TCed, while I hope you realize my comment was a bit tongue in cheek, I have to ask, do you not agree that this was a good move to control illegal aliens? I'm living in AZ now, and I see it. I can go through a little town/suburb a few miles away named Guadeloupe, and there are guys standing on the street corner waiting to jump into the back of a truck as day laborers. Just a hunch, but I'm guessing they aren't legal.
It's a very ethnic little town nestled right in the middle of suburbia, kinda strange to drive through.
I used to live in Northern OH, So. Mich, so I'm somewhat familiar with the area you are at. Let me tell ya, it's a lot different out here, a lot different.

03darkshadow
04-26-2010, 07:09 AM
how is making sure people are here LEGALLY a bad idea?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36768649

fund razor
04-26-2010, 07:20 AM
Sounds good to me! And oddly enough your leader is a woman:eek:

I like women. :)

fund razor
04-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Now that I think about it, I like Arizona too. :D

Bobcat
04-26-2010, 07:59 AM

TCed, while I hope you realize my comment was a bit tongue in cheek, I have to ask, do you not agree that this was a good move to control illegal aliens? I'm living in AZ now, and I see it. I can go through a little town/suburb a few miles away named Guadeloupe, and there are guys standing on the street corner waiting to jump into the back of a truck as day laborers. Just a hunch, but I'm guessing they aren't legal.
It's a very ethnic little town nestled right in the middle of suburbia, kinda strange to drive through.
I used to live in Northern OH, So. Mich, so I'm somewhat familiar with the area you are at. Let me tell ya, it's a lot different out here, a lot different.

I think Ed was referring to the Illegals not letting the door hit their ass on the way out !:)

TCEd
04-26-2010, 09:51 AM
I think Ed was referring to the Illegals not letting the door hit their ass on the way out !:)

Yes, correct.

phragle
04-26-2010, 09:58 AM
I lived in Yuma, AZ for several years. .

One question... WHY!!

Buoy
04-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Yes, correct.

Gotcha:)

I guess I took that out of context, sorry.

Sydwayz
04-26-2010, 10:51 AM
There was a great spot on SNL (24th) during Weekend Update about it. See if you can find it on Hulu.

getchasum111
04-26-2010, 12:08 PM
whats up dog....glad u r enjoying your new surroundings....now get to work on that pantera

Tommy Gun
04-26-2010, 12:35 PM
When I get pulled over I'm always aked for my drivers licensce, I don't see what the problem is of asking someone if they are in this country legally. Last I knew being an ILLEGAL alien was just that...ILLEGAL? DUH. What is wrong with this picture? (country, Obama, Democrats????)

phragle
04-26-2010, 01:51 PM
So the police can ask, do you know how fast you were going, have you been drinking, Do you have any drugs or weapons, any warrents, where are you going, where are you comming from, have you ever been arrested etc... but people have a problem with them asking if they are American citizens?

Scarab KV
04-26-2010, 04:31 PM

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

BUIZILLA
04-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Al Sharpton is on his way there to protest. Critics say it is racial profiling. So what, something needs to be done and congrats to the Gov. as was pointed out to me today....

have you EVER seen a black Mexican??

didn't think so...

tell Sharpton that

Trim'd Up
04-26-2010, 08:44 PM
as was pointed out to me today....

didn't think so...

tell Sharpton that

Sure. Their called "blaxicans" :cheers2:

jmoore32fever
04-26-2010, 09:13 PM
The sheriff of butler county, Ohio where I live is HUGE on finding & deporting illegal aliens.... But.... The county was just sued & ordered to pay $100,000 to an illegal alien that he had had deported....

As much as I agree with what Arizona is doing I see huge problems arising....
Google sheriff Richard K. Jones to get the full story, there are all kinds of things he is doing to fight illegal immigration.

Buoy
04-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Sheriff Joe Arpiao (sp?) seems to be the one really running the show out here in Maricopa, not the "feel-good" politicians.
Tent city in the Desert, pink underwear and chain gangs, and pushing for this law to pass.
I sure don't want to make any mistakes around here.

MacGyver
04-27-2010, 08:17 AM
as was pointed out to me today....

didn't think so...

tell Sharpton that

Sure. Their called "blaxicans" :cheers2:

OMG, screen cleaner please!!!

clayinaustin
04-27-2010, 08:57 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/uc/20100427/largeimagepo100426.gif

fund razor
04-27-2010, 12:11 PM
I am not sure what WWII era Nazis stopping a fictional Uncle Sam character in a convertible and asking for identification has to do with stopping the trafficking of human beings and drugs across a sovereign US border.
Unless the implication is that 2010 Arizona and 1942 Germany both had border security as particular strengths. :)

If Uncle Sam was over in Mexico, and he is attempting to enter Arizona, I believe that the Nazis shown guarding the Arizona border are acting appropriately in not allowing Uncle Sam to get in on his fancy hat alone. :D

Although I don't think that the Nazi in question would be Luftwaffe. :)

Premier Perf
04-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Well after this weekend coming up i will tell yall if i like AZ or not (have a feeling i will) as i'm going to pick up my boat (thanks bouy), so lets see how that goes but i have a feeling it going to be a GREAT road trip from Miami....

clayinaustin
04-27-2010, 02:15 PM
That is in real bad taste clayinaustin and intellectually wrong on so many levels. Please explain to me any relevance this has to what is going on in Arizona.
HT

This new law will require law enforcement to ask people for their proof of citizenship (papers). The cartoon is just an exaggeration of that concept.

I found it to be an interesting editorial comment. Nothing more. Don't get your panties in a wad! :sifone:

clayinaustin
04-27-2010, 02:34 PM
I am sure that most people on this board applaud Arizona in its efforts to stop the flood of illegal aliens into the state. However, I find that this new law will do nothing except make matters worse. :(

This law reminds me of the many failed attempts of well-meaning politicians. Prohibition, Gun control, Drug laws... All have failed to stop "real" crime, and have only made matters worse. I believe that it will have zero effect on the Mexican drug wars and other "illegal alien crimes" commited in Arizona and the rest of the country. :rolleyes:

Just my two-cents... :cool:

fund razor
04-27-2010, 02:48 PM
We can actually thank Cardinal Roger Mahony of Los Angeles for his comparison of Arizona's law to Nazism in the media. I feel that he was irresponsible in doing so.

fund razor
04-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Here is the actual bill, in case anybody wants to read it.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

Bobcat
04-27-2010, 03:48 PM
At least they weren't Illinois Nazis......I hate Illinois Nazis....:sifone:

clayinaustin
04-27-2010, 04:20 PM
I really must applaud Arizona for having the actual balls to pass the law that everyone wants to see. Surprisingly enough I always thought it would be Texas....
HT

Not everyone wants to see a law like this. Many Texans understand the need for cheap labor to keep our cost of living low. Without the thousands of migrant workers to harvest produce, most of the food would rot in the fields. Without the "day laborers" the construction industry would have much higher labor costs.

We joke that every restaurant in Texas is a Mexican restaurant because you will find Mexicans working in almost every kitchen. Without their cheap labors, food would be much higher.

Phoenix and Arizona have had a rough time with the Mexican Drug wars - See VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P1dmnjAEPA) - So, I understand their frustration and their perceived need to pass such a desperate law.

However, I still believe that this new law will do nothing to stop the drug war violence. In fact, I believe it will get worse. :(

clayinaustin
04-27-2010, 04:44 PM
BTW... The escalation of murder and violence involving an illegal substance has happened in this country before. :rolleyes:

Well meaning people forced Prohibition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_in_the_United_States) upon this country in 1920. When alcohol became illegal, organized crime exploded and murder rates climbed. Finally in 1933 prohibition was repealed and the country learned it's lesson.

Sadly we are repeating the murder and violence because drugs have replaced alcohol as the money producer for criminals. :(

The poor "illegal" Mexican trying to earn some cash by doing manual labor is not the problem. People with high morals and low IQ with no regard for history are the real problem in this country today! :mad:

Just my "history lesson" two-cents... :)

clayinaustin
04-27-2010, 04:48 PM
clayinaustin.
As an immigrant myself who came from Canada and has been here for almost 2 decades You would be amazed at the cost and by the hoops imposed of legally immigrating to this country. YOU look at the illegal crimials living in this Country as a cost saving.... That is where we differ. I do not.
HT

If we could somehow magically deport every illegal alien in this country, do you really think that out lives would be better? If so, how?

clayinaustin
04-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Let us stop the banter and simply agree to disagree. HT

agreed :D

fund razor
04-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Not everyone wants to see a law like this. Many Texans understand the need for cheap labor to keep our cost of living low. Without the thousands of migrant workers to harvest produce, most of the food would rot in the fields. Without the "day laborers" the construction industry would have much higher labor costs.

We joke that every restaurant in Texas is a Mexican restaurant because you will find Mexicans working in almost every kitchen. Without their cheap labors, food would be much higher.

Phoenix and Arizona have had a rough time with the Mexican Drug wars - See VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P1dmnjAEPA) - So, I understand their frustration and their perceived need to pass such a desperate law.

However, I still believe that this new law will do nothing to stop the drug war violence. In fact, I believe it will get worse. :(

I like Mexican criminals who come here illegally and send millions and millions of cash back to Mexico. They are cool. They work in the mexican restaurants, and I really like Mexican food. They do all of the construction jobs that us lazy Americans don't want to do because we are fat and rich. They bring in all the good cocaine, which keeps the strippers nice and skinny and also keeps their morals loose. Plus, the Mexicans are mostly Catholic. :D
It's all good.

We should legalize everything and lay off the police. That would save a ton of money. They only jam up all of the criminal aliens who are making our country great. :)

fund razor
04-27-2010, 05:42 PM
But hey... maybe I have have a low IQ. :)

Quinlan
04-27-2010, 05:44 PM
I dont care WHERE they come from. Make them pay their fair share of TAXES:cuss:

fund razor
04-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Levity 101....Hey. No sides here, OK. Now how did SOS work the deal for all the free advertising on OSO. Mexicans....I only say this because the posts have moved around more then a legal worker could ever do and surely the drugs to the post principals were comped. Sunkin...come clean......Hey where are my shirts!!!! Clay what do you have to do with this????? Fund????
HT

The free advertising was just a bonus. :D:sifone:

I am also waiting for shirts, but I sent no money... so what are you going to do? :confused:

Chris, can HT get his dam shirts? :D :smash:

Buoy
04-27-2010, 07:45 PM
This past year, my wife had to on-the-spot fire an employee (good worker) because the gal came to her and had to let her(my wife) know that she had to give her SS number back to the person it belonged to.:eek:

That's the real world out here...

fund razor
04-27-2010, 07:49 PM
This past year, my wife had to on-the-spot fire an employee (good worker) because the gal came to her and had to let her(my wife) know that she had to give her SS number back to the person it belonged to.

Your wife is strict. :D

Buoy
04-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Your wife is strict. :D

I see where that may have read wrong to the astute mind...:ack2:

Kind of a funny little policy that a huge global Co. wants their employees to be legal to work...

And Clay, you are obliquely making references to legalizing drugs, which, I personally don't care what people do in their own spare time as long as they are not hurting anyone else.
BUT...
Where are all the druggies going to work?
90% of the employers out there perform drug test as a condition of employment (Yes, I'm pulling that number out of thin air, but for arguements sake I'll throw it out there).
Do you think the employers will stop drug testing?
I don't think it would be very good marketing for say a Co. servicing your car, or a Hospital to employ people that didn't test...

fund razor
04-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Where are all the druggies going to work?

Mexican restaurants, strip clubs and landscaping? :)
Well... plus the union. :D

fund razor
04-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Fortunately Clay already introduced the exaggerated comic premise back with that cartoon. :D

Buoy
04-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Mexican restaurants, strip clubs and landscaping? :)
Well... plus the union. :D

I don't like Mexican food, I haven't been in a strip club in many years, and I have nothing to landscape.

Pete B
04-28-2010, 01:17 AM
just curious why in the hell is there a arguement over this? ever travel to another country?? Passport/proof of citizenship required! visa's are granted for a certain number of days. Failure to comply will land you a nice fine, and possibly jail!
and when alll that is over a nice get the phuck out and dont come back is given!

is cheap labor keeping the price down or making one richer????

Buoy
04-28-2010, 01:28 AM
just curious why in the hell is there a arguement over this?

EXACTLY!!!

And yet our FEDERAL Gov't is looking into and threatening court cases of why AZ can't do this.
I haven't yet had a chance to read the entire bill myself, but as I understand, it is only giving the local/state law enforcement the authority to enforce what is already a Federal law on a state level.
Seeing as Federal is really good at PASSING laws, but doesn't seem to think they are important enough when it comes to following through on them.
Well we got a problem in AZ and if DC isn't going to do something, AZ is choosing to do it themselves. I love it!

Pete B
04-28-2010, 01:58 AM
To work in Kuwait, one must have a sponsor, they are responsible for your housing and employment. the work force here are Phillipino, Indian (Dot not feather), and Pakastani.
Our driver is paid about $900 US dollars a month, he is Indian and says he could not make that in India.

all must get visa's prior to coming here. all must register! In Dubai certain citizens of various countries must register upon entrace with a iris scan, one of these are Russia!
due to the high russian hooker traffic in that country!

Now I dont think asking for papers is all that bad.

Bobcat
04-28-2010, 07:55 AM
In construction cheap labor is making people richer. The food/farm industry couldn't live without them.

fund razor
04-28-2010, 09:42 AM
I can't drive a car without license, registration and insurance, and they expect me to have that paperwork in the car, and I was born here and jumped no fences of consequence. :(

jmoore32fever
04-28-2010, 12:48 PM
it's hard to believe some people think it's perfectly ok for illegal immigrants to be in this country, what's the percentage of illegal immigrants in californias prisons? How much has health care prices soared to because they use the emergency room as a doctors office? The tax $$$$ spent on illegal immigrants is staggering....

Bobcat
04-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Not to mention the 25 people they kill a day through drunk driving and outright murder.

MacGyver
04-28-2010, 04:44 PM
it's hard to believe some people think it's perfectly ok for illegal immigrants to be in this country, what's the percentage of illegal immigrants in californias prisons? How much has health care prices soared to because they use the emergency room as a doctors office? The tax $$$$ spent on illegal immigrants is staggering....

And the only reason our government won't get rid of the illegals is because they don't want to lose the votes from the ones that are here legally.

It's all political BS.

Magic Medicine
04-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Congratz Arizona!

mosi
04-28-2010, 07:24 PM
What are the immigration laws for Mexico?

Let's let the illegals use their laws. I'm sure they would agree to that!!! ;)

slowride33
04-29-2010, 09:16 AM
What are the immigration laws for Mexico?

Let's let the illegals use their laws. I'm sure they would agree to that!!! ;)

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news...an-b-4-27-2010

Illegal Immigrants in Arizona Work Out a Plan B

Updated: Tuesday, 27 Apr 2010, 7:30 PM MDT
Published : Tuesday, 27 Apr 2010, 7:30 PM MDT

PHOENIX - Tourists from Mexico are a big part of Arizona's economy. According to a study from Arizona's Office of Tourism, between 2007 and 2008, 24 million Mexican citizens visited Arizona.

Those visits created 7,000 jobs and brought in $7 million a day. Shopping was the most popular activity.

For the past few days, the Mexican Consulate in Phoenix has been busy. Hundreds of families are preparing to either move back to Mexico, or put an emergency plan in place in case a family member gets deported.

A sea of people has been to the office to get documents to return to Mexico as legal Mexican citizens.

One woman who is in Arizona illegally says she will move back to Vera Cruz, Mexico this summer. Her children, who were born in Arizona, are legal U.S. citizens. They won't be able to attend school in Mexico unless they are Mexican citizens, so she is applying for dual citizenship for her kids.
Mexico Deputy Consul General Alfonso Navarro says SB 1070 has put many Mexico-born parents in a dilemma. They are here illegally, but children born here are legal U.S. citizens who would need papers to travel to Mexico. Many are preparing to leave Arizona just in case.

"For any catastrophic event, should mom and dad get arrested and deported, all the family will be able to be reunited on Mexican soil," says Navarro.

Navarro says the fear of the unknown is driving many immigrants away that view Arizona as hostile territory.

kinda ironic! they are willing to re-enter mexico legally but just can't seem to be able to do the same here for U.S.

mosi
04-29-2010, 09:51 AM
I was talking about the Mexico's immigration laws for US citizens entering Mexico.

http://www.mexicolaw.com/LawInfo10.htm#Foreigners

slowride33
04-29-2010, 10:26 AM
I was talking about the Mexico's immigration laws for US citizens entering Mexico.

http://www.mexicolaw.com/LawInfo10.htm#Foreigners

the article above is saying her childeren born in the US are legal US citizens. They won't be allowed to attend school in mexico so she has to apply for citizenship over there for her kids. I thought it was funny they are willing to enter mexico legally but not here:USA:

Buoy
05-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Yesterday an officer was shot by a suspected illegal in the AZ desert outside Casa Grande with an AK47.
I happened to pass through Casa Grande on my way to Tucson today. Police were EVERYWHERE, helicopters in the air searching for the shooter(s).

Saw on the news that their massive effort in this small area searching in Casa Grande resulted in 17 ARRESTS of suspected illegals.

Can you imagine what we would find if we actually start enforcing the immigration law and ramp up our border patrol the same way every politicians always campaigns on the fact they will add additional Police?

This is what is really going on out here, and yet on national news tonight they are spending all their time talking about the protest about this law in AZ.