PDA

View Full Version : Desert storm-what a turn out!

Lubejobs42
04-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Although I had my few issues, I had a great time!

I wanted to thank all the people that worked so hard to put this event on.
I have been hearing about it for years and never made it until this year and everything i heard about it was a huge understatement to what it was really like. I will remember this event for a long time! This weekend was un-freakin believable! The block party Thursday night makes The Key west block party look small! Blocks and blocks of the most incredible boats, trucks and trailers anywhere!

The guys out west really know how to finish their boats and trailers. Everything is chrome, anodized or powder coated. Salt-free boating really changes things! I have been to many many poker runs, boat races and boat shows. This was completely different experience.

I met Dave of DCB. I had the pleasure of talking with Dave 2 or 3 times though out the weekend. What a super guy!
I guess because you really don't see many DCB's on the east coast I never really looked at one. They are absolutely incredible! The quality and finish work is superb. Every one of them is like a show piece. Everyone looks like a custom boat that was built for a boat show.

I also had the pleasure of meeting Ray from Lavey craft. Another beautiful boat you just don't see on the East coast. Ray was nice enough to help me out with a room for the weekend.

Driving down the lake with mountains on each side was so beautiful! I've never been out west, it looks like a painting. What a way to go boating!!

It was really nice finally meeting all of the west coast guys!
Anyone that has not been to this run really needs to make a point of going next year! You will have the time of your life!

dykstra
04-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Gino, did you ever find your bag?

Lubejobs42
04-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Gino, did you ever find your bag?

Nope. Never showed up.

stainless
04-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Although I had my few issues, I had a great time!

I wanted to thank all the people that worked so hard to put this event on.
I have been hearing about it for years and never made it until this year and everything i heard about it was a huge understatement to what it was really like. I will remember this event for a long time! This weekend was un-freakin believable! The block party Thursday night makes The Key west block party look small! Blocks and blocks of the most incredible boats, trucks and trailers anywhere!

The guys out west really know how to finish their boats and trailers. Everything is chrome, anodized or powder coated. Salt-free boating really changes things! I have been to many many poker runs, boat races and boat shows. This was completely different experience.

I met Dave of DCB. I had the pleasure of talking with Dave 2 or 3 times though out the weekend. What a super guy!
I guess because you really don't see many DCB's on the east coast I never really looked at one. They are absolutely incredible! The quality and finish work is superb. Every one of them is like a show piece. Everyone looks like a custom boat that was built for a boat show.

I also had the pleasure of meeting Ray from Lavey craft. Another beautiful boat you just don't see on the East coast. Ray was nice enough to help me out with a room for the weekend.

Driving down the lake with mountains on each side was so beautiful! I've never been out west, it looks like a painting. What a way to go boating!!

It was really nice finally meeting all of the west coast guys!
Anyone that has not been to this run really needs to make a point of going next year! You will have the time of your life!

:cheers2::USA:

dykstra
04-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Nope. Never showed up.

That sux!!:cuss:

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Desert Storm should be on everyone's bucket list. It is beyond comprehension.

dykstra
04-25-2010, 10:13 PM

I know, I am so jealous of everyone that went. I really appreciate all the pics though.:cheers2:

sweet addiction
04-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Sounds like I need to attend that. Is it worth leaving your own boat at home and just flying in to look at everything? I think that is what I would do.

SKATER40
04-26-2010, 12:13 AM
Gino -with all of the problems you had getting there,i must say you are a classy guy.Great attitude,friendly and always had a smile on.GARY

timewarp
04-26-2010, 03:57 AM
Gino,
Thanks for letting us out west see your boat up close.
My wife bought me your shirts in the auction Friday night for my anniversary present and I will wear them proudly.(we've celebrated our last 10 anniversaries in Havasu at this event and hope to continue the trend for a long time)

MetalBrosRacing
04-27-2010, 10:53 PM
I came looking for you on Saturday but your buddy said you flew home early, catch ya next time around.

Lubejobs42
04-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Gino,
Thanks for letting us out west see your boat up close.
My wife bought me your shirts in the auction Friday night for my anniversary present and I will wear them proudly.(we've celebrated our last 10 anniversaries in Havasu at this event and hope to continue the trend for a long time)

Hi, Congrats on your anniversary!! Please PM me your address. I have a would like to send you something.
Thank you again!!