PDA

View Full Version : POPRA Havasu Race

Ryan Beckley
04-25-2010, 11:44 AM
There were a lot of teams talking about making the trip,ME INCLUDED. Who actually showed up to race out there? Best of luck to those that did! Havasu is AWESOME!

Ratickle
04-25-2010, 12:38 PM
I'll know in about an hour. :)

SKATER40
04-26-2010, 12:26 AM
JBS was overall.Craig Ferguson in a 20 year old 36 skater spanked talking trash.

Ryan Beckley
04-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Ok

CRC
AMSOIL
JBS
Talkin' Trash
Renegade
Adreniline Rush
Pig Iron

who else RACED....

JBS
04-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Ryan-you missed a great time out here in Havasu!

shifter
04-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Honkercut SC
Global Warming P1
XP1-00
521 24 Skater P?
Eliminator SCL
In the Red SCL
Amzoil SCL
Coyote P3
Who's Racing P1 DNS
555 P5
Adrenaline P6
CRC DNS

I will get the complete rundown today from the boys..... just getting back to work.....:sifone:

JBS 198mph down the shoot

Renegade was smokin in SC I do not think he ever lifted. 2nd Talkin Trash 3rd Honker Cut Good race there.

Amzoil 1st Eliminator 2nd In the Red 3rd

Global Warming vs XP1-00 was shaping up to be a great battle Dan and Martin led at the start but Dave and Todd ran them down and passed them on the 2 mile straight through the corners...but XP1-00 lost an engine leading on the end of lap one.

Brad in Pig Iron never saw a checker flag before so he completed all and them some....

Coyote was running real strong all race...

The Bat Boat and the 24 skater battled all race that was pretty cool to see.

Justin in the Who's racing just ran out of time fighting gremlins in the Who's racing all week finally getting a good test Saturday nite but the checklist was still too long to make the race. They did some major mods to the boat over the winter with setup and engines to try and improve the handling of the boat so they wouldn't repeat the roll from last year. Great effort to Justin and his crew and to all of the Popra family that lent a hand on getting him close.

I was on the platinum helping start the race so I had a great seat for the race. They should have been racing but are afraid of the Shark boat.......

The Dixie Bell was on the center of the course providing a great vantage point to watch from.

It would have been nice to have all the people come that said they were coming show up (Ryan).... Still great weekend no incidents except the Desert Storm on the street parade spoiled the poser event with rain and hail and some mecanical carnage :sifone:

I will put up some pics from the race later.

pat W

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks for update Pat.

I look forward to seeing your pix.

old377guy
04-26-2010, 01:24 PM
so does Mike in CRC NEVER lose?

Tank
04-26-2010, 04:15 PM
The races were f*ckin' awesome, even though we had to leave in the middle of them to head home. It's very cool that the city of Lake Havasu bends over backwards to ensure the event goes smoothly including allowing the races and shoot out to happen inside the bay, behind the no wake bouys and directly in front of the beach party on the east side of the bay and the Nautical Inn on the west side of the bay. Awesome way to run the races.

SKATER40
04-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Ok

CRC
AMSOIL
JBS
Talkin' Trash
Renegade
Adreniline Rush
Pig Iron

who else RACED....

CRC was thetrailer queen this year.

SKATER40
04-26-2010, 05:40 PM
The races were f*ckin' awesome, even though we had to leave in the middle of them to head home. It's very cool that the city of Lake Havasu bends over backwards to ensure the event goes smoothly including allowing the races and shoot out to happen inside the bay, behind the no wake bouys and directly in front of the beach party on the east side of the bay and the Nautical Inn on the west side of the bay. Awesome way to run the races.

POPRA definatly had their act together.The no wake zones were patrolled by all agencies and the race course was flat due to the extra security.
Next yeat POPRA needs to be in charge of the shootout coordination to keep the wake zones enforced.

Ratickle
04-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Next year POPRA needs to be in charge of the shootout coordination to keep the wake zones enforced.

Agreed 100%. Some of the smaller boats had a really rough ride towards the end of the run.

Ratickle
04-26-2010, 06:24 PM
including allowing the races and shoot out to happen inside the bay, behind the no wake bouys and directly in front of the beach party on the east side of the bay and the Nautical Inn on the west side of the bay. Awesome way to run the races.

Yes it was.

Next year maybe they can let the spectator boats closer on the end off of the point past Nautical. They were way back from the action.

From shore the views were very good.

Ratickle
04-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Brad in Pig Iron never saw a checker flag before so he completed all and them some....pat W

I'll say and then some......

Wondered if he was ever coming in, or just testing while he had the chance......:sifone:

AHBAWarlock
05-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Gary, had nothing to do with the no wake zones being enforced, they just didn't have the spectator fleet to contend with. The LEO would not enforce it as we expected, we found that out at last moment and we didn't have enough boats to do it ourselves, plus we can't give out tickets! Next year i'll put all my no wake patrol boats on the south end, don't really need them on the north end.

Ratickle
05-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Gary, had nothing to do with the no wake zones being enforced, they just didn't have the spectator fleet to contend with. The LEO would not enforce it as we expected, we found that out at last moment and we didn't have enough boats to do it ourselves, plus we can't give out tickets! Next year i'll put all my no wake patrol boats on the south end, don't really need them on the north end.

If you could have anchored a really big no wake sign on both ends would have helped I think. The guy I was with who lived there had no idea once we left the bay (?) and I told him several times it should all be no wake so he slowed.

Then, after it was pretty much over, and we went down the lake, we saw the no wake buoys on the other end.

I think everyone who had boated there before thought it was okay as soon as they left the bay.

SKATER40
05-02-2010, 11:51 AM

When a 40 skater leaves the water twice running the shootout,due to rollers coming across the course,that aint good. The video Bruce showed saturday night had a smaller boat making the run and off to the right you see two large cabin cruisers on plane coming in throwing huge wakes at the course.
The middle and south end need More patrol boats with lights on and the ability to write tickets.Popras security was excellent-they closed the course down on all sides.
Next year you need more cooperation from ALL law agencies.

JBS
05-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Heres a quick vid of JBS in Lake Havasu race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbrhr7dQ7kM

Ratickle
05-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Heres a quick vid of JBS in Lake Havasu race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbrhr7dQ7kM

It was certainly fun to watch you run there, (and chat a little on the dock).

Everything
05-04-2010, 07:49 AM
You can see lots of pics of Desert Storm including the race at www.everythingoffshore.com under event photos

What a fantastic event!!!!

shifter
05-04-2010, 12:39 PM
The real speed run is in December at the Salton Sea. 2 years ago we had a 10 mile run up to the traps if you wanted. It was averaged over the kilo in both directions. This will show the true speed not just a burst.

Great for spectator viewing no boats on course.

pat W:sifone: