PDA

View Full Version : International Trade Commission survey

Magicfloat
04-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Got a letter last month from United States International Trade Commission,saying I was required to fill out a survey.Web address was a .gov address,said would take less than 2 hours to complete,I pitched it.Got another letter today says I may get a subpoena if I do not do the survey. The return envelope had a stamp,govt doesn't use a stamp.Any business owners here get one? Legit?

fund razor
04-20-2010, 03:17 PM
http://www.usitc.gov/press_room/about_usitc.htm

The United States International Trade Commission is an independent, quasijudicial Federal agency with broad investigative responsibilities on matters of trade. The agency investigates the effects of dumped and subsidized imports on domestic industries and conducts global safeguard investigations. The Commission also adjudicates cases involving imports that allegedly infringe intellectual property rights. Through such proceedings, the agency facilitates a rules-based international trading system. The Commission also serves as a Federal resource where trade data and other trade policy-related information are gathered and analyzed. The information and analysis are provided to the President, the Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR), and Congress to facilitate the development of sound and informed U.S. trade policy. The Commission makes most of its information and analysis available to the public to promote understanding of international trade issues.

The mission of the Commission is to (1) administer U.S. trade remedy laws within its mandate in a fair and objective manner; (2) provide the President, USTR, and Congress with independent analysis, information, and support on matters of tariffs, international trade, and U.S. competitiveness; and (3) maintain the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTS).

The Commission has five major operations that serve its external customers:

Import Injury Investigations
Intellectual Property-Based Import Investigations
Industry and Economic Analysis
Tariff and Trade Information Services
Trade Policy Support

The Feds can do whatever they want. And they want to do more. :(

Magicfloat
04-20-2010, 03:24 PM
So,should I fill out the survey?

Boss460
04-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Got it a few months back. My brain hurt after reading a lot of the questions. Pain in the ass. Just filled out basic stuff and sent it back.

Magicfloat
04-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Just filled out no,not applical on first page,still wasted 16 pages of paper and printer ink. Govt waste at it's finest

t500hps
04-20-2010, 05:23 PM
tell them it is no longer applicable cause Obama/Congress has eliminated the wealth of all your customers and you are no longer involved in any kind of "trade".