PDA

View Full Version : Scarrab30 is heading SOUTH

redhotsommer
04-15-2010, 01:42 PM
For those who don't know, our dearest friend Brian Miller, aka Pops, aka Old Fart, will be leaving us very soon. Job relocation has necessitated personal relocation, and he and Cindy will be moving to Nashville, TN. Someone should probably call the good people of Nashville and warn them.

I just want to express my personal thanks to him for the HUGE impact he has had on my life...not just in the realm of boating, but life in general. Brian is one of the best people I have ever met, completely selfless and unwavering in work ethic...just like he taught his son to be.

The Straight Jacket is 99% complete, and though it will be a more of a long-distance proposition now, the bad influence crew will make sure we git'r'dun!

Magic Medicine
04-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Mr. Miller,

Best wishes and good luck in Nashville!!! Pretty cool town and from what I understand there is a pretty large go fast presence down there.

Kool-Aid Man
04-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Senior,

Best wishes to you and Cindy on the move...I guess now we hopefully get to see you at least on return visits to the big pond or trips to LOTO and Cumberland. Who knows maybe you'll find a place for us to venture to down there......

Roger 1
04-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Good luck Brian!

B.Z.
04-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Can you say Lake Cumberland Poker run...Bad Influence Offshore PARTY......it has a nice ring....good luck SR.

Tony M
04-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Best of Wishes to A #1 stand up boater and a hell of trux driv-er you will be miss but I got ur number have a safe trip! see ya.

Kool-Aid Man
04-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Can you say Lake Cumberland Poker run...Bad Influence Offshore PARTY......it has a nice ring....good luck SR.

It does have a nice ring to it...however backing up in reverse for a 1/2 mile trailering a boat not really!!! Thats an end of the summer run to isn't it??

MILD THUNDER
04-15-2010, 04:48 PM
damn. Wish i would have got to know Mr Miller a long time ago. Definintly a class act. I think he's gonna love Nashville. Sad to see him leave, but its gonna work out real nice for him.

Best of luck down there Brian.

Magic Medicine
04-15-2010, 05:00 PM
It does have a nice ring to it...however backing up in reverse for a 1/2 mile trailering a boat not really!!! Thats an end of the summer run to isn't it??

With a stick at that!!!!:cuss:

Magic Medicine
04-15-2010, 05:02 PM
When I sold my 28' Nordic the people who bought it were from Nashville. I think they have a couple pretty big reseviors plus the river! You can take you boat to a Tenn vols football game!!! That would be sweet. Good ole rocky top!!!!

Magic Medicine
04-15-2010, 05:02 PM
O BTW, Nice pic you post there TALL MIKE!!!!

OBNOXUS
04-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah,,,,,that was a horrbile phone call to get.

At least we have another place to play now !!!!

OBNOXUS
04-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Dad, gonna miss you not being here in Chicago! Safe Travels and let Cindy know if she needs anything we are a phone call away!

Love you,
Mrs. OB

Exhilaration
04-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Good Luck Brian! If you need so help give a howler!

Twin Whackas
04-15-2010, 05:47 PM
When I sold my 28' Nordic the people who bought it were from Nashville. I think they have a couple pretty big reseviors plus the river! You can take you boat to a Tenn vols football game!!! That would be sweet. Good ole rocky top!!!!

Not to take away from this post, but Tenn. Vols football is Knoxville, not Nashville.

Though I don't know Mr Miller, I would like to wish him best of luck in his new venture. Nashville is a awesome city.

Magic Medicine
04-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Not to take away from this post, but Tenn. Vols football is Knoxville, not Nashville.

Though I don't know Mr Miller, I would like to wish him best of luck in his new venture. Nashville is a awesome city.

:leaving: Opps!!!! DIK

Twin Whackas
04-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Only reason I knew that was I fly to Knoxville for business all the time.

I think you are right on there being a pretty large high performance boating crowd around Nashville. I don't think you are that far from Cumberland,
Dale Hallow, etc.

Cig Flat Deck
04-15-2010, 06:16 PM
it was great to meet you and help you with getting the boat back together had a great time at the marina good luck on the move
Ryan

DAREDEVIL
04-15-2010, 09:25 PM
For those who don't know, our dearest friend Brian Miller, aka Pops, aka Old Fart, will be leaving us very soon. Job relocation has necessitated personal relocation, and he and Cindy will be moving to Nashville, TN. Someone should probably call the good people of Nashville and warn them.

I just want to express my personal thanks to him for the HUGE impact he has had on my life...not just in the realm of boating, but life in general. Brian is one of the best people I have ever met, completely selfless and unwavering in work ethic...just like he taught his son to be.

The Straight Jacket is 99% complete, and though it will be a more of a long-distance proposition now, the bad influence crew will make sure we git'r'dun!

I called in TN and warned them !!!!!!! :sifone:

Can't wait to see the boat running...BRIAN is still in my mind on and off even tho i only knew him for about 2 hours topps.

Senior is just as crazy tho !
Tell him i said hi and not to loose my # again..LOL :seeya:

Tony M
04-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Talk to the good ol boy this morrning about 6:30 he was at the southern end of Indiana he thinks he will be in his new home state of Tennessee by 10am he is doing well his truck is getting about 22.5 miles per gal .

Tony M
04-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Got his 1st trip from Ten. to no less then back up to Chicago having a good ol time and laughing his but off be up here around 4pm Sunday. :toetap05: Hell he ant gone we get to just rent him for awhile. :sifone: :cheers2: