PDA

View Full Version : Faces of Default

RLJ676
04-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Check out this site a buddy of mine in Kansas City started.:) http://www.facesofdefault.com/

He works in real estate in foreclosures, and has come across some pretty funny stuff. It's just getting going but I think it's a pretty funny concept.

JupiterSunsation
04-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Check out this site a buddy of mine in Kansas City started.:) http://www.facesofdefault.com/

He works in real estate in foreclosures, and has come across some pretty funny stuff. It's just getting going but I think it's a pretty funny concept.

I had a buddy buying foreclosures about 5 years back. I went to see some of the better properties and everything pictured is completely believable.

One house stunk so bad I started dry heaving in the living room. Ended up puking on the carpet!

On the flip side, I was in a house two weeks ago that sold for 2.8mm and it could easily out do anything pictured on that site. The people were 25 year residents of the property and the house was "the eyesore" for the neighborhood. They had outdoor refridgerators (as in old rusty fridges outside), a basement apartment (extremely rare in S. FL) that reminded me of Buffalo Bob's place in Silence of the Lambs and rooms full of clutter. Broken appliances seemed to be the theme of the house. Needless to say the original owner moved out and the new owner tore the house down in less than 4 weeks of ownership. NOTHING is left of that house, not so much as a 2X4 or even a tree on the lot!

mikes280
04-14-2010, 10:59 PM
well i can't believe in the last pic the guy is barefooted in all that chit

RLJ676
04-15-2010, 05:59 PM
I had a buddy buying foreclosures about 5 years back. I went to see some of the better properties and everything pictured is completely believable.

One house stunk so bad I started dry heaving in the living room. Ended up puking on the carpet!

On the flip side, I was in a house two weeks ago that sold for 2.8mm and it could easily out do anything pictured on that site. The people were 25 year residents of the property and the house was "the eyesore" for the neighborhood. They had outdoor refridgerators (as in old rusty fridges outside), a basement apartment (extremely rare in S. FL) that reminded me of Buffalo Bob's place in Silence of the Lambs and rooms full of clutter. Broken appliances seemed to be the theme of the house. Needless to say the original owner moved out and the new owner tore the house down in less than 4 weeks of ownership. NOTHING is left of that house, not so much as a 2X4 or even a tree on the lot!

Its crazy how people can live!

I have a feeling none of the houses in these pics are in parts of KC worth even doing a teardown.

RLJ676
04-15-2010, 06:12 PM
well i can't believe in the last pic the guy is barefooted in all that chit

Some of those dudes are a little "off" haha.:willy_nilly: