PDA

View Full Version : Well atleast they are starting to leave the altar boys alone....

JupiterSunsation
04-14-2010, 12:14 PM
A parish priest at St. John the Evangelist Church in North Chelmsford is on leave after he was arrested Friday during a prostitution sting by police in Nashua.

The Rev. William Ventura, 31, faces a misdemeanor prostitution charge after Nashua police said he responded to a fake posting on Craigslist Friday and was planning to pay a woman for sex.

The Catholic Archdiocese of Boston immediately granted Ventura’s request for a leave of absence, during which he will not be allowed to conduct ministry.

“The archdiocese is cooperating fully with law enforcement’s investigation,’’ Terrence Donilon, a spokesman for the archdiocese, said in a statement.

Ventura was released on bail and will be arraigned April 22 in Nashua District Court. Police declined to release details of his arrest in the sting at a local motel.

Calls to the parish were not returned yesterday.

Six other New Hampshire men and one man from New Jersey were arrested. They were all released on bail and will be arraigned April 23.

Ventura was ordained in May 2006. He has also served at St. Joseph’s parish in Needham as a deacon, according to the Boston Pilot, the archdiocesan newspaper, which interviewed and profiled him in 2008.

Ventura was born in Holbrook, N.H., and raised in Derry. He is a graduate of Hesser College in Manchester.

Each defendant faces fines and up to a year in prison.

clayinaustin
04-14-2010, 12:23 PM
How anyone can continue to go to a Catholic church is totally insane! :eek:

Every Catholic needs leave their current church and allow it to die a slow death. :mad:

Just my two-cents... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

htrdlncn
04-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Catholic church has more money,wealth,influenece and power than most the nations on earth.
They are not going anywhere , too many people blinded by what they think is faith.

JupiterSunsation
04-14-2010, 03:41 PM
How anyone can continue to go to a Catholic church is totally insane! :eek:

Every Catholic needs leave their current church and allow it to die a slow death. :mad:

Just my two-cents... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You might have something there.......However "the flock" continues to attend/fund the powerhouse.....

I have long since believed the church was a hideout for gays, lesbians or socially inept and it was really the only place for them back in the 50's, 60's and 70's. Back then I think it was hard to be 30-40 and single. As the late 70's and 80's rolled through people became more relaxed about being gay. Pedophiles have their own set of issues and certainly can't be considered the same as being gay.....these priests are child molesters!

The hypocrisy is really the most troubling part. Not only did they know there were issues but they helped hide the issues/priest from the public.

mosi
04-14-2010, 05:48 PM
yep but......most of the nuns I've nailed are really tight!!!! ;)

Wrinkleface
04-14-2010, 05:51 PM
yep but......most of the nuns I've nailed are really tight!!!! ;)

Pix!!!!!:biggrinjester: