PDA

View Full Version : No Boating Mags To Read :(

CRC
04-12-2010, 07:48 PM
I used to always have a stack of boating mags on the living room table but now the only ones I get on a regular basis are Boating and the BoatU.S. mag. Hot Boat is gone :(, Full Throttle H2O didn't make it :(, MotorBoating is for yachters so I dropped that one, Trailer Boats is for beginners so I dropped that one too. I don't know what's up with Performance Boats but I don't want to pay to read a mag on-line when there is unlimited free stuff here so I don't get that one. Power Boat sends an issue whenever they feel like it so I don't think I will renew that one until they go back to an issue every month. This sucks. Are there any other good power boating mags that publish regularly?

THEJOKER
04-12-2010, 07:52 PM
We were just talking about that today! That's why I'm on here so much.

Seafordguy
04-12-2010, 08:13 PM
For the last year or so I have been receiving Yachting Magazine. I have NO idea why - I never ordered it, I never signed up for anything, I didn't get it as a present - NOTHING....

It sucks though....

getchasum111
04-12-2010, 08:30 PM
i bought poweboat today....it was like 52 pages....im already done with it....twice

Pismo10
04-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Classic Boating is great and unique if you have a side interest in wooden boats. Got it for years and it has become my favorite as the others have declined or disappeared.

Tank
04-12-2010, 09:00 PM
I used to always have a stack of boating mags on the living room table but now the only ones I get on a regular basis are Boating and the BoatU.S. mag. Hot Boat is gone :(, Full Throttle H2O didn't make it :(, MotorBoating is for yachters so I dropped that one, Trailer Boats is for beginners so I dropped that one too. I don't know what's up with Performance Boats but I don't want to pay to read a mag on-line when there is unlimited free stuff here so I don't get that one. Power Boat sends an issue whenever they feel like it so I don't think I will renew that one until they go back to an issue every month. This sucks. Are there any other good power boating mags that publish regularly?

Powerboat cut back from 11 issues a year to 6 due to the economy. They are pretty good about sending subscriptions routinely but it could seem like they send them "whenever they feel it" since it's only every other month. Powerboat isn't going anywhere but they be the only one left once this economy decides to turn.

htrdlncn
04-12-2010, 10:02 PM
For the last year or so I have been receiving Yachting Magazine. I have NO idea why - I never ordered it, I never signed up for anything, I didn't get it as a present - NOTHING....

It sucks though....

LOL,,same here..
:confused:

elvisali
04-12-2010, 10:25 PM
:cheers2:
LOL,,same here..
:confused:

Did you have a subscription to a mag that closed up shop? I subscribed to 'Northeast boating', they closed, and now I get "Soundings" magazine.....I though the first one was maybe a freebee, when I got the second, I called them and they told me if you were getting northeast boating, it closed, now you get soundings.......ummmm, ok, sure why not:cheers2:

DAREDEVIL
04-12-2010, 10:30 PM
We were just talking about that today! That's why I'm on here so much.

hahaha, come on Brian we all know your here to SPY some new ideas..LOL

:bump: :sifone:

htrdlncn
04-12-2010, 10:51 PM
:cheers2:

Did you have a subscription to a mag that closed up shop? I subscribed to 'Northeast boating', they closed, and now I get "Soundings" magazine.....I though the first one was maybe a freebee, when I got the second, I called them and they told me if you were getting northeast boating, it closed, now you get soundings.......ummmm, ok, sure why not:cheers2:

Not that I know of?

Fever Mike
04-12-2010, 11:06 PM
I use to subscribe to them all and most have gone away. I looked at the latest Powerboat at the newstand and it seemed much cheaper quality and hardly had any pages to it. Very sad for sure.

04-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Bring your internet cable into the bathroom next to the throne and you won't miss anything. :rolleyes:

phragle
04-12-2010, 11:25 PM
I have professionla boat building in the "reading room" been reading up on carbon fiber analysis techniques...

phragle
04-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Bring your internet cable into the bathroom next to the throne and you won't miss anything. :rolleyes:

The laptop is wireless......

phragle
04-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Why do we need more magazines in the bathroom??

CRC
04-13-2010, 08:30 AM
Some mags are giving away free subs so that they can guarantee a certain quantity of subscribers to their advertisers. I just gifted two free subs to "Boating". There is just something about lounging on the LazyBoy or on the boat or in bed with a magazine that can't be replaced with a lap-top or I-pad. At least I'll always have my National Geographics:rolleyes:.

FastDonzi
04-13-2010, 11:42 AM
At least I'll always have my National Geographics:rolleyes:.

For the dirty pictures Carl?:smash:

BillR
04-13-2010, 12:19 PM
How about Extreme Boats magazine - they still around?

Seems like boating enthusiasts in general is on the decline. OSO & SOS seem to have less and less new threads. Speedwake used to have at minimum 2 pages of new posts every morning, now I am lucky to get a full page of new posts. Just seems like some are giving up on boating recently.
They economy is slooowly getting better and I expected to see interest in boating increase - doesn't seem to be the case. . . . .?!?!?!

VetteLT193
04-13-2010, 12:55 PM
hardly any magazines are making it overall. I stopped renewing my subscription to Cigar Aficionado over a year ago but they still come every month

I think people are just dumping odds and ends plus most magazines are advertising plus a couple articles between the ads.

htrdlncn
04-13-2010, 01:02 PM
$3 a gallon of gas isnt helping..
I also see a ton more wakeboard boats beings sold than sportboats.

Indian Outlaw
04-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Poker runs america and florida powerboat club mags are great!

Caincando1
04-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Poker runs america

I've liked the magazine for years. I wish they would cover poker runs besides their own. There are dozens of runs out there that would fill the pages. But then I suppose they don't want to spend money to promote other events. But it seems if done correctly could be used as a tool to promote people from other runs to theirs and also gain more readership. Maybe another magazine should start covering all the events. Except there aren't any left to do it. In my opinion if more than a couple dozen cool boats get together it news worthy in my book.:bump::bump: