PDA

View Full Version : Winshield Weather strip.

Buoy
10-16-2008, 11:04 AM
(Not sure what section to put this in, feel free to move it if it belongs somewhere else as a good reference).
I've been searching for replacement weatherstrip for the windshield of the Pantera. Not the easiest stuff to find the right profile.
I found it here http://www.usamarinewindows.com/
Talked to Gil there a few minutes ago, and they are the original makers of the windshield for older Pantera's - he was familiar with the boat.
The seal you need for this windshield is the 8156.
About $75.00 plus shipping.

Just thought we'd start getting some helpful info out on the board for searches when we go live.

fund razor
10-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Windshield?

Airpacker
10-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Windshield?
The thingy that stops the bugs from welding to your teeth at 100mph Fund.

Also handy for deflecting unwary fowl over your noggin.

fund razor
10-16-2008, 12:05 PM
The thingy that stops the bugs from welding to your teeth at 100mph Fund.

Also handy for deflecting unwary fowl over your noggin.

Ok... so it acts like a fairing does on a real offshore boat?

(I am just messing with Tim. We all know that a Pantera 24 is a REAL offshore boat. I would love to have one.)

Buoy
10-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Considering the windshield is about 7" tall, and viewing area is only 5" max, I'm not sure that it's good for much more than decoration.

fund razor
10-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Considering the windshield is about 7" tall, and viewing area is only 5" max, I'm not sure that it's good for much more than decoration.

It makes the boat look like it has sunglasses on.:coolgleamA:

Buoy
10-16-2008, 06:49 PM
It makes the boat look like it has sunglasses on.:coolgleamA:

Yep.
And considering the business I'm in, I'm trying to figure out if I have a vacuum chamber large enough to apply a mirror coating to the new plexi.
Don't want people to know the boat is checking them out. I mean, mirrored sunglasses are only to make sure the ladies don't know you're checking out their...sun burn.

cosmic12
10-16-2008, 06:56 PM
why don't you just put the green eyes in the panels?

Buoy
10-16-2008, 07:05 PM
why don't you just put the green eyes in the panels?

With the technolgy I have available, I might be able to do it in a two-tone mirror. I just need to make sure I have a vacuum chamber large enough to fit the front piece of plexi.
Also need to get a hold of my uncle Ted (I just call the guy that) to make sure we can set up the process.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Would the two tone allow you to hide the eyes? Like a ghost paint so they are only visible at certain angles.

cosmic12
10-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Would the two tone allow you to hide the eyes? Like a ghost paint so they are only visible at certain angles.

That would be cool, kinda like a wiggle picture

BY U BOY
10-16-2008, 08:34 PM
With the technolgy I have available, I might be able to do it in a two-tone mirror. I just need to make sure I have a vacuum chamber large enough to fit the front piece of plexi.
Also need to get a hold of my uncle Ted (I just call the guy that) to make sure we can set up the process.

let me know if you can make that happen. My cabin/storage area is a piece of sliding plexi and would like to do something like that with the scarab logo.

Buoy
10-16-2008, 10:18 PM

That is exactly what I'm after.
I have my process guy (Uncle Ted) that has been doing this stuff for 25 years. I need to get him involved. And the fact that I'm going to experiment on a $900,000 machine that creates a plasma and evaporates titanium, cromium, and silicone dioxide to make some cool mirror plate, and green cat eye's...
I need to be careful.
If I'm successful, I may be starting a new business.
I've had this on my mind for a while now.
Have a few different markets in mind.