PDA

View Full Version : Needs some help ID'ing throttles

2TR
04-09-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm trying to find out any information on this style of throttle. It seems the cable runs over the unit instead of below it like a traditional style.

This would work great for my project seeing as I'm trying to keep everything as low to the hull as possible and normal style throttles have almost 16 inch of linkages under the plate that would raise my counsel and seats a extra inch's I don't want.

Would anyone have some information about them or pictures? I could most likely build a set from Billet aluminum is I had some good images to go of of if possible.

DAREDEVIL
04-09-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm trying to find out any information on this style of throttle. It seems the cable runs over the unit instead of below it like a traditional style.

This would work great for my project seeing as I'm trying to keep everything as low to the hull as possible and normal style throttles have almost 16 inch of linkages under the plate that would raise my counsel and seats a extra inch's I don't want.

Would anyone have some information about them or pictures? I could most likely build a set from Billet aluminum is I had some good images to go of of if possible.

Don't know,,look like skater build to me ....but with your 16 inches under the plate..mmmmmhhhhhh, i think u messured wrong...way to long.:rolleyes:

2TR
04-09-2010, 01:09 PM
I Have 2 sets of Gaffrigs, maybe others are different ??? But this is a picture of a single engine application.

DAREDEVIL
04-09-2010, 01:11 PM
WOW,,they are long..lol.. i have some shorter ones here but only for twins!!!!!!

oceanoutlaw
04-09-2010, 09:23 PM

They look like a set of skater manufactured throttles. You may also want to look a set marine machine throttles as you can set the cables to come out the front, bottom or back of the throttle's

2TR
04-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Thanks..

Another picture from the Victory boat. I'm 99% sure I can duplicate them just from this image but any other pictures or info would be appreciated.

Ryan Beckley
04-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Why not just call Skater and by a set from them? There are some on EBAY if you look under race boat too.....

found them..... these would work for you , I think........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OFFSHORE-LIVORSI-RACE-BOAT-OUTDRIVE-SHIFTER-MERCRUISER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eac6152a1QQitemZ200460554913QQptZBoa tQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear

2TR
04-13-2010, 11:28 AM
I Have called and gotten a few prices from Skater before, although I have not called on the throttles but if previous pricing is any indication I cant see paying 1000.00 dollars for 50 bucks in billet aluminum.

I do have a Bridgeport so I'm just looking for a couple more pic's to help build a drawing before I start cutting.

As for those throttles on EbAY I Have already seen them, they are lower than the standards but I'm looking for a "cable over system" to help keep everything as low as possible.

Ryan Beckley
04-13-2010, 11:34 AM
I believe a set of 2 throttles and 2 shifters are 800 from skater..... they are stainless and aluminum. The Victory ones are a version of the Skaters made of Titanium.....