PDA

View Full Version : Should buff right out.

LotoSteve
04-08-2010, 07:11 AM
lol http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-CIGARETTE-OCEAN-RACER_W0QQitemZ150431681691QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPower_Motorboats?hash=item230 66d4c9b

http://i.ebayimg.com/01/!BqV4BF!BWk~$(KGrHqQOKi4Eu,!Dqc7kBLvUnzFri!~~_12.JPG

insanity
04-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Oh yeah, no problem at all. Couple of hours and it will be good as new! :D

JupiterSunsation
04-08-2010, 07:49 AM
That guy loves insurance boats........he also owns the "Bonefish" 36 Spectre which blew over killing the owner.

This boat looks to be a better project than the one the guy bought in the midwest a couple years back. That one had hull damage, this one the hull looks complete but everything else is crispy.

With prices getting lower boats like this really aren't worth messing with. When a 38/42 TS boat was getting 200K then this project would make sense dumping 100K in it. But when the market changed, this boat will cost more than buying a complete boat when done!

cigdaze
04-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Garbage. Might be good for a small handful of mechanical parts (pair of blowers, blocks and drives, if nothing else), but the boat belongs in a landfill.

Sad. :(

DAREDEVIL
04-08-2010, 09:04 AM
There is nothing that can't be fixed,,,but its gonna take some green to do it and lots of time !!!!!!:eek:

Perlmudder
04-08-2010, 09:18 AM
those engines do not look "ready to roll"!

drpete3
04-08-2010, 09:39 AM
My dad is a TV repairman and has an awesome set of tools....I can fix it

redhotsommer
04-08-2010, 09:42 AM
The copy in the ad is HILARIOUS! "...or just drive it like it is..." Hahahahahahaaaaaaa!

Trim'd Up
04-08-2010, 09:43 AM
IT says right in the add it just needs MINOR fiberglass work. I would hate to see this guys idea of a major repair. The hull MIGHT be ok if you replace the deck and everything else in the boat.

BraceYourself
04-08-2010, 10:23 AM
I'd say a boat sales location could put it on there roof as advertisment. Still needs a lot of work to make it presentable in the air.

htrdlncn
04-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Throw a center console helm right in front of the engines, cut off deck and use
it for illegal human smuggling ..
Yeah,,that'll work

BDiggity
04-08-2010, 12:24 PM
This sucks the confidence out of me to complete my AC wiring & to re-wire the DC panel.

Tank
04-08-2010, 12:55 PM
That's really sad....What's the whole story? Who's was it? Insurance job?

"Cigarette Ocean Racer" WTF?

"Little smoke damage"!!?? Really!? Just a little smoke damage huh? :rolleyes:

DAREDEVIL
04-08-2010, 01:00 PM

Well, compared to how much he smoked ,,its only little damage !!:sifone:

If he sells it for 10-15 K ,,its worth working on it.

1 year ...50K and your ready to go !!!!

Sunsation96
04-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Hate to say it but the guy is somewhat right the motor hoses are not melted... Would that mean the motors may be good after a bath? I think the answer would be no but I thought I would ask.

Perlmudder
04-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Hate to say it but the guy is somewhat right the motor hoses are not melted... Would that mean the motors may be good after a bath? I think the answer would be no but I thought I would ask.

it was hot enough to melt the blower belts... and i am guessing all the wiring is toast.

LotoSteve
04-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Curious what it cost to legally dispose of all that fiberglass?

BraceYourself
04-08-2010, 04:05 PM
it was hot enough to melt the blower belts... and i am guessing all the wiring is toast.

Blower boats were carefully removed and then sold on ebay to a another speed demond that broke his pulleys from going so fast.

Just kidding. You got to enjoy the sellers remarks :)

phragle
04-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Curious what it cost to legally dispose of all that fiberglass?

The cheapest and easist way to do that is to put it on ebay, no reserve... bet you can get someone to pay you at least a grand to haul your trash away.

Sunsation96
04-08-2010, 04:23 PM
The dark smoke stains make it look worse just spoke to the guy and a little simple green and a magic eraser good to go:eek::willy_nilly:

JupiterSunsation
04-08-2010, 09:07 PM
The dark smoke stains make it look worse just spoke to the guy and a little simple green and a magic eraser good to go:eek::willy_nilly:

another 10 gallons of gasoline and a match will finish that boat off properly.....:eek:

Sunsation96
04-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Guy's do you think someone could really fix this poor boat? I am being serious! I know alot of the SOS brothers have some SERIOUS talent but would this cause unseen issues in the boat for the life span? Or would this be a repair that you would trust for years to come?

Sunsation96
04-08-2010, 09:35 PM
another 10 gallons of gasoline and a match will finish that boat off properly.....:eek:

10 Gallons you may have too much money into it at that point:bump::eek::sifone:

DAREDEVIL
04-08-2010, 09:41 PM
NO matter what, it is fixable and i don't think its that bad.

The green printed paper is all it takes!!!!!!!:cheers2:

Sunsation96
04-08-2010, 09:47 PM
NO matter what, it is fixable and i don't think its that bad.

The green printed paper is all it takes!!!!!!!:cheers2:

No kidding there on the green paper. I just have been watching the Cafe's being redone and it gets the gears turning I love seeing those projects and those guy's have both monay and talent. I really think this boat could be fixed and someone could have a good deal. BTW what boat do you think this is? 38/42?

POWERPLAY33
04-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Looks like a 42 or 46 Jon. If your looking for a good project I can torch mine and let ya have it cheap then I can get my staggered one:sifone:

MattBMiller
04-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Looks like a 42 to me.

After looking at the pics a little closer, I think it's more than I want to get into right now. There's deals on TS Guns out there for what you would have into this.

Seafordguy
04-08-2010, 10:57 PM
That boat is a disposal problem not a project boat.

Do some simple math on what is missing; trailer, guages, rigging, cockpit interior, cabin interior, not to mention the bottom looks trashed, there is LOTS of FG work that would need to be done, paint (even cheap is an arm and a leg), and all this assumes the engines are good which I would doubt.

If you buy that boat do it on two conditions: 1. - you need a couple spare outdrives, and a nice tiebar and 2. - you have a huge shredder and an area to spray 8k pounds of FG.

It isn't a 38. I think it is a Tiger.

DAREDEVIL
04-08-2010, 11:30 PM
It isn't a 38. I think it is a 42 Tiger.

:iagree:

DAREDEVIL
04-08-2010, 11:35 PM
[QUOTE=Seafordguy;474121]That boat is a disposal problem not a project boat.

Do some simple math on what is missing; trailer, guages, rigging, cockpit interior, cabin interior, not to mention the bottom looks trashed, there is LOTS of FG work that would need to be done, paint (even cheap is an arm and a leg), and all this assumes the engines are good which I would doubt.

If you buy that boat do it on two conditions: 1. - you need a couple spare outdrives, and a nice tiebar and 2. - you have a huge shredder and an area to spray 8k pounds of FG.

I think the engines need gone thru and ofcorse the wiring and rubber parts replaced,,but they should not have anything wrong with them .
So engines.....3 K each
Hatch 1500
Interior for cabin and bolsters 10 K at the most
FG work 10 K at the most
Trailer , used 3500-4000
Drives gone thru 500 each

paint, if u have my painter maybe 5 K

so if somebody pics it up for 10K

he will have a nice boat ,,,where he actually knows what he has for less then 50 K !!!!!!!!! If i had the doe,,i would have it here allready !!!!!!
YES , EVEN THOUGH I LIKE PP BETTER........LOL :sifone:

JupiterSunsation
04-09-2010, 05:32 AM
I think the engines need gone thru and ofcorse the wiring and rubber parts replaced,,but they should not have anything wrong with them .
So engines.....3 K each
Hatch 1500
FG work 10 K at the most
Trailer , used 3500-4000

he will have a nice boat ,,,where he actually knows what he has for less then 50 K !!!!!!!!! If i had the doe,,i would have it here allready !!!!!!

You are nuts with that price list....Those numbers would be in line if you had a 100% complete, 10 year old boat and you were looking to update it. You also omitted the whole dash full of gauges, throttles, steering. That boat would eat 100K faster than it took to burn in the first place! The worst case is if you dumped 10-20K into it and realized you already have put way too much into a boat you will never get back but you still need tens of thousandss more to get it running......

LotoSteve
04-09-2010, 07:36 AM
The motors and drives are probably ok IF they were ok before the fire. Worth 20k (gamble factor) - disposing the hull = ?

LAriverratt
04-09-2010, 08:10 AM

story on it is the house and slip next to the original owners "caught fire" this cig was in his slip and you can see what happened to it. not pretty at all.

BraceYourself
04-09-2010, 08:13 AM
I spent 150K refreshing my boat. That was with everything there and working perfect.

rchevelle71
04-09-2010, 08:19 AM
[QUOTE=Seafordguy;474121]That boat is a disposal problem not a project boat.

So engines.....3 K each
Hatch 1500
FG work 10 K at the most
Trailer , used 3500-4000

If you had the dough...................................

You would have a lot full of broken and burned boats:sifone:

DAREDEVIL
04-09-2010, 08:31 AM
You are nuts with that price list....Those numbers would be in line if you had a 100% complete, 10 year old boat and you were looking to update it. You also omitted the whole dash full of gauges, throttles, steering. That boat would eat 100K faster than it took to burn in the first place! The worst case is if you dumped 10-20K into it and realized you already have put way too much into a boat you will never get back but you still need tens of thousandss more to get it running......

Well, if u bring the boat to lipship...or any other big name shop ..u are correct!!!!!!!

But if u do it yourself, u be fine with my price....hoses,gauges,wiring....maybe 3K if that. mmmhhhhh ..so we are still under 50 !!!!:rolleyes:

Spicy
04-09-2010, 08:34 AM
story on is the house and slip next to the original owners "caught fire" this cig was in his slip and you can see what happened to it. not pretty at all.

A Picture is worth a Thousand words!!!! Unreal...

DAREDEVIL
04-09-2010, 08:41 AM
If u look at this picture u can tell ,,the only fire ON the boat was the cover and it melted on to the paint and the interior vinyl burned off.

I think its an easy fix with some man hours .
Also, if u look close on the engine pic, i really think they are ok..because the fuelrail and fuel hoses are in tact,so the boat it self did not burn otherwise the fuel would of coght fire and they would of been burned off !!!!

But hey,,thats me...u can all thik what ever u want..and since i don't have the money to buy it i can care less.

Seafordguy
04-09-2010, 08:45 AM
You are nuts with that price list....Those numbers would be in line if you had a 100% complete, 10 year old boat and you were looking to update it. You also omitted the whole dash full of gauges, throttles, steering. That boat would eat 100K faster than it took to burn in the first place! ......

Agreed.

If you got out of it for 100k you would be lucky and then you would end up with a storied boat with the pictures to prove it....

OH - and agreed with DAREDEVIL; I don't have the pocketbook for it anyways so I guess my opinion doesn't really matter.

BDiggity
04-09-2010, 12:07 PM
If i had the money i would buy it, i store my boat where those burned 90's Top Gun & the 50' Nortech are. I would slowly get the TS repaired, then take all the parts out of my Cafe & rig it in the TS, then let the bank have my Cafe. :sifone: How many TS do you see w/ hawk 525's & TRS's?? It would be one of a kind. :willy_nilly:

TCEd
04-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Think about how many seasons you could enjoy out on the water buying Tank's boat vs. working on this mess, ruining your marrage and never knowing what the next additional unknown expense will be.
ed

JupiterSunsation
04-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Think about how many seasons you could enjoy out on the water buying Tank's boat vs. working on this mess, ruining your marrage and never knowing what the next additional unknown expense will be.
ed

+1.....That guy on OSO from with the crispy TG still hasn't splashed that boat and it has been 2+ years!

JupiterSunsation
04-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Well, if u bring the boat to lipship...or any other big name shop ..u are correct!!!!!!!

But if u do it yourself, u be fine with my price....hoses,gauges,wiring....maybe 3K if that. mmmhhhhh ..so we are still under 50 !!!!:rolleyes:

DD I know you could pull off some type of deal with all your racer connections but even doing work yourself you have to fact in a value for that. 1,000 hours of labor at $20 an hour is still 20K in your own labor. Most people should factor in their own labor rate (like what you make at work so you can see what you really spent vs. paying someone else).

Lipship would laugh at this project and turn it down......I think the little parts are what will really catch the buyer by surprise when the totals are added up!

JupiterSunsation
04-09-2010, 06:59 PM
I spent 150K refreshing my boat. That was with everything there and working perfect.

Words of wisdom right there!

LotoSteve
04-09-2010, 07:27 PM
+1.....That guy on OSO from with the crispy TG still hasn't splashed that boat and it has been 2+ years!

Travis is just a good ole boy with a family and a big barn to play in. He is a super nice guy and helps a lot of other boaters with their projects "in his barn" for free. I have no doubt he will finish it at some point and will hold together. He is one of those guys that likes to work on stuff more then playing in them.

DAREDEVIL
04-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Travis is just a good ole boy with a family and a big barn to play in. He is a super nice guy and helps a lot of other boaters with their projects "in his barn" for free. I have no doubt he will finish it at some point and will hold together. He is one of those guys that likes to work on stuff more then playing in them.

Thats the man then,,right there...:cheers2:

PS.: if there is anything i can help him find for a deal..let me know !!!!!

phragle
04-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Its up over 10k now.....

DAREDEVIL
04-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Its up over 10k now.....

Damn,,,u had to throw those extra 98 bucks .....mmmhhhh:mad:

BDiggity
04-10-2010, 09:26 PM

I was just there today & he was helping someone fix an axle/hub problem on a trailer, then someone stopped by & asked if he could help change pump in an alpha drive. When i left he was tilling a flower garden for his wife.

I know he has been working to get the Bullet done by June so that gets most of his boat attention.

Magic Medicine
04-11-2010, 11:47 AM
The copy in the ad is HILARIOUS! "...or just drive it like it is..." Hahahahahahaaaaaaa!

LMAO, are you kidding me!!!!:eek:

JupiterSunsation
04-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Funny questions on that boat:

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Lee, Are closer pics of dashes headed my? Thanks! Dave in Iowa Apr-13-10
A: Yep, just sat down.
Q: Hi there, do you have any equipment on site to load it onto a flatbed trailer? Thanks. Apr-13-10
A: It has now been moved to a towing and recovery facility that has all types of equipment. Thanks for looking.
Q: Who are you trying to fool, this boat started on fire, wasn't next to the fire, or fire jumped to this boat, belts are burned right off the motors. I think buyer of this boat will have a legitimate lawsuit if you sell it under those pretences. Apr-13-10
A: Dear Arizona, I will pray for you. Seek the will of God. I happen to live here and know the recovery personnel, so even if I wasn't a Judge, you would lose anyway. Try and take a deep breath. Easy does it. Read the bible. Proverbs would be a good place to start. There are 31 Proverbs, one for each day of the month. Dare you to read it!
Q: Minor fiberglass damage...the motors look seriously cooked...do you furnish a large jar of KY JELLY with this boat or is the transaction going to be dry? Apr-11-10
A: Dear Texas, please bid from the photos. You are a quick study, there was a fire here, not black paint that needs to be wiped off. My sons description takes a stab at some humor, but make no mistake it will take some work. I can assure you, the buyers here understand that. I suggest you not bid unless you can understand what you see from experience. Keep in mind you are looking at a boat worth well over a hundred grand. Thanks for looking.
Q: Send me the HIN number stamped in the transom on the upper starboard side or from your paperwork, thanks Apr-10-10
A: The number on the bill of sale is CRTUSG03E102. I have not seen the boat so I cannot tell you any other numbers than that. However, if you are going to bid, please bid now as I am getting requests to sell now and end auction early. Which I am going to do rather than move it twice.
Q: very interested in this boat please give me a number I can contact you at. I will be in meetings this a.m. I will call after lunch Thanks! David Hoffman 515-987-0160 Apr-08-10
A: You can reach me at 225 205 1675. Lee

DAREDEVIL
04-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Funny questions on that boat:

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Lee, Are closer pics of dashes headed my? Thanks! Dave in Iowa Apr-13-10
A: Yep, just sat down.
Q: Hi there, do you have any equipment on site to load it onto a flatbed trailer? Thanks. Apr-13-10
A: It has now been moved to a towing and recovery facility that has all types of equipment. Thanks for looking.
Q: Who are you trying to fool, this boat started on fire, wasn't next to the fire, or fire jumped to this boat, belts are burned right off the motors. I think buyer of this boat will have a legitimate lawsuit if you sell it under those pretences. Apr-13-10
A: Dear Arizona, I will pray for you. Seek the will of God. I happen to live here and know the recovery personnel, so even if I wasn't a Judge, you would lose anyway. Try and take a deep breath. Easy does it. Read the bible. Proverbs would be a good place to start. There are 31 Proverbs, one for each day of the month. Dare you to read it!
Q: Minor fiberglass damage...the motors look seriously cooked...do you furnish a large jar of KY JELLY with this boat or is the transaction going to be dry? Apr-11-10
A: Dear Texas, please bid from the photos. You are a quick study, there was a fire here, not black paint that needs to be wiped off. My sons description takes a stab at some humor, but make no mistake it will take some work. I can assure you, the buyers here understand that. I suggest you not bid unless you can understand what you see from experience. Keep in mind you are looking at a boat worth well over a hundred grand. Thanks for looking.
Q: Send me the HIN number stamped in the transom on the upper starboard side or from your paperwork, thanks Apr-10-10
A: The number on the bill of sale is CRTUSG03E102. I have not seen the boat so I cannot tell you any other numbers than that. However, if you are going to bid, please bid now as I am getting requests to sell now and end auction early. Which I am going to do rather than move it twice.
Q: very interested in this boat please give me a number I can contact you at. I will be in meetings this a.m. I will call after lunch Thanks! David Hoffman 515-987-0160 Apr-08-10
A: You can reach me at 225 205 1675. Lee

O K ,,,so what was the outcome ??????
and its not our Lee here is it ??? LOL

phragle
04-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Isn't ending an auction early for a bidder, when it wasn't a buy it now against ebay policy?

Tank
04-14-2010, 09:59 PM
ed

Ohhhh, I missed this one!! Yea, buy my boat!!:sifone::sifone::seeya:

38flatdeck
04-15-2010, 08:27 AM
its a parts boat nothing else

Lee
04-15-2010, 01:46 PM
O K ,,,so what was the outcome ??????
and its not our Lee here is it ??? LOL

If by slight chance that you are refering to me, NO :rolleyes:

DAREDEVIL
04-15-2010, 03:11 PM