PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys please help me out with some votes for a hottie?

sre
04-07-2010, 08:55 PM
My good friend Melissa is working on becoming WRIF Rock Girl 2010 and competition is fierce so looking for my fellow boaters for some help. For those that don't know WRIF is a local radio station in MI.

Not only is she super cool but she is a boater herself and is a damn good captain. Usually just about every weekend you can see her out at the Moot!

Please follow this link to cast your vote.

Thanks everyone!!!

http://www.wrif.com/RockGirl2010MelissaS.aspx

dykstra
04-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Done, she's a hottie!!!!

clayinaustin
04-08-2010, 12:04 AM
"fellow boater"? two posts? Sounds like spam. :mad:

fund razor
04-08-2010, 07:52 AM
All part of an elaborate plan, including joining six months ago, and using local information. The registering in his own name with his real zip was also a giveaway.

Welcome to Serious SRE.

See you on the Detroit River. :)

sre
04-08-2010, 07:58 AM

Not spam just trying to help out a friend. For the record I am out on St Clair almost every weekend and so is she. Did not no lurking was a crime on here.

cigdaze
04-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Welcome Paul. Any hottie that's a friend of one of our members has my vote.
:)

fund razor
04-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Not spam just trying to help out a friend. For the record I am out on St Clair almost every weekend and so is she. Did not no lurking was a crime on here.

Lurking is fine. Posting is fine too.

Look forward to seeing both of you on St. Clair.

Baja Fresh
04-08-2010, 02:28 PM
She didn't answer the ice cream question so I can't get a proper assessment of her personality. Seriously, who writes up these things? Why would anyone care about such a stupid question?

I voted for her anyway.

sre
04-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Lurking is fine. Posting is fine too.

Look forward to seeing both of you on St. Clair.

Thanks Fund! Can't wait for summer. Have you ever attended the large parties at The Beach Grill?

RLJ676
04-08-2010, 08:09 PM

He's a St Clair guy that's been on OSO (I remember seeing the posts for the parties).

Buoy
04-08-2010, 08:57 PM
WRIF - used to love the morning show.
Drew and Mike were great!!!
I listened to it via I-net for 6 years after I moved from the area to Cinci-area.

It took a real downturn after losing Drew Lane. He was freaking hilarious!!

I miss the show with the both of them together.

sre
04-08-2010, 09:13 PM
WRIF - used to love the morning show.
Drew and Mike were great!!!
I listened to it via I-net for 6 years after I moved from the area to Cinci-area.

It took a real downturn after losing Drew Lane. He was freaking hilarious!!

I miss the show with the both of them together.

Drew is back on the air! Has been for a number of months now. Will probably see both of them downtown tomorrow for opening day of the Tigers. Those 2 together are hilarious!

sre
04-08-2010, 09:15 PM
He's a St Clair guy that's been on OSO (I remember seeing the posts for the parties).

What up? Yes my best friend throws Memorial Day Eve, 4th of July Eve and The White Party there at Beach Grill. Huge events. We are usually at the Moot passing out comp tickets to our fellow boaters. Will be doing all 3 parties again this year so don't hesitate to hit me up for a few free tickets.

sre
04-08-2010, 09:16 PM
She didn't answer the ice cream question so I can't get a proper assessment of her personality. Seriously, who writes up these things? Why would anyone care about such a stupid question?

I voted for her anyway.
That's funny. Yes they do ask some really dumb questions. Thanks for the help!!!

RLJ676
04-08-2010, 10:10 PM
What up? Yes my best friend throws Memorial Day Eve, 4th of July Eve and The White Party there at Beach Grill. Huge events. We are usually at the Moot passing out comp tickets to our fellow boaters. Will be doing all 3 parties again this year so don't hesitate to hit me up for a few free tickets.

Will look for ya.

Made the white party 2 years ago, great time.:cheers2:

WRIF is great, and love Drew and Mike.

MattBMiller
04-08-2010, 10:34 PM
I think I saw her up at the Wrif rock girl party at Santinos a couple weeks back.

Buoy
04-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Drew is back on the air! Has been for a number of months now. Will probably see both of them downtown tomorrow for opening day of the Tigers. Those 2 together are hilarious!

Really?!?!?!?!
That's friggin great!!
Drew and Mike together were great! I don't think either one could hold it together without the other.
I'll have to start tuning back in.
Did Drew's girl Tess get better? I know that was the reason he left/took leave was to care for her.

BTW - I never offered you the official welcome to Serious. Glad to see you posting. You're on some of the best water out there - we like pics!! (hint)

fund razor
04-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Thanks Fund! Can't wait for summer. Have you ever attended the large parties at The Beach Grill?

Nope. Now I will have to. :D

When the boat is done, and it's not on the road... it will be in the Detroit River and Lake St. Clair. There is more to do than Toledo and a good alternative to the Islands. I love the detroit river and st. clair. :cheers2:

This is me doing a patrol last fall off of Gibralter to make sure those dam canadians didn't steal the water. :D

insanity
04-09-2010, 07:34 AM
I tuned in awhile back when I was up on the north side of Toledo, (can't get WRIF in Pburg) quit listening since I haven't been working up in the D in a couple years and was surprised to hear Drew back on. Mike just didn't quite have what it takes to carry the show on his own.

Hands down one of the best morning shows in the U.S., only one I would say is better is Stern.

Really?!?!?!?!
That's friggin great!!
Drew and Mike together were great! I don't think either one could hold it together without the other.
I'll have to start tuning back in.
Did Drew's girl Tess get better? I know that was the reason he left/took leave was to care for her.

BTW - I never offered you the official welcome to Serious. Glad to see you posting. You're on some of the best water out there - we like pics!! (hint)

fund razor
04-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Can you listen on the internet?

sre
04-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Can you listen on the internet?
Pretty sure you can at WRIF.com

Buoy
04-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Pretty sure you can at WRIF.com

Yep.
I still listened for 6 years while living in Cinci-tucky.

Great morning show!

POWERPLAY33
04-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Nope. Now I will have to. :D

When the boat is done, and it's not on the road... it will be in the Detroit River and Lake St. Clair. There is more to do than Toledo and a good alternative to the Islands. I love the detroit river and st. clair. :cheers2:

This is me doing a patrol last fall off of Gibralter to make sure those dam canadians didn't steal the water. :D

Glad to hear your gonna make it up here. I'd like to see that Brave up close...

Tommy Gun
04-09-2010, 11:39 PM
I want Marissa.

Scarab KV
04-10-2010, 11:58 PM
Done.
Great morn'n show too

Buoy
04-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Done.
Great morn'n show too

Wayne, if you've never listened to Drew & Mike before, keep listening.
Either one would be unbalanced without the other, but together they just rock!!

The Harris poll's are great!!
And it's even better when they get on the phone with Delbert Harris.

The WRIF rock girl thing is cool.
And the new chick Trudi Daniels is pretty hot, and she really does have a pretty sexy voice.

My favorite radio station. Glad to hear Drew is back.

showtime83
04-11-2010, 02:15 AM
buoy, i thought mike did a good job when drew left, he really stepped up to the plate, him ,mike and marc did a decent show.

Scarab KV
04-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Wayne, if you've never listened to Drew & Mike before, keep listening.
Either one would be unbalanced without the other, but together they just rock!!

The Harris poll's are great!!
And it's even better when they get on the phone with Delbert Harris.

The WRIF rock girl thing is cool.
And the new chick Trudi Daniels is pretty hot, and she really does have a pretty sexy voice.

My favorite radio station. Glad to hear Drew is back.

I pick it up when go'n across the pike. Only get it for an hour or so providing I'm go'n through at the time of the show.

sre
04-11-2010, 12:32 PM
They do rock. The best morning show here in the D for sure.

Thanks everyone for all the support!

Buoy
04-11-2010, 03:27 PM
buoy, i thought mike did a good job when drew left, he really stepped up to the plate, him ,mike and marc did a decent show.

Don't get me wrong, Mike did OK by himself, but not as good as Drew & Mike together.
I had been listening to those guys since the early 90's, and some of their stuff was just absolutely hilarious.
I remember when they used to always do the Emerson Fitipaldi interview/imitations. Funny stuff.
I love that Mickey Redmond was always a regular, as well as several other wings players (Probert, McCarty, Yzerman, Drake, Cheveldae)...
Traveling with the Lord Stanley...
The BS phone calls...
The calls to phone booths or hotel rooms on spring break, or Mardi Gras.
The shirt for shirt at live events...
All great stuff.

sre
04-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Don't get me wrong, Mike did OK by himself, but not as good as Drew & Mike together.
I had been listening to those guys since the early 90's, and some of their stuff was just absolutely hilarious.
I remember when they used to always do the Emerson Fitipaldi interview/imitations. Funny stuff.
I love that Mickey Redmond was always a regular, as well as several other wings players (Probert, McCarty, Yzerman, Drake, Cheveldae)...
Traveling with the Lord Stanley...
The BS phone calls...
The calls to phone booths or hotel rooms on spring break, or Mardi Gras.
The shirt for shirt at live events...
All great stuff.Mickey is still a regular after every game. The Harris poles are funny as hell!

sre
04-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks everyone that voted. Melissa is going to the next round!!!