PDA

View Full Version : Weekend at Bernie's meets Aiplane

fund razor
04-06-2010, 11:49 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36190832/ns/travel-news/?GT1=43001

LONDON - Two women were arrested at a British airport on suspicion of trying to smuggle a dead relative onto a flight bound for Germany, police said on Tuesday.

The 91-year-old deceased man was pushed in a wheelchair through Liverpool's John Lennon airport wearing sunglasses before check-in staff became suspicious on Saturday and he was prevented from boarding the plane.

He was believed to have been driven about 35 miles to the airport by taxi from Oldham, Greater Manchester, police added.

The women were arrested on suspicion of failing to give notification of a death and were released on bail.

"Police at Liverpool John Lennon airport were alerted to the death of a 91-year-old man in the terminal building," police said in a statement.

"Two women aged 41 and 66 were arrested on suspicion of failing to give notification of death."

The cause of death is not known.

fund razor
04-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Airplane. :)

catastrophe
04-06-2010, 12:02 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36190832/ns/travel-news/?GT1=43001

LONDON - Two women were arrested at a British airport on suspicion of trying to smuggle a dead relative onto a flight bound for Germany, police said on Tuesday.

The 91-year-old deceased man was pushed in a wheelchair through Liverpool's John Lennon airport wearing sunglasses before check-in staff became suspicious on Saturday and he was prevented from boarding the plane.

He was believed to have been driven about 35 miles to the airport by taxi from Oldham, Greater Manchester, police added.

The women were arrested on suspicion of failing to give notification of a death and were released on bail.

"Police at Liverpool John Lennon airport were alerted to the death of a 91-year-old man in the terminal building," police said in a statement.

"Two women aged 41 and 66 were arrested on suspicion of failing to give notification of death."

H F !!!!

There is somethin goofy going on someplace on this planet 24/7.

cigdaze
04-06-2010, 12:14 PM
That's an epic fail. How in the world could they think this little plan of theirs would ever succeed? It's funny, though.

MarylandMark
04-06-2010, 12:32 PM
UPS would have been cheaper- he's already done

fund razor
04-06-2010, 12:45 PM
UPS would have been cheaper- he's already done

About 400 pounds (600 dollars) assuming that he isn't over the 70kg limit. But he would be in Berlin tomorrow. :)

Perlmudder
04-06-2010, 12:49 PM
A guy I know from Fort Erie was in Buffalo with his grandfather for the weekend. His grandfather passed away and it was extremely expensive to have the body shipped back to Canada. He called a friend at boarder patrol, strapped gramps into the passenger seat and drove back over the bridge.

fund razor
04-06-2010, 12:57 PM
A guy I know from Fort Erie was in Buffalo with his grandfather for the weekend. His grandfather passed away and it was extremely expensive to have the body shipped back to Canada. He called a friend at boarder patrol, strapped gramps into the passenger seat and drove back over the bridge.

Weekend at Bernies meets National Lampoon Vacation.

clayinaustin
04-06-2010, 01:03 PM

How about OLD AGE? :eek:

Blue Oval
04-06-2010, 01:17 PM
WOW, very odd stuff!

Wrinkleface
04-06-2010, 01:21 PM
WOW, very odd stuff!

Like the kinda stuff U might expect from people in Boyne City Michigan!!:leaving:

TCEd
04-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Wouldn't he ship cheaper in a dog crate ?

Bobcat
04-06-2010, 03:36 PM
The fact that the old guy didn't smell like P I S S was a Dead giveaway !:ack2:

jayboat
04-06-2010, 04:03 PM
It's funny, though.

In a very weird sort of way. Creepy as hell.

I can only imagine the conversation between the two women...

Greta: "Isabelle, I think Heinrick has cacked."

Isabelle: "Vaat? He has first-class ticket!!! Vee cannot get money back."

Greta: "Vatt should vee do? He von't fit in trash can."

Isabelle: "Let me tink. (Isabelle spots a Sunglass Hut- buys a pair of Foster Grants, and puts them on Heinrick.) Dere... now he looks like tourist. Vee go to gate."

:ack2:

Truth is stranger than fiction, indeed. :sifone:

Perlmudder
04-06-2010, 04:19 PM
In a very weird sort of way. Creepy as hell.

I can only imagine the conversation between the two women...

Greta: "Isabelle, I think Heinrick has cacked."

Isabelle: "Vaat? He has first-class ticket!!! Vee cannot get money back."

Greta: "Vatt should vee do? He von't fit in trash can."

Isabelle: "Let me tink. (Isabelle spots a Sunglass Hut- buys a pair of Foster Grants, and puts them on Heinrick.) Dere... now he looks like tourist. Vee go to gate."

:ack2:

Truth is stranger than fiction, indeed. :sifone:

professional photographer, screen writer, and PI.