PDA

View Full Version : Im need your opinion

CROWN MAN
11-24-2008, 10:53 AM
There was a guy on a lawn mower cutting the grass, as I drove by something kicked up & hit my truck. When I pulled over the guy didn't speak English so he just shrugged his shoulders & kept on cutting.I couldn't see any damage because i was looking at the middle & bottom part of the door. The next day I saw a dent & scratch just under the window.
Is the lawn company liable ?

cigdaze
11-24-2008, 10:58 AM
I would think yes, they're liable; lawn guy propelled a rock into your truck. Is it worth pursuing?...that's debatable. How bad is the damage?

MerCrewser
11-24-2008, 10:59 AM
yes. Lucky they didnt hit some little kid in the eye. You have a problem because you left before seeing the damage though.

Edward R. Cozzi
11-24-2008, 11:01 AM
How "convenient" the guy not speaking English.

Blue Oval
11-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Call your Ins. agent,if you are covered they will do all they can do to collect from them.It is also a much stronger statement when the Ins. company is calling them.

phragle
11-24-2008, 11:23 AM
they wouldbe liable, but like was said, you didnt immediatly contact the lawn guys employer, file a police report over damage etc so now the cause of damage is dabateable.

yesrej
11-24-2008, 06:32 PM
i had the samething happen to me but it didnt hit the door it hit my hand and it hurt like a b!tch. pulled truck over and started blasting the guy.after a good thirty seconds the owner of the company heard me and ran over to us. asked me what my problem as with a real big attitude until i told me what happened. he then calmed down ask me very nicly if i was ok and whole attitude changed. he even walked with me over to the truck and checked to see if any damage was done. told me if i have any problems or if i see anything work with the truck to give him a call. i would think they are liable. the was very concerned with me.

fund razor
11-24-2008, 07:36 PM
At age 28... I would have jacked the guy up so hard that he would have been fed by straw for months.

At age 42... the truck? A dent?

If it really bothers me, the truck is new, and the damage is more than the deductible... I will file on my comprehensive. Chasing a landscaping company full of guys that can slip back across the border over a dent and the guy didn't even mean to do it? Nah.
These days I save my energy for the non-accident. ;)

RPM
11-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Some people who dont speak the language sometimes have to be shown to understand what you mean. You should have picked up a rock and threw at his lawnmower.

Cash Bar
11-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Treat him like a CueBall, hit him hard enough to get English out of him. :boxing_smiley:

Then I would go after the Co. for hiring Illegals Etc until the dent was fixed and I was paid for my troubles. :sifone:

MOBILEMERCMAN
11-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Call your Ins. agent,if you are covered they will do all they can do to collect from them.It is also a much stronger statement when the Ins. company is calling them.

I like this response the best. It only works if you know which company to contact. If you do know maybe the owner is good enough to discuss it with you.

Or your beat.

MacGyver
11-24-2008, 09:00 PM
How "convenient" the guy not speaking English.

They only speak english when they need to. :(

MOBILEMERCMAN
11-24-2008, 09:02 PM

LOL So true. He may have given you the bosses phone number for $10.

Trim'd Up
11-24-2008, 09:23 PM

Definately true. I really need to learn to speak spanish. Construction is full of selective english speakers.:(

RPM
11-24-2008, 09:25 PM
$10 and a cerveza

phragle
11-24-2008, 10:05 PM
it will eventually come down to whether or not tracking down the company, fighting with them, etc is worth more than the pain in the azz it will be to get them to take care of it as opposed to A. not fixing it or B. fixing it out of pocket. your the only one who can determine what your personal tme and sanity are worth.

Tony
11-24-2008, 10:11 PM
:03:
I would think yes, they're liable; lawn guy propelled a rock into your truck. Is it worth pursuing?...that's debatable. How bad is the damage?

What Nick said.

Lawn mowers fling rocks, its not a new concept, **** happens. If the damage is that bad then by all means pursue it.

rockfish71
11-24-2008, 10:34 PM
:boxing_smiley:

ImaPoser
11-24-2008, 10:35 PM
If you didn't see it when it happened, it can't be that bad. It's a truck, right?

BTW, my wife did that last year. But, she was the one on the mower, and it was a six foot black snake, not a rock. Landed right on the guys windshield.

yesrej
11-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Treat him like a CueBall, hit him hard enough to get English out of him. :boxing_smiley:

Then I would go after the Co. for hiring Illegals Etc until the dent was fixed and I was paid for my troubles. :sifone:

that is funny...

Duke69
11-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Call the insurance company????

I don't know about you guys down there, but here in Canada, calling the insurance anymore is saved until it's many thousands of $$$

Making a claim anymore is just a reason for them to jack up your insurance.. A LOT...

Blue Oval
11-25-2008, 11:22 AM
I agree not to make a claim if at all possible,but in small town america if your agent called the lawn company they would probable pay your local dent remover guy for $35.00 repair, no claim,all is well and all his help won't get sent back home(Mexico).