PDA

View Full Version : Considering getting rid of the purple

rchevelle71
04-02-2010, 03:26 PM
If I decide to do it, it will be a silver with some graphics, and possibly switch out the old windscreen for a fairing. Boat may also get a bracket instead of the jackplate, but ya gotta use your imagination on that for now. When I bought the boat it was black/red with Bad Company A-81 on it. Not sure if I wanna go that route. Here are a few rough ideas, what do you all think. Last picture is the before pic.

rchevelle71
04-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Just messing around, I went back and added a black outline to the silver.

rchevelle71
04-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Here is what happens if I bring the grey up the fairing, dont like that at all.

rchevelle71
04-02-2010, 03:42 PM
and with all white above the rubrail, I think I may like this best.

VetteLT193
04-02-2010, 03:48 PM
really rough, but I kind of like the idea of just knocking out the light purple. I also added in the Merc blue splash, knocking that to gray.

I like the number area, but put a number in it. Looks classic and racy. Windshield would probably look great with dark tint.

rchevelle71
04-02-2010, 04:06 PM
really rough, but I kind of like the idea of just knocking out the light purple. I also added in the Merc blue splash, knocking that to gray.

I like the number area, but put a number in it. Looks classic and racy. Windshield would probably look great with dark tint.

Your better at this than me obviously, here is with the #, and black windscreen.

VetteLT193
04-02-2010, 04:11 PM
I like the classic looks better, but of course, to each his own. the best of yours is the white/gray one that you like too.

if you want to play...

get Gimp, it is free. Open the file in gimp. select the magic wand tool. click on the area you want to change the color. hold shift, and keep clicking at unselected areas until everything you want to change is selected. Click color in the menu. Select either the colorize, hue, etc. and start working the sliders. that will allow you to change color to just about anything if you play long enough.

It doesn't take that long to get decent. after you master that you can work on better/different selection processes to really get good examples. better work takes time though.

I have to sign out for the weekend, getting ready to leave town, but I can assist next week if you want help.

Perlmudder
04-02-2010, 04:16 PM
the silver looks sweet! i really like the one where you have a mostly white fairing. good stuff!

VetteLT193
04-02-2010, 04:22 PM
last shot for now... I took out some purple in the reflection in the water. did the shield in black and extended it (would be paint) to make it look more angular at the rear.

Sydwayz
04-02-2010, 04:53 PM
I think you need MORE purple! It's classic Pantera yo! Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it.

Bobcat
04-02-2010, 05:08 PM
The Pantera eyes should be at water level while at the dock or Idling.

rchevelle71
04-02-2010, 10:16 PM
I think you need MORE purple! It's classic Pantera yo! Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it.

that thing is hideous, but I am sure it was "In" at the time. Funny thing is, he only lives a few miles from me.

Slandrew
04-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Purple depends small amount of boats look good with it the rest look HOMO:boxing_smiley:

phragle
04-02-2010, 11:54 PM
here you go....

insanity
04-03-2010, 02:32 AM
The Pantera eyes should be at water level while at the dock or Idling.

Agreed. That is killer.

RLJ676
04-03-2010, 11:17 AM
I think "#2" looks great. (middle top)

I would also mess with different ways of doing the eye's, maybe bigger without the black box, etc.

Have you thought of doing a Pantera script on the side rather than the Bad Co?

CRC
04-03-2010, 01:54 PM
I vote for pic 1 in post 1.

rchevelle71
04-04-2010, 11:50 PM
here you go....

WTF:eek:

phragle
04-05-2010, 12:13 AM
WTF:eek:

Wood you prefer a nice woodgrain??

Buoy
04-05-2010, 01:42 AM
Rick, I like the silver.
As you may know, I'm going a dark metallic gray with mine, and white undersides, and white deck/ cockpit.
I'm thinking of "ghosting" in the Pantera name, and maybe even the "eyes" - similar to Alecs boat's graphics (the SOS boat in the Ft. Meyers run thread).
I like the idea of the race numbers.
Not sure if yours was ever raced, but if it was, bring it back to glory.
If not an original race boat, do me a favor and put any number on it other than 69.:rolleyes: That's pretty cliched, and just makes you look like another fuggin goof.
How are you coming along on the transom work?

You'll be back on the water before I am.

rchevelle71
04-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Rick, I like the silver.
As you may know, I'm going a dark metallic gray with mine, and white undersides, and white deck/ cockpit.
I'm thinking of "ghosting" in the Pantera name, and maybe even the "eyes" - similar to Alecs boat's graphics (the SOS boat in the Ft. Meyers run thread).
I like the idea of the race numbers.
Not sure if yours was ever raced, but if it was, bring it back to glory.
If not an original race boat, do me a favor and put any number on it other than 69.:rolleyes: That's pretty cliched, and just makes you look like another fuggin goof.
How are you coming along on the transom work?

You'll be back on the water before I am.

I like the silver metallic also, thought about the Pantera on the side, but not sure. As far as racing, I was told it was raced a few times in the northeast, but could never verify it. No #69, although it does read the same upside down:sifone:, another thought for a number was 24-7:driving:

Caincando1
04-05-2010, 11:48 AM
I like the 3rd and 4th picture in the first post. But leave the number box and Pantera and eyes like they currently are.

phragle
04-05-2010, 03:26 PM
I actually think the woodgrain would be kinda cool, maybe some kind of thin veneer with a lot of clear over it, kind of modern classic and one of a kind.

DAREDEVIL
04-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Just messing around, I went back and added a black outline to the silver.

I think this one looks nice, but i don't like the black around the eyes...JUST THE EYES would be cool and bigger,,,also loose the race#,,,not looking good anymore..LOL:cheers2:

rchevelle71
04-05-2010, 08:49 PM
I think this one looks nice, but i don't like the black around the eyes...JUST THE EYES would be cool and bigger,,,also loose the race#,,,not looking good anymore..LOL:cheers2:

The black is only there, cuz I am not good at the computer, wouldnt be there in real world.

DAREDEVIL
04-05-2010, 10:27 PM
The black is only there, cuz I am not good at the computer, wouldnt be there in real world.

OH,,,well...what i am just thinking..lol...no,,ok , yes ,, i will ask....lol,,what are u good at ..hahahaha:sifone:

Sorry:cheers2: