PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Viper brand to be sold, will this affect Ilmor at all?

MetalBrosRacing
11-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Dodge is selling off the Viper and it's branding. Supposedly Hennessy is first in line to scoop it up. My question is will it make the availability of V10 cores and parts viable still if it winds up in the hands of a much smaller manufacturer?

ILMORdude
11-23-2008, 10:06 PM
There are many "rumors" swirling about this issue. There are no real hard facts about whats going on. The car line is separate from the engine line even though housed in the same factory so details are sketchy at this time.

MetalBrosRacing
11-23-2008, 11:33 PM
There are many "rumors" swirling about this issue. There are no real hard facts about whats going on. The car line is separate from the engine line even though housed in the same factory so details are sketchy at this time.

The Henessey part may be "rumor" but the sale is pretty concrete. http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/25/dodge-to-begin-negotiations-to-sell-viper-brand-shortly/

How about a 3rd party like Dart producing blocks for you guys???

MattBMiller
11-24-2008, 10:23 AM

Do you guys have a red regular cab SRT10 Ram runnign around the area? I saw one on M53 a couple nights ago with ILMOR written on the bedsides.

ILMORdude
11-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Do you guys have a red regular cab SRT10 Ram runnign around the area? I saw one on M53 a couple nights ago with ILMOR written on the bedsides.

yeah we put a 710 based engine in it. Its a maniac of a truck

Sea-Dated
11-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Does Dodge use the V10 in anything besides the Viper and the Ram SRT?

MattBMiller
11-24-2008, 01:18 PM
yeah we put a 710 based engine in it. Its a maniac of a truck

Sounded and looked good.

ILMORdude
11-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Does Dodge use the V10 in anything besides the Viper and the Ram SRT?

Nope, the current V10 is an all aluminum package which is way different than the big truck V10 from years ago.