PDA

View Full Version : Cheech & Chong fans

Bad Idea Baja
03-31-2010, 05:10 PM
They are releasing a new movie. Looks funny.
Fire it up Holmes! :sifone::sifone:
http://www.youtube.com/user/CheechandChongsMovie?feature=mhw4

Quinlan
03-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Nice. AND comes out on 420 magine that:sifone:

jayboat
03-31-2010, 06:28 PM
My favorite line. Still makes me laugh.
HT

Are you out of your f***ing mind? (Cheech and Chong Album question asked by kamikaze pilot after flight briefing on suicide mission...Instructor: "Are there any questions? Yes you in the back"".............Pilot: "Are you out of your f***ing mind?

Absolutely!

Another: "Dave's not here, man."

Bad Idea Baja
03-31-2010, 06:57 PM
I saw Tommy years ago in a piano bar next to the club he was performing at in Wichita, Ks. It was the hardest I had ever laughed in my life. He was really cool to talk to but that might have been the most stoned I had ever been in my life too so...

phragle
03-31-2010, 07:18 PM
OMG that brings back memories... The very first concert type deal I ever went to was Cheech and Chongs up in smoke tour......

MacGyver
03-31-2010, 07:21 PM
Nice. AND comes out on 420 magine that:sifone:

Timing is everything :cheers2:

Bad Idea Baja
03-31-2010, 07:25 PM
Up in Smoke has been on TV (Direct TV) quite a bit lately. One of the Cinemax channels I think.

jayboat
03-31-2010, 07:31 PM
My Big Bambu album still has the paper in it.

:sifone::reddevil::party::biggrinjester::lurk5:

I got to go reprimer the jeep.

RebarBox
03-31-2010, 07:35 PM
OK, self proclaimed hillbilly from Oklahoma here.

What's '420'??

Bad Idea Baja
03-31-2010, 07:37 PM
My parents actually gave me all their old albums. I'm not sure where they are anymore, but they sure were cool to a this youngster.

MacGyver
03-31-2010, 07:39 PM
OK, self proclaimed hillbilly from Oklahoma here.

What's '420'??

Google is your friend :D

What does 420 mean? There are varying theories on the origin of 420. Some say that 420 originated from a police code that announces marijuana use is taking place. Yet another story is that a group of guys (Waldo's) in the 1970's made 4:20 their official meeting time to smoke marijuana after school. Whether or not 4:20 p.m. is the best time of day for your first hit depends on your own body, your own needs. Some folks feel that waiting until 4:20 enhances ones appreciation of the herb. Of course, your mileage may vary.

In the 21st Century, 420 is firmly established as a code amongst tokers, a time of day and even sort of a toker's New Year's Day. It's in our culture now and only time will tell where it ends up.

April 20th (4/20) is another usage, meaning that it is time for to plant before the summer.

Whatever the real story is, 420 has been an important part of the marijuana culture since the 1970's. The significance of 420 has been kept underground and is mostly known only among marijuana smokers. Many non-smokers aren't aware of the symbolism when they see someone wearing a T-shirt or baseball cap that says 420 across the front.

When the 420 icon is somehow discreetly worked into a mainstream product like a film, marijuana users take notice. The film Pulp Fiction is rumored to have had all clocks throughout the movie set to 4:20. Marijuana smokers familiar with the symbol picked up on it—most people, however, did not.

While some marijuana smokers are using 420 as a code that enables them to openly speak about marijuana in front of parents or teachers. 420 has been to some, a sacred symbol for nearly 30 years.

Simply put, 420 is a symbol of cannabis and its culture. Today, April 20th events are international, and 4:20 pm has become sort of a world wide "burn time".

Known 420 Myths

Police dispatch code for smoking pot is 420.
The number 420 is not police radio code for anything, anywhere. Checks of criminal codes suggest that the origin is neither Californian nor federal. For instance, California Penal Code 420 defines as a misdemeanor the hindrance of use of public lands.

There are approximately 420 active chemicals in marijuana.
Actually, there are approximately 315 active chemicals in marijuana. This number goes up and down depending on which plant is used.

April 20th is National Pot Smokers Day.
Well, it is now :) ; but that wasn't the origin.

April 20th is Hitler's birthday.
Yes, it is his birthday. But, as 420 started out as a time, not a date, his birthday had nothing to do with it.

The date of the Columbine school shootings.
This happened after the term was already in use.

4:20 is tea time for pot-smokers in Holland.
Tea time in Holland is at 5:30 pm, or is it 2:30 pm? Seems no one is quite sure when the wonderful people of Holland drink their tea.

Bad Idea Baja
03-31-2010, 07:48 PM
I know a few self-proclaimed hillbilly's in Oklahoma that smoke dope as a profession. I;m not including anyone here, just a general observation.

jayboat
03-31-2010, 07:49 PM
4:20 is tea time for pot-smokers in Holland.
Tea time in Holland is at 5:30 pm, or is it 2:30 pm? Seems no one is quite sure when the wonderful people of Holland drink their tea.

I was in Amsterdam in 1977 - bought a really cool carved cherry pipe and started looking for a place to get something to put in it.

First person I ask tells me, "Go down to the coffee shop after 4 o'clock."

I ask another person on the street, and, "Go down to the coffee shop after 4 o'clock."

I ask a couple more people, and, "Go down to the coffee shop after 4 o'clock."

I'm getting a little impatient by now, it's about 2:30. So I head down to the coffee shop and go in to ask.

They tell me, "Come back after 4 o'clock."

So I did. :sifone:

Bad Idea Baja
03-31-2010, 07:53 PM
I was in Amsterdam in 1977 - bought a really cool carved cherry pipe and started looking for a place to get something to put in it.

First person I ask tells me, "Go down to the coffee shop after 4 o'clock."

I ask another person on the street, and, "Go down to the coffee shop after 4 o'clock."

I ask a couple more people, and, "Go down to the coffee shop after 4 o'clock."

I'm getting a little impatient by now, it's about 2:30. So I head down to the coffee shop and go in to ask.

They tell me, "Come back after 4 o'clock."

So I did. :sifone:

One should always be prepared for such emergencies!

Tommy Gun
03-31-2010, 09:00 PM
My Big Bambu album still has the paper in it.

:sifone::reddevil::party::biggrinjester::lurk5:

I got to go reprimer the jeep.

Not mine, twisted one up and tried to smoke it...it wouldn't draw.

"Watch you watching man?"

"Some old indian movie, but man it's really boring."

"Thats not an indian movie, its a test pattern!"

Changing channels, woman screams!!!

"Wow a horror movie."

"Really? Is that Jane Fonda?"

Indy
03-31-2010, 10:25 PM
"Watch you watching man?"

"Some old indian movie, but man it's really boring."

I think I watched that movie a few times too. :D

jayboat
03-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Not mine, twisted one up and tried to smoke it...it wouldn't draw.

Don't blame the paper. We all know that Republicans cannot roll a decent doobie. :sifone: (ya gotta even out the fill- can't stack everything on the right side :))

Found this on a discography site:

Big Bambú is the second album by Cheech & Chong, released in 1972. The name Big Bambu is a reference to a type of rolling paper made by the Bambu company; the original LP sleeve was manufactured to look like a giant rolling paper package, and originally contained a giant rolling paper with the record. Since its release, vinyl copies with the rolling paper have been extremely hard to find.* The CD packaging has been slightly reformatted, and does not contain rolling papers of any size.

Studio album by Cheech & Chong
Released 1972
Genre Comedy
Label Ode Records/Warner Bros. Records / WEA

01.Sister Mary Elephant - 3:38 (#50 Canada)
02.Ralph And Herbie - 3:24
03.Streets Of New York Or Los Angeles Or San Francisco Or... - 2:34
04.Rebuttal: Speaker Ashley Roachclip - 1:56
05.The Continuing Adventures Of Pedro De Pacas And Man - 6:22
06.The Bust - 2:02
07.Television Medley - 14:18
a). Tortured Old Man - 3:08
b). Empire Hancock - 1:08
c). Let's Make A Dope Deal - 3:57
d). Unamerican Bandstand - 6:05

* Wonder if I could trade it for a quarter pound? :bump:

Slandrew
03-31-2010, 10:29 PM
4/20/2010

cigdaze
04-01-2010, 09:12 AM
:D :D :D

Hey, what's in this sht, man?

Mostly Maui-wowie, man.

Yeah?

But it's got some Labrador in it.

What's Labrador?

It's dog sht.

What?

Yeah, my dog ate my stash, man. Had it on the table, and the little motherfvcker ate it, man.

Yeah?

I had to follow him around with a little baggie for three days before I got it back. Really blew the dog's mind.

You mean we're smoking dog sht, man?

Gets you high, don't it?

clayinaustin
04-01-2010, 09:34 AM
April 20th (4/20) will be an awesome Topless Tuesday in Devil's Cove! :sifone:

Tommy Gun
04-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Another of my favorite lines:

"Hey ya'll need a watch? I know y'all need a watch 'cause of you had a watch you would know it is night time, and night ain't no time to be in this here neighborhood."

jayboat
04-01-2010, 12:31 PM
"Baliff, whack his pee-pee!"

Bad Idea Baja
04-01-2010, 04:49 PM
I think he's gonna show ya JR.