PDA

View Full Version : Group of Christian whackos arrested in MI, OH, IN,

JupiterSunsation
03-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Everyone complains about the whacky Muslim extremists but these "Christian American" militia members were just as bad. The pictures of these folks would make any family tree sag......angry white trash with guns/bombs.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

DETROIT — Several members of a Christian militia that prosecutors claim plotted to kill police officers were scheduled to be in court Wednesday to determine if they will be allowed to go free on bond.

Bond hearings are scheduled for the alleged ringleader, David Brian Stone, and other members of the Hutaree militia, a small group that was preparing to fight the Antichrist.

Stone, 44, of Clayton, was among nine members arrested after a series of raids in three Midwestern states, which federal officials said they carried out after monitoring the group since last summer and learning they planned to launch their attack next month.

Each of the suspects is being held without bond and each has requested a public defender.

It all started inside a trailer home in rural Michigan, where Stone's family gathered before bed for prayer. Years later, the private devotions had evolved into the Hutaree, a name the group's Web site says they created to mean "Christian warrior."

The changes in Stone's personal theology partly destroyed his marriage, his former wife says, and prosecutors claim they later led him to hatch a plot to kill police officers — a violent act the militia hoped would touch off an uprising against the government.

"The time had come that we needed to arrest them and take them down," U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade said Tuesday in an interview with The Associated Press.

Donna Stone, 44, said her ex-husband created the legal problems now faced by her stepson, Joshua Matthew Stone, and her 19-year-old son, David Brian Stone Jr., by involving them in a militia that grew out of his faith.

"I honestly feel, and think, their dad never told either of those boys what they were getting into," she said. "This a bunch of garbage, these charges. There is no way my son would do these things."

Donna Stone said she met David Brian Stone in the late 1990s in a grocery store where she worked. He courted her and soon afterward, she and her son, Sean Stetten, moved into his small trailer in Lenawee County, near the Ohio state line. The boys were raised as brothers, and David Brian Stone legally adopted Sean, whose name was changed to David Brian Stone Jr.

Both boys were home-schooled and at night, the family would pray together.

"David would preach out of the Bible," said Donna Stone, who said she was married to David Brian Stone for about six years. "He would start at the beginning of Genesis and go to Revelations. He didn't get into Revelations because we didn't agree on it. David said it was supposed to be different. He had his own views. That's when I thought it was time for me to go."

The Hutaree Web site quotes several Bible passages and declares: "We believe that one day, as prophecy says, there will be an Anti-Christ. ... Jesus wanted us to be ready to defend ourselves using the sword and stay alive using equipment."

McQuade downplayed the role religious ideology played in the group's alleged plans, saying the "most troubling" finding of their investigation into the Hutaree were the details of their alleged plot. Prosecutors have said the militia planned to make a false 911 call, kill responding police officers and then use a bomb to kill many more at the funeral.

"What we were focused on here is their conduct, not on their religion. And what they have talked about is being very anti-government," McQuade said. "They fear this 'new world order' and they thought that it was their job to fight against government — the federal government in particular."

The group was preparing to carry out an attack sometime in April, prosecutors said, after months of paramilitary training that began in 2008 and included learning how to shoot guns and make bombs. Authorities seized guns in the raids but would not say whether they found explosives.

McQuade declined to discuss other specifics, including how the group originally came to the attention of authorities or how agents learned about the alleged plans for an attack in April.

___

Associated Press writers Jeff Karoub in Detroit, and Devlin Barrett and Eileen Sullivan in Washington, contributed to this report.

fund razor
03-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Just as scary as when Muslims do it.

The difference is that the moderate Christians are actually willing to denounce this violence and publicly state that it does not represent Christian beliefs. I saw a priest that I know from Detroit on CNN saying that it was whacked, and that Jesus was non-violent above all else.

It does occur to me though...If I was going to have an armed militia, I would do it in Michigan. As long as a few guys wear orange hats, you are hunters. :)

TCEd
03-31-2010, 11:26 AM
Rural southern Michigan has been a hotbed for militias. The Michigan Militia and other groups got a lot of press after the McVeigh bombing.

phragle
03-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Why is it that religon is so powerful as to incite violence, yet so weak that it cannot instill tolerance?

Could the simple answer to a complex problem be that religon serves as nothing more than the exploitation of sprituality to achieve agenda??

The philosophy of Phragle.....

JupiterSunsation
03-31-2010, 11:40 AM
Why is it that religon is so powerful as to incite violence, yet so weak that it cannot instill tolerance?

Could the simple answer to a complex problem be that religon serves as nothing more than the exploitation of sprituality to achieve agenda??

The philosophy of Phragle.....

Hopefully the authorities are watching this guy.......:D
P-posts
H-hate,
R-racism
A-and
G-generally
L-loves
E-evangelism

phragle
03-31-2010, 11:45 AM
Nuke the unborn baby gay whales!!!!

This message brought to you by the Gay Jewish Nazi's for Christ.

ROGUE
03-31-2010, 11:45 AM
Thats what you get from reading and believing the media, I knew some of these guys, gun nuts yes, angry at the government yes, just like the rest of us. But what they have been portrayed as is no different than what happened every day in the 60's. And as far as prosecution, its all lots of talk, no action, and they are being persecuted on talk. Youll be singing a different tune when the talk police come to your door.

I wonder why certain legislators and others havent been arrested for the threats they made against Bush and our military?

Indy
03-31-2010, 11:48 AM
David Brian Stone, and other members of the Hutaree militia, a small group that was preparing to fight the Antichrist.

Puhleeze...

Chris
03-31-2010, 11:51 AM
Religion has always held easy answers to complex problems. The earliest religions offered explanations to the unknown. And while those explanations were obviously very wrong, it gave the average person the peace of mind that comes from believing they have knowledge and understanding and therefore some degree of control over things around them.

My guess is that these people are no different. They're most likely filled with some sort of rage that comes with living with frustrations they're unable to deal with. You know, when God himself instructs you to do something, you're no longer responsible. ;)

In the end, these people aren't Christian in any sense of the word. The Bible is full of teachings about peaceful tolerance and forgiveness. And nifty life guidelines like the ten commandments. Or this little gem, found in Romans-

Vengeance is mine, I will repay, sayeth the Lord

mosi
03-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Yea but they were a bunch of PUZZYS!!!!!

ALL that training and talk......and when they were confronted...NOT one shot fired!!!

They were just a bunch of holloween militants with balls the size of a fat lady!!!

ROGUE
03-31-2010, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=JupiterSunsation;468664]
"What we were focused on here is their conduct, not on their religion. And what they have talked about is being very anti-government," McQuade said. "They fear this 'new world order' and they thought that it was their job to fight against government — the federal government in particular."

___

How is this any different than what went on in the 60's. And by our present leaders friends and advisers no less. And they actually carried out the threats, caused death and destruction, killed police, and not only got away with it, they are now in power. There is a whole lot more to fear about this story than a couple of god nuts.

I fear this new world order too and as citizens its our right and responsibility to fight against it.

Chris
03-31-2010, 12:11 PM
We have a mechanism that we can use to overthrow our government any time we want. They're called elections.

Let's get real- we can't get a decent chunk of our population to trouble themselves with going to their polling places once a year and participating in the process. So do you really think any of them can pull together and get a group assemble to begin running for offices to change the way we do things? That to me is alot simpler and safer, not to mention having a much lower level of commitment that an armed revolution.

These militia people are nothing more than mentally ill "mall ninjas" with delusions of being remembered as heroes.

TCEd
03-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Thats what you get from reading and believing the media, I knew some of these guys, gun nuts yes, angry at the government yes, just like the rest of us. But what they have been portrayed as is no different than what happened every day in the 60's. And as far as prosecution, its all lots of talk, no action, and they are being persecuted on talk. Youll be singing a different tune when the talk police come to your door.

I wonder why certain legislators and others havent been arrested for the threats they made against Bush and our military?

Per the FBI this group was planning about killing a law enforcement official and afterwards bombing the funeral. I doubt they have the skill sets to complete this plan but I woud never have though McVeigh would either.
I'm comfortable with their being where they are.

TCEd
03-31-2010, 04:56 PM
We have a mechanism that we can use to overthrow our government any time we want. They're called elections.

Let's get real- we can't get a decent chunk of our population to trouble themselves with going to their polling places once a year and participating in the process. So do you really think any of them can pull together and get a group assemble to begin running for offices to change the way we do things? That to me is alot simpler and safer, not to mention having a much lower level of commitment that an armed revolution.

These militia people are nothing more than mentally ill "mall ninjas" with delusions of being remembered as heroes.

Chris,
Yes, mall ninjas but look what McVeigh did and these bozos probably equate themselves to him. He's sort of a mall ninja hero.

JupiterSunsation
03-31-2010, 05:18 PM
chris,
yes, mall ninjas but look what mcveigh did and these bozos probably equate themselves to him. He's sort of a mall ninja hero.

+1

Chris
03-31-2010, 05:19 PM
No doubt a couple of mentally ill screwballs can do alot of damage. Probabaly more since the actions of one or two people are much harder to pick up on than an organized group. I'm talking about these delusional kooks that see themselves as the commanding general of the Second American Revolution.

I can't say I've ever considered it completely just as I doubt anyone on here has, but the scope of events necessary to organize and equip a civilian militia driven revolt would be unimaginable.

ROGUE
03-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Per the FBI this group was planning about killing a law enforcement official and afterwards bombing the funeral. I doubt they have the skill sets to complete this plan but I woud never have though McVeigh would either.
I'm comfortable with their being where they are.

Per the FBI, exactly. And you trust that?

MarylandMark
03-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Weren't WE (SOS) going to liberate Cuba or some thing down there one time?

Have you forgotten how stealth Phragle can be (sans the reflection off his head and orange socks)?

How you seen how many gun pics are posted on SOS?

How many political opinion threads are on this site?

Crazy wackos it appears, but who wouldn't label us, I mean some of you wackjobs, the same? J/K but heck, DC keeps F'ing us like they have been; wonder if we the people may go to these extremes?

Just to stir conversation of course...and of course this was for laughs.

LotoSteve
03-31-2010, 06:03 PM

The difference is the 60's wackos are now in charge. Be very very careful what you say or type. With the current atmosphere in this country, big brother is watching more then ever I would suspect. Remember when Napolitano issued a warning about right wing extremist? Guilty or not, now she can say I told you so.

fund razor
03-31-2010, 06:10 PM
Weren't WE (SOS) going to liberate Cuba or some thing down there one time?

Have you forgotten how stealth Phragle can be (sans the reflection off his head and orange socks)?

How you seen how many gun pics are posted on SOS?

How many political opinion threads are on this site?

Crazy wackos it appears, but who wouldn't label us, I mean some of you wackjobs, the same? J/K but heck, DC keeps F'ing us like they have been; wonder if we the people may go to these extremes?

Just to stir conversation of course...and of course this was for laughs.

They'll start with gun and political forums first. ;)
They'll find us when they ban our engines. :(

phragle
03-31-2010, 07:30 PM
No doubt a couple of mentally ill screwballs can do alot of damage. Probabaly more since the actions of one or two people are much harder to pick up on than an organized group. I'm talking about these delusional kooks that see themselves as the commanding general of the Second American Revolution.

I can't say I've ever considered it completely just as I doubt anyone on here has, but the scope of events necessary to organize and equip a civilian militia driven revolt would be unimaginable.

People probably thought it was nuts when a bunch of drunken farmers took on Engand too....

TCEd
03-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Per the FBI, exactly. And you trust that?

Yes, although the FBI has made errors occasionally I'll go with them. I think these people were stupid enough to think they could kill a cop and bomb his funeral and begin a uprising against the supposed anti-christ.

phragle
03-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Charlie Manson thought he was going to start a race war that would change the face a civilization too...

BBB725
03-31-2010, 09:01 PM

Not for everyone:sifone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s

Von Bongo
03-31-2010, 10:48 PM
Just remember innocent until proven guilty.

Our local head of the CSI lab just got found guilty of planting blood in a murder case.

Randy Weaver and Ruby Ridge is proof that the feds don't get it right all the time.

Feds also made a lot of errors in Waco.

Let it play out before you take sides, plus nice to see they lead with the Christian angle, if they were Muslim that would be a foot note.

Anyway I don't know why they think they need to start the end of the word, seems to be coming along nice without much help!

If they are right then hats off to them for stopping it before something went down.

Playn
04-01-2010, 12:01 AM
It all started inside a trailer home in rural Michigan

What a shock......never saw that comming..:rolleyes: