PDA

View Full Version : F cove

WATCHUS
03-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Anybody here the F Cove is closed up or is it just a rumor?
Rich

McGary911
03-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Don't think it's closed. Some decent info here: http://www.f-cove.com/

JerseyOutlaw
03-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Anybody here the F Cove is closed up or is it just a rumor?
Rich

The rumor is a true rumor, but its not closed "yet", I've heard the rumors for a few years now. The NJ Fish & Wildlife is the group trying to close it. I heard they want to backfill the deep lagoons to shallow water and put pilings at the entrance, but during work I drive over the Mantoloking Bridge quite a bit and you can see the cove from the bridge, no pilings so far

Big Time
03-29-2010, 01:02 PM
What would be the reason for closing it off?

Pro1
03-29-2010, 02:01 PM
People having too much fun.

JerseyOutlaw
03-29-2010, 03:50 PM
What would be the reason for closing it off?

The story I got from someone who works for the town was the deep water lagoons were originally dredged for homes, during dregging a type of Leaf Frog endangered species was found a the site and the project was shut down by the EPA and the NJ Fish & Wildlife. I like the cove and would hate to see it shut down

Big Time
03-29-2010, 03:57 PM
I thought it could be that officials never wanted the cast of the Jersey Shore to return there so they figured the best way to make sure that never happened was to close it off!! :sifone:

JerseyOutlaw
03-29-2010, 04:24 PM
I thought it could be that officials never wanted the cast of the Jersey Shore to return there so they figured the best way to make sure that never happened was to close it off!! :sifone:

They're filming in Miami next season, they weren't welcome around here:bump:

Caincando1
03-29-2010, 04:24 PM
I don't know which is worse, the F&W trying to close the cove or me about to ask why they call if F-Cove...even after looking at the pictures. It must have taken 6-7 minites to finally dawn on me.

JerseyOutlaw
03-29-2010, 04:28 PM
I don't know which is worse, the F&W trying to close the cove or me about to ask why they call if F-Cove...even after looking at the pictures. It must have taken 6-7 minites to finally dawn on me.

haha here, I'll help you out

JerseyOutlaw
03-30-2010, 09:02 AM
help save the F-cove visit www.ipetitions.com/petition/savefcove/ and sign the petition