PDA

View Full Version : Yup.. it's poofed.

PARADOX
11-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Well.. didn't take to long.. My Thread on OSO regarding thread deletion is deleted. LMOA not even a trace.. Not that it matters. I thinks Stecz got JokeCu'd as well
No secret that manny of us still drop in threre, still some good people there.. classified, tech stuff.. but with the attitude of the management ?? !! and their poor busines sense.. I see a doomed OSO.:ack2:
More power to SOS..

Ryan8886
11-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Never got into all the drama on that site, but it's disappointing what's happened to it. It was a huge resource for me as a new boater. I learned a ton reading through all those threads. Sad the "brain drain" that's occuring now that all that knowledge is leaving.

db71
11-23-2008, 02:03 AM
For me the biggest downside to OSO after IB is how slow it is. I feel this site was strongly needed just the personal touch alone is great. I also like the fact that I missed the begining of oso I was here for this one. I have read all the great threads of oso and they will never be replaced. But it is time to move.

LaughingCat
11-23-2008, 02:35 AM
just wonder if the owners of OSO read this site. Maybe they just sit in their ivory tower and drink the kool-aid.

fund razor
11-23-2008, 08:30 AM
just wonder if the owners of OSO read this site. Maybe they just sit in their ivory tower and drink the kool-aid.

The way that I see it, even having this great new site.... most of us STILL care more about OSO than the people involved in it's current operation.

Payton
11-23-2008, 10:40 AM
I visit both sites everyday. I sure can't tell a difference in speed. Maybe I don't have quite as high speed conection as some of you.

besides I hope this site doesn't become a bash OSO site. If it does, then It will be the last time I sign up. We don't need another one of those.

satisfied
11-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Ok I don't post much but I did put one post in the towing section of my semi and an accident I recently had with a bunch of pics now it is gone. Can someone tell me why it is poofed.

getchasum111
11-23-2008, 11:25 AM
the last 5 threads i started over there got poofed....some of them had nothing at all to do with thread poofing or sos....they just delete my threads period....and i am and have been a paying member there for 4 years...

satisfied
11-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Sorry, Guess I should have cleared that up. The thread was on here.

db71
11-23-2008, 12:10 PM
I am not bashing I still go there the problem is I have to be selective what threads I read because when I go back or anything it is slow or does not work. Now some of that may be my computer but it does not do it anywhere else and did not do it before IB.

PARADOX
11-23-2008, 12:36 PM
My new thread "Thred deletion WTF ?. thread deleted LMAO" got poofed .
That one lasted a few hores last night.
While no suprise on that one. I had a note to OSO management.

Looks like throuth hurts to those guys.
It really boils down to this. While OSO had some technical issues.. so does SOS. SOS staff is directly involved and working things out., open to coments and sugestions. OSO staf just ignores all the issues by members. OSO still have good people and tech stuff and the classified that I visit, but it will never be what once was.
I sinking ship, that their managements is drilling bigger holes in every day. :(

Bobcat
11-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Ok I don't post much but I did put one post in the towing section of my semi and an accident I recently had with a bunch of pics now it is gone. Can someone tell me why it is poofed.

it still in the towing section, if you posted it on the dock it was probably moved

satisfied
11-23-2008, 01:45 PM
ok thanks

satisfied
11-23-2008, 01:50 PM
I guess I was blind thanks