PDA

View Full Version : Spectre Reinventing Itself

Matt Trulio
03-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Had a few technical issues online and had to pull this post. Resolved.

Spoke to Jay Pilini of Spectre earlier today, http://www.boats.com/boat-content/2010/03/spectre-powerboats-revival/.

Lots going on at Spectre. Good to hear.

Bgchuby01
03-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Yes but Jay only builds them for the owner of the molds who is from Jersey. He will rig and build them per specs from Jersey. The molds were sold to the guy from Jersey who bought them from Gary Smith of Predator who aquired them when Scott Conrad defaulted on a loan for purchasing spectre.

JupiterSunsation
03-25-2010, 09:36 PM
So Jeff what you are saying is Jay is the subcontractor and you have to buy the boat from the NJ guy?

Matt your script is still a little messed up on your webpage......

Matt Trulio
03-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Jupe,

Yeah, the script has been coming and going with different browsers. It might be clean on Firefox and then messed up on Safari, and vice-versa.

As for how Spectres are being sold and distributed, Jay and I didn't get into that. Rather than speculate, for anyone who's interested I suggested calling Spectre. The number is on the web site, which I linked to. Working on it.

As for the business behind the acquisition, I believe that is between Jay and the other parties involved. Which is why I didn't go into it and, frankly, Jay didn't want to go into it.

Fair enough, BgChuby01?

Bgchuby01
03-25-2010, 10:59 PM
If you want to buy a spectre you call the new owner Tony Fricini in New Jersey or call Jay to order your new boat. Tony can be reached at 201-741-6612 or you can find Tony on this site with a user name of Indiconc. Tony is the person that bought the rights to spectre from Gary when Gary took over spectre and SC Performance when Scott Conrad went belly up and Gary was the lien holder. Jupiter yes Jay will be the builder and rig the boats but has no financial interest in the ownership of spectre.

Tank
03-25-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm very happy to see specte back in the hands of people that want to build boats. Spectre was really at the top of their game when it was sold. Unfortunately Scott didn't push forward with the potential and let it go stagnent.

I've been on a few specte's and have always been impressed with the way they run. They were also a lot of boat for the money can't wait to see what Jay and Tony have in store!