PDA

View Full Version : Netflix or Blockbuster

Davidmnc
03-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Thinking about signing up for one or the other, or some thing else. I have used them both in the past, and really don't have a preference. Blockbuster has the option of dropping off and picking up movies at the store, but the closes store is not very closse to my house. I think I remember Netflix turning movies around faster. Which one should I use?

Sunsation96
03-25-2010, 01:30 PM
I use Netflix and yes the turn around time is quick

Wrinkleface
03-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Thinking about signing up for one or the other, or some thing else. I have used them both in the past, and really don't have a preference. Blockbuster has the option of dropping off and picking up movies at the store, but the closes store is not very closse to my house. I think I remember Netflix turning movies around faster. Which one should I use?

Bobster I think uses Flix all the X! Maybe he can chime in!!!:confused:

Trim'd Up
03-25-2010, 02:34 PM
I use netflix and the turnaround for me is one day. I like it because you get the netflix on demand stuff if you have xbox.

fund razor
03-25-2010, 03:12 PM
If this sort of thing makes any difference to you.... Blockbuster is dying a slow painful death.

clayinaustin
03-25-2010, 03:41 PM
If this sort of thing makes any difference to you.... Blockbuster is dying a slow painful death.

Brick and Mortar are expensive. :p

clayinaustin
03-25-2010, 03:44 PM
If you go with Nexflix, be sure to get a Netflix Ready Device (http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevices)

You can stream movies "instantly" :D

Sunsation96
03-25-2010, 03:53 PM
If you go with Nexflix, be sure to get a Netflix Ready Device (http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevices)

You can stream movies "instantly" :D

Nice:cheers2: Blu Ray Player:cheers2:

Davidmnc
03-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I have a WII. It says coming soon!

rchevelle71
03-25-2010, 04:49 PM

looks like your about on the same tech level as me, ony thing we have is a wii, wife wanted it for the fitness thing, now instead of watching TV when I get home from work, I get to watch her jump up and down on that stupid thing. I get my movies from the machines in the grocery store, its like $1 a day, not sure if you have them near you.

Bobcat
03-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Netflix for me, I can watch movies on my laptop or sync it to the TV. turn around for the DVD's is 2 days (has to go to Miami where Rick watches it , then turns it in:eek:) Blockbuster down here sucks ass and still charges late fees.

clayinaustin
04-13-2010, 05:05 PM

It's here! Netflix - Wii (http://www.netflix.com/NRD/Wii)

More News (http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2010/04/13/wii-joins-the-netflix-stream.aspx)

Do you have a Nintendo Wii and a Netflix account? If so, you can now stream Netflix Watch Instantly’s entire library of TV and film content to your TV using your console’s Wi-Fi connection. You’ll need to order a disc from Netflix to do it, but that disc is shipping to anyone who wants it now; previously it was available to only a select few.

Log into your account and go to Netflix.com/Wii, then tap the “Send the FREE Disc!” button and your disc will be on its way, just like any other Netflix disc. You’ll get to keep this one because you’ll need to put it into the console any time you want to watch movies online.

Sony’s PlayStation 3 uses a similar method, but Netflix is integrated into the software of Microsoft’s Xbox 360 console — no disc required. Also note that unlike those machines the Wii is only capable of standard definition video, so you won’t be able to enjoy Netflix in high definition.

That won’t matter to millions of Netflix users, however. The Wii is more popular than either the PlayStation 3 or the Xbox 360 despite its lack of high definition; some people just don’t care that much about HD. Netflix’s web player doesn’t do HD either, so it’s not like Wii owners are missing out on something essential to the Netflix experience.

clayinaustin
04-13-2010, 05:24 PM
However, Netflix can only stream in 720p and it's not even 5.1 surround sound.

The Wii can do 480p, so it's "good enough" as a streaming device.

If you want "real" 1080p, then you still need to have a BluRay player (i.e. Sony PS3) and the actual BulRay disc.

Enjoy! :cool:

Davidmnc
04-13-2010, 05:28 PM
It's here! Netflix - Wii (http://www.netflix.com/NRD/Wii)

More News (http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2010/04/13/wii-joins-the-netflix-stream.aspx)

Do you have a Nintendo Wii and a Netflix account? If so, you can now stream Netflix Watch Instantly’s entire library of TV and film content to your TV using your console’s Wi-Fi connection. You’ll need to order a disc from Netflix to do it, but that disc is shipping to anyone who wants it now; previously it was available to only a select few.

Log into your account and go to Netflix.com/Wii, then tap the “Send the FREE Disc!” button and your disc will be on its way, just like any other Netflix disc. You’ll get to keep this one because you’ll need to put it into the console any time you want to watch movies online.

Sony’s PlayStation 3 uses a similar method, but Netflix is integrated into the software of Microsoft’s Xbox 360 console — no disc required. Also note that unlike those machines the Wii is only capable of standard definition video, so you won’t be able to enjoy Netflix in high definition.

That won’t matter to millions of Netflix users, however. The Wii is more popular than either the PlayStation 3 or the Xbox 360 despite its lack of high definition; some people just don’t care that much about HD. Netflix’s web player doesn’t do HD either, so it’s not like Wii owners are missing out on something essential to the Netflix experience.

Just ordered the disk!!! :cheers2:

TCEd
04-13-2010, 07:53 PM
I know this with Netflix. if you have a problem call customer service. Regardless if they fix things or not they will send you a follow up e-mail asking about your customer service satisfaction and another phone number to call. That number gets you to someone that will get things done to satisfy you.
ed

jhenrie
04-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Wii is there , ordered my disc tonight , says I'll have it in one day. Watch it now is cool on the pc too. Gotta get my tivo in the network too. I'll get so much tv crap I'll never get the new intake on my boat and get ready for boating !!!

fund razor
04-10-2012, 07:41 PM
And.... it's gone. Took two years to die.

Bobcat
04-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Dam....guess I'll throw away my Betamax player!!!

Ratickle
04-11-2012, 10:13 PM
I thought you still had your 8 track....

old377guy
04-11-2012, 11:26 PM
I thought you still had your 8 track....

Stereo OR Quadraphonic?