PDA

View Full Version : Any Homeowners Ins Agents???

ILMORdude
03-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Im supposed to close in the next week on MY FIRST HOME! Im pretty dang excited and need to get some homeowners ins. Figured I'd ask my SOS people for advice/referrals. Thanks!

Wrinkleface
03-24-2010, 08:05 PM
I do biz w/ a local company here in Fenton & they write me thru Auto Owners, have had them check w/ multiple companies & that was the best deal! I have everything w/ them! good luck!:seeya:

& congratz on the new home!!!!

hotjava66
03-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Auto Owners has always treated me extremely well, had some issues with a few others. I have a good friend who is my agent and a boater, i can give you his #. Not sure where you are, we are in Bay City/Saginaw/Midland area. His company is statewide and based in Detroit area.

ILMORdude
03-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Im in the Detroit area. Shoot me a pm with #. Thanks!!!

Chris
03-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Companies don't matter nearly as much as agents. Find a good one and stick with them. Preferrably an independent that can move you to the best place as they often change.

I've had my agent get me paid on stuff specifically excluded in my policy.

I'd ask your employer who they use. It's probably a local agent. Even the guys that write alot of business coverage all still do individual auto/home/etc. Nothing wrong to use a little of the juice your company has in getting you treated well. If you can get the guy that writes the check to make an intro call, you're in.

ILMORdude
03-25-2010, 06:11 PM
good advice......thanks guys